Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your first question, yes.

For your second question, since it's all multiplication, it doesn't matter what order they're applied.

For your third question, no.

I've been playing pokemon lately and was wondering how OP debuffs and the like would be with burn/paralyze. So I came up with a few questions I figured you guys would know the answers to.

• Does Burn's/Paralyze's status effect change stack with buffs/debuffs?
  • If so, which affects the base stat first Burn's/Paralyze's status effect or buffs/debuffs?
  • Is there an absolute minimum a stat can be reduced to no matter the scenario?

Thanks,
PokeBilly
1.) When a Pokemon is burned or paralyzed, the stat change due to its status ailment will occur no matter what level its stats have been boosted or lowered to. For instance, a Pokemon who is burned at +6 attack (an attack stat of 4 times its initial attack stat) will have its attack halved due to the burn giving it an effective +2 attack (an attack stat of twice its initial attack stat) In the same way, a paralyzed Pokemon at +6 speed will have the equivalent of +0 speed without the status ailment.

2.) I don't know the order, but I don't think it matters because the order will not effect damage or speed since both the status ailment and boosts are considered when these are calculated.

3.) The absolute minimum a stat other than attack, special attack, or speed can be reduced to is -6 (one fourth of its normal value). With a burn and the ability slow start or defeatist, attack can reach a level equal to one sixteenth of its normal value, the equivalent of -30 if that were to exist. With the ability defeatist, special attack can be reduced to one eight its normal value, the equivalent of -14 if that were to exist. With paralysis, an iron ball, and the ability slow start, speed can reach a level equal to one sixty-fourth of its normal value, the equivalent of -126 if that were to exist. Edit2: Numerically, the lowest a stat can be reduced to is 1.

Edit: Ninja'd on the first two by Ariados Person

PokeBilly:

Burns halve the "effectiveness of physical attacks" (not Attack, even though the effect is similar). Paralysis reduces Speed. These effects are separate from the Attack and Speed stat stages, respectively.

Hello smogon !

I'm searching on pokesav 0.06c for Thundurus. I cant find it in the list as either Thundurus or Voltolos or anything of the sort. Please help, whats it's name in pokesav ?

EDIT: I found it. It had a wierd ass name though ...

I dont think you are allowed to ask hacking questions here. The last time someone asked this, he was given no answer.
BTW I think it like pokegen or something IDK

Hello smogon !

I'm searching on pokesav 0.06c for Thundurus. I cant find it in the list as either Thundurus or Voltolos or anything of the sort. Please help, whats it's name in pokesav ?

EDIT: I found it. It had a wierd ass name though ...
Its Japanese name is Borutorosu, not Voltolos. People just used those sorts of names (Blungel, Nuttre, Ulgamoth) a few months back because it was "easier" to pronounce/type to them.

I am currently working on a Sand Stall Team to use on PO. My current team is Forretress/Tyranitar/Nidoqueen/Reuniclus/Blissey. I want to know what my 6th member should be and if I should lead with Tyranitar instead of Forretress.( I lead with Forretress to set up entry hazards early.)

You shouldn't always lead with T-Tar should your opponent have opposing weather (wouldn't want him to die too early), but Forretress generally works (barring Ninetales/Arcanine etc). For your last slot, I would suggest Mamoswine. Pretty bulky (110/80/60 defenses + SS), with strong priority and offensive presence.

Edit: Yeah. Water counter. Gastrodon is good with Storm Drain, and epic walling capabilities. Quagsire or Cradily work too.

You shouldn't always lead with T-Tar should your opponent have opposing weather (wouldn't want him to die too early), but Forretress generally works (barring Ninetales/Arcanine etc). For your last slot, I would suggest Mamoswine. Pretty bulky (110/80/60 defenses + SS), with strong priority and offensive presence.
something that can wall and counter a water type will also help, seeing that a majority of the team is weak to water

Got a Dream World Question.

I reached 2500 Dream Points yesterday (took it slow, I know. T.T), and today I got on again expecting to be able to go to Windswept Sky. Clicked on the Dream Bridge and apparently I decided to stick around in the forest. I have all the badges of course. Is there some other prerequisite for the other areas?

Got a Dream World Question.

I reached 2500 Dream Points yesterday (took it slow, I know. T.T), and today I got on again expecting to be able to go to Windswept Sky. Clicked on the Dream Bridge and apparently I decided to stick around in the forest. I have all the badges of course. Is there some other prerequisite for the other areas?
Once you have multiple areas you can potentially visit, the area you are sent to is determined randomly. If you were sent to the forest in all of your trips through the dreamworld today or whenever you did this, you were just incredibly unlucky.

On the zapdos analysis, I saw a bold physically bulky set with 248 hp / 236 Def / and 24 Spe
I just RNGd a near perfect zapdos with perfect speed and I was wondering what the 24 speed EVs are for

I forgot my password for accessing smogon server on po..What should i do?
Go PM Rising_Dusk or another mod to request for your pass to be reset. Only works if your account is the same as your username here.

On the zapdos analysis, I saw a bold physically bulky set with 248 hp / 236 Def / and 24 Spe
I just RNGd a near perfect zapdos with perfect speed and I was wondering what the 24 speed EVs are for
iirc it's to outspeed some stuff(I don't remember which) so you can Roost in their face.

umm...what?
He means that the mods/admins will only reset the password of your PO account if the name of the account is the same as your Smogon Forums username. Otherwise, you could just steal the PO name of whoever you wanted. But if it's your Smogon username, they know the account most likely does belong to you.

I am currently working on a Sand Stall Team to use on PO. My current team is Forretress/Tyranitar/Nidoqueen/Reuniclus/Blissey. I want to know what my 6th member should be and if I should lead with Tyranitar instead of Forretress.( I lead with Forretress to set up entry hazards early.)

Edit: Yeah. Water counter. Gastrodon is good with Storm Drain, and epic walling capabilities. Quagsire or Cradily work too.
my t-tar has stab fling and iron ball. provided fling gets STAB, that's a power of 195 if i did the math right, and on a slow nature that will usually get the sandstorm out.

that said, does fling and a boosted stored power get STAB. i saw SP can get 860 power (not possible outside baton pass or smeargle) with stab, thats nearly 1300!

Are IVs as important as EVs? Inquiring minds would like to know. I'm trying to train a big bad mf'ing Hydreigon, so I've maxed its EVs in Special Attack and Speed, made sure it has a Modest Nature, and I bred it Dark Pulse (also, when it was an egg I read it Oedipus</bad joke>).

It's a Zweilos now, about level 50, and I decided to check the IVs. To my dismay, it's got pretty decent IVs all around, but it's got horrendously low ones for Special Attack and Speed. Does this matter much? Should I start over?

Are IVs as important as EVs? Inquiring minds would like to know. I'm trying to train a big bad mf'ing Hydreigon, so I've maxed its EVs in Special Attack and Speed, made sure it has a Modest Nature, and I bred it Dark Pulse (also, when it was an egg I read it Oedipus</bad joke>).

It's a Zweilos now, about level 50, and I decided to check the IVs. To my dismay, it's got pretty decent IVs all around, but it's got horrendously low ones for Special Attack and Speed. Does this matter much? Should I start over?
If you mean what the difference is between a pokemon with 0 IV's in a stat and a Pokemon with the maximum of 31 IV's in a stat, it is that for each IV the stat will be one point higher at level 100.

If you are looking for the formula to calculate stats, you can find it here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stats#In_Generations_III_and_IV.
does this answer your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)