Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the server for PS chat?
The main server (Smogon server) is here. If you're looking for a specific room, just scroll down the room list. The main room is the lobby, but there are many other rooms for anything you might be interested. If you have any questions on there, feel free to PM me or any other ranked user. Alternatively, you can go to the PS Mentoring room straight from here.

The Lobby when you play Pokemon showdown, I'm wondering if I can connect to those channels using a client. I assume they aren't under the same server.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any idea why the aplication keeps forgetting my teams?
If you clear your cookies, your teams will be erased. If you want to clear them without losing your teams, you can use the backup/restore feature to first save them as text.

Does anyone know how the newly implemented ladder decay works? Like how much time needs to pass before it kicks in and how much your rank decreases by if it does?

Hello? Guys? I need a staff on PS to change my Server's url and name. PLease, reply ASAP. Thank YOu. Can u please link me to that staff's profile? Thank YOu again :)

Hello? Guys? I need a staff on PS to change my Server's url and name. PLease, reply ASAP. Thank YOu. Can u please link me to that staff's profile? Thank YOu again :)
I suggest checking out the PS development IRC channel here. Most of the technical staff lurk around here and you'll probably get a quicker response.

I am new to PS, so I am not sure if these are silly questions or not, but:

1. Is there a way to link your Smogon user profile to your PS profile?
  2. Is there a type chart on the team builder?

Thanks!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I am new to PS, so I am not sure if these are silly questions or not, but:

1. Is there a way to link your Smogon user profile to your PS profile?
  2. Is there a type chart on the team builder?

Thanks!
I believe the first of these is "in the works". Not sure how it will end up.

The second is down to you researching it. There are type charts everywhere online. Study up!

I believe the first of these is "in the works". Not sure how it will end up.

The second is down to you researching it. There are type charts everywhere online. Study up!
Thanks mate!

No need to study up, I just thought there might be an interactive type chart in the team builder that tallies your selections. Maybe that's one for the suggestions box then!

This may sound incredibly noobish but Showdown OU is played at lv 100 or 50? I've been playing on cart all my life and only recently started using showdown and even then it was to practice VGC.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This may sound incredibly noobish but Showdown OU is played at lv 100 or 50? I've been playing on cart all my life and only recently started using showdown and even then it was to practice VGC.
Don't worry about it, this is what the thread is for. All questions! :) As for the answer, yes. They are played at level 100, with the correct stats they would get at that level as well unless you change the level yourself. Certain things like Random Battles mix up the levels depending on how good that Pokemon is competitively.

Last edited:
Is it possible to make /ignore work on voice and other non-staff ranked users for a custom server? If you do know, please show me how to go about doing so.

Is it possible to make /ignore work on voice and other non-staff ranked users for a custom server? If you do know, please show me how to go about doing so.
when you ignore someone it tells you User [person you want to ignore] ignored. (Moderator messages will not be ignored.) so you can ignore all users up to moderators i believe. :) type /ignore [username]

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
You need to edit the config.js file, located in the config folder. At the bottom of the file, it lists all of the ranks. I'm not sure if I understand fully what you are trying to do. If you want /ignore to work with all ranked users and make it possible to ignore staff messages, then you need to delete the "receiveauthmessages" line in the Driver section. If you want Voices to be able to bypass the command like staff members, then you need to move the "receiveauthmessages" line to the Voice section. If you need more help, send me a PM

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!

You need to edit the config.js file, located in the config folder. At the bottom of the file, it lists all of the ranks. I'm not sure if I understand fully what you are trying to do. If you want /ignore to work with all ranked users and make it possible to ignore staff messages, then you need to delete the "receiveauthmessages" line in the Driver section. If you want Voices to be able to bypass the command like staff members, then you need to move the "receiveauthmessages" line to the Voice section. If you need more help, send me a PM
Ah, I mean I want users to be able to ignore chat messages from those with custom ranks (i.e. -). I just realized that it is possible to ignore voice users, so ignore the part about it. Unfortunately, moving "receiveauthmessages" in config.js does not change how /ignore functions. However, I assume this bit of code in the client is what defines who can be ignored. If that is true, it means that only regular and voice users can be ignored. Regardless, it's not a big deal; I'll just change our custom rank to voice.

Why can I not ever chat in the lobby when it's set to autoconfirmed? The name I'm using is several weeks old and I've played hundreds of matches.

Why can I not ever chat in the lobby when it's set to autoconfirmed? The name I'm using is several weeks old and I've played hundreds of matches.
It's a known bug. If you log out then back in again it should work. I'd keep persisting with it as it might not work the first time.

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
It's a known bug. If you log out then back in again it should work. I'd keep persisting with it as it might not work the first time.
I believe that if you use an account that works with Autoconfirmed, then jsut change to the new account, it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)