Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shouldn't be relevant since you will need both to use images in your signature. I suppose it's just there so that in the event that you get badged the admins don't have to waste time activating the GIF thingy.
Oh, okay.

Another question about Latios: I don't have a viable Latias yet, so is it possible to run a Timid CM/Refresh/DPulse/Recover set like Latias does, or would it be bad since Latios has less Defenses?

Latias runs that set better for the reason you specified. Latios enjoys more of an offensive Calm Mind like CM and 3 attacks, or a Choice Specs or Scarf Trick set like Trick, Draco Meteor, HP Fire, Surf/whatever else

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know this is about two pages late, but imo the best place for SID checking is here:
http://www.pokemongts.com/showthread.php?tid=58163
Yes, it's on another forum :P but this is basically a place where you can upload your pokemon, register/post on that forum describing the pokemon and asking for your SID. You can also get hack checks.
The most important part is the pokemon doesn't have to be shiny so that surpasses Smogon's method while not requiring an AR.

If I trade a Pokemon to my friend for him to level up and he gives it the lucky egg to hold does it gain double boosted exp when it battles or does it not work like that? Please say it does!!

I'm a bit confused on the new tiering BW OU vs Dreamworld. If a pokemon has a dreamworld ability (ex Magic Guard Alakazam or Drought Ninetales) does that make it no longer BW OU legal as far as tiering is concerned?

I'm a bit confused on the new tiering BW OU vs Dreamworld. If a pokemon has a dreamworld ability (ex Magic Guard Alakazam or Drought Ninetales) does that make it no longer BW OU legal as far as tiering is concerned?
It's only illegal if the dreamworld ability is not released. The standard OU tier is for released pokemon and items, so you can only use things available at this point in Gen Five. On the other hand, the Dreamworld tiers are for those who cannot wait for the unreleased abilities and mons. In those tiers you can use items and pokemon, and abilities even if they are currently unavailable as long as they are programmed into the game coding.

Edit: That means Drought Ninetales is legal both in BW OU and in Dreamworld since its dreamworld ability is released, but Magic Guard Alakazam can only be used in Dreamworld since its dreamworld ability is not released.

my cloyster has razor fang equiped. does each shot of ice spear carry its own chance to flinch?
This is the case with King's Rock, so I would assume it is also the case here.

i said the high crit rate item because im not entirely sure about flinching, plus it can put a dent in a jellicent with no boosts, if it has skill link

well if the flinching dont work, definately. but i think it does. and yes, it does have skill link(shell armor: worst ability ever). cool av, btw. way better than shiny.

i said the high crit rate item because im not entirely sure about flinching, plus it can put a dent in a jellicent with no boosts, if it has skill link
I would not advice a high critical hit item. If a skill link Cloyster uses Icicle Spear, the move has 187.5 power normally. With a single critical hit, this goes up to only 225. With a life orb, the move has 243.75 power every time, while, with a choice band, it always has 281.25. Since you only have a little less than a fifty-fifty chance of landing even one crit, a high crit rate item yields an effective power of 205.5, or, in other words, an effective increase in power slightly less than the consistent 1.1 boost given by the muscle band.

cool, a nice accident! that said, is this octillery good, or should i stick with my soak/energy ball combo.

octillary: razor claw
ability: sniper
rock blast
bullet seed
water spout
focus energy

cool, a nice accident! that said, is this octillery good, or should i stick with my soak/energy ball combo.

octillary: razor fang
ability: sniper
rock blast
bullet seed
water spout
focus energy
Octillery is extremely slow, it won't be flinching much. Try using that in Trick Room if you don't already.

the best kluz tactic would be a lopunny with switcharoo, and switch the enemies item with the flame orb you have (with klutz you wont get burned)

srry, wrong item... razor claw
- -
While Sniper does make Crits deal x3 instead of x2, there are still items much, much better out there, especially since you are usually going to only be hitting two or three times and thus will have only about a twenty (two hits) to thirty (three hits) chance of getting a crit at all. As I mentioned in my earlier post about Cloyster, your are most likely better off with something else (plus, your multi-hit moves this time don't have stab). Anyway, you might also want to reconsider water spout. With 45 base speed, Unless you're using trick room it will be rare that you outspeed anyone, and, with 75/75/75 defenses, any decently powerful hit will significantly weaken that move.

Like Drachen Said, Soak Energy Ball is probably a better choice, but you also might want to consider something else entirely since your opponent will most likely switch as soon as you soak.

probly. does klutz affect stticky barb? or is it only useful for entraining on foes?
The only things mentioned in the research thread about klutz are that it prevents the use of fling but not trick or switcheroo. However, Bulbapedia says that Klutz disables the battle effect of held items, so I would assume that applies to Sticky Barb as it is not explicitly mentioned as an exception.

While Sniper does make Crits deal x3 instead of x2, there are still items much, much better out there, especially since you are usually going to only be hitting two or three times and thus will have only about a twenty (two hits) to thirty (three hits) chance of getting a crit at all. As I mentioned in my earlier post about Cloyster, your are most likely better off with something else (plus, your multi-hit moves this time don't have stab). Anyway, you might also want to reconsider water spout. With 45 base speed, Unless you're using trick room it will be rare that you outspeed anyone, and, with 75/75/75 defenses, any decently powerful hit will significantly weaken that move.

Like Drachen Said, Soak Energy Ball is probably a better choice, but you also might want to consider something else entirely since your opponent will most likely switch as soon as you soak.
or, the even better tactic, dont use an octillery!!!

Red

the best kluz tactic would be a lopunny with switcharoo, and switch the enemies item with the flame orb you have (with klutz you wont get burned)
Switcheroo or Trick doesnt work with klutz in 5th gen, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)