Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
well he got it from whe whimsicott thread... so it SHOULD learn whirlwind which im pretty sure it does since it learns hurricane, and it also explains y i made my statement on the dragonite thing...
As everybody said, whimsicott doesn't learn whirlwind. But Murkrow does, and is the only that can use this combo (Whirlwind+Prankster ability).

Also nitpick: Shuffle moves= priority -6, Prankster: give non damaging moves +1; that makes shuffle moves used by prankster -5 priority.

@TM13IceBeam: And you are right, the Whimsicott partner is just for Priority stun spore, so dragonite does not waste a turn using T-Wave. I'm assuming doubles battles, though.

I think you meant -6
Oops.. I did mean that :L

No need. In RSE, Thunder Wave doesn't trigger Volt Absorb.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volt_Absorb

note how it specifically says that "before Gen IV, Thunder Wave can paralyse a Pokemon with Volt Absorb."
Oh wow, I didn't know that. My mistake.

Is Honchkrow better with Moxie and Dark/Flying coverage, or with Super Luck and Dark/Fire/Flying/Fighting coverage? I kinda like Moxie since if you can Pursuit something (like a switching Vulpix) you can get a free Attack boost, then out-prioritize their Chlorophyll sweepers with Sucker Punch. But with Heat Wave and Superpower, you can take care of Chansey, Kyurem, Empoleon, Escavalier, Magneton, and a few others easier.

Oops.. I did mean that :L

Oh wow, I didn't know that. My mistake.

Is Honchkrow better with Moxie and Dark/Flying coverage, or with Super Luck and Dark/Fire/Flying/Fighting coverage? I kinda like Moxie since if you can Pursuit something (like a switching Vulpix) you can get a free Attack boost, then out-prioritize their Chlorophyll sweepers with Sucker Punch. But with Heat Wave and Superpower, you can take care of Chansey, Kyurem, Empoleon, Escavalier, Magneton, and a few others easier.
I, personally, use this set on Honchkrow:
Honchkrow @ Dark Gem
Jolly + Moxie
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Substitute
Brave Bird
Sucker Punch
Pursuit

Substitute to avoid status from Pokemon slower then Honchkrow, Brave Bird there for STAB and Conkeldurr. Pursuit I believe OHKO's switching Reuniclus, and Sucker Punch for priority.

Im making a team with heatran, scizor, and rotom-W in it. What would be a good fourth member? I was thinking venesaur or Brijion, but im not sure.

Just curious, who'd be greAt if they had sand streAm?
I'm asking my friend to hack me one for a random matches we will have
Maybe rhyperior or carracosta aggron?

Just curious, who'd be greAt if they had sand streAm?
I'm asking my friend to hack me one for a random matches we will have
Maybe rhyperior or carracosta aggron?
It won't be allowed in random matches if it's given an unreleased/impossible ability, fyi.

@Virizion

That depends. If you plan on using it in random matches/OU, I'd go with Insomnia; if you plan on using it in UU/RU (Which, from the threats you've listed I'd assume is what you plan), some would say Moxie is better; it's explained pretty well in the UU Honchkrow thread. (Also, minor nitpick, but Drought and Kyurem are banned in UU.)

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked but is MC/NVE tier up and running?
Not on the Smogon server. It might be on a different server, but I doubt it.
YeAh like I said I'm just trying to do these with my friendsNonly
Any suggestions on the mon though??
Aggron would probably be your best bet. However, I've got a gimmickier suggestion for you, if you're interested:Shuckle. As if he wasn't annoying already, he gets a 50% Sp. Def boost without need of a Tyranitar! It's not the best, but if you are just playing for fun with friends, you could give it a shot.

Does a whole lot really hinge on IVs? I just wanted to know, if I EV train well and the IVs are just OK, do i have a chance competitively?

Does a whole lot really hinge on IVs? I just wanted to know, if I EV train well and the IVs are just OK, do i have a chance competitively?
The only IV's that matter nearly all the time are Speed, and sometimes HP (For Stealth Rock or Substitute situations). For instance, if your Starmie has a Speed IV of 28 and is against a Raikou with max Speed, your Starmie will attack after the Raikou (Instead of Speed-tying), possibly getting KO'ed before it can even move.

The only IV's that matter nearly all the time are Speed, and sometimes HP (For Stealth Rock or Substitute situations). For instance, if your Starmie has a Speed IV of 28 and is against a Raikou with max Speed, your Starmie will attack after the Raikou (Instead of Speed-tying), possibly getting KO'ed before it can even move.
Alright, thank you.
And if anyone else can answer this:
Does most of the competitive stuff take place in wi-fi or on Pokemon Online?
I posted it in the wi-fi SQSA and haven't received an answer.

Alright, thank you.
On Pokemon Online. That's where the majority of the official tourneys happen, where the usage stats are taken from and you get voting rights from laddering on the server, not on Wi-Fi.

Alright, thank you.
Romeert is correct when it comes to Smogon's competitive scene, but for competitive battling in general, most battles take place on Wi-Fi (Random Matchup or just Colosseum matches).

On Pokemon Online. That's where the majority of the official tourneys happen, where the usage stats are taken from and you get voting rights from laddering on the server, not on Wi-Fi.
Thanks, that helps. It'd be a nightmare to get any of those teams I see in RMT on my copy of White; I don't use any hacks.

To unlock the Super-Single subway line...do you need a minimum number of badges or something? Because i completed the Normal-Single subway line by defeating the trainmaster, but when i go to the Supers...they say that it is not ready yet.

Romeert is correct when it comes to Smogon's competitive scene, but for competitive battling in general, most battles take place on Wi-Fi (Random Matchup or just Colosseum matches).
Oh thanks for the answer, I didn't see it earlier.
Do most of the people on Random Matchup get their teams legitimately, or do they use hacks?

To unlock the Super-Single subway line...do you need a minimum number of badges or something? Because i completed the Normal-Single subway line by defeating the trainmaster, but when i go to the Supers...they say that it is not ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)