Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I have recently developed a core that I believe is relatively solid. This core includes Vaporeon, Forretress and Latias. Besides Thundurus, is there anything that this core seems weak to?
Well, it might be a bit weak to a Tyranitar with a Fire move such as Fire Punch (or even Flamethrower/Fire Blast if it's Tyraniboah or something) but those aren't to common. Vaporeon may have a difficult time stopping it due to the Sp. Def boost Tyranitar gets in Sandstorm. However, it looks like a nice core to me.

Hello all. I have recently developed a core that I believe is relatively solid. This core includes Vaporeon, Forretress and Latias. Besides Thundurus, is there anything that this core seems weak to? I am considering abandoning the core altogether unless someone believes it has some potential.
Flying-type is the only type that gets neutral against this core. Other than that, it's pretty solid.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Hello all. I have recently developed a core that I believe is relatively solid. This core includes Vaporeon, Forretress and Latias. Besides Thundurus, is there anything that this core seems weak to? I am considering abandoning the core altogether unless someone believes it has some potential.
Latios, Hydreigon, Starmie, Excadrill, SD Scizor, DD Mence and DNite, Volcarona, Terrakion and SubSD Landlos.
Forretress is imo the weak link since plenty of stuff sets-up on him.
You could exchange him with Ferrothorn who can run T-Wave to scare these mons from setting up.

@above Scarf Rotom-W could work as a TTar lure for a rain team they see you using it on ferrothorn and switch-in tar just to take a big junk of damage other than that there isn`t much use as HP Fire is superior in almost any way because Grass Types love to switch into him.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Amarillo said:
I have a quick question about Encore.

Currently in PO, if you're slower and you Encore on the turn it is supposed to end, then the Encore renews because it ended after the move, and not at the end of turn. If you find my wording hard to understand:

Current PO Mechanics, CM Refresh Latias vs Encore Politoed

Turn 1:Latias Calm Minds - Politoed Encores
Turn 2:Latias forced to CM (1st turn of Encore) - Politoed Toxics
Turn 3:Latias forced to CM (2nd turn of Encore) - Politoed does whatever
Turn 4:Latias forced to CM (3rd turn of Encore. Encore ENDS) - Politoed uses Encore, does not fail. End of turn does not give "_____'s Encore ended!" message.
(If this were Gen 4 mechanics, Encore would fail, and it would give "_____'s Encore ended!")
Turn 5:Latias is still locked into CM, and is unable to use refresh. She finally realizes that she is forced to switch or die to Toxic.

Now, is this a PO glitch, or does this work on cartridge too? (I can't find in-game thing that uses Encore -.-)

Thanks!
Anyone? or is this not the right place to ask?

The message "___'s Encore ended" must appear before they can be Encored again, otherwise it will fail. But if you are faster than them you can Encore their Encored move as soon as the first one ends before they can select a different move

It'll be legal, but (sorry for suggesting this but it's allowed in the Wi-Fi section) why not just use the x900 recovery item one, and put each of EV Wings in the first spot for each activation so you have 900 of all EV Wings?
Thanks Virizion and I will find the codes and use them later. Also does this mean I can put rare candys on my game and still participate in VGC and pass the hack check?

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
@Zacchaeus:

Oh well, that's weird. Because the above scenario actually happened on PO. Should ask on their forum, right? IIRC Smogon has nothing to do with PO development.

EDIT: @ BurningMan: I know what's going on with the Encore glitch and how they fixed it. It used to be that Encore lasted 3 turns, not 3 moves. That was an error on their part, and they fixed it so that Encore from slower mons last 1 more move. But I am afraid that they fixed one bug while making another bug. I have a log, bolded the part I wasn't so sure if the move was working as it was supposed to.

Start of turn 7
The foe's Rotom-W used Volt Switch!
Escavalier's substitute faded!
Crazy Rudolf called Rotom-W back!
Crazy Rudolf sent out Tentacruel!

Escavalier used Megahorn!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Tentacruel lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Tentacruel fainted!

Escavalier restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Crazy Rudolf sent out Politoed!

The foe's Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!
zxcv: lol

Start of turn 8
The foe's Politoed used Scald!
A critical hit!
Escavalier lost 180 HP! (52% of its health)
Escavalier fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
zxcv sent out Latias!

Start of turn 9
Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's Politoed used Encore!
Latias received an encore!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 10
Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's Politoed used Toxic!
The attack of the foe's Politoed missed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11
Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Latias was poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!
Latias is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 12
Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Latias received an encore!

