Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to breed a charmander with ancient power and dragon pulse, I can go back to HG if necessary.
Breed it in Gen IV with ancient power then evolve it into Charzard and teach it the TM of Dragon Pulse. If it's male then you should be able to move it up to Gen V and breed as many as you want.

Ah yes, i see now. Thanks, i was sure that i'd seeen the movesets out there in the wild but didnt know how to access it that easily:)

I had a Winter Sawsbuck with the ability Chlorophyll. Then, when the month and pokemon's appearance changed to spring, it's ability changed to the other natural one, Sap Sipper. How can I get it back to Chlorophyll and why did this happen?

I had a Winter Sawsbuck with the ability Chlorophyll. Then, when the month and pokemon's appearance changed to spring, it's ability changed to the other natural one, Sap Sipper. How can I get it back to Chlorophyll and why did this happen?
Cool, I didn't know that it did that. I guess you can turn your DS clock back to Winter, but.. eh.

EV training

I was recently EV training my Volcarona. According to the IV calculator, with a Timid nature and a 31 in speed IVs, it should be the fastest Volcarona possible. I pumped 252 speed EVs into her, saved, then did a test Rare Candy. She only yielded +4 in speed. In former games, I'd have seen at least +30 on a level 70 Pokemon. Does White spread it out more than prior games?

I was recently EV training my Volcarona. According to the IV calculator, with a Timid nature and a 31 in speed IVs, it should be the fastest Volcarona possible. I pumped 252 speed EVs into her, saved, then did a test Rare Candy. She only yielded +4 in speed. In former games, I'd have seen at least +30 on a level 70 Pokemon. Does White spread it out more than prior games?
In B/W, EV's are added automatically after the battle.

I tried to transfer some of my Pokemon from my Pearl (English version) to my Black (French version). This was using my classic brick DS and my friend's DS Lite. The two games located each other and made an initial connection before it fell through and failed.

I have been able to trade between my French Black with English and Japanese versions of BW, but is there a language barrier preventing it from connecting to English versions of past Pokemon games?

This has been a curiosity since i ever started pokemon competitive battling...

POLL:
-Does everyone here REALLY care about perfect IV pokemon and do all that long iv breeding for one pokemon.
-Does everyone here copy smogon sets or create their own ones based on them ????
-DO all smogon sets consider pokemon havin perfect IV.

AND from my last houndoom question...
NO ONE answered whether it would be considered as a bad egg or not in battle revolution.

LAST: I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE MY THREADS!!!!!!

That's really not a poll. And if it was, it wouldn't belong here.

Many people here play on simulators primarily. On simulators, Pokemon can be automatically set to have perfect IVs, so it's a moot point. The analyses are written with this in mind, and always assume ideal IVs. Those aren't necessarily 31 IVs in each stat; just the best possible IVs with that Pokemon attempting to fulfill the goals of that set. Which for the most part means some IVs are assumed to be 30 rather than 31 for the purposes of Hidden Power, and that's acknowledged in the analysis.

As for the actual sets, the official analyses are supposed to keep up-to-date with the best current sets, whether through specifically listing the sets or mentioning alternative options separately. However, sets tend to not get put on the analysis page until people are actually using them to demonstrate their effectiveness, so people have to use unofficial sets for them to become official. The sets tend to be a good starting place, but any good player knows when to deviate from them.

To start a new thread, click on the "New Thread" button. On the thread index, it's right above the Announcements.

- I do care a lot about perfect IV pokemon...took me forever to catch + breed for perfect iv + shiny chomp...(not goign to care about shiny because of that now though...takes too freaking long)
- I, for the most part, use smogon's sets. I do use gimmicky sets and such but not as often as I use smogon's recommended sets.
- yarp, smogon's sets assume your mons have maximized ivs (not always perfect IV).
- and I don't know what you're talking about (houndoom q?) sorry meng

POLL:
-Does everyone here REALLY care about perfect IV pokemon and do all that long iv breeding for one pokemon.
-Does everyone here copy smogon sets or create their own ones based on them ????

