Partially Approved Avoid Unnoticed Ladder Battles

Hey,

I know Showdown has notifications for moves etc. in battles, but it is still easy to not notice you have got a battle, particularly on inactive ladders.

Would it be possible to implement a change such that before the battle begin (before you see any identifying information such as the name of your opponent, potential spectators in the battle, their team if team preview is a thing in the format, leads if team preview is not a thing in the format, their rating, etc.), you would have to click a "start battle/I am here" button in like 30/60sec. If both players do not do this, the battle is aborted (with no winner/loser so no change to rankings/records). This would help avoid lost matches due to not noticing while also not being a properly abusable system nor a system that uses an excessive amount of time?

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like this suggestion! Other matchmaking platforms (such as most chess sites) have this kind of feature.

I think only team preview formats should be eligible for this. Selecting a Pokemon would suffice to say "I am here," and if all parties do not do this, the game would be aborted.

I also think 60 seconds is an adequate period for this (for multi battles/free-for-fall, perhaps a little longer)

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
This is a good idea, although, like other games, it should ask the confirmation before creating the battle room (so before you know who your opponent is or what their team is), rather than after.

But as long as you do it that way, this is approved.

Last edited:

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Bumping because I keep clicking the Battle button and since some formats I play don't have a big playerbase I do other things meanwhile and keep losing ELO because I forget about it. I guess that if people don't want this for themselves they could have an option to automatically accept the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)