Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in that case, and thank you Toast Tyrant for answering so quickly. Now to my original question.
Would a choice band Aeorodactyl be viable in Gen V OU? I talked it over with my friend and he said anything Aeorodactyl outspeeds Terakion can pretty much outspeed it as well because of the large gap in speeds. I have my reservations however and I think Aeorodactyl's insane 394 speed I think are worth the loss in power when compared to Terrakion. So with that in mind is this viable
4 Hp 252 Atk 252 Spd @ Choice Band
Stone Edge Crunch Return Fire Fang?
Aerodactyl is better used as a suicide lead, but if you want to run a physical set, then use Earthquake over Return.

Well in that case, and thank you Toast Tyrant for answering so quickly. Now to my original question.
Would a choice band Aeorodactyl be viable in Gen V OU? I talked it over with my friend and he said anything Aeorodactyl outspeeds Terakion can pretty much outspeed it as well because of the large gap in speeds. I have my reservations however and I think Aeorodactyl's insane 394 speed I think are worth the loss in power when compared to Terrakion. So with that in mind is this viable
Stone Edge and Crunch are decent I suppose. You should definetly run a combination (any two I suppose) of Earthquake / Iron Head / Aerial Ace / Dragon Claw.

Maybe

Stone Edge / Rock Slide
Earthquake
Crunch / Dragon Claw
Fire Fang / Aerial Ace

The first slot depends on your wants for accuracy and power. Regardless, rather basic. Earthquake is crucial for hitting Tyranitar, Heatran, Terrakion, etc, for maximum damage. The third slot is the either hitting Dragonds or Ghosts and Rankurusu. Either way, you still have good coverage on Latios and Latias.The last slot should probably be Fire Fang to rid the field of Scizor and Forretress, while Aerial Ace can take care of Breloom, Roobushin, etc.

I think you need ice fang instead of crunch. to deal with gliscor, and dragons and such.
so... Stone edge, ice fang, earthquake, and fire fang

What is the viability of a Modest Hydreigon with Earth Power? I've seen tons of sets around and everyone has Dark Pulse, and I've been wondering why not "Earth Power, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse and Surf"… Also why Modest and not Timid?

Is it worth running HP Fire on my Battle Subway Gengar? I just checked IVs, and apparently it has HP Fire of 62 power. If I was going to run it over anything, it would have to be Focus Blast, but really, is the 30% miss rate worth effectively halving power but adding a few more SE's? For notes, my team is:

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid - 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
Destiny Bond/Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast

Garchomp@Brightpowder
Jolly - 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Swords Dance/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Outrage

Scizor@Choice Band
Naughty - 4HP/252Atk/252Spe (I've been meaning to rebreed on HG, bad nature + regretting speed EVs)
U-Turn/Bullet Punch/Bug Bite/Superpower

Thanks in advance!

Couldn't find this anywhere on the site; is WiFi Clause turned on for 5th Gen Standard OU battles?
Yes, it is.

What is the viability of a Modest Hydreigon with Earth Power? I've seen tons of sets around and everyone has Dark Pulse, and I've been wondering why not "Earth Power, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse and Surf"… Also why Modest and not Timid?
Modest is used because it has base 98 speed and all base 100s run timid/jolly. I think the move choice depends on your team and what you want it to hit. However Dark Pulse not only gets STAB, but also lets you hit psychic types and ghost types harder. The only thing Earthpower hits that flame thrower doesnt is heatran, who runs baloon half the time. You also dont want to be set up bait for Balloon terkonion or excadrill, or even voltos. that is, if its choiced.

Can anyone help me by trading over my scizor and teaching it super power from the platinum move tutor?

I love how i restarted half my games of pokemon, before learning about smogon.... love my old self.

Yes, it is.

Modest is used because it has base 98 speed and all base 100s run timid/jolly. I think the move choice depends on your team and what you want it to hit. However Dark Pulse not only gets STAB, but also lets you hit psychic types and ghost types harder. The only thing Earthpower hits that flame thrower doesnt is heatran, who runs baloon half the time. You also dont want to be set up bait for Balloon terkonion or excadrill, or even voltos. that is, if its choiced.
But you can hit Balloon Dory/Tera, Heatran, and Thundurus (neutral, though) with Surf, so Earth Power doesn't do much for Hydreigon. Most Electrics aren't bulky enough to warrant hitting them for extra power (And the only bulky one I know of is Zapdos, who is immune of course), and you hit Steels with Flamethrower, Rocks with Surf, and Steel/Rocks with Surf already anyways, so there's really no use in Earth Power.

If an opponent has a Drizzle team and you so happen to have a Swift Swim holder on your team (such as Kingdra) but no Drizzler of your own, can you still use said Swift Swimmer or do you need to forfeit?

Which takes priority if I hit a pokemon with an occa berry with incinerate: the berry reducing the damage or incinerate getting rid of the berry?

Which takes priority if I hit a pokemon with an occa berry with incinerate: the berry reducing the damage or incinerate getting rid of the berry?
Occa Berry would activate, because Incinerate's effect activates after it deals damage; while resist-berries activate before damage is dealt.

Is there a way to re-battle trainers in-game?
No, unfortunately. There's not much of a reason to do so anyways, though.

Audinos provide more EXP, and you get a ton of money (like 300,000 yen) from selling a single Relic item after the main story. You can also sell other Relic items for less amounts.

That Altaria is crippled by any Ice-type attackers unless you phaze them on the switch. With only Dragon type attack Steels can wall it somewhat if they carry a Special Attack. Heatran.

EDIT: Oops, was reading Page 331. -_-* Also I forgot MY question. -_-*

Tangrowth@Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

Is this a good set? Or should I change Leech Seed into Earthquake so that I can hit Steel types?

haunter

Banned deucer.
That really depends on how the rest of your team can handle steel types. Also use regenerator, there's no point in using clorophill with a relaxed nature.

That really depends on how the rest of your team can handle steel types. Also use regenerator, there's no point in using clorophill with a relaxed nature.
Wow, Haunter. Sup man, it's been a long time. :) How you doin?

Yep. I'm sorry, Chlorophyll + Relaxed = lol.. So Impish then. And I'll see what I can do with steel types. Thanks. :)

If I put an exp share on a Pikachu and fought a Lilipup with a Raichu, would both Pikachu and Raichu get 0.5 atk EV or would they each end up with 1 attack IV? Thanks.

Does 2 specs latios draco meteors do more damage in a row than 2 dragon pulses?
And how much does a +2 return from a jolly 252 excadrill do to a physically defensive gliscor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)