Baby Cups

I'm pretty sure this topic has gotten very little coverage, mainly because it's a bit less exciting, but possibly more fast and playable than regular standards are whatever.
For the people who might not now, which I'm pretty sure would be none, baby cups involve lvl. 1 Pokemon newly hatched out of their egg usuable. The advantages of such a tier for WiFi are obvious: since stats are affected nearly nil by IVs, and not at all by EVs, at that level, the emphasis shifts more to movesets and items. That is why, of course, it would work perfectly as a more casual WiFi tier. If this tier becomes used, I'd think all basic and baby Pokemon with stats base 400 and above besides Ponyta would have to be banned, meaning Sneasel, Scyther, Misdreavus, Tangela, Phione, and Gligar, though I'm not entirely sure about that.
Thoughts about this?

I doubt this is really going to create a lot of good posts since we know few about the actual metagame let alone all these sub- ones. I agree that the listed Pokemon should be kept out though, also because they weren't intended to be "babies" in the first place.

Yeah, nothing above Ponyta should be let in. They actually held a tourney like this on Serebii, which I won. (Ponyta, Munchlax, Tamanta). It is great fun due to the fact at Level 5 (We were allowed to train them 4 levels in case some-one imported a baby from Fr/Lg/R/S/E), power is useless, and strategy is the key. It makes a nice side-line to the brute-force orientated main metagame.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, nothing above Ponyta should be let in. They actually held a tourney like this on Serebii, which I won. (Ponyta, Munchlax, Tamanta). It is great fun due to the fact at Level 5 (We were allowed to train them 4 levels in case some-one imported a baby from Fr/Lg/R/S/E), power is useless, and strategy is the key. It makes a nice side-line to the brute-force orientated main metagame.
My experiences differ since I always Agility-passed from Ledyba to Rhyhorn and swept everything with EQ, RS, and Megahorn. My strategy of course was to Agility-pass to a powerful physical or special sweeper (my other choice was Omanyte) and wipe things out.

AS is going to totally screw up Baby Cup since anything with 14 Speed can now beat Voltorb. An outspeeded Voltorb is a generally a dead one.

Then there's trick room Trapinch... ugh...

voltorb can also use Ascarf, just to still be faster. with no deoxys/ninjask, it will be the fastest, but gastly will own it.

Little Cup is or should be the standard for something like this. Little cup should do just fine in d/p without adding another sub division.

So it's called little cup? I remember that from Stadium Two, but I didn't know that's the formal name here, too.
I've been looking, some Pokemons just become amazing. Rock Cart Cranidos can kill basically everything, it seems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)