Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is tyranitar still OU?

I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT HE SHOULD BE UBER, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S HOLDING HIM IN OU.

It's a real question that's been on my mind. I mean look at that guy; Incredible movepool, very well distributed stats, base stat total 600, and the reason he's so overused, sandstream. Sure, it has a 4x Fighting weakness, however it can still take a fighting hit from a very strong opponent such as Infernape with over 1/2 of its HP remaining. Then, it can sweep most of them away.
In what world can a T-Tar live an Infernape hit outside of Mach Punch?

It's OU mostly because it's incredible (that's why it's been a huge part of every generation's metagame), but is not unbeatable and a lot of Pokemon can take it on and beat it.

In what world can a T-Tar live an Infernape hit outside of Mach Punch?
Actually, I calculated the damage from an infernape packing Brick Break. While my earlier calculations were wrong, a physically defensive T-tar could take the hit with about 1-4 to 1-8 of its HP left. Then, T-Tar could sweep the hell outta that Infernape.

This calculation is assuming that the Infernape isn't packing a Choice Band. However, Choice Scarf T-Tar is so common that even if Infernape was holding a choice band, and had a good deal of speed-EVs, it could easily outspeed Infernape.

Who uses BB on nape over Close Combat? (It's a simple question, it belongs here :)
Someone who is stoopid.

This was just hypothetical calcuations, and the damage dealt within the calculations answered the other person's question; BB isn't Mach Punch, and a T-Tar could survive it.

Actually, I calculated the damage from an infernape packing Brick Break. While my earlier calculations were wrong, a physically defensive T-tar could take the hit with about 1-4 to 1-8 of its HP left. Then, T-Tar could sweep the hell outta that Infernape.

This calculation is assuming that the Infernape isn't packing a Choice Band. However, Choice Scarf T-Tar is so common that even if Infernape was holding a choice band, and had a good deal of speed-EVs, it could easily outspeed Infernape.
Yeah, but T-Tar fails to KO Infernape with Dig (assuming the Ttar is Jolly, which it needs to be to outrun Ape).

Infernape never runs brick break. The only reason I said Mach Punch is because that move is commonly carried by Banded Infernape. Tyranitar dies to every fighting move that Infernape typically carries with the exception of Mach Punch (which it has no need to use on T-Tar).

Yeah, but T-Tar fails to KO Infernape with Dig (assuming the Ttar is Jolly, which it needs to be to outrun Ape).
Actually, a Tyranitar running dig, assuming that it's a Jolly Choice Band T-Tar couldn't KO with EQuake either, assuming that the Infernape has neutral defensive nature and 252 DEF, and HP EVs. If it were many other a variant, both could KO.

So, in a hypothetical calculation, you've been trolled.

where are the nomination threads for suspect testing? Or are they not available to non-badge members?
It's stickied at the top of the Dragonspiral forum. I believe you need to fit the 15 +/- 15 criteria to nominate.

Recently, I was breeding Deino eggs. I saved before taking the egg, hatched the egg, and found it was the nature I wanted. Unfortunately, when I soft reset for IVs, the egg was a different nature and gender - a different Pokémon! I was quite disappointed. Is this a regular occurrence in B/W, different from all the past generations? Did I do something wrong?
Unlike in Gen 4, egg gender/nature are no longer set when the egg is generated, they are now set at the same time as the IV's - when you take it.

I'm looking for good special attackers in tiers that fall below OU (I mainly play on the PO server (sry) so if you're familiar w/ their tiers and can nominate some good UU and LU Spec. attackers I appreciate it. Thanks (I have PLENTY of physical ones)
Kyurem, Azelf, Alakazam, Jolteon, Galvantula, Celebi, Victini and Mismagius all work in Smogon's UU. I don't know if they're all UU on PO, but I believe Latias is there, so that could work too.

What is that "variation" thing on PO where it says "variation +21 -11" or whatever?
It means, in that case, that if you win, you will gain 21 rating points, and if you lose, you will lose 11. Right click on your name and click View Rating to see how many you have.

Alright, goofy in-game question: Is there anything majorly important one would need to gather before they reset their save file?

I've defeated the E4 once.
I've captured Tornadus.
I've traded over Black's Thundurus and captured Landorus.
I've captured Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.
I'm on my way to catch Kyurem.
I have the Larvesta Egg.
I'll catch the Volcarona after I catch a Zen Mode Darmanitan.
I'm going to go get my Victini once everything is said and done.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things.
> Is there anything special after defeating the E4 a second time?
> Are there any special items I should care about?
> Your Wonder Cards reset when you delete the save file, yes?

I posted this in the in-game discussion, but now I feel it might be best served in this thread.

So are you gonna trade all the good stuff out to another game before you restart, or are you only restarting to go through the game again?

