Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some good ways to beat Latios without having to revenge kill it? My damage calculations show that even some weird specially defensive Metagross could lose more than half its health to Draco Meteor?

I don't use a Sand team, so that could be part of the problem, though when even many Steel types take more than half damage from Timid Specs Draco Meteor, you know something is wrong.

You can get a female, yes, but Sleep Talk isn't a TM or an egg move for Poliwag in this gen. So you can't breed for it. However, it is available as a move from the DW, so you can get a Poliwag with Drizzle and Sleep Talk directly from the DW (can't breed it though!).

Erm, so yes, you're right in that it is legal, but not because you can breed for Sleep Talk.

If you're talking about
tags, like this (quote this post to see the markup stuff):
content

If not, then I'm not sure what you're talking about...

DFrog: Instead of double posting, you should usually just add to your first post with an edit.

adman2: Shedinja counters Latios. Otherwise it's very hard to counter because of its huge offensive capabilities, and if you do switch a Metagross in to take a Draco Meteor, it will switch out before you can attack to prevent itself from being revenge killed.

What are some good ways to beat Latios without having to revenge kill it? My damage calculations show that even some weird specially defensive Metagross could lose more than half its health to Draco Meteor?

I don't use a Sand team, so that could be part of the problem, though when even many Steel types take more than half damage from Timid Specs Draco Meteor, you know something is wrong.
SpD Metagross, SpD Jirachi, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn are all good options.

adman2: Shedinja counters Latios. Otherwise it's very hard to counter because of its huge offensive capabilities, and if you do switch a Metagross in to take a Draco Meteor, it will switch out before you can attack to prevent itself from being revenge killed.
I'm quite sure Metagross learns Pursuit, but nobody uses Pursuit Meta anyway.

@bumpsy: Battle Frontier, iirc.

Take a level 1, start a battle with cynthia. Defeat all of her team except Garchomp and whittle it down so your level 1 can kill it with priority, previous status, ect. Your pokemon will grow an enormous amount of levels.

audino in giant chasm. if you can get a friend to entralink you you can get a double experience for an hour boost and it gets seriously easy to level up your pokes.

I need help RNGing for Shinies in D/P. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I downloaded RNG Reporter 8.31 off of Smogn, and I followed a guide from Smogon. Should I be doing something differently? First, I save the game in an area where I can catch pokemon level 50 or higher, with 5 pokemon in my party and set my Poketech to app #5. Then, I reset the game and take note of the time where I pressed continue game (my computer clock is synchronized with my DS clock to make things easier). Then I catch a pokemon level 50+. I press the button seed finder, and then press “seed finder by stats” (the second tab). I enter the date I pressed continue game on my DS, and my newly caught pokemon’s stats, characteristic and nature. I press okay, and then generate. Then, I set the method to “DPPT Egg PID (Normal).” I entered my ID and SID (got from an AR). Then I check the box “Shiny Only,” and press generate. It comes up with a list of potential eggs. I right click on the one with the least frames (these ones always seems to require the least taps) and press calculate Poketech taps. I move my poketech one app over and double tap an empty space on the screen, and my pokemon jump. I do this as many times as the Reporter tells me to. Then, I move really fast to the Coin Flip app. I do this as many times as the Reporter tells me to. Then I fly to daycare, and give the Day Care Lady two compatible parents. I bike up and down until I notice the Day Care Man is facing the road. I take and egg from him and move a Pokemon with Magma Armor/Flame Body to the first place in my party. I bike up and down until the egg hatches, but the egg never hatches shiny. What did I do wrong? If also tried flying to Solaceon Town and doing my App Taps there, but the result is the same-Disappointing.

Recently, I was breeding Deino eggs. I saved before taking the egg, hatched the egg, and found it was the nature I wanted. Unfortunately, when I soft reset for IVs, the egg was a different nature and gender - a different Pokémon! I was quite disappointed. Is this a regular occurrence in B/W, different from all the past generations? Did I do something wrong?

Recently, I was breeding Deino eggs. I saved before taking the egg, hatched the egg, and found it was the nature I wanted. Unfortunately, when I soft reset for IVs, the egg was a different nature and gender - a different Pokémon! I was quite disappointed. Is this a regular occurrence in B/W, different from all the past generations? Did I do something wrong?
That is what makes the nature/IVs random. They are set when you recieve the Egg, as when they are with the Day-Care Man, they are still being generated. You're better off just taking eggs and hatching them all at once.

How exactly do Dream Points work? I imagine you accumulate more when doing activities in the Dream World, but what affects how many points you get per Dream World visit and what would one have to do to maximize the amount of Dream Points received?

I ask this because I've been frequenting the Dream World fairly often - not always, but often - and doing most of the mini-games, planting berries, and sometimes visiting other people's Dream Houses if I could find a Japanese account. Yesterday I just found for the first time what displays the amount of Dream Points I had...and it was only 1,100 which was a far shot from where I thought I would be and a far shot from the 10,000 points I need to unlock Dream World Vulpix.

well you get 10~30 for the games, 10 for picking berries, and 10 for each berry plant you water that isn't your own(visiting other peoples), and 50 for picking a pokemon to take with you. a good way to maximise it is to plant all 1 day berries(oran, pecha, chesto, etc) so that you can get as many points from them as possible. then you want to visit as many other people as possible to water 20 plants(all your able to do). after that play the games. the better you do the more points you get. you should be able to get around 500 a day easy. remember you can go through the isle of dreams about 5 times(sometimes 4 or 6 depends).

I'm looking for good special attackers in tiers that fall below OU (I mainly play on the PO server (sry) so if you're familiar w/ their tiers and can nominate some good UU and LU Spec. attackers I appreciate it. Thanks (I have PLENTY of physical ones)

I am looking for a guts male heracross with a jolly nature at level 1. I don't really care about what IV's or EV's it has but it must be a shiny. Can anyone send this to me?

Also i'm looking for someone to send some items like flame orb and toxic orb as well as the choice items. It's fine if you can't send the items but i need the heracross first please.

My FC: 0604 6896 1678

Why is Tyranitar still OU?

Why is tyranitar still OU?

I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT HE SHOULD BE UBER, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S HOLDING HIM IN OU.

It's a real question that's been on my mind. I mean look at that guy; Incredible movepool, very well distributed stats, base stat total 600, and the reason he's so overused, sandstream. Sure, it has a 4x Fighting weakness, however it can still take a fighting hit from a very strong opponent such as Infernape with over 1/2 of its HP remaining. Then, it can sweep most of them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)