[Balanced Hackmons] Arceus [QC: 2/3] [Written]

[OVERVIEW]
QC [2/3]
GP [0/2]

Arceus is a jack of all trades, master of none. with 120 in each stat and a bst of 720, Arceus can preform several different roles well. However, since Arceus has uniform stats, it neither hits as hard or tank as well as Pokemon with more extreme stat spreads. Arceus's unique variety of sprites can be used to mislead the opponent. Remember an Arceus-Ghost could be a normal type Arceus! Arceus protects Plates from Trick and Knock off. Arceus's normal typing gives access to STAB Facade and Boomburst. Normal has great neutral coverage and takes most hits neutrally. However Normal type does not hit super effectively or have any resists other then a ghost immunity. This flaw can be patched up with multitype and a plate. Despite the disdvantages of a Normal typing

[SET]
name: Physical Poison Heal
move 1: Facade
move 2: Icicle Crash/Knock Off/Thousand Arrows
move 3: Spore/Leech Seed/King's Shield
move 4: Shift Gear/Roost
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk/ 4 Spdef / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Facade is the main STAB option and is the only staple move of this set. In combination with Toxic Orb + Poison Heal, Facade is boosted to 140 BP. Icicle Crash OHKOs Mega Rayquaza, which Arceus can outspeed. Use this if you need a Ray check. It also hits Giratina stronger then Knock off on the second hit (or first hit if Griseous Orb.) Knock Off provides good utility and coverage. It can knock off an imposter's eviolite and hit Steel and Rock types neutrally. Also hits Ghost types like Giratina SE. Is very close to perfect coverage with Facade. Thousand Arrows hits Steels and Rock types SE. These types resist Normal. It also has a built in Gravity effect. Spore is one of the best status moves in BH. 100% accurate sleep works well with a Poison Healer. However Spore can be blocked by Grass types and Safety Goggles. Leech Seed helps extend Arceus's longevity. The draining effect helps beat Imposter, and kills Shedinja. Roost is an extra form of recovery that extends Arceus's longitivtiy. Shift Gear boosts Attack once and Speed twice. This is one of the best physical boosting status moves. Arceus is an imposter proof sweeper due to Facade, Leech Seed, and Spore or Dark Void. King's Shield can be used to take less damage from -ate Extremespeed and other Physical attacks, scout coverage, and provide a (somewhat) free turn for Toxic Orb Spiky Shield can be used to always give Toxic Orb a free turn.
Set Details
========

The 252 EVs in Speed and Jolly nature enable Arceus to outspeed offensive threats such as Mega Rayquaza, Mega Diancie, Regigigas, and Slaking. The 252 Evs in Atk maximze's Arceus power. The Toxic Orb poisons Arceus to trigger Poison Heal. The Shield moves can assist this.

Usage Tips
========

The best way to switch Arceus in is a slow pivot, it doesn't have the bulk to switch into most BH threats. Always make sure to give Arceus a safe switch in to trigger Toxic Orb. Do not switch into status moves or Knock Off before the Orb triggers.

Team Options
========
Giratina and other Ghosts are immune to Fighting, Arceus's sole weakness. Giratina can switch into Mega Mewtwo X very reliably. A Mold Breaker teammate can remove Shed so Arceus can sweep, if you choose not to run Leech Seed. High damage output Pokemon such as Protean Mega Mewtwo X/Y can be used to beat Prankster and Unaware checks that can disrupt Arceus' sweep.
[SET]
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Boomburst
move 2: Judgment
move 3: Quiver Dance
move 4: King's Shield/Secret Sword/Leech Seed
item: Spooky Plate / Earth Plate
ability: Magic Bounce
nature: Timid
evs: 132 HP / 252 Spa / 124 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Boomburst is the main STAB option of this set, unless Multitype is run. With 140 BP, Boomburst can easily do massive damage. Judgment is used as coverage that Imposter cannot have access to. The Plate Arceus is holding cannot be knocked off. Leech Seed helps extend Arceus's longevity and kills Shedinja. Roost is an extra form of recovery that extends Arceus's longitivtiy. Quiver Dance boosts Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed once. It is one of the best moves for special sweepers, and it enables Arceus to quickly outspeed the Mega Mewtwos and overpower most special walls. King's Shield can be used to take less damage from -ate Extremespeed and other Physical attacks and scout coverage. Secret Sword is additional Ghost-immune coverage. Hits powerful walls such as Chansey and Registeel super effectively.
Set Details
========

