Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
PS! Technical Support Thread

Introduction

Before you try anything else, if something's not working, see if it's fixed by connecting via HTTPS; copy/paste this into your URL bar: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

This thread is dedicated to technical support for Pokemon Showdown. This is not the place to post bug reports or feature requests--the only things that should go in this thread are requests for help doing something that you should be able to do already, like connect to the server or stay connected.

Also, if you are having trouble connecting, make sure that the login server isn't just down by clicking this link.

PS is still in development, so we may not have the answer to all your questions, but we'll try, and the information you provide should help us identify problem areas.

Rules

If you post a support request in this thread, it must contain the following information. If it does not, it will be deleted. If the information is irrelevant to your request/question, it probably belongs in Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Operating system
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
  4. When did this problem start?
  5. Your PS username
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).
In addition, you should not post if...
  • ...your question is answered already in the FAQ post in this thread.
  • ...you have a bug to report that's not technical, such as an error in tiering, commands not working, etc. Post bug reports through the bug reports form.
  • ...you have a suggestion for Showdown. The suggestions forum is here.
  • ...you want to ask a question about Shoddy Battle, Pokemon Laboratory or Pokemon Online. We do not support these simulators anymore.
  • ...you want to file a complaint or otherwise need to contact upper staff, see this thread for contacting upper staff.
  • ...you want to appeal a punishment.
    • If its a room punishment (mute, roomban, blacklist) contact a room owner or the staff member who punished you.
    • Otherwise if its a lock, weeklock, or namelock, open a help ticket on the website with /ht.
    • Otherwise if its a global (server) ban, permalock, or permaban please see this thread.
Example Post said:
  1. Windows XP
  2. Firefox 8
  3. I've also tried Chrome and Opera. Same thing happens.
  4. About a month ago
  5. Antar
  6. Every time I log onto the server, I get a flood of PMs from people who want me to fix shit. I figure people must be seeing my username as "Zarel" or "bmelts" and thus think I actually know enough to help them.

The easiest way for you to make a post like this is to quote-reply to the next post, remove the quote tags, and fill in the relevant information.

1. Operating system
  2. (Web Browser)
  3. (Other Browsers?)
  4. (When did this problem start?)
  5. (PS username)
  6. (Problem)

FAQ
This will be filled in as we come up with the answers.

List of Supported Browsers
  • Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Safari
  • Safari for iPhone/iPod/iPad
  • Opera
  • Firefox for Android

List of Browsers Known Not to Work

I keep getting this whenever I try to go to Pokemon Showdown. On the mac download, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.

I've tried from other mac systems with my home's internet connection, and that seems to work. It only seems to work on user accounts with admin rights, but I am not able to get those.

This all started since about two days ago, have you changed anything which causes this at my end?

Please help! I really want to play on PS!!

1. Operating system Windows 7
  2. (Web Browser) IE9
  3. (Other Browsers?)
  4. (When did this problem start?) A week or two ago
  5. (PS username)
  6. (Problem) Same problem as Mew

Operating System-Windows 7
Browser-Chrome-not known-think I've had browser since new year and haven't updated
Started-Today
Username-fatsnorlax
Problem-ditto mew
I was DCd yesterday, and didn't immediatly reconnect.... this problem has been plaguing me for the day...

Browser-Chrome-not known-think I've had browser since new year and haven't updated
Chrome downloads new updates behind the scenes (unless you turn that functionality off) and applies them when you relaunch it. As such, there's not much need to specify a version number since most everyone just uses "Chrome"; anyone using the beta or dev channels knows they're doing so because they opted into it and can specify that they're using e.g. *checks about box* Chrome 22.0.1207.1 dev-m when reporting bugs.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I keep getting this whenever I try to go to Pokemon Showdown. On the mac download, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.

I've tried from other mac systems with my home's internet connection, and that seems to work. It only seems to work on user accounts with admin rights, but I am not able to get those.

This all started since about two days ago, have you changed anything which causes this at my end?

Same thing on my mac, although i haven't tried on any other systems yet.

1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. Opera and Firefox 8
4. Around 4 pm
5. Saucy Wench
6. Every time I try to connect, it says disconnect detected.

Bryce

Lun

I am having the same problem.

Operating system Windows xp
(Web Browser) Google chrome
(Other Browsers?)
(When did this problem start?) a few days ago
(PS username)RS White Symphoni
(Problem) The one which I QUOTE

Win7
Chrome
Others: safari, opera, IE9
I've had this problem since the beginning of time.
username = ★ce

I cannot get PS to work with chrome.

"Joining showdown server... "
then: "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted."

PS kinda works with IE but it is so laggy I can't really play normally.
Sarfari works better but it stops working after a few minuets the page just goes black(pretty sure this is just safari, not PS.) Opera and firefox have the same problem as chrome.

I have tried un-installing and then re-installing twice, that didn't work.

No it isn't :(. When i started it up it was working and then after 20 mins it just looped my last command like i posted in my bug report. After that it disconnects again. I will quote my bug report for you.

I previously posted a similar bug and i think ihave a little bit of an idea of what happened. I suffer from the D/C problem and i have found that it will repair itself sometimes for about 20 mins or so. However after 20 mins it seems to just replay my last command over and over again. I have attached to two images as an example.

and

and

and

Am I the only one who still gets the reconnect message? It happening every 20 seconds and is impossible to play. I tried it on all browsers and my username is LMK

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I've heard several people talk about the "disconnect every few minutes" issue, but I don't personally have that problem (I think most people don't), so I don't know how to fix it.

I've heard that it's only been happening since the DDoS attacks, but since then, there've been no changes likely to cause it.

I think I'm going to need someone who does experience it to help test.

When you see the "Disconnected" menu, instead of hitting "Reconnect", open the developer console. In most browsers, this is F12. If that don't work, try Opt+Cmd+I or Ctrl+Shift+I.

Assuming Chrome, in the bottom right, you should see red circle next to a number: http://d.pr/i/vDgF

Click the number, and it should show an error message. Tell me the error message.

If there's no red circle, that's going to make things a lot harder to fix. :/

I have the same error as pretty much everybody here.
Windows 7
Chrome
Nope.
Today, which is the first time I tried PS.
I don't have a username yet, because I keep being disconnected before I can get to round 3 in a battle.

(Operating system) Windows 7
(Web Browser) Chrome (version 21.0.1180.60)
(Other Browsers?) Tried in IE9. Same problem.
(When did this problem start?) Last night, August 2 2012.
(PS username) Doman
(Problem) Pretty much the exact same problem that Mew has - I always get disconnected while on the login screen, during the "Connecting to Showdown Server..." step. Or rather, it was working entirely normally the first few days I used it (started on August 1, 2012), then disconnected me and my brother (PS username: SteamedRat) in the middle of a match. Neither of us have been able to successfully connect once since. There is no 'red circle' on the developer console as described in Zarel's post. downforeveryoneorjustme says it's just me.

can some1 help me with a issue i have?: when i try to log in it just stops at "Connecting to showdown server" then i dc it has been working fine the last days untill now, im using chrome on a mac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)