Bad Luck You've Had So Far

But I just found a shiny Grumpig at the Friend Safari. Own Tempo (can always be changed, right? not that it can have anything great), Serious nature (not good, but eh: not bad!), IVs: 4-6/27-29/27-29/31/31/27-29.
Quick question (sorry for double post -_-)- were you using radar at the safari? Cause I've had no luck with the radar from other pokemon showing up,

Quick question (sorry for double post -_-)- were you using radar at the safari? Cause I've had no luck with the radar from other pokemon showing up,
PokeRadar doesn't work in the Friend Safari; if your friend has come online and beaten the Elite Four since you added them, then in addition to a third Pokemon, you also have an increased chance of encountering shinies.

I found two that way :3 but one was a Pansear, so I don't count that.

I was probably about 10-15 hours in when I came across my first ever shiny, a Mareep, in a horde battle. I wasn't looking at the screen at the time, so I was pretty damn surprised when I looked down to see the camera cut to show the whole group and I saw it there on the very right of the horde.

It was a real shame that the reason that the camera had panned out to show all of them was because I'd already instinctively hit run.

The last battle with the Essentia trainer in-game was rough. Her Malamar got a crit with Night Slash every time.
I keep getting Friend Safari Pokemon, few options as I have, with really terrible natures. Quiet Sawsbuck, anyone...?

I got 60 wins in super singles then lost to a Dophan with horn drill+EQ+quick claw.. I honestly just played that battle badly, but there were so many before it where there were unbelievable shenanigans.. Bug Buzz misses for no reason and my Jolly perfect IV Garchomp mysteriously gets outsped by another Garchomp.

On the bright side, I got tonnes of BP.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have gotten three shiny Clauncher's from the same route but no Staryu :( And I'm sure I'm bound to get another 50 before I get a shiny Staryu.

(Yes that is bad luck!)

edit, relevant:

[23:25:05] ☆ <@skylight> im so afraid of getting another shiny clauncher
[23:25:06] ☆ <@skylight> ;;
[23:25:27] ☆ <@skylight> ..
[23:25:27] ☆ <@skylight> yeah
[23:25:28] ☆ <Keiran> stop chain fishing
[23:25:28] ☆ <+cherub> im going for qwilfish
[23:25:29] ☆ <@skylight> next one
[23:25:29] ☆ <@skylight> another
[23:25:30] ☆ <%butt> next butt
[23:25:31] ☆ <@skylight> shiny clauncher
[23:25:32] ☆ <@skylight> UHG

fml

Last edited:
I got a modest Braixen with Magician... but then I put the 3DS in sleep mode to do some other stuff. When I came back, the 3DS said that the game card had been removed.

I didn't save.

So I just hatched a shiny Charmander (without Masuda Method). Great! It's Jolly, has DD, Outrage, and Dragon Pulse. Fantastic! But it's IV spread... it has 31/31/31/x/0/31. ZERO FUCKKIN' SP DEF?!?!? Why RNG? Why?!?!?! Both of my parents have 31 Sp Def... WTF!!!!!

I got uber trolled by the game... -_-

EDIT: I just hatched a 31/31/31/x/31/31 shiny Charmander (with Masuda Method)!!!! The RNG has redeemed itself for trolling me. ^^

Last edited:
I've never to my knowledge found a shiny. I must've ran away or killed some without realizing it. The only shiny my brother ever found was a Graveler in Sapphire on Victory Road and it used Selfdestruct, I heard this happened to a lot of other people too

So Pangoro kinda got screwed over in the E4. Want to send it out against Starmie? NOPE, DAZZLING GLEAM! I can remember three seperate times my Pangoro got NOPED by them.

Been trying to breed a Recover Chingling for a while now. Since you have to use Pure incense, I put Destiny Knot on the other mon and tried to get a Bold nature. About a boxful of Chinglings later, I have not found one Bold nature (-Atk, + Def) but have about a quarter of them have Lonely natures (+Atk, - Def).

STOP IT GAME.

Reactions: JES
In game.

Chandelure used Confuse Ray!
Goodra gets confused.

Chandelure used Shadow Ball!
Goodra hit itself with confusion!

Chandelure used Shadow Ball!
Goodra hit itself with confusion!

Chandelure used Shadow Ball!(1 HP LEFT)
Goodra used Draco Meteor!
Goodra missed.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
My Y save file was completely corrupted and I was forced to restart.
I think I take the cake.
Or you could've not saved in Lumiose... Anyway, I can't find a SINGLE person to tell me my friend safari. I'm USA east coast (don't know exact time zone) so help would be appreciated.

Or you could've not saved in Lumiose... Anyway, I can't find a SINGLE person to tell me my friend safari. I'm USA east coast (don't know exact time zone) so help would be appreciated.
That's the funny thing, I didn't save in Lumiose at all. I was last saved at Snowbelle City before the save file was destroyed.

SUPER ROTATION BATTLES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHGH

Currently on my goddamn ninth try. Got so freaking close to the boss too last run, around 45 wins. I mad.

Oh and being frozen twice by a Cryogonal in Super Rotation Battles, the second mon was frozen right when I was about to goddamn Heal Bell too. Stayed Frozen until death about 10 turns later. That Cryogonal has hax Ice Beams, srsly.

Reactions: JES
I studpidly was trying to level up a single 'mon to evolve it using only a Lv 100 Talonflame - meaning I only had two Pokémon in my party.
Encounter a horde of Geodude - Lv 25. Switch out to Talonflame (50% health), gets Smack Down'd by all of 'em every time.
Long story short, that was the first time I ever "blacked out" and lost money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)