Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current event in the US is one that gives u an egg with one of 3 potential pokemon in it. I was curious as to if it is a one time thing or if u can keep doing the event until u get what u want in terms of a specific pokemon. I saw a video on YouTube of someone doing the event and it seemed like he could keep going over and over but I'm not sure. anyone know?

ztang:

Most likely, the player will receive one of three different Wonder Cards. Each Wonder Card contains a different Pokemon Egg. It's not likely to be a single Wonder Card where the Pokemon species that hatches from the egg is randomly determined.

1. if you defeat the opponent's last Pokemon with a recoil move, and the recoil makes your own last Pokemon faint... which player would the game count as winning?

2. What happens if Trick Room and Tailwind are both in effect? I'm confused because Tailwind doesn't count as a stat boost.
The other people are wrong. I've had this happen many times - whichever person's Pokémon faints last wins. This is what happened to me recently:

Foe's Entei (30% HP) vs. my Rotom-C (80% HP)

The foe's Entei used Flare Blitz!
It's super effective!
Rotom-C lost 80% of its health!
Rotom-C fainted!
The foe's Entei is hurt by recoil!
The foe's Entei is hurt by Life Orb!
The foe's Entei fainted!

And they won. Those were both our last Pokés; so normally, if you use Explosion/Selfdestruct, the game would say that you lost (The Pokémon faints before those moves deal damage), but by Smogon rules it'd be a draw (If you both lost your last Pokémon).

You can i think with breloom only but then drain punch will have to be bred with breloom. God, i have both moves yet i can't get a conkeldurr with both on them!

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking it, but is there a thread stickied that is a guide to RNGing in 5th Generation? I can't seem to find it unless it's right in front of my face.

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking it, but is there a thread stickied that is a guide to RNGing in 5th Generation? I can't seem to find it unless it's right in front of my face.
It's in the Wi-Fi forum.

Ninja'd..

Anyways, I have a question - What is a good counter to Whimsicott's Beat Up on their own Terrakion? Other than Scarfed Pokés and Fake Out.

What is a good counter to Whimsicott's Beat Up on their own Terrakion? Other than Scarfed Pokés and Fake Out.
I made a tailwind team based around it and I constantly get the shit beaten out of me. I'd say faster pokemon, pokemon that resist rock, Fake Out users, priority users of any time, focusing fire on Whimsicott when it's setting up Tailwind (if it's a tailwind team, as I use and have often seen), and if it's not a setup team, doing your own setup while Whimsicott is using Beat Up... I seldom beat anyone with higher than 20 wins when I use those two, and I don't think it's inexperience. Almost all JP players know the strategy and just Protect + Thunder Wave or do some variety of the above mentioned things. Maybe it can be used effectively, but not by someone who doesn't know the VGC well (Or maybe it only does well in the VGC environment, because I lost more than usual on Free Mode with it).

I made a tailwind team based around it and I constantly get the shit beaten out of me. I'd say faster pokemon, pokemon that resist rock, Fake Out users, priority users of any time, focusing fire on Whimsicott when it's setting up Tailwind (if it's a tailwind team, as I use and have often seen), and if it's not a setup team, doing your own setup while Whimsicott is using Beat Up... I seldom beat anyone with higher than 20 wins when I use those two, and I don't think it's inexperience. Almost all JP players know the strategy and just Protect + Thunder Wave or do some variety of the above mentioned things. Maybe it can be used effectively, but not by someone who doesn't know the VGC well (Or maybe it only does well in the VGC environment, because I lost more than usual on Free Mode with it).
Well, I use it and 90% of the time, the other person D/C's since I OHKO half of their Pokémon (In Triples; I use Hitmontop alongside Whim and Terra). I just need to know what to look out for.

Also, do you have Terra use Protect as Whimsicott Tailwinds? my Whim has Tailwind as well, but neither Terra nor Hitmontop have Protect (they were both made for Singles, I'm forgetting Terra's Quick Attack and Hitmontop's Counter for Protect though).

Yeah, Terrakion protects as Whimsicott tailwinds. If it's an obviously unprepared team, I don't tailwind since they'll both outspeed all the enemies anyway. If I have to Tailwind because I'm going against an opponent with well-EV'd pokemon, they'll probably just KO whimsicott that turn and I won't have Beat Up support next turn.

I exaggerated a little about the badness of my performance with that combo, but it was disappointing since I thought it would absolutely dominate.

Another problem with the strategy is the opportunity cost. Whimsicott with Beat Up cannot, as far as I have ever seen, have Encore as well, which is very valuable in doubles because of the ubiquity of Protect and Fake Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)