NO ONE answered whether it would be considered as a bad egg or not in battle revolution.

Yes, sometimes, and some sets call for specific Hidden Powers or 0 Spe IV for TR abusers/Gyro Ball users.

And I DID answer your question almost right after you asked it. Read carefully.

Edit: THORHAMMER. Why did you tell him how to make threads? Anyone wanna place bets that there's gonna be some spam soon?

POLL:
Oh, it's maybe a day or two of work for like, months of winning, y'know. I mean, why not?

Also, speed IV is particularly important since it's a win or loss; a 31 IV means you always outspeed a 30 IV variation of the same pokemon, which normally means you always win that matchup.

And who's going to pass up a chance to always win?

If you did, people could just look your pokemon up on smogon to find out what you're using, and you'd be super predictable.

And BTW, it's smogon that "copies" popular sets from players, not the other way around. The smogon sets are basically a compilation of the most successful sets that players have invented.

Yup.

Can't find it...

I think there's a new thread button somewhere near the bottom of the page, but really, thread creation is supposed to be for discussion intensive topics(such as whether abilities should be banned, etc.), so using it for less intensive purposes will get you into trouble.

Edit: FFFFFFFF, massively ninja'd

galladepower:

It's a stretch to say that everyone in this community is interested in Pokémon with perfect IVs and breeding them. This community generally focuses on using simulators for Pokémon battling. Users of such simulators usually, but not always, use Pokémon with perfect IVs.

In generation 4, modifying the nature of a Pokemon, and possibly also its IVs, can result in a Bad Egg in Pokemon Battle Revolution. The nature, in particular, depends on the personality ID in generation 4 games. I am unaware, however, of any site or guide that explains exactly what is checked.

To create a new thread, click New Thread on the forum's page. However, in this forum, your thread should encourage discussion rather than ask a question. A thread is normally appropriate if the question is open-ended, has no single right answer and can have many people disagreeing on the "correct" answer.

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon here; I have some perfect IV dittos from an earlier gen, but I don't really get super-anal about having perfect IV pokemon. I think it's a little ridiculous that such a thing should even be considered when you're not playing on simulators. Having 31 in a few, particularly important stats though? Yeah, always beneficial.

For example, I'm breeding a Ferroseed right now. I hope to get 31 HP/Def/SpDef, and really hope to get a higher Atk and maybe a lower Spd.

My question is, guys, is it worth it for Ferrothorn to run Payback? Gyroball is a given, but for it's other attack, should it have Power Whip or Payback? I could use the coverage of Payback much more, but somewhere I feel like a neutral STAB Powerwhip might be close enough in power to a SE Payback that it would just be a poor choice. For the record, it has Stealth Rock and Leech Seed as its other attacks.

A neutral STAB Power Whip is indeed almost as powerful as a super effective properly used Payback, and a STAB full-power Gyro Ball is more powerful. Indeed, you should be fine with Ferrothorn's two STABs, or even just one of them. Thunder Wave and Protect are highly useful.

Jawsome. I kinda think Thunderwave might be useful, but I feel like Gyroball's PP is too low to run as it's only attack.

But, I have another question, that I'll admit I didn't look into, just because of the sheer awe and wonder I face while approaching this: I noticed that Thunderbro has a gender. I can only assume this means tornadobro and landobro are also probably males; does this mean they have the power to procreate? Are they simply pseudo-legendaries like Snorlax?

Jawsome. I kinda think Thunderwave might be useful, but I feel like Gyroball's PP is too low to run as it's only attack.

But, I have another question, that I'll admit I didn't look into, just because of the sheer awe and wonder I face while approaching this: I noticed that Thunderbro has a gender. I can only assume this means tornadobro and landobro are also probably males; does this mean they have the power to procreate? Are they simply pseudo-legendaries like Snorlax?
They cannot breed, they're exactly like Cresselia or Heatran breeding-wise.

