Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an Aqua Tail glitch?

I've searched google, these forums, serebii and bulbapedia and can't find anything about this. I just did an in-game Double Battle with my Carracosta and Gastrodon vs. Darmanitan x2. Even though I select Darmanitan as my target, Carracosta's Aqua Tail hits Gastrodon twice and not hitting either Darmanitan at all. This also triggers Gastrodon's Storm Drain.

Is there an Aqua Tail glitch?

I've searched google, these forums, serebii and bulbapedia and can't find anything about this. I just did an in-game Double Battle with my Carracosta and Gastrodon vs. Darmanitan x2. Even though I select Darmanitan as my target, Carracosta's Aqua Tail hits Gastrodon twice and not hitting either Darmanitan at all. This also triggers Gastrodon's Storm Drain.
Storm Drain has the effect of diverting Water attacks to the wielder of the ability.

Hey,

3 day reader, first time poster here.

-> What I want out of this post is a pointer or two in regards what direction to take in order to get into the competitive scene in the least amount of time. <-

First I'll bore you with a little information about me, it may be long, but it is relevant so bare with me here.

So a little bit about me, I played Pokemon red when it came out and did not touch pokemon until last week when I picked up a 3ds and white. Also bought me a Heart Gold that I have yet to touch. Originally I just wanted an easy going rpg to relax with, but then I noticed the whole competitive scene out there with the theory crafting, sheets and what not.

Ive always been heavy into competative gaming with TBS games as my preference. And then I noticed that the pokemon games sort of fit into the TBS mindset.

So I started playing White like I said. Beat a couple of gyms and found the daycare center. Beat a few more and saw that I could breed pokemon. So I traded myself all the starters and most of the rares (male and female). Then I found this site and saw that all of them are more or less "bad" for various reasons. I Read up on EV training and IV's and semi facepalmed due to the amount of effort that would take to get one flawless pokemon.
(People seem fairly reasonable at the GTS when they ask for trades btw!)

So I breed me a Mienfoo with the right nature and EV trained him the slow way just to learn and understand the ins and outs of it. And yeah I was more or less hooked as I have a tender spot for min-maxing in any game. (Ill never ever EV train a pokemon the slow way again tho, ever.)

(Mienshao seemed like a decent enough chap to start with based on my research)

Now Ive read similar posts as the one I post here, and the advice people normally get is to sign up for the tutor program if you want to get into the competitive scene. While that is an option it seems fairly RNG, and I'm fairly impatient. I'm able to use Google and watch vid's on my own and I more or less understand the structure of a team by this point and I can see why people win/lose a match.

I've probably missed a few things however.

So could someone be so kind to point me in the best direction to take?

Any advice, pointers or pokemon's would be greatly appreciated.

-Kess

(Sorry for bad grammar and typos, but English is not my first nor second language)

okay for ev training you want to go get the power items from the subway. it makes it go so fast.
as for the other stuff im not much help there.
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I saw all those items, but I couldn't really find out how to earn points for them. I tried a few games in the single lane and got 0 points. And thus I was a bit baffled. Tried looking around, but couldn't find any info about it. (Its probably right in front of me somewhere tho.)

-Kess

For the Subway, the first thing you'll need are some decent Pokemon. In-game teams should work fine, especially in the normal Subway. Or, you could catch and EV-train something strong and really breeze through it (Haxorus, Galvantula, Bouffalant, etc). Using the Macho Brace (and hopefully Pokerus) would help here.

In the Battle Subway, you get Battle Points for every 7 matches you win in a row. The Single and Double Subways have relatively weak Pokemon, with the 21st battle being the Subway Boss. You get 10 BP for beating him, and then open the Super Single or Super Double Subways, which have stronger Pokemon and also award more points.

you have to win a lot of battles in the subway. try the simple single line. once you beat that you can do the super single line. the subway is also good practice to try and get into it a little.

@ Kessaja: An quick and easy way to get into competitive battling is to take a few successful teams from the RMT section and just battle with it on PO. You will very quickly get a feel for how battles unfold and what strategies opponents tend to use. With this experience you will almost be able to feel your way through and have a gut instinct of what works and what doesn't.

The next step is becoming a better battler and team builder. You can begin by looking at the standard sets for various Pokemon and trying to understand what makes them work. This is the part where you will need to slowly read up on most Pokemon, get to know what each Pokemon does, the moves they will likely use, and what roles they perform on a team. It will greatly help if you make a few make-shift teams (using your gut instinct and your previous battling experience) to battle with each Pokemon you research, to get a feel for how it is used and what the limits of its capabilities are. We are all pretty much at various stages at this step and few people would have a perfect knowledge of every single Pokemon. The more you know the more successful you will be in building a team, in facing enemy teams, and in predicting the moves of your opponents.

And that's pretty much all there is to it! Whether you choose to play on PO or start training a successful team on your cartridge is entirely up to you. Just grab a pre-made team and dive in on PO!

how many DP does it take to get poliwag in the Dream World? and is it found in puddles in the forest, or in the sea?
what berries give the most dream points? lum?

berries give dream points. do they all give the same amount, or do some give more than others.

how maany points for vulpix?
I'm unsure what you're talking about. Berries do not give dream points. The only way to earn dream points is to water another player's berries, win a minigame, gain a dream pal, or log in to the PGL once a day.

Vulpix also requires 10,000.

I'm unsure what you're talking about. Berries do not give dream points. The only way to earn dream points is to water another player's berries, win a minigame, gain a dream pal, or log in to the PGL once a day.

Vulpix also requires 10,000.
oh. i thought planting or picking gave DP. darn.

whats the best fighting move for slaking. brick break or low sweep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)