Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Global Link page, log in, then click "Profile" in the same area. After that, click the "Pokémon Dream World" tab around the top-middle of the screen. Your dream points are stated in there.

I'm back with another IV question!
I've bred a really awesome 31HP/31Def/31Sp.Def Eevee. Problem is, it is Calm natured. Should the fact that he has 31/31/31 Defenses make me shut up and stop being so ungrateful because the RNG god gave me the wrong nature?

I've bred a really awesome 31HP/31Def/31Sp.Def Eevee. Problem is, it is Calm natured. Should the fact that he has 31/31/31 Defenses make me shut up and stop being so ungrateful because the RNG god gave me the wrong nature?
I guess this comes down to how badly you want a different nature. If it were me I'd call it a curse for being so close and yet so far.

It's got amazing defenses, so unless you are going to quit while you are ahead, it's better off if you choose Umbreon. Plus the calm nature give it a good bonus, which will allow you to max out Umbreons already high Sp. Def.

It's got amazing defenses, so unless you are going to quit while you are ahead, it's better off if you choose Umbreon. Plus the calm nature give it a good bonus, which will allow you to max out Umbreons already high Sp. Def.
Thats a good idea, but, (and I apologise for not mentioning this earlier), the Eevee I'm breeding are to become Cleric Vaporeon (With Wish and Heal Bell) for my Rain Team. You guys believe that this IV spread is more suitable for Umbreon, considering Calm lowers Attack?

Does Rattled work with beat up the same way as Justified?
In that Rattled can give a +6 Boost to Speed when hit by a Beat Up? If you take damage from every hit of Beat Up, then you'll get the boost from each.
Contrary to an Ability such as Sap Sipper, which gives an Immunity and only gains a +1 Boost from Bullet Seed. (Much to my dismay...)

Thats a good idea, but, (and I apologise for not mentioning this earlier), the Eevee I'm breeding are to become Cleric Vaporeon (With Wish and Heal Bell) for my Rain Team. You guys believe that this IV spread is more suitable for Umbreon, considering Calm lowers Attack?
I don't see what's the problem with a Defensively EVéd Vaporeon. I used one to great effect on PO (Although I carried Yawn over Heal Bell) Is it Hydration or Water Absorb?

And now, my question:
When was the last time the Interesting Pokemon Trivia posted Interesting Pokemon Trivia?

Hey guys, quick question. I usually lead with an Infernape with Stealth rock/ fake out/ CC/ fire blast. And was wondering what the EV spread I should have on him should be. Right now I'm using a Naive nature and 252 Atk/ 4 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed and was wondering if I should change that to better dish out special hits on bulky physical leads. So what Ev spread should I use?

I don't see what's the problem with a Defensively EVéd Vaporeon. I used one to great effect on PO (Although I carried Yawn over Heal Bell) Is it Hydration or Water Absorb?
Water Absorb, Heal Bell is Illegal with Hydration. And I wasn't talking about the EVs. Just the IVs and Nature. (I know the EV spread i'm planning already, 252HP 252Def 4Sp.Def)

In that case, I think you should stay with Vaporeon, but be wary that it doesn't have as good defence as a Bold one. Alternatively you can rebreed with a Bold Eevee of the opposite gender, just pray that the IVs are correctly passed down.

Sorry, wasn't quite paying attention to what I was saying.

SimonSays said:
I don't see what's the problem with a Physically Defensive Vaporeon. I used one to great effect on PO (Although I carried Yawn over Heal Bell) Is it Hydration or Water Absorb?
Fixed.

EDIT: Dammit, I forgot what Calm boosts. Nvm, ignore me.

In that case, I think you should stay with Vaporeon, but be wary that it doesn't have as good defence as a Bold one. Alternatively you can rebreed with a Bold Eevee of the opposite gender, just pray that the IVs are correctly passed down.
Yeah, I think I'll stay with Calm. My luck with IV breeding is lower than the chances of getting 31/31/31 Calm Eevee, and the Physically Defensive Unaware Quagsire I will soon be breeding for (when I beat Black for a second time due to incidents with my first cartridge and a toilet) can aid Vaporeon if things get tough. (Besides, this way I survive my mates Choice Spec Galvantulas Thunder a bit better :trollface:)
Speaking of which, is:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Baton Pass
Heal Bell
Wish
Scald

a good moveset anyway?

Yeah, I think I'll stay with Calm. My luck with IV breeding is lower than the chances of getting 31/31/31 Calm Eevee, and the Physically Defensive Unaware Quagsire I will soon be breeding for (when I beat Black for a second time due to incidents with my first cartridge and a toilet) can aid Vaporeon if things get tough. (Besides, this way I survive my mates Choice Spec Galvantulas Thunder a bit better :trollface:)
Speaking of which, is:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Baton Pass
Heal Bell
Wish
Scald

a good moveset anyway?
(at least you are better, I'm pulling out my hair in frustration over breeding a good mother for a MB Espy >:( )

Yeah, it should work well, although why you expect Galvantulas is beyond me.

(at least you are better, I'm pulling out my hair in frustration over breeding a good mother for a MB Espy >:( )

Yeah, it should work well, although why you expect Galvantulas is beyond me.
My mate has one, and we frequently battled on my old cart, and due to my cocky nature, I frequently lost to his Ambipom, Galvantula, and his ARCANINE. WITH MY RAIN DANCE TEAM. Due to my best counter to it being Quagsire, and his Ferrothorn loves Quagsire. God, he isn't a competitive battler, but of course he has to like pokemon that just happen to be viable competitively.
Anyway, I'm getting off topic. Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Is there any thread where I can learn everything about posting? Like putting images in my threads/replys, changing color, bolding, and all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)