Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impish Intimidate Arbok with Coil, Gunk Shot, EQ and Sucker Punch. Max HP. How should I split the rest of the EV's?
Still unsure about this lol. But I'm guessing that since I'm Impish with Coil and Intimidate, Sp.D should be maxed. Maybe some attack.(Metal Bagon also said this but I'd like at least a couple of opinions)

Judging by past releases, IF there were to be a "gray" version, when would it be expected to be released? Basically how many years usually seperate the main 2 versions from the 3rd special version?

Judging by past releases, IF there were to be a "gray" version, when would it be expected to be released? Basically how many years usually seperate the main 2 versions from the 3rd special version?
Going by Japanese release dates since those are probably the best way to look at this:
Yellow was released two and a half years after Red and Blue.
Crystal was released one year after Gold and Silver.
Emerald was released two years after Ruby and Sapphire.
Platinum was released two years after Diamond and Pearl.

Thus, while there is nothing saying that this pattern will hold, if you want to look at this by examining past trends, history would say the release date would be in mid-September of 2012. However, just to be clear, any predictions like that are just guesses, and there really is no way to know exactly when to expect a next game to be released, assuming there is one.

Going by Japanese release dates since those are probably the best way to look at this:
Yellow was released two and a half years after Red and Blue.
Crystal was released one year after Gold and Silver.
Emerald was released two years after Ruby and Sapphire.
Platinum was released two years after Diamond and Pearl.

Thus, while there is nothing saying that this pattern will hold, if you want to look at this by examining past trends, history would say the release date would be in mid-September of 2012. However, just to be clear, any predictions like that are just guesses, and there really is no way to know exactly when to expect a next game to be released, assuming there is one.
The first games in Japan were Red and GREEN and Blue was released between them and Yellow(a year after RG? Not sure but I'd assume). I'd assume that Yellow was more of a special version and Blue was the main 3rd game so in that case it'd be 50/50, two one year- and two two year gaps.(please correct me if I'm wrong about the time Blue was released)

The first games in Japan were Red and GREEN and Blue was released between them and Yellow(a year after RG? Not sure but I'd assume). I'd assume that Yellow was more of a special version and Blue was the main 3rd game so in that case it'd be 50/50, two one year- and two two year gaps.(please correct me if I'm wrong about the time Blue was released)
Seven and a half months actually. Anyway, at this point a release a year after Black and White would seem highly unlikely, since that would be two months from now. Were they going to do that, we would have heard something by this point. Once again though, no one can know anything for sure.

1) What trait is better on Regirock for non-leading sets-Clear Body or Sturdy?
2) If I run a RestTalk set, should I use Curse or EQ?
3) Could Regirock work as a lead (with Sturdy)?
4) Are Choice Specs Regice and Choice Band Regirock effective, or are too gimmickish?

1) What trait is better on Regirock for non-leading sets-Clear Body or Sturdy?
2) If I run a RestTalk set, should I use Curse or EQ?
3) Could Regirock work as a lead (with Sturdy)?
4) Are Choice Specs Regice and Choice Band Regirock effective, or are too gimmickish?
1. Clear Body, so you don't get any unwanted Sp. Def or Def drops.
2. Curse will leave you with one offensive more and a vulnerability to other Steel-types. If you feel you can get rid of them with other Pokemon on your team, go with Curse.
3. Yes, Sturdy gives a turn to use Thunder Wave, etc. Unless the move is Fake Out, rendering Sturdy useless.
4. Gravity Regice + Focus Blast + Blizzard + Zap Cannon and T-Wave Rock Slide Regirock are gimmicks.

But as a whole, are RestTalking Regirock and Regice effective? Both can get near-perfect coverage with two moves only (SE+EQ and Ice Beam+TB respectively).

But as a whole, are RestTalking Regirock and Regice effective? Both can get near-perfect coverage with two moves only (SE+EQ and Ice Beam+TB respectively).
Yeah, I'd say they're pretty effective.With high base Defenses to boast, they'd last a long time against their respective sides of the Physical/Special split. Beware of Fighting-types though. The entire trio as a whole are weak to them.

Should I even use CBRegirock? and If so, SE/EQ/Ice Punch/and?
And are TW sets for Regice and Regirock effective?
I personally run a gimmick Gravity set, but that's a HGSS move tutor move, I believe.

And the set I run on Regirock:
Regirock @Normal Gem
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
Thunder Wave
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Explosion

Personally, Explosion doesn't seem all that nerfed to me with the Normal Gem.

It shouldn't seem nerfed if you are dedicating your item to that one move but that seems like a waste to me, I'd think you might as well run Hammer Arm and scratch the Normal Gem. Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and ThunderPunch are also options

my nincada evolved while i had a spare slot and i got no shedinja. why?

what is "nerfed"
Did you have a spare Poké Ball for it?

In gaming, something getting "nerfed" means that it is worse than it was in a previous game/generation. Like Explosion halved the opponent's Defense stat during damage calculation in Generation IV and before, but in Generation V, Gamefreak decided to make it so it does not modify the opponent's Defense, effectively "nerfing" it by making it deal half as much damage as it used to.

How should I EV RestTalk Regice and Regirock? I want to make them bulky, but not watse their great coverage and decent attacking stats.

Was breeding eggs from the Steel Wormadam. All were hatching as Burmy pinkies. Eggs were hatched in Pinwheel, a Bridge Gate, and in a Route Gate.

Having not bred from the Deerling-Sawsbuck line, will the 'season cloak' have an effect on any offspring?

if you are referring to deerling, no, it will not affect it. if you are referring to burmy, the cloak it evolves in is the type it will have (trash-steel)

Between Chansey and Blissey which one is better suited towards a stall team? And is a set with Heal Bell and Wish a viable one, or is it trying to do too much in one set?

Thanks in advance.

Between Chansey and Blissey which one is better suited towards a stall team? And is a set with Heal Bell and Wish a viable one, or is it trying to do too much in one set?

Thanks in advance.
Both Heal Bell and Aromatherapy are illegal with Wish, as those two moves are egg moves while Wish is its own event move.

Edit: Really? That's good to know. I'd actually suggest a set of Heal Bell/Wish/Protect/Seismic Toss or Toxic, it won't be doing too much at once in my opinion.

Both Heal Bell and Aromatherapy are illegal with Wish, as those two moves are egg moves while Wish is its own event move.
Heal Bell is actually legal with Wish as it is a 4th gen move tutor.

Edit: Thanks Virizion, I'll try out that set with Seimic Toss as I plan on having Toxic Spikes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)