Ubers AV Flutter Mane [GP 1/1]

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
[SET]
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Moonblast
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Psyshock
move 4: Thunderbolt
item: Assault Vest
ability: Protosynthesis
nature: Modest
evs: 176 HP / 244 SpA / 92 Spe
tera type: Fairy / Psychic

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Psyshock allows Flutter Mane to 2HKO Clodsire and hit Blissey harder than any other move at Flutter Mane's disposal.
  • Thunderbolt is a roll to 2HKO Corviknight after Stealth Rock chip damage and will always 2HKO it if Flutter Mane has a Protosynthesis boost.
  • Tera Fairy boosts Flutter Mane's Moonblast damage output while removing its Ghost typing, which allows Flutter Mane to avoid being 2HKOed by opposing Flutter Mane's Shadow Ball. Tera Psychic is an option to OHKO Clodsire and 2HKO Blissey in the sun while guaranteeing the OHKO on Iron Moth that Flutter Mane might be trying to check.
  • The EV investment allows Flutter Mane to outspeed Chi-Yu and survive two Moonblasts from opposing Choice Specs Flutter Mane.
  • This Flutter Mane acts as both a good blanket check to the special attackers in the tier and an unexpectedly powerful bulky attacker that can turn the tables on Pokemon like Miraidon, Iron Bundle, Iron Moth, Espathra, and Chi-Yu.
  • With no recovery and a vulnerability to entry hazards, Flutter Mane cannot be your only answer to these threats, especially Miraidon. As such, this Flutter Mane is best used on offensive teams that wish to have a one-time check to threatening special attackers.
  • Koraidon is appreciated as a teammate, as it sets up sun that boosts Flutter Mane's damage output while also weakening opposing Iron Bundle's Water moves, letting Flutter Mane come in on it with greater ease.
  • Rapid Spin users like Great Tusk and Iron Treads enable Flutter Mane to take more hits from opposing offensive threats and appreciate this Flutter Mane's ability to damage common answers such as Corviknight. Rapid Spin is preferred over Defog due to the offensive nature of the teams this Flutter Mane fits on.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Aberforth, 249382]]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [Manaphy, 50695]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Aurora, 109385]]

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I actually optimized the EVs: 176 HP / 244 SpA / 92 Spe outspeeds Chi-Yu and lives two Moonblasts from Choice Specs Flutter.
I'd add something as the first bullet point as to why you'd run AV; right now you just say "it's a check to special attackers" half-way through.
allowing Flutter Mane to potentially live hits from opposing Flutter Mane.
change to "allows Flutter Mane to avoid being 2HKOed by opposing Flutter Mane's Shadow Ball"
Add Koraidon as a teammate! How are you gonna run this without sun support? Then explain what other checks to Miraidon go well with it.

1/2

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I feel the explanation here is WAYYY too short for such a niche and not self-explanatory set. I don't think it's a good impression to give new players that AV Flutter Mane is a good check to special attackers that should be commonly used and slappable on any random team; it seems to me to be used specifically on more offensive-leaning teams that aren't hyper offense. I'd like this emphasized a bit

I was sold as this thing being a check to Bundle, and half of that relies on the surprise of AV itself being uncommon so he doesn't flip turn forever, but also you don't reliably beat Specs in the first place either:
+1 252 SpA Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. +1 176 HP / 0 SpD Flutter Mane: 135-159 (45.7 - 53.8%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO (26.75% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
Because of that I would like more detail on teammate options too; what other mons are good partners that like Flutter sorta checking stuff while keeping offensive pressure up decently?

(sorry I know you haven't had time to implement lasens check yet just wanted this out before I go to work lol)

EDIT : 2/2

Last edited:
add
remove
comments

[SET]
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Moonblast
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Psyshock
move 4: Thunderbolt
item: Assault Vest
ability: Protosynthesis
nature: Modest
evs: 176 HP / 244 SpA / 92 Spe
tera type: Fairy / Psychic

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Psyshock allows Flutter Mane to 2HKO Clodsire and hit Blissey harder than any other move at Flutter Mane's disposal.
  • Thunderbolt is a roll to 2HKO Corviknight after Stealth Rock chip damage, (remove comma) and will always 2HKOs it if Flutter Mane has a Protosynthesis boost.
  • Tera Fairy boosts Flutter Mane's Moonblast damage output while removing its Ghost Typing typing, which allows Flutter Mane to avoid being 2HKOed by opposing Flutter Mane's Shadow Ball. Tera Psychic is an option to OHKO Clodsire in the Sun, and 2HKO Blissey in the Sun, and guarantees sun while guaranteeing the OHKO on Iron Moth that Flutter Mane might be trying to check.
  • The EV investment allows Flutter Mane to outspeed Chi-Yu and lives survive two Moonblasts from opposing Choice Specs Flutter Mane.
  • This Flutter Mane acts as both a good blanket check to the special attackers in the tier, as well as and an unexpectedly powerful bulky attacker, who that can turn the tables on Pokemon like Miraidon, Iron Bundle, Iron Moth, Espathra, and Chi-Yu.
  • With no recovery and a vulnerability to entry hazards, Flutter Mane cannot be your only answer to these threats, especially Miraidon. As such, this Flutter Mane is best used on offensively oriented teams that wish to have one time checks a one-time check to threatening special attackers that are threatened out by Flutter Mane in return.
  • Koraidon is appreciated as a teammate, as it sets up sun that to boosts Flutter Mane's damage output, and the Sun also weakens while also weakening opposing Iron Bundle's Water moves, letting Flutter Mane come in on it with greater ease.
  • Rapid Spin users like Great Tusk and Iron Treads enable Flutter Mane to take more hits from opposing offensive threats, and can and appreciate this Flutter Mane's ability to damage common answers such as Corviknight. Rapid Spin is preferred to over Defog due to the offensive nature of the teams this Flutter Mane fits on most.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Aberforth, 249382]]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [Manaphy, 50695]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Aurora, 109385]]

GP Team done

Aurora.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)