Bad Luck You've Had So Far

I didn't understand pretty well, but in fact if your ID isn't the same when the egg hatches, the mon isn't shiny anymore because the ID doesn't match.
In other words if I didn't trade my egg to the other game I would have had a shiny Joltik right now.

tl;dr: if you hatch a shiny mon, don't reset the game to trade the egg to another game cause it won't be shiny anymore.
It's because Shininess is calculated by SID. If the egg is traded, it wouldn't match the host's SID.

So a while back, I bred a bunch of Magikarp and evolved one into Gyarados. Later, I went through my boxes releasing all the extra Gyarados I had caught in the Friend Safari.

And one was my well-bred Gyarados.

And it was holding my Gyaradosite :<

Not necessarily bad luck because it was my own damn fault, but I'm still a little salty.

Thought I'd search Connecting Cave to find a female Axew. At first, I encounter two Axew, both male. Then, 30+ encounters ensue...nary an Axew among them.

EDIT: And then I go through 20+ hordes and still no Axew. What's its encounter rate, like 1%?

EDIT2: FINALLY. FINALLY GOT IT. But seriously, is it just me, or are Axew hordes non-existent?

Last edited:
I literaly hit myself in confusion every time I'm confused.

I remember that Ace Trainer on Route 21. Supersonic'ed my first pokemon; before I KO'ed it; only for a Crustle to come out; Shell Smash TWICE as I hit myself three times before getting OHKO'ed. It then proceeded to run through my team with Rock Wrecker spam almost wiping me.

I got really unlucky with a reverse battle last week. The guy had a Rhyperior as his last Pokemon, and I wasn't prepared for it for a lot of reasons.
  • I was training a bunch of Pokemon so my only good Pokemon were Chesnaught and Cloyster (all the rest were around L38 and unevolved wheras this Rhyperior was level 65...)
  • Out of these 2 I only knew Ice, Water, Grass, and Fighting moves, all of which Rhyperior resisted, and most of which were physical moves. My best option as to chuck away with a resisted physical attack which doesn't do anything to a Rhyperior.
  • It kept using Dragon Tail to send out and kill my weaker Pokemon (I stopped caring at some point and just let them faint)
  • Sometimes I missed because it was holding a brightpowder. That just made the battle more miserable.
  • Finally, it had Stealth Rock. I'm pretty sure that Rhyperior cannot even learn Stealth Rock in that game, so when he used that I felt like he was taunting how bad I was doing against it.
That was probably the only actual struggle I have had in X and Y at all. It wasn't doing very much damage to my Cloyster but it really started to add up after I kept missing and hitting it with a not very effective physical move when I did hit, because Rhyperior hits kinda hard.

Nope, Nevermind, I found some bad luck in battle Maison.

On a smaller streak of 27 in Super singles, but I ran into the dreaded Choice Scarf Horn Drill Rapidash.

TT_TT

Not that it counted for much, but I guess two things. When going to catch a legendary, I had Hypnosis on my Gardevoir and it missed 10 times in a row, only one of those times was due to Safeguard from the legendary, but the damn thing kept missing.

Also during the 8th gym against Cryogonal, using an Aegislash, it used Confuse Ray a few times but in that confusion I hit myself five times in a row and it froze me twice on 3 or 4 Ice Beams. (1/2)^5 anyone? A little over 3% chance, not including the freezing.

Haven't had a shiny since gen. 3 and that was a Rash Donphan...
To anyone who is having trouble finding shinies, I highly recommend giving chain fishing a try. It's a lot like chaining with the Pokeradar except while the Pokeradar has a horrendously high learning curve, chain fishing requires almost no luck or skill as long as you read a guide somewhere as there are a few things that you need to do in order to get a shiny without screwing up a bunch of times. All you really need is a Pokemon with Suction Cups in the front of your party and to find the right spot, which is the same for every game on each route. It is insanely easy to learn. I got a shiny Qwilfish in about 20 minutes on my very first chain, followed by a shiny Clauncher and Horsea in about 2 hours of fishing total. The only luck involved is getting the species/nature/IV's you want as it's random what Pokemon actually ends up being the shiny of the chain, but it's not like getting a shiny Starmie when you wanted a shiny Clawitzer is anything worth complaining about. The only skill involved is having a good enough reaction time to consistently reel in the Pokemon. Seriously, I can't stress enough how awesome this is.

So I've bred about let's say 25 boxes worth of honedges using the masuda method. NO SHINIES....or so i thought. I reached the box limit so i was releasing them mindlessly. I saw a hint of red when I just pressed release, and that shiny honedge went away. I honestly shed a tear. But then I thought I could just restart the game and find him in my boxes again....nope, I hadn't saved in a while, so i hadn't actually hatched him. Despite what happened, I'm not gonna give up. I've come too damn far dammit....

So I've bred about let's say 25 boxes worth of honedges using the masuda method. NO SHINIES....or so i thought. I reached the box limit so i was releasing them mindlessly. I saw a hint of red when I just pressed release, and that shiny honedge went away. I honestly shed a tear. But then I thought I could just restart the game and find him in my boxes again....nope, I hadn't saved in a while, so i hadn't actually hatched him. Despite what happened, I'm not gonna give up. I've come too damn far dammit....
How do you hatch a Pokemon and not notice whether it's shiny or not.. then put it away into your box when you should get another glimpse of it?

Did you just completely forget it existed?

How do you hatch a Pokemon and not notice whether it's shiny or not.. then put it away into your box when you should get another glimpse of it?

Did you just completely forget it existed?
I was studying for a midterm. I was barely paying any attention to what hatched and what didn't. And the whole process gets so monotonous after a few hundred.

I literaly hit myself in confusion every time I'm confused.

I remember that Ace Trainer on Route 21. Supersonic'ed my first pokemon; before I KO'ed it; only for a Crustle to come out; Shell Smash TWICE as I hit myself three times before getting OHKO'ed. It then proceeded to run through my team with Rock Wrecker spam almost wiping me.
this happened to me too.

The number of shinies I have ever seen is still zero. Also, anything in horde battles that has access to sand-attack always ruins my day.
Also, I know that this isn't XY, but a while back I used my knowledge that a Gyarados at +1 DD can sweep Lance in HGSS, only for Ice Fang to miss not once, but TWICE! GAAAAH RNG What did I ever do to you?

In Diamond, I was breeding for a Timid HP Ice Eevee and ended up with one with 5IVs. Problem was, it was Adamant. At least Flareon gets Flare Blitz now.

I've had rather good luck in this game, but my brother ended up with 10 Timid 4IV Staryu before giving up and deciding to use the one with 31/x/31/31/~26/31. When he hatches the last Egg that was generated while he was checking the IVs, it has 31 in everything but Attack ...and Illuminate. After that, he gets 2 Adamant Marill with 31 in everything but SpAtk ...and Thick Fat. Now it's time to grind the Battle Maisson.

Just started the Super Singles challenge at the Battle Maison.

Against the first trainer, my entire team got confusion-haxed to death by lead swagger Jolteon.

We start as we mean to go on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)