You get to fight Alder if you battle the E4 again.

So are you gonna trade all the good stuff out to another game before you restart, or are you only restarting to go through the game again?

You get to fight Alder if you battle the E4 again.
I'm going to trade everything over to my White Version, which is my current primary version of the Generation. I suppose battling Alder will be more important on my White Version then.

Thanks Cecil, that's exactly the kind of thing I was wondering about. I'll make sure to nab those Leftovers.

Hey can anybody help me out with rng I have a couple hurdles which is holding me back from doing it(not sure if I can) so if anyone could help or do it for me in exchange for eving stuff for you getting you egg move stuff, dw stuff, or w/e(I still have a good amount of stuff) I'd appreciate it.

I was wondering how RNG'ing for DW pokemon worked!

Mostly...

What sort of frame advancement do you experience for entering the entralink? Do DW pokemon RNG under interact/method 1 assumptions? Do steps in the DW advance the IV frame (I'm assuming they do)?

And any other info, or just a link to the right thread, would be awesome! Thanks!

was just after a little bit of advice. i'm currently playing in the subway (super doubles) and i'm using a life orbed azelf with thunderbolt and grass knot. i was wondering if anyone could give me a list of water type pokemon so i no which move will do more damage (obviously i no grass vs water/ground so no need on them ones lol)

similar question one my back up pokes is thundurus with a expert belt with again tbolt and grass knot so can you also tell me which move would be a better choice against certain water types etc. mite be the same answer as azelf but i no stab involved this time lol.

Here you go, ashez.

Pokemon/Azelf/Thundurus
Blastoise /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Poliwrath /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Tentacruel/ Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Slowbro /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Dewgong/ Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Starmie /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Gyrados /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Lapras /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Vaporeon /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Feraligatr /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Lanturn /Grass Knot /Grass Knot *
Politoed /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Slowking / Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Kingdra /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Suicune /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Ludicolo /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Wailord /Grass Knot / Thunderbolt
Milotic /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Walrein / Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Empoleon /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Floatzel /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Oshawott /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Dewott /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Samurott /Thunderbolt / Thunderbolt
Panpour /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Simipour /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Tympole /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Basculin /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Tirtouga /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Carracosta /Grass Knot /Grass Knot **
Ducklett /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Swanna /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Frillish /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Jellicent /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Alomomola /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt ***

*=Thunderbolt would normally do the most damage, but it might have Volt Absorb and heal itself instead

**= Grass Knot does the most damage, but it might have Rindo berry. If it does, Thunderbolt would do more damage.

***=Thunderbolt does the most damage, but it may have a Cell Battery, boosting it's attack(The damage won't be negated, though).

I hope that this helps! If you want me to organize it better or something just let me know! :)

Also, BboyEtoyzFSF, the list of OU/UU Pokemon is here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446900

The top 53 are OU, the rest are UU.

Why won't my pkrs spread?

I poketransfered a houndoom that still has th pink poxed PKRS in the status icon, I Koed a sandile with it, and wouldn't spread to my terrakion 2nd in my party!

What the Frog?

I want to try out the random matchup battle thing in Black and White, and was wondering something. What does it check for when checking for illegal Pokemon? I usually Pokesav my pokemon and just didn't want it to deem any of my pokemon hacked.

I'm not looking to bypass in any illegal movesets or anything, I just don't want waste any more time than I need to making pokemon.

Here you go, ashez.

Pokemon/Azelf/Thundurus
Blastoise /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Poliwrath /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Tentacruel/ Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Slowbro /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Dewgong/ Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Starmie /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Gyrados /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Lapras /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Vaporeon /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Feraligatr /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Lanturn /Grass Knot /Grass Knot *
Politoed /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Slowking / Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Kingdra /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Suicune /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Ludicolo /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Wailord /Grass Knot / Thunderbolt
Milotic /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Walrein / Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Empoleon /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Floatzel /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Oshawott /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Dewott /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Samurott /Thunderbolt / Thunderbolt
Panpour /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Simipour /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Tympole /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Basculin /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Tirtouga /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Carracosta /Grass Knot /Grass Knot **
Ducklett /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Swanna /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Frillish /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt
Jellicent /Grass Knot /Thunderbolt
Alomomola /Thunderbolt /Thunderbolt ***

*=Thunderbolt would normally do the most damage, but it might have Volt Absorb and heal itself instead

**= Grass Knot does the most damage, but it might have Rindo berry. If it does, Thunderbolt would do more damage.

***=Thunderbolt does the most damage, but it may have a Cell Battery, boosting it's attack(The damage won't be negated, though).

QUOTE]

thanks muchly just what i wanted :)

What are some good rapid spinners on a team of Volcarona/Rotom-W/Lucario/Dragonite/Gliscor/Thundurus? I would like Rotom-W to stay, anyone else can be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)