Spooky Plate gives a Ghost-Type Judgment, useful for hitting Giratina super effectively. This is generally the most optimal plate. Earth Plate gives a Ground-Type Judgment, which can hit bulk steels such as Registeel super effectively. 124 Speed evs and Timid nature enables Arceus to outspeed Deo-S after one quiver Dance 252 Special Attack Evs make Arceus as damaging as possible to give it the best chance of wallbreaking. The remainder evs are placed in HP to increase Arceus's longevity.

Usage Tips
========

Arceus is best used as a check that can pressure opponents and sweep, it is not bulky enough for switch ins in the BH meta. Pair this set with any Ghost type to create an Imposter proof core. Plate Arceus is immune to Trick and takes less damage from Knock Off, so it can be used to block these moves.

Team Options
========
Giratina and other Ghosts are immune to Fighting, Arceus's sole weakness. Giratina can switch into Mega Mewtwo X very reliably. Ghost types are also completely immune to this set, and cannot be beaten by it. A Mold Breaker teammate can remove Shed so Arceus can sweep, if you choose not to run Leech Seed. High damage output Pokemon such as Protean Mega Mewtwo X/Y can be used to beat Prankster and Unaware checks that can disrupt Arceus' sweep.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Arceus can run general Physical and Special defensive sets, due to its good defensive typing and solid all around bulk, but is generally outclassed or outmatched by more specialized options. A Perish Song and Soundproof trapping set can be used to surprise an opponent or potentially break stall. Multitype can be used to change Arceus's type. Note that you do not have to use the sprite that matches Arceus's actual type. It is advantageous to try and trick the opponent by using a different sprite. Dark Void can replace Spore, it is not blocked by Goggles or Grass types. The trade off is somewhat unreliable accuracy. Spiky Shield can replace King's Shield. The residual damage caused by Spiky Shield can be used to kill Shedinja and wear down priority revenge killers.

Checks and Counters
===================

Mega Mewtwo X- Mega Mewtwo outspeeds Arceus and has powerful Protean STABs and natural fighting STAB can easily defeat it.

Mega Mewtwo Y- Can outspeed, and Judgment sets often run Secret Sword, which can easily 2hko. Cannot be OHKO without boosts

Massively Bulky Pokemon- Pokemon such as Giratina and Slowbro-Mega counter the Physical Arceus set and are not even 2HKO by super effective coverage and require boosts to surpass, which can be disrupted by phazing and Entrainment. Pokemon such as Fur Coat Chansey and Registeel cannot be easily 2hko without boosts by the Boomburst and Judgment set.

Last edited:

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel this is one analysis that will be dependent more on the consensus of other QCer's, and I have marked which points that I think could use some second opinions.

Set Physical Poison Heal

Set
  • Leech Roost and KS should all be in the same slot as they primarily allow arc to gain Hp
  • Spore and Shift Gear should be in the same slot as they define different functions of the Arc - Sweeper Role, or the "Bulky Annoyance" set
  • (Optional, maybe OO or Set Details)A more bulky spread can be used instead of 252 attack in the "Bulky Annoyance" role
  • (Check with other QCers)I personally think Low Kick is redundant with Thousand Arrows so they should be in the same slot

Moves
  • Knock Off is additionally Imposter proof, as Arceus cannot lose its plate
  • Knock Off and Facade is nearly perfect coverage, missing out only on a few mons such as Mawile and Tyranitar
  • Since your primary spread is 252 spe Timid, then it's "outspeeds" instead of "can outspeed
  • (Check with other QCers)Move DV into OO
  • Roost with no boosting or status can allow this set to be exploited by Imposter
  • See above, but with Low Kick
  • No need to describe what SG does
  • (Check with other QCers)Move Spiky to OO

