Tournament Back to The Future: OU Room Weekend Tour Series [Ended]

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by bludz and Reverb
credits for Argus2Spooky on the banner

I am delighted to invite you to the 2nd weekend tournament series held in the OU room. This time, we will be exploring all the OU tiers in every single generation introduced so far (Note that we will be skipping GSC OU duo to development issues in the server, we will be doing a random pick tournament after all 5 gens are done), this tournament spans all the way from RBY OU to the infamous ORAS OU.

This time, I will be accompanied by shartruce2, Sonired and Team Pokepals with the rest of OU room staff members.

Every weekend starting the 14th of November, two tournaments will be held in the Overused Room on the main server at two different times (which will be explained below):

So, what's this?
Each week, 2 tournaments will be held at two different times in the The Overused room on the main Smogon server. Each tour will give its winner and everyone who won at least one game a certain amount of points which will be mentioned below later. Starting off with week 1, RBY OU (Gen 1) tournaments will be held during their respective time. Going to the 2nd week, there will be an ADV OU (gen3) tournaments same times mentioned below. It will continue with each gen starting RBY up until ORAS. (Note: GSC OU will be skipped because the programming isn't finished for it yet.)

Some sampls teams for older gens:
Gen1, Gen3, Gen4, Gen5

When is this going to happen?
Starting Saturday the 14th of November
Every Saturday and Sunday, there will be an official tour going as stated below: [Any change made will be addressed]
Saturday 2:00pm EST
Sunday 12:01pm EST

You don't have to say "in", just be there on any of the times mentioned above.

How is the points system going to work?
We are planning to do the Smogon Tour points system, which will be explained below:
+1 point for each win up until Quarterfinals.
+2 points for each win starting Quarterfinals and after.
+3 points for winning the tournament's finals.
You are allowed to join both tournaments each week, but you are getting points for the tour which you get higher points in.
[For example, a 64 man tour will get its winner a total points of 10]

POINTS SPREADSHEET
At the end of all tournaments., the top 8 in the points board will have a separated BO5 tournament between the 5 gens played.

How big is this tour?
Sign Ups will remain opened for 5 minutes. You're allowed to join during these times. If it was noticed to be hard for the hosts, we will limit it to 128 players per tournament.
It will be a scripted tour hosted in the Overused room on the times mentioned above.

What is the prize for winning?
The prize will be announced soon.

What are the general rules for this tour?
The rules for every other tour held in the OU room which could be found below:
http://pastebin.com/Q2vi2CnK

As well as the official OU rules and banlist.
Standard Rules and Clauses
Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
Baton Pass Clause: Limited by one pokemon per team knows the move Baton Pass.
Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.

Last edited:
This is something I can be exited for. I always loved the old gens.

Is there any particular reason why the Sunday tour is 12:01 instead of 12:00? It's vexing me ._.

remeber when last time i was in o play of in the room this one i wont even get a poit or even 0 point

im in. Old gens are a fun break from oras. Although if prankster joins good luck winning any gen 4 tours.

I will also miss two snorlaxes body slaming each other praying for a critpara.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lets see how many gen 5 tours I can reach finals with a Shedinja for...

Hopefully I might even be able to get on for at least one of them lol

Last edited:

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to dumb tourney and Rampecker for winning Saturdays and Sundays tours. Next tour will be ADV OU on Saturday!

Reactions: TPP
Second week's tournaments have ended, thanks to everyone who joined us and congratulations to the winners. Next weekend, DPP OU tournaments will be held in the room in the times mentioned in the OP, stay tuned!

I will be posting the points spreadsheet hopefully today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)