Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, it comes down to the original trainer; in that case, it would still be an American-owned. So yeah, it should work out fine. =]

Question; do IVs matter against an opponent that doesn't understand EV's nor Breeding for moves?

For the first question, the Dragonite that is trained will have significantly higher stats, because it will have gained EVs as it levels up, which the wild Dragonite does not.

However, the level that Staryu evolves at does not influence what stats it gets. It will have the same number of EVs as the same staryu evolved at a different level, so the stats will be the same, unlike Dragonite.

and if i train the dragonite to lv 55 and then use ev reducing berries will there still be a significant increase? (me thinks/hopes not)

2nd answer thanks :)

and if i train the dragonite to lv 55 and then use ev reducing berries will there still be a significant increase? (me thinks/hopes not)

2nd answer thanks :)
Not necessarily. Depending on the IVs and nature, one might have higher stats in certain areas than the other, but if so, it won't necessarily be the one you trained. Both Dragonites will have an equal chance of having an advantage over the other.

Furthermore, if you have the Dragonite you caught at LV55 level up, fighting at least 170-510 Pokemon in the process (depending on the species of the Pokemon you fight), then level up the Dragonite you trained from a Dratini to the same level, they should have stats that are overall on about the same level. Again, there may be significant differences in a few stats, but they'll be similar enough overall, and on average, they have the same chance to be as good as each other.

good to know then i wont need to breed like crazy for a modest chandelier i just need to catch alot of litwick to get the right nature.

thanks for the answers everyone :)

Really, it comes down to the original trainer; in that case, it would still be an American-owned. So yeah, it should work out fine. =]
Thanks for the confirmation, SimonSays. I guess my only concern was that sending a Pokemon through the PokeTransfer process might, in a sense, neutralize its region information (or whatever you would call it). The trainer ID is still an American one, so I guess that should make it alright.

I would still love to have an answer from anyone who has looked into this in depth, although I'm not even sure whether its quantitatively provable....

Anywho, thanks!

What's a speed for Deoxys-S to reach? Its current set is (and im not willing to change the moves, as they help my team a lot).

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

I understand that the best speed stat depends on my team, so if you want to, i may post it. I'm just trying to fix it as much as possible before posting.

The same applies to my Ferrothorn:

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

What attack/defense stats should i aim for?

Thanks in advance.

haunter

Banned deucer.
On Deoxys, if you're using focus sash 252 HP EVs are pointless. Run timid and 236 Spe EVs to outspeed scarf Garchomp and eliminate it with ice beam.

As for Ferro, that really depends on your team needs. I prefer sassy and max SpD as I use it to sponge special attacks mainly but again that's really subjective.

I dont use my Deoxys as a suicide lead. I like to save it for as long as possible.

Also, Scarfchomp isnt a trouble for me, as i have Tormentran (protect to scout + nulls Fire Blast), Ferrothorn(nulls outrage) and Gengar (Nulls EQ). So, no matter what it uses, i will have a good response.

I guess im just gonna post my team and way for responses...

Does anyone know some locations in B/W that have no moving NPCs? I mean locations where you can catch Pokemon.

I dont use my Deoxys as a suicide lead. I like to save it for as long as possible.

Also, Scarfchomp isnt a trouble for me, as i have Tormentran (protect to scout + nulls Fire Blast), Ferrothorn(nulls outrage) and Gengar (Nulls EQ). So, no matter what it uses, i will have a good response.

I guess im just gonna post my team and way for responses...
Then I wouldn't use Focus Sash/wouldn't use Deoxys-S. Using Deoxys-S as a tankier lead seems silly when you could use something like regular Deoxys or Deoxys-D that's more suited for how you're intending to use it.

So I'm trying to make a team, using Jolteon, Breloom and Starmie as central, mostly because of their coolness, what other Pokemon would be best to put alongside them to help them perform best?

Are these known bugs or am I missing some mechanics?

Sometimes in battle subway Zoroark doesn't come out disguised.
Pressure occasionally does not effect Scizor.

Sorry if this has been asked^^

Edit: I should mention that I have noticed this behavior with opponents Zoroarks, and my Scizor. Also, the opponent did indeed have a pokemon left for the Zoroark to disguise itself as.

Are these known bugs or am I missing some mechanics?

Sometimes in battle subway Zoroark doesn't come out disguised.
Pressure occasionally does not effect Scizor.

Sorry if this has been asked^^

Edit: I should mention that I have noticed this behavior with opponents Zoroarks, and my Scizor. Also, the opponent did indeed have a pokemon left for the Zoroark to disguise itself as.
The AI was simply being an idiot and chose Zoroark for the last slot of their team.

If I were to breed a Female Cloud Nine Lickylicky with Sleep Talk and a compatible Male Pokemon with Sleep Talk, would the baby have Sleep Talk as well?

Also (and this is a pretty n00b question), to be able to breed an Encourage Nidoking, I would want to use something from the Nidoqueen line, correct?

If I were to breed a Female Cloud Nine Lickylicky with Sleep Talk and a compatible Male Pokemon with Sleep Talk, would the baby have Sleep Talk as well?

Also (and this is a pretty n00b question), to be able to breed an Encourage Nidoking, I would want to use something from the Nidoqueen line, correct?
only nidoran female would work.

Where can I see my battle subway streaks? I feel like I've looked everywhere in the station but I don't see it anywhere... but I know it exists looking at the battle subway thread =T

Question: If a Pokémon copies one or more stat reductions using Psych Up and is holding a White Herb, does the White Herb restore it/them?

I was in a wifi battle today and had encore end, without warning, during sleep. Does sleep auto-cancel encore?

^Encore lasts for 3 turns this gen regardless, unless you switch out. Your pokemon just happened to be asleep when it ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)