Rain continues to fall!
Latias restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 13
Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's Politoed used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
Latias lost 32 HP! (8% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
zxcv: wait what?

Start of turn 14
Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

It's super effective!
Latias lost 26 HP! (7% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
zxcv: why does encore not end?

Start of turn 15
zxcv called Latias back!
zxcv sent out Rotom-W!

But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 16
Rotom-W used Volt Switch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Politoed lost 39% of its health!
zxcv called Rotom-W back!
zxcv sent out Latias!

Latias is already poisoned.

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 17
Latias used Refresh!
Latias's status cleared!

It's super effective!
Latias lost 114 HP! (31% of its health)

A noobish question from someone who's been here for 4 years: Is there a place I can put "incomplete" posts like a Documents page, for things like unfinished warstories/trade threads, on Smogon?

Hey guys, what good and reliable sweepers can have almost perfect coverage in two moves? (preferably STAB too but doesn't have to be) Dragonite, Terrakion... My mind is going blank. I know there is a thread somewhere but maybe if someone can just shout out some names of Pokemon that's all I'm looking for.

@ Amarillo

Yes, thank you, that's what I was looking for. I had heard someone reference that, and I figured that's what it was, but I thought it was a profile function or something rather than a group.

@ Woodchuck

Thank you also; I had been hesitant to PM them to myself for some reason (Probably I thought the PM would mess up the format).

Hey guys, what good and reliable sweepers can have almost perfect coverage in two moves? (preferably STAB too but doesn't have to be) Dragonite, Terrakion... My mind is going blank. I know there is a thread somewhere but maybe if someone can just shout out some names of Pokemon that's all I'm looking for.
Scrafty is the biggest one probably. Other Pokés that come to mind: Infernape (not as good in hindsight), Keldeo (also not quite as good as I thought), Rhyperior, Chandelure, Mamoswine, Omastar... but some of it is a matter of opinion, and it's also important to know what other types are covered by your team

The analysis says to invest 4 hp ivs, but that would make it have 262, a number that stealth rock would exploit in a bad way, no?
262 is fine.

Each SR takes away 262/4 = 65.5 which rounds down to 65.

262-65*4 = 262 - 260 = 2 HP left after 4 switch ins.

Even HP is fine as long as it's not divisible by 4:

The HP left after 4 25% SRs will be the remainder of the HP when divided by 4.

So i've been reading up on RNG because I'm trying to get a breed a shiny vulpix, first catch a flawless ditto and then flawless vulpix etc etc.

I can get the rng working to my benefit.

The only thing I don't get is how pokemon in your party affect frames.

For example, I'm trying to catch a vulpix, so I set my RNG up and get the details I need. Now I pick one and it requires me to advance 53 frames, now I have five pokemon in my party but I have no idea how the pokemon in my party affect the frames.

Could someone please explain or supply a link the closely details this.

So i'm hoping this is the right thread,I think SQSA stands for simple questions Simple answers.

So,

How does The amount for pokemon in your party Affect frames?

Does a Simple turn from facing up to face left vice versa etc etc... count towards steps?

262 is fine.

Each SR takes away 262/4 = 65.5 which rounds down to 65.

262-65*4 = 262 - 260 = 2 HP left after 4 switch ins.

Even HP is fine as long as it's not divisible by 4:

The HP left after 4 25% SRs will be the remainder of the HP when divided by 4.
Um, so if I use a Chandelure with a 30 HP IV, how many evs should I give it? What about a 31 iv one?

Um, so if I use a Chandelure with a 30 HP IV, how many evs should I give it? What about a 31 iv one?
Since a Chandelure with a 30 HP IV starts out with 260 HP, you will be fine as long as you don't give it a number of EV's divisible by 16 (including 0) as any number other than one divisible by 16 will ensure that you do not have an HP stat divisible by four.

With 31 IV's, Chanderlure starts out with 261 HP, meaning that to ensure that your HP is not divisible by four you should avoid a using a number of HP EV's four less than a multiple of sixteen (don't use 12, 28, 44, etc.).

Since a Chandelure with a 30 HP IV starts out with 260 HP, you will be fine as long as you don't give it a number of EV's divisible by 16 (including 0) as any number other than one divisible by 16 will ensure that you do not have an HP stat divisible by four.

With 31 IV's, Chanderlure starts out with 261 HP, meaning that to ensure that your HP is not divisible by four you should avoid a using a number of HP EV's four less than a multiple of sixteen (don't use 12, 28, 44, etc.).
Ah, so if it has a 30 hp iv, I should give it the 4 hp evs, and if it has 31, it doesn't matter unless I give anymore than 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)