Set Details
  • (Check with other QCers)I don't think the point about the Torb is necessary

Usage Tips
  • Minor note reminding how shields can help activate the Torb

Set Boomburst+Judgment

Set
  • Rename set to ""Arceus Special Sweeper" or similar
  • (Check with other QCers)I personally think this set is not useful without QD so it should not be slashed. Arceus is not strong enough to be a nuke, especially with just Judgment and Boomburst. I think of this set as an old style Imposter proof setup sweeper

Moves
  • I again don't think a description on what QD actually does is necessary

Set Details
  • You have listed Multitype as an option without telling why. I personally don't think Boomburst is the best option with a Mulitype build, since it'd be better to have a different coverage and thus a different set, factoring in Imposter into account etc which you must spell out
  • If you are set on including Multitype and you explain how to again use Arceus Sprites to cause minor confusion

Checks and Counters
  • Instead of "non-Imposter", just put Fur Coat or Unaware to specifically mention other sets Chansey can run to thwart these sets
  • You have mentioned it in your Team Options, so specify how bulky Prankster Pokemon (like Registeel or Audino Mega) can disrupt both sets
QC1

This analysis is looking pretty good! Just a few minor things:

General comments:
  • Don't copy paste a description from one part to another; even if you're just saying the same thing, rephrase it somehow
  • There are some formatting issues but GP should take care of those I think
Overview:
  • I think it would be better if you didn't put Sticky Hold in quotes and instead just explained the effect
  • Maybe "Remember an Arceus-Ghost could be a normal type Arceus, or vice versa!"
Set 1
Set:
  • I'd put Icicle Crash before Knock Off because it hits harder and Rayray is so common. Also, it hits Gira for more damage than Knock Off on the 2nd time (or first if Griseous Orb)
Moves:
  • Don't mention Low Kick in your 1k arrows description or as a separate bullet point
  • Mention Dark Void in OO, not here
  • Remove the bit about literally what Shift Gear does, and instead talk about what it does for the set (i.e. remove the first sentence of that bullet)
  • Move spiky shield to OO
Team Options:
  • Specify Fur Coat Gira as a MMX switchin? Up to you, just a recommendation
Set 2
Moves:
  • Don't mention Multitype here
QC 2/3

I'd suggest mentioning Jolly/Timid 216 speed as the amount needed to outspeed Mega Rayquaza if EVs are needed in bulk. Also mention 172 SpA, as that is the amount needed to guarantee an OHKO on Rayquaza with Ice Beam if running it (Icicle crash needs 248 EVs to guarantee the OHKO with no boost, so its not worth it to mention)

Overview:
• Fix the last sentence here, I have no idea what was supposed to happen there

Set Comments
• Instead of saying "if Griseous Orb," say "if Giratina is holding a Griseous Orb"
• Specify that the draining element helps beat Imposter because of Chansey's high HP stat
• When describing roost, add on to the end "at the cost of any potential for stat-boosting" or something of that sort
• When you mention Shift Gear, add that +2 Speed allows it to outpace the entire relevant metagame rather than just describing the bland facts of what it does
• Put an "Overall," before the imposter-proof sentence

Usage Tips
• slow pivot with U-turn, Volt Switch, or Baton Pass would probably be better, but idk

Set Comments
• You don't need to describe the specific stat boosts provided by Quiver Dance
• Reorder these move descriptions to fit the set's order

Usage Tips
• Say examples of Ghost types

Team Options
• Please rephrase this so it isn't exactly identical to the first one, and try to add in some new details if possible.

Strategy Comments

Other Options
• Mention that Soundproof also helps vs. -ates, especially with physically defensive Arceus
• Provide the most commonly used Multitype Arceuses: Ghost and maybe Rock if you feel like it, but probably just Ghost
• can be used to kill Shedinja if it uses Endeavor

Nice analysis overall. Before moving to GP, I'd recommend looking over the previous QC checks one last time and making sure you haven't missed anything of note because it seemed like there were one or two places where I had to repeat feedback from Flint or Piccolo. This could also be useful to beef up the analysis a tiny bit.

Once you've done that, QC 3/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)