Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of Brave CB Ferrothorn with Spikes / Gyro Ball / Power Whip / Shadow Claw?
- stealth rocks
- spikes
- power whip
- explosion
nature: careful
item: rocky helmet
ability: iron barb
EVs: 252 hp / 252 def / 4 atk

this is a set im using, shadow claw really shouldnt ve on a ferrothorn

What do you guys think of Brave CB Ferrothorn with Spikes / Gyro Ball / Power Whip / Shadow Claw?
GENIUS!!! lolnot. You can't set up spikes because anything can come in, taunt you, and then you'll be forced to struggle or switch, both of which would allow the opponent to set up. and uhhh, well, you instantly lose to other steels. Which is definitely not good. This thing is epic setup bait.

Shadow Claw is completely useless and should be replaced by Bulldoze as this allows you to hit Fire/Steel-types during their switch into battle.

Hello Guys i need your help on how to build a team
so i want to build a team araound this pokemons since they are the only pokemon that i EV trained so pls help me

sorry if i place it wrong
just move it and inform me whre you put it
thanks in advance

Metagross-adamant
252 atk 252 hp 4 def
bullet punch
meteor mash
pursuit
hammer arm

Gyarados-adamant
intimidate
252 atk 252 speed 4 def
D.dance
waterfall
EQ
Ice fang

Hydreigon-modest
levitate
252 sp.a 192 speed 64 HP
Draco meteor
surf
u-turn
fire blast

Skarmory-impish
sturdy
252 HP 228 def 24 speed
spikes
whirlwind
aerial ace
roost

Zapdos-timid
pressure
252 sp.a 252 speed 4 def
t-bolt
heat wave
roost
ancient power

Thundurus-naive
252 speed 224 sp.a 32 atk
thunder
grass knot
t-wave
u-turn/hammer arm

Swampert-relaxed
240 HP 216 def 52 sp.d
roar
stealth rock
ice beam
EQ

Tyranitar-Sassy
252 HP 176 sp.a 80 sp.d
stealth rock
fire blast
crunch
ice beam/stone edge

@Marwyn
So much text use the
function; Just quote this post to see how to do it

Just makes things look neater.

However to answer your question you have half a (Shudder)Sandstorm team there so you could go in that direction. If you do want a sandstorm team There's a few over in the RMT section look at those for ideas.

Shadow Claw is completely useless and should be replaced by Bulldoze as this allows you to hit Fire/Steel-types during their switch into battle.
Yeah, seconding Oblivion IX on this, use bulldoze instead of Shadow Claw, otherwise things like magnezone and the ever common Heatran will have a free invitation on you; assuming you predict correctly it will deal ~80% in both.

That considered you will have problems with Scizor, Skarmory, Bronzong, Zapdos, and opposing Ferrothorn, you will also lose the leech seed recover that keeps ferro healthy through the match, anyhow, I suggest finding ways to deal with the mentioned poke's.

@Marwyn
So much text use the
function; Just quote this post to see how to do it

Just makes things look neater.

However to answer your question you have half a (Shudder)Sandstorm team there so you could go in that direction. If you do want a sandstorm team There's a few over in the RMT section look at those for ideas.
im pretty sure that he, like i, doesny know how to do that

im pretty sure that he, like i, doesny know how to do that
Proofread your posts.

But if you read what I said within the box when you go to quote a person you can see everything they did in their post. Including how to

Seriously.... It's not rocket science.

i dont know how to do that sorry
so what will i use from those pokemon to make a sandstorm team
i dont want to have a common weakness

i dont know how to do that sorry
so what will i use from those pokemon to make a sandstorm team
i dont want to have a common weakness
Don't people read anything.....

But Well it's up to you, Either Hippodown or Tyranitar as your lead. Skarmory will make a decent physical wall if you need (considering it won't take residual damage)

You can use Metagross if you want but you're adding to a fire weakness without having something to deal with it.

Keep Hydreigon and give it a scarf decent revenge killer and with a scarf won't be staying in long enough to warrant worrying about the residual sandstorm damage.

So what you really need is something to take Fighting and even maybe absorb those Those fire attacks.. So maybe a Gastradon with stormdrain and a Reuniclus with magic guard to deal with those fighting types.

ok thanks
btw i dont have any dream world pokes

how about a team that cover each other's weaknesses
any suggestions for the core
then i will EV train what i need that i dont have

Whenever i go to the smogon server(edit : on po), i get this statement..
Your client version (1.0.21) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.20).
Whats up with that?
Is drizzle + swift swim banned in ubers?
Assume that i have a balloon heatran behind a sub.Will the balloon break if the sub takes a hit?
Does dragonite's sub get the defensive boost of multiscale, if it has full hp?
If u use trick or knock off on eviolite chansey, then will it lose the defensive boosts?
Thank u for reading..:-)

Whenever i go to the smogon server(edit : on po), i get this statement..
Your client version (1.0.21) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.20).
Whats up with that?
The Smogon server is using an older version because it is less sensitive to crashes
Is drizzle + swift swim banned in ubers?
No.
Assume that i have a balloon heatran behind a sub.Will the balloon break if the sub takes a hit?
The balloon will break (That's why SubTales failed for me)
Does dragonite's sub get the defensive boost of multiscale, if it has full hp?
Yes it will.
If u use trick or knock off on eviolite chansey, then will it lose the defensive boosts?
Yes.

my team consists of the following:
Zoroark, Salamence, Haxorus, Cloyster an Swampert, any recomendations for what i should make my 6th?

Might I recommend Balloon Heatran? Your team has a gaping weakness to the Ice-type, with the Dragons you have on there.
and where do you suggest i find said heatran? i cant use my obe on diamond cuz it hasnt been EV trained (im new to EVing but hae caught on quickly) but your right, it also fills the grass weakness between seampert and cloyster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)