Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the last page, I wanted to ask this:

Even if DW Ditto is released, I'll still need a DW Female Eevee to breed the DW ability from the event Eeveelutions?

Or, more general:

DW Ditto + DW Male still doesn't pass abilities?

Is there a way to make Black City residents leave? Time travel seems not to do anything (thank god, or RNGing would make the city deserted every time)... so what if I get to 10 and only want 2 of them gone? Just spend weeks NOT battling those two?

After reading the last page, I wanted to ask this:

Even if DW Ditto is released, I'll still need a DW Female Eevee to breed the DW ability from the event Eeveelutions?

Or, more general:

DW Ditto + DW Male still doesn't pass abilities?
We don't know for sure.

@above: Correct.

I cannot decide how to spread the EV's of my Ferrothorn. I think I want to give it 252 in HP, but the rest I can't decide. I thought about having 252 in Attack to maximise Gyro Ball's potential. But on the other hand I have thought about spreading the remaining EV's accross it's defenses to maximise the time it will have to set up Stealth Rock and Spikes. Any advice?

Also why did Nintendo make berry growing only available in the dream world? I think it sucks

I've come back for a second to ask: which nature is best for a Scarf Medicham, Jolly or Adamant?
Well, with Adamant, you'll be outrunning Base 125, and NOT be outrunning Electrode, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Jolteon, Accelgor, or Ninjask.

With a Jolly nature, you barely miss ouspeeding Accelgor, but nowhere close to Ninjask.

It all depends on who you want to outspeed, provided my napkin math is correct. (I'm multiplying 1.5 to the Speed stat because of the Choice Scarf.)

BTW, Welcome back to Smogon. Try not to get banned again ;)

I cannot decide how to spread the EV's of my Ferrothorn. I think I want to give it 252 in HP, but the rest I can't decide. I thought about having 252 in Attack to maximise Gyro Ball's potential. But on the other hand I have thought about spreading the remaining EV's accross it's defenses to maximise the time it will have to set up Stealth Rock and Spikes. Any advice?

Also why did Nintendo make berry growing only available in the dream world? I think it sucks
252hp/6 atk/252 s.def sassy nature or the standard Relaxed 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef, is probably the way to go.

Don't worry, considering ferrothorn low base speed and the fast-paced metagame we are, you will be getting max power gyro ball a lot and the atk investiment will usually not matter.

I've come back for a second to ask: which nature is best for a Scarf Medicham, Jolly or Adamant?
Like Aura said it depends a lot. Adamant doesn't get any important K.Os that jolly can't achieve too.
And considering medicham tier, there are three pretty important poke's in UU to outspeed if you consider jolly. (Aerodactyl, Crobat, Jolteon)

Hi guys,

I am actually trying to build a Sand-Stall team, basically with Tyranitar setting up sand storm and Excadrill as my main Sweeper. The rest of the team will concentrate on stalling/phazing/status. I'm thinking about a Water Abosrb Vaporeon to abosrb/wall water and ice attacks aim at most of my team will be ice/water weak.

However, aside from the idea above I have no idea where to start nor how a stall team actually works =( . Could anyone throw me a bone here, or is there any links to GenV Stall guide/ or a good Gen V Warstory based on stall team. Any ideas will be appretiated.

Hello,

Could anybody tell me how to really get involved into Gen 5 UU? I have been following everything but never really got into the game. I understand some but not all of the game. Where do I start, is there any basic team, anybody who could coach me through? Any special person to follow?

Kind regards,
Please?

Hello,

Could anybody tell me how to really get involved into Gen 5 UU? I have been following everything but never really got into the game. I understand some but not all of the game. Where do I start, is there any basic team, anybody who could coach me through? Any special person to follow?

Kind regards,
Well there is a special program here where some of the best players tutor the ones that want to jump in the competitive scene. I suggest reading the General Guidelines first.
Then, if there is a open round you should sign up in the specific Tutor Subforums.
Welcome to smogon.

Hi guys,

I am actually trying to build a Sand-Stall team, basically with Tyranitar setting up sand storm and Excadrill as my main Sweeper. The rest of the team will concentrate on stalling/phazing/status. I'm thinking about a Water Abosrb Vaporeon to abosrb/wall water and ice attacks aim at most of my team will be ice/water weak.

However, aside from the idea above I have no idea where to start nor how a stall team actually works =( . Could anyone throw me a bone here, or is there any links to GenV Stall guide/ or a good Gen V Warstory based on stall team. Any ideas will be appretiated.
There is a guide for Gen V-Stall if you want to help us since is still in building.

Personally, if you have a Tyranitar/Excadrill and Vaporeon; a Ferrothorn for spikes and resistance against water/ice is a good idea.

Also, something like a scarf poke may help against set up sweepers

A followed up question,
I have not played a game but , for those with experiences, heres my question.

How big of a threat are pokemon with Magic Guard especially Reuniclus to a sand stall team? Are they a threat at all? What is the best way to dispose of them?

A followed up question,
I have not played a game but , for those with experiences, heres my question.

How big of a threat are pokemon with Magic Guard especially Reuniclus to a sand stall team? Are they a threat at all? What is the best way to dispose of them?
I've swept the majority of a Sandstorm Team with my magic guard toxic stall Clefable. This is including their Tyranitar, Nattori and Excadrill.

But I feel Magic Guard as an ability on it's own V Sandstorm residual damage really is redundant it's situational and dependant on the pokemon it is partnered with.

This is really more of a tech support question... How does one put images (for example Pokemon sprites) in their signature?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
which oneis best and why?
Excadrill is usually best competitively... Eelektross doesn't have anything incredibly special going for it in terms of offense or defense. I hope that answers your question. And welcome to Smogon!

Also, does Smogon have one of those oh-so-magical Speed Tier lists for Gen V? I've had to use a slightly lackluster one off of a different site. It'd be nice if we had one locally.

This is most likely a design decision among GAME FREAK and/or The Pokemon Company and/or Nintendo to make Berries rare in the Unova region. This, of course, may change in the future when, possibly, the third version of Pokemon or a remake of the Ruby and Sapphire versions is announced.

Does the Speed Boost Torchic from the DW have fixed stats and nature? Or can you RNG manipulate it like any other Entralink Pokemon?

This has probably been asked a million times before, but the reason I ask is because if its gender is fixed, I imagine other parts of it can be fixed too.

Does the Speed Boost Torchic from the DW have fixed stats and nature? Or can you RNG manipulate it like any other Entralink Pokemon?

This has probably been asked a million times before, but the reason I ask is because if its gender is fixed, I imagine other parts of it can be fixed too.
Gender is fixed; all DW pokemon have their gender fixed when you DL them to your cart. Everything else is generated on the spot. There do indeed exist perfect IV'd perfect nature Speed Boost Torchics. Can't be shiny, though; AFAIK, DW pokemon will regenerate their PID until they hit one that isn't shiny, much like a lot of event legendaries and Zekrom / Reshiram.

Who's better to use in-game? Panpour/Simipour or Tirtouga/Carracosta? I'm leaning towards Panpour/Simipour because it's one of my favorite Pokemon design wise, but I'd like an unbiased opinion.

Carracosta is a brick house. Without hazards or weather to pop sturdy it can shell smash with impunity even in the face of 4x effective moves and then sweep NPC teams. It's really, really good.

Panpour has much better speed, better coverage, evolves earlier (you can evolve it as soon as you get to Castelia and pick up the Water Stone, though waiting until level 22 for Scald is better), and is just all around solid.

For in-game, Panpour wins, especially since your other option for fossils (Archen) is easily one of the top three Pokemon in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)