Resource Ask a simple question get a simple answer: RU edition

Depending on the move it uses it has a few including qwilfish, steelix, def Camerupt and emboar as well as choice scarf users and jolteon

So Ambipom and Typhlosion are too good for NU but not good enough for RU? Sucks... it's kind of heartbreaking how some Pokemon don't have a home tier to be comfortable in. If, hypothetically, one wants to use Ambipom and Typhlosion in battle, where can one use them?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So Ambipom and Typhlosion are too good for NU but not good enough for RU? Sucks... it's kind of heartbreaking how some Pokemon don't have a home tier to be comfortable in. If, hypothetically, one wants to use Ambipom and Typhlosion in battle, where can one use them?
Ambipom isn't too good for NU, it's just used too much in RU for it to be in NU. Typhlosion's been banned from NU but sucks in RU so that one's good there.

You can use them in any tier above RU. It's just not advised because they're both bad and/or outclassed

For Typhlosion, we probably have to wait for it to drop back to NU (by metagame changes) or wait for the top threats that outclass it to rise to UU.

what item, spread and coverage (on dd, knock off,hjk) should i use on scrafty?
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD Jolly nature

e: Iron Head works. Head Smash is a nice Togetic lure too. The most optimal item and ability for sweeping imo would be Lum Berry and Moxie

so what can switch in into iron head scrafty?
Emboar switches in pretty well, I suppose. The Scarf variant still outspeeds +1 speed Scrafty and can OHKO back with Superpower. Do be careful with switching in to High Jump Kick or Knock off as the former has a very high chance to OHKO and the latter takes away the choice scarf, making it no longer outspeed.

Last edited:
Assuming you mean DD, Qwilfish, Granbull, Gurdurr, Hitmontop, and Quagsire are all relatively safe switch ins, though Knock Off is annoying for most because no lefties.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so what can switch in into iron head scrafty?
In addition to the above, all relevant Fairies can take a +1 Iron Head from LO Scrafty (Granbull and Togetic can take 2 after SR iirc). Granted if you keep up adequate pressure on fairies it allows Scrafty to plow through them eventually. I would not rely on Qwilfish as your Scrafty switch in though, as though taunt prevents it from setting up when its at +0, it actually doesn't do enough back to it to be a solid counter.

moods

Banned deucer.
what can check sub cm psychic focus blast meloetta? what does well along side it? on what kind of playstyle it does the best?

The thing about Steelix is that its EV spread is extremely customizable; most of them will be running Earthquake, Heavy Slam, Stealth Rock and a filler move (Stone Edge/Dragon Tail/Roar/etc.), but the EV's can range from max HP/Atk with an Adamant nature, max Attack with some HP investment and speed creep, or go more defensive with full HP and SDef and a Careful nature, or even some combination of Defense, Atk and SDef EV's to kill certain things while avoiding a KO from others. It all depends on the needs of a particular team.

I haven't played RU in a while and I wanted to know if it is true that BO and balance's only response to Venomoth is Maranga Berry RockSlide Harvest Trevenant or are there better ones out there ?

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Fletch and Emboar can also fit BO and Balance pretty solidly - Fletch's lack of bulk can be a deterrent but it's an excellent cleaner with a good typing that can spread burns, while Emboar also adds quite a bit through it's defensive typing and sheer power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)