Three questions.

1. How much, percentage-wise, does Hone Claws increase accuracy after one use? How does it interact with a Hustle pokemon? How accurate would, say, an originally 100% accurate move be after one use of Hone Claws on a Hustle pokemon? An originally 80% accurate move? If someone has the equation, that would be great as well.
  2. I have Pokemon Black and White registered on PGL. If I were to reset and restart White, how would that interact with my Dream World account for White?
  3. What would be a good sixth member for my stall team consisting of Ferrothorn, Gastrodon, Gliscor, Drapion, and Spiritomb? I was thinking Wish-passing would help, or possibly a status-healer.
Thank you in advance.

Three questions.

1. How much, percentage-wise, does Hone Claws increase accuracy after one use? How does it interact with a Hustle pokemon? How accurate would, say, an originally 100% accurate move be after one use of Hone Claws on a Hustle pokemon? An originally 80% accurate move? If someone has the equation, that would be great as well.
  2. I have Pokemon Black and White registered on PGL. If I were to reset and restart White, how would that interact with my Dream World account for White?
  3. What would be a good sixth member for my stall team consisting of Ferrothorn, Gastrodon, Gliscor, Drapion, and Spiritomb? I was thinking Wish-passing would help, or possibly a status-healer.
Thank you in advance.
Hustle multiplies accuracy of a move by 0.8. Each use of Claw Sharpen increases accuracy by 33% of the original.

So a 100% accuracy move on a Durant with Hustle and one Claw Sharpen would have (100 x 0.8 x 1.33 = 106.7) 100% accuracy. An 80% accuracy move on a Durant with Hustle and one Claw Sharpen would have (80 x 0.8 x 1.33 = 85.3) 85% accuracy, and with a second Claw Sharpen, that move would have (80 x 0.8 x 1.66 = 106.7) 100% accuracy.

I don't have answers for your other questions.

Three questions.

What would be a good sixth member for my stall team consisting of Ferrothorn, Gastrodon, Gliscor, Drapion, and Spiritomb? I was thinking Wish-passing would help, or possibly a status-healer.
Thank you in advance.
Err, Vaporeon? Give it Acid Armor in addition to Wish, and you have yourself a pretty aggrivating wall. I know it's a little bit of an overlap with Gastrodon, who already contends with Gliscor as a ground-type, but vaporeon is an amazing stall-wall, with a great Sp.Atk to boot.
Another option could be dual-screens wish Togekiss. I don't really know too much about what your team is trying to do, but I hope these helped.

Hustle multiplies accuracy of a move by 0.8. Each use of Claw Sharpen increases accuracy by 33% of the original.

So a 100% accuracy move on a Durant with Hustle and one Claw Sharpen would have (100 x 0.8 x 1.33 = 106.7) 100% accuracy. An 80% accuracy move on a Durant with Hustle and one Claw Sharpen would have (80 x 0.8 x 1.33 = 85.3) 85% accuracy, and with a second Claw Sharpen, that move would have (80 x 0.8 x 1.66 = 106.7) 100% accuracy.

I don't have answers for your other questions.

I thought so. Thank you.

Err, Vaporeon? Give it Acid Armor in addition to Wish, and you have yourself a pretty aggrivating wall. I know it's a little bit of an overlap with Gastrodon, who already contends with Gliscor as a ground-type, but vaporeon is an amazing stall-wall, with a great Sp.Atk to boot.
Another option could be dual-screens wish Togekiss. I don't really know too much about what your team is trying to do, but I hope these helped.
I was actually considering Vaporeon today, since an Ice resist would be appreciated by some of my team members. The team's purpose is to essentially weaken the opponent's team through entry hazards, status (mostly, if not entirely Toxic) and idle attacks when they have to switch to something else to break through one of my many walls.

I can post the movesets I have been considering if you like. I thought it would be better to get a few suggestions here before taking it to the RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)