Bad Luck You've Had So Far

ive bred probably a few hundred masuda method eggs. encountered thousands of pokemon and numerous hordes fromev training. ive yet to get a shiny

ive bred probably a few hundred masuda method eggs. encountered thousands of pokemon and numerous hordes fromev training. ive yet to get a shiny
I have 500+ hours gameplay, and my two shinies are a Caterpie and a Basculin. I've probably hatched 1200+ eggs (a lot of masuda in there), and have hatched no shiny eggs.

Unsure if this counts as bad luck, but I found a shiny Audino yesterday.

I already had a shiny Audino... XD

Still, it has Regenerator whilst the other has Klutz, so I guess it's okay...

Well I have 95 hours of gameplay and i only have one shiny and its not naturally found in the wild. I got an Alomomola after 36 fishing streak. I am trying to get a skiddo via masuda method and right now ive hatched 125 eggs

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
3300 Honedge eggs to no avail...

Also found a Shiny Wartortle an hour ago and my Abra didn't work... Jolly nature. Just found a Shiny Spritzee and Abra fails me yet again. It's... Adamant nature.

breeding 2 pokes with 5 IV's each... and getting 3 or 4 IV eggs.
played over 100 hours, only shines are from LONG chain fishes.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Why are you guys disappointed about not finding a shiny in 100 hours?
I've definitely had a total of over 1000 hours in all of my games combined, and still no wild shiny. At all.

This is making me really depressed.

I've definitely had a total of over 1000 hours in all of my games combined, and still no wild shiny. At all.

There, there. I know how you feel. I've been playing since Gen 1, and last month I FINALLY encountered my first shiny. So, I totally know how you feel.

Keep your chin up. Good things can happen unexpectedly :)

Only bad luck I had was getting my team completely sweeped by Diantha's Mega Gardevoir (I had a serious weakness to Fairy type, haha) - otherwise, I have pretty decent luck with Pokemon games in general.

I was breeding for a good Torchic with Speed Boost and then I got one that was a female with perfect Attack, Defense, and Special Attack, so it could replace the female I was using with no perfect IVs. There was just one problem, though. The torchic had Blaze.

So it has a bad competitive ability, and it is a female so it can't pass down IVs to pokemon of other species.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Because we're talking about X&Y exclusively, where even with the rate of shinies increased.

I'm on 170 hours and still no shiny. Haven't cared much to continually find someone to check egg SVs with, though.

3300 Honedge eggs to no avail...

Also found a Shiny Wartortle an hour ago and my Abra didn't work... Jolly nature. Just found a Shiny Spritzee and Abra fails me yet again. It's... Adamant nature.
At least it's not like getting THREE Modest Geodudes in the same Nuzlocke run...*flips table*.

I've had that happen in like three of my Nuzlockes so far.

My Lucario, whilst holding a Lucarionite, used Me First in a battle against another trainer's Pokémon and the move ended up being Fling.

Reset time.

My Lucario, whilst holding a Lucarionite, used Me First in a battle against another trainer's Pokémon and the move ended up being Fling.

Reset time.
I'm pretty sure you can't get rid of the Mega Stone.

Even if you can you just get it back after the battle anyways.

I was doing RNG method for breeding, trying to a random IV of either 31 or 0 in any stat. The chance of that is 1/16.

It took me 68 eggs to get one. That was nearly 4 hours of my life.

I started breeding for a rotom with a x/x/31/31/31/31 rotom and 31/x/x/31/x/31 ditto as parents. It took me 5 hours to get a 31/0/31/31/31/31 rotom, with every egg before it having 4IVs.

Now I'm breeding hasty/naive rough skin gibles, with a x/31/31/x/31/31 (docile!) mother and x/31/31/31/31/31 naive father. I'm trying to get the nature I want by luck, and then aim for the 6 IVs as I keep replacing the mother with better females. After two hours I've yet to see a hasty/naive natured male OR female gible, and the only 5IV I've hatched is an impish x/31/31/31/31/31 female with sand veil.

Irony is getting me. I didn't need a perfect IV Marill, but I got one with Thick Fat. I didn't need my Gible to be perfect, but it did that with a four and five IV parent set producing eggs.

I do need a perfect Larvitar for my soon-to-be team. I've got two five IV parents breeding, every IV covered, and I'm just over one hundred eggs in on that project. Of course.

Been on a shiny hunt for a shiny Sneasel for a few days via Friend Safari... up to 3 of them have them in it. So far, no luck. Not giving up on it though, but I swear the little twerps are trolling me or something -_-.

Me: "Oh I got a 4 IV Larvitar from Wonder Trade. Can't take that long to get a 5 IV one right?"

It. Took. Three. Days. And two full PC boxes. At least I got stuff like Protean Froakie and a 4 IV Mawile by trading them away.

Also GameFreak does not want me to get anymore shinies. Chain fishing is such a bitch to me. I guess it's some revenge for chaining those 50+ Shiny Eevees in Gen 4 and trading them for random legends, lol.

Not getting any Shiny Stones despite consistently beating Roserade and the target time in Secret Super Training... And getting like a crap ton of Stardusts and Hard Stones instead -.-"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)