Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i can do a darmani... now i just gotta find the right set... but thanks anyway AuraSphere...
I'll just go ahead and recommend a set as well:
Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Adamant + Sheer Force
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Flare Blitz
Rock Slide
U-Turn
Superpower

Flare Blitz is for Sheer Force boost and STAB, becoming extremely powerful. Rock Slide is for Flying-types, U-Turn is for a switch-out and for scouting. Superpower is for Tyranitar, which is instantly OHKO'd by Superpower.

Although if you REALLY want to wreck things, go for Choice Band with Jolly, but you'll come to a Speed tie with Base 95 Speed Pokemon.

I'll just go ahead and recommend a set as well:
Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Adamant + Sheer Force
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Flare Blitz
Rock Slide
U-Turn
Superpower

Flare Blitz is for Sheer Force boost and STAB, becoming extremely powerful. Rock Slide is for Flying-types, U-Turn is for a switch-out and for scouting. Superpower is for Tyranitar, which is instantly OHKO'd by Superpower.

Although if you REALLY want to wreck things, go for Choice Band with Jolly, but you'll come to a Speed tie with Base 95 Speed Pokemon.
i wouldve done the exact same set, but instead of choice band put a life orb on it, sheer force negatates the life drain but keeps the attack bonus, so mose well take advantage of it

Thank you:-)
So will this difference in server make a difference?
Or it doesnt matter?
And finally, are there any conditions to joining the battling101 program,like say minimum posts or something?
It doesn't make a difference, I'm running 1.0.21 as well. I don't think there are any requirements to the battling 101 program, except for a bit of knowledge of the metagame.

Is Forretress only useful on stall teams because it is set up bait for offensive teams? I would like to use on a balanced or offensive team, but the whole concept seems flawed.

One more question: What Dragon works best with Magnezone? I think Latias works with Magnezone slightly better than Mence, Latios or Dnite but I don't know.

Forry is just setup for Volca / Drill / Thundurus and unless you have a really strong defensive core it is not a good idea. Skarmory can still spike up and is slightly better defended with whirlwind and brave bird (just pack sure you pack something for thundurus) and still can spike. There's also Ferrothorn with thunder wave / leech seed who can defend itself really well too (just watch for Volca and fighters ... your Salamence is a good check to them) Excadrill or Starmie if you want to spin.

Is Forretress only useful on stall teams because it is set up bait for offensive teams? I would like to use on a balanced or offensive team, but the whole concept seems flawed.
It can volt switch out on offensive pokes to get you other guy in safely, he also gets Pain Split to annoy opposing stall teams.

In Black, where is a good place to train my team of pokes to around lv 70, so I can fight the elite four for a second time? My team is in like the mid 50s, with one member being at level 40 (giving him the exp share). Thanks!

brenden601, basically any balanced team. Search through RMT forum and find something suitable to your likes.

Bone Dragon, definitely Giant Chasm, Audinos lv 52-55. They're easy to beat, ave only one attack that deals damage, Simple Beam actually boosts your sweepers and they heal half of your health every four turns. Eventually you can level up a bit on 48-50 Audinos on other post-Ghetsis routes (I don't like calling it post-game).

In Shoddy 4th gen, a Life Orb holder attacking a sub suffered no recoil. On PO 5th gen, a LO holder does suffer the recoil. Did the mechanics change in 5th gen? Or does one of them have it wrong?

EDIT: Thanks Newby n0Ob.

@Luphrous: The mechanics did, in fact, change.

In SoulSilver's Battle Tower, Life Orb Exploud took no recoil attacking my Raichu's Substitutes.

On Random Matchup, I attack a Mienshao's sub with LO Samurott, and Samurott suffered recoil.

Quick question regarding the item Ring Target:
Will a Pokemon holding the Ring Target be keep a type immunity that is granted by its ability? i.e.) Will a Ground Attack still hit a Pokemon with Levitate?
Also, will the Ring Target make a Pokemon which is normally immune to certain entry hazards be affected by them? i.e.) Will a Flying type still be hit by Spikes?
I can see this item helping with Zoroark masquerades if it works on entry hazards.

Quick question regarding the item Ring Target:
Will a Pokemon holding the Ring Target be keep a type immunity that is granted by its ability? i.e.) Will a Ground Attack still hit a Pokemon with Levitate?
Also, will the Ring Target make a Pokemon which is normally immune to certain entry hazards be affected by them? i.e.) Will a Flying type still be hit by Spikes?
I can see this item helping with Zoroark masquerades if it works on entry hazards.
Research Thread said:
Confirmed Ring Target: The holder loses its type immunities as long as it is holding it. It does not lose type immunities granted by abilities such as Levitate.

Originally Posted by Fat Research Thread
Confirmed Ring Target: The holder loses its type immunities as long as it is holding it. It does not lose type immunities granted by abilities such as Levitate.
Ok that's good. Any word on entry hazards, though?

When EV training, if you have an exp share on one pokemon and that pokemon doesn't switch into battle, does it split the EVs with the pokemon that makes the kill? (i.e. would a pokemon who kills a haunter get 1 Sp. Atk EV and the one with the exp share get 1 as well?)

When EV training, if you have an exp share on one pokemon and that pokemon doesn't switch into battle, does it split the EVs with the pokemon that makes the kill? (i.e. would a pokemon who kills a haunter get 1 Sp. Atk EV and the one with the exp share get 1 as well?)
no, both pokes get full EVs.. what would happen of you kill a basculine with the given situation (basculine gives 1 spe EV) you cant get half an EV

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
A couple of questions

Analytic, does the boost work on Pokemon switch ins? Example, A Starmie Ice Beamed a Ferrothorn switch in, does it get the boost then?

Also how much is the boost? I heard it was a 30% increase but I just want to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)