[Balanced Hackmons] Latios-Mega

QC: Piccolo Daimao / Mamp / Uselesscrab
GP: Malley / GatoDelFuego

[OVERVIEW]

With Soul Dew boosting its Special Attack and Special Defense to sky-high levels, Mega Latios is a powerhouse in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. Its good Dragon / Psychic typing gives it handy resistances to common offensive types such as Fire, Water, and Fighting. By holding a Soul Dew, Mega Latios has an easier time getting past Imposters, but it doesn't make Mega Latios completely Imposter-proof. However, due to its subpar physical bulk, Mega Latios has trouble getting past Pixilate and Refrigerate users, both of which it is weak to, and is very vulnerable to Knock Off due to its reliance on Soul Dew.

[SET]

name: Protean
move 1: King's Shield
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Magma Storm / Seed Flare
item: Soul Dew
ability: Protean
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

King's Shield allows Mega Latios to scout for moves and punish physical attackers with an Attack drop. It also changes Mega Latios's type to Steel, which helps it deal with the -ate abilities better, as it resists all three of them. Moonblast and Earth Power have great coverage together, hitting many common Pokemon such as Registeel, Rayquaza, and Giratina very hard. Magma Storm, being a partial trapping move, helps Mega Latios deal with Sturdy Shedinja, but the move has shaky accuracy. Seed Flare is another option which can be used to hit Primal Kyogre super effectively.

Set Details
==========

Maximum Special Attack investment considerably heightens Mega Latios's firepower when combined with the Soul Dew. Maximum Speed investment with a Timid nature is important to Speed tie with other threats with base 110 Speed such as Mega Diancie. Protean gives Mega Latios a STAB boost on all its moves. Protean also allows Mega Latios to switch types to resist certain moves, most notably with King's Shield for the -ates.

Usage Tips
===========

Faster threats such as Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Gengar, and Mega Rayquaza should be removed before Mega Latios enters the field, as they pose a huge threat to it. Be wary of Knock Off, even from defensive Pokemon, as it removes Mega Latios's Soul Dew, which leaves it very underpowered. Also be sure that all Imposter Pokemon are gone before bringing Mega Latios in, as they can win a Speed tie and KO even when weakened.

Team Options
============

Seeing as some of the threats to Mega Latios are the -ate users, it's good to have a Steel- type such as Registeel or Aegislash to check them. Pokemon capable of checking Imposter users such as Illusion lures, -ate users, Mega Gengar, and Hoopa Unbound are appreciated because it's risky for Mega Latios to take them on. In case Mega Latios is KOed by an Imposter user, it's important to have a check for Protean Mega Latios. Pokemon such as non-Imposter Chansey are very helpful for such a scenario.

[SET]

name: Tinted Lens
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Psystrike
move 3: Volt Switch
move 4: King's Shield / Magma Storm
ability: Tinted Lens

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Draco Meteor hits a huge majority of the tier for massive damage. Psystrike helps with getting around specially bulky Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Ho-Oh, and non-Imposter Chansey by hitting them based on their weaker Defense. Volt Switch is essential for keeping momentum on your side and hits decently hard even after a Special Attack drop from Draco Meteor. King's Shield is useful for scouting moves, while Magma Storm can be used to get past Shedinja.

Set Details
===========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment with a Timid nature ensures that Mega Latios can hit as hard as possible while Speed tying with other Pokemon with base 110 Speed such as Mega Diancie. Tinted Lens gives Mega Latios unresisted coverage between its two STAB moves. Soul Dew provides a Choice Specs boost without locking Mega Latios into a move while also increasing its Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time Draco Meteor is the move of choice, as, with Tinted Lens, it is nearly impossible to switch into without something getting KOed or severely crippled. Be wary of Pokemon that carry Knock Off, even defensive ones such as Giratina, as losing Soul Dew's buffs is something Mega Latios does not appreciate. More often than not switching Mega Latios in is risky, so creating free switches by using moves such as U-turn or Volt Switch is optimal so that Mega Latios does not take unnecessary damage

Team Options
=============

Imposter Chansey and Steel-types such as Registeel and Aegislash are very helpful as they can check some of Mega Latios's biggest threats, the -ate users. Entry hazard setters also pair well with Mega Latios because they help it wallbreak by punishing switch-ins with residual damage or status. Pokemon that can give Mega Latios free switches are also good partners, such as U-Turn Registeel and Baton Pass Shedinja. Lastly, be sure to have a check for Mega Latios in case of opposing Imposter users. -ate Pokemon or faster attackers such as Mega Mewtwo X are good for this purpose.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
==============

Protean Mega Latios has many other viable moves that it can run, such as Boomburst, Volt Switch and Steam Eruption, but they are generally not as useful, as they do not have as much coverage. Mega Latios can also run a bulky Quiver Dance set that helps get past Imposter because the Soul Dew boost is not copied. Another possible set that Mega Latios can run is a Shell Smash + Stored Power set, which normally uses Shell Smash / Stored Power / Spacial Rend, but it's not as useful because Mega Latios struggles to find opportunities to set up and is also very Imposter weak. Finally, Mega Latios can run a Contrary set, using high-power moves such as Draco Meteor, Psycho Boost, and Overheat to constantly increase its Special Attack, but this set is very prone to Imposter users even with the Soul Dew boost, so it isn't used as much.

Checks and Counters
====================

**Chansey**: Imposter Chansey is a problem for Mega Latios because Latios gets KOed if Chansey wins the Speed tie. Non-Imposter variants also are a problem to deal with due to their stellar bulk after Eviolite boosts.

**The –ates**: Pokemon that use the abilities Refrigerate and Pixilate threaten Mega Latios with boosted Fake Outs and Extreme Speeds which can KO Mega Latios due to its subpar physical bulk. Mega Rayquaza in particular is a major threat to non-King's Shield variants of Mega Latios.

**Prankster Users**: Pokemon that use Prankster, such as Registeel, can come in on a resisted hit and cripple Mega Latios by either putting it to sleep or decreasing its offenses with Parting Shot.

**Regenerator + Assault Vest Users**: Pokemon that use Regenerator + Assault Vest, such as Regirock and Registeel, can give Mega Latios problems as they are able to take a Special Attack and heal it off by switching out.

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long to get this done, I'm real behind on QCs at the moment because I'm out of town.

Overview:
I don't really like the phrase effective calm mind, maybe just say that it gives large boosts to the SpA and SpD of Latios-Mega, giving it an effective special attack higher than that of Mewtwo Mega Y
Dragon/Psychic being a good STAB combo isn't all that relevant when its main set is Protean. Also, I wouldn't say that it hits "most of the relevant tier" for neutral damage when that coverage is walled by most Steel types.
Also mention that Latios, because of its Soul Dew and Psychic typing, does not appreciate Knock Offs, from either defensive or offensive Pokemon.

Protean:

Set:
I'm not sure this is the most effective set for Protean Latios-Mega to run. I definitely agree that Protean is its most viable set, but I'm not sure those are the best moves. First of all, it has no way to break through Giratina, one of the best walls in the whole tier. I'm not sure about the presence of Psystrike because Psychic isn't very good coverage in the meta. Boomburst is a high powered move that is strong but it doesn't hit enough things SE. I'd personally recommend a set of King's Shield, Moonblast, Earth Power, and Magma Storm or Seed Flare. It's the most common MMY protean set, and is capable of hitting everything relevant in the meta for neutral or SE damage. Magma Storm allows Latios-Mega to beat Shedinja, but Seed Flare lets it beat Kyogre-Primal with ease.
Also, just a note, you have to space out your slashes. For example, you'd write
Magma Storm / Seed Flare
as opposed to
Magma Storm/Seed Flare
Otherwise it won't get uploaded correctly to the CMS

Moves:
Obviously those are going to be replaced with the new set, but your King's Shield writeup could use a bit of work. I'd recommend writing something like "King's Shield blocks Fake Outs by -ate users, as well as changing its type to Steel, which resists all -ates"

Set Details:
Elaborate more on your Protean line. Talk about how it can switch types to resist certain attacks, especially with King's Shield

Usage Tips:
You might want to change the weakened Imposter line to removed Imposter, because a weakened Imposter can still win the speed tie and OHKO

Team Options:
Aggron-Mega isn't very relevant as an -ate check anymore because everything runs mixed.
You might want to mention regular Chansey as a wall for this. If you have an Imposter on your team, it can effectively wall this set when not transformed (assuming the Chansey has recovery)
Also, you should elaborate on/rephrase this line:
A check to imposter such as Hoopa-U or Mega Gengar is generally handy
Mention how these sets can get rid of Chansey, which then allow Latios to switch in without fearing Chansey

Tinted Lens:Set:
I'm not sure if Milk Drink is the best move for this set to run. I think King's Shield might be a better option, because it's not going to have many chances to just use a recovery move. King's Shield lets it irritate many Pokemon that use Fake Out or contact moves in general. In particular, it would irritate most Mewtwo Mega X sets. It also allows scouting of moves, allowing you to switch something in safely. You might want to just add it as a slash though, I'm not sure.

Moves:
Split the Volt Switch / U-Turn thing into two separate bullet points

Set Details:
Mega Aggron is a bad example of a wall that Latios-Mega can break through. Aggron has horrendous SpD, and I bet it could kill it easily without even being Tinted Lens. I'd replace that with Registeel if it can in fact KO Registeel easily.

Team Options:
Aggron-Mega isn't very relevant as an -ate check anymore because everything runs mixed.

Contrary:I don't think this set is worth mentioning outside of Other Options. Anything that has a high Attack or Special Attack stat can run Contrary, but I don't think it's an amazingly viable strat. Most people have counters to Contrary, be it Flash Fire Aegislash, Imposter Chansey, Unaware users, or Prankster users.

Strategy Comments:Other Options:
Mega Latios can run the Shell Smash Stored Power set better than Gengar Mega can, remove that second part.

Checks and Counters:
Elaborate on the Prankster users point. What can they cripple Latios with? Don't just write Various means

Nice job!

Sorry for taking so long to get this done, I'm real behind on QCs at the moment because I'm out of town.

Overview:
I don't really like the phrase effective calm mind, maybe just say that it gives large boosts to the SpA and SpD of Latios-Mega, giving it an effective special attack higher than that of Mewtwo Mega Y
Dragon/Psychic being a good STAB combo isn't all that relevant when its main set is Protean. Also, I wouldn't say that it hits "most of the relevant tier" for neutral damage when that coverage is walled by most Steel types.
Also mention that Latios, because of its Soul Dew and Psychic typing, does not appreciate Knock Offs, from either defensive or offensive Pokemon.
Protean:
Set:
I'm not sure this is the most effective set for Protean Latios-Mega to run. I definitely agree that Protean is its most viable set, but I'm not sure those are the best moves. First of all, it has no way to break through Giratina, one of the best walls in the whole tier. I'm not sure about the presence of Psystrike because Psychic isn't very good coverage in the meta. Boomburst is a high powered move that is strong but it doesn't hit enough things SE. I'd personally recommend a set of King's Shield, Moonblast, Earth Power, and Magma Storm or Seed Flare. It's the most common MMY protean set, and is capable of hitting everything relevant in the meta for neutral or SE damage. Magma Storm allows Latios-Mega to beat Shedinja, but Seed Flare lets it beat Kyogre-Primal with ease.
Also, just a note, you have to space out your slashes. For example, you'd write
Magma Storm / Seed Flare
as opposed to
Magma Storm/Seed Flare
Otherwise it won't get uploaded correctly to the CMS

Moves:
Obviously those are going to be replaced with the new set, but your King's Shield writeup could use a bit of work. I'd recommend writing something like "King's Shield blocks Fake Outs by -ate users, as well as changing its type to Steel, which resists all -ates"

Set Details:
Elaborate more on your Protean line. Talk about how it can switch types to resist certain attacks, especially with King's Shield

Usage Tips:
You might want to change the weakened Imposter line to removed Imposter, because a weakened Imposter can still win the speed tie and OHKO

Team Options:
You might want to mention regular Chansey as a wall for this. If you have an Imposter on your team, it can effectively wall this set when not transformed (assuming the Chansey has recovery)
Also, you should elaborate on/rephrase this line:
A check to imposter such as Hoopa-U or Mega Gengar is generally handy
Mention how these sets can get rid of Chansey, which then allow Latios to switch in without fearing Chansey

Tinted Lens:Set:
I'm not sure if Milk Drink is the best move for this set to run. I think King's Shield might be a better option, because it's not going to have many chances to just use a recovery move. King's Shield lets it irritate many Pokemon that use Fake Out or contact moves in general. In particular, it would irritate most Mewtwo Mega X sets. It also allows scouting of moves, allowing you to switch something in safely. You might want to just add it as a slash though, I'm not sure.

Moves:
Split the Volt Switch / U-Turn thing into two separate bullet points

Set Details:
Mega Aggron is a bad example of a wall that Latios-Mega can break through. Aggron has horrendous SpD, and I bet it could kill it easily without even being Tinted Lens. I'd replace that with Registeel if it can in fact KO Registeel easily.

Team Options:

Contrary:I don't think this set is worth mentioning outside of Other Options. Anything that has a high Attack or Special Attack stat can run Contrary, but I don't think it's an amazingly viable strat. Most people have counters to Contrary, be it Flash Fire Aegislash, Imposter Chansey, Unaware users, or Prankster users.

Strategy Comments:Other Options:
Mega Latios can run the Shell Smash Stored Power set better than Gengar Mega can, remove that second part.

Checks and Counters:
Elaborate on the Prankster users point. What can they cripple Latios with? Don't just write Various means

Nice job!
Implimented, should be ready for the second QC check ^.^

MAMP

MAMP!
Overview:
I feel like you're underselling lati a bit here; mention its good speed tier and useful resistances to fire/water/fighting. As well, possibly mention the anti-imposter attributes of Soul Dew.

Set 1:
Move the 4 EVs from HP into one of your defenses, this is to ensure you have an odd HP stat and thus take less passive damage from hazards/weather etc.

Mention that King's Shield is also useful for scouting opponents moves, especially against scarf mons like groudon-p. Maybe specify exactly what Moonblast and Earth Power hit; ie, moonblast for giratina and ray, earth power for steels and groudon etc. 'Seed Flare can be used over Magma Storm' implies that Magma Storm is the preferred option (which it is), yet Seed Flare is listed as the first slash before Magma Storm on the set; Magma Storm should be the first slash.

Mention the Timid nature somewhere in Set Details.

"Latios should wait till the –ates are crippled via status/gone before coming in" I dont really agree with this, your set has King's Shield and thus should be able to handle most -ate sets. Mention that opponents can take advantage of a predicted Kings Shield to status you/set up. mention that you have to be very wary of knock off.

Remove the mention of Mega Steelix, that thing is ass + outclassed by Aggron-M. Replace with Aegislash (altho, I'm not sure that its correct to say that -ates threaten Lati, for the reason i stated earlier). I'm not really sure Gengar-M and Hoopa-U 'check' imposter per se; they do beat Imposter 1-on-1, but only if imposter switches into them, which no good player will do. Rather, mention imposter lures like illusion and fridge ray, as well as things like -ate and other Protean that can wear down imposter. Also mention the importance of having something to beat Lati if it gets impostered; chansey, regenvest, or just some other specially bulky mon are good options. The last line in team options is odd, in what circumstance will a non-transformed chansey be in against Lati? unless you are referring to non-imposter chansey, in which case most of those are fur coat with metal burst, which beats mm2x anyway.

Set 2:
Same as before with the 4 HP evs.

Make sure to describe the moves in the same order as they are listed on the set. Mention that Psystrike is necessary to hit the fairy types that can take Draco Meteor, and specify which special walls it does a lot of damage to (chansey, kyogre, ho-oh). "Draco meteor is another power STAB move that either 2HKOs a lot of non resists and OHKOs most, if not all, things it’s super effective against" Specifying non-resists is strange considering that Tinted Lens makes it so that nothing actually resists it, and saying that it OHKO's things its super effective against seems kinda unnecessary imo. just say that Draco Meteor hits pretty much the entire tier for huge damage. Recover and U-turn both seem like really poor options to me; Lati is too frail to be able to reliably Recover, and against the things it can safely recover against its usually better off just dropping a draco, and u-turn is seriously just so much worse than volt switch. hitting don isnt worth the huge loss in power, especially when you consider that draco ohkos don anyway. id move recover to OO, and scrap u-turn entirely. dont forget to describe kings shields role on the set, and id slash magma storm or infestation with it to hit shedinja.

Not sure why youre saying that lati speed ties with Kyu-B, Kyu-B has base 95 speed whereas Lati has 110. Giratina is a poor example here, as Lati can beat it easily without tinted lens, maybe mention registeel or aegislash instead. again, dont forget to mention the nature.

mention that you have to be very wary of knock off in usage tips. "Try to only use draco meteor only when you're 100% sure the opponent won't switch, as latios is very vulnerable after it's SpA drops" I disagree with this, the appeal of this set is that its nigh impossible to switch into, i.e the whole point is to just click draco and watch things drop.

in team options, you say that steels make for good partners, and then mention imposter chansey as an example. maybe just say that it pairs well with things that can take on -ates. also, mention that you need something to beat things impostering this set

Other Options:
This needs to be expanded massively. Mention other viable moves that the Protean set can run, like Volt Switch, Boomburst, and Steam Eruption. Give a mention to bulky boosting sets with quiver dance that are able to beat imposter thanks to imposter not copying soul dew. give a bit more description as to what sort of things you would run on a contrary/ss+stored power set, and say why they are not as effective as the main sets.

Checks and Counters:
Looks pretty good, but add a mention of non-imposter chansey. also, imposter chansey cant really 'switch in freely', as both listed sets can 2hko it.

jOfzXL6.gif

QC 2/3

Overview:
I feel like you're underselling lati a bit here; mention its good speed tier and useful resistances to fire/water/fighting. As well, possibly mention the anti-imposter attributes of Soul Dew.

Set 1:
Move the 4 EVs from HP into one of your defenses, this is to ensure you have an odd HP stat and thus take less passive damage from hazards/weather etc.

Mention that King's Shield is also useful for scouting opponents moves, especially against scarf mons like groudon-p. Maybe specify exactly what Moonblast and Earth Power hit; ie, moonblast for giratina and ray, earth power for steels and groudon etc. 'Seed Flare can be used over Magma Storm' implies that Magma Storm is the preferred option (which it is), yet Seed Flare is listed as the first slash before Magma Storm on the set; Magma Storm should be the first slash.

Mention the Timid nature somewhere in Set Details.

"Latios should wait till the –ates are crippled via status/gone before coming in" I dont really agree with this, your set has King's Shield and thus should be able to handle most -ate sets. Mention that opponents can take advantage of a predicted Kings Shield to status you/set up. mention that you have to be very wary of knock off.

Remove the mention of Mega Steelix, that thing is ass + outclassed by Aggron-M. Replace with Aegislash (altho, I'm not sure that its correct to say that -ates threaten Lati, for the reason i stated earlier). I'm not really sure Gengar-M and Hoopa-U 'check' imposter per se; they do beat Imposter 1-on-1, but only if imposter switches into them, which no good player will do. Rather, mention imposter lures like illusion and fridge ray, as well as things like -ate and other Protean that can wear down imposter. Also mention the importance of having something to beat Lati if it gets impostered; chansey, regenvest, or just some other specially bulky mon are good options. The last line in team options is odd, in what circumstance will a non-transformed chansey be in against Lati? unless you are referring to non-imposter chansey, in which case most of those are fur coat with metal burst, which beats mm2x anyway.

Set 2:
Same as before with the 4 HP evs.

Make sure to describe the moves in the same order as they are listed on the set. Mention that Psystrike is necessary to hit the fairy types that can take Draco Meteor, and specify which special walls it does a lot of damage to (chansey, kyogre, ho-oh). "Draco meteor is another power STAB move that either 2HKOs a lot of non resists and OHKOs most, if not all, things it’s super effective against" Specifying non-resists is strange considering that Tinted Lens makes it so that nothing actually resists it, and saying that it OHKO's things its super effective against seems kinda unnecessary imo. just say that Draco Meteor hits pretty much the entire tier for huge damage. Recover and U-turn both seem like really poor options to me; Lati is too frail to be able to reliably Recover, and against the things it can safely recover against its usually better off just dropping a draco, and u-turn is seriously just so much worse than volt switch. hitting don isnt worth the huge loss in power, especially when you consider that draco ohkos don anyway. id move recover to OO, and scrap u-turn entirely. dont forget to describe kings shields role on the set, and id slash magma storm or infestation with it to hit shedinja.

Not sure why youre saying that lati speed ties with Kyu-B, Kyu-B has base 95 speed whereas Lati has 110. Giratina is a poor example here, as Lati can beat it easily without tinted lens, maybe mention registeel or aegislash instead. again, dont forget to mention the nature.

mention that you have to be very wary of knock off in usage tips. "Try to only use draco meteor only when you're 100% sure the opponent won't switch, as latios is very vulnerable after it's SpA drops" I disagree with this, the appeal of this set is that its nigh impossible to switch into, i.e the whole point is to just click draco and watch things drop.

in team options, you say that steels make for good partners, and then mention imposter chansey as an example. maybe just say that it pairs well with things that can take on -ates. also, mention that you need something to beat things impostering this set

Other Options:
This needs to be expanded massively. Mention other viable moves that the Protean set can run, like Volt Switch, Boomburst, and Steam Eruption. Give a mention to bulky boosting sets with quiver dance that are able to beat imposter thanks to imposter not copying soul dew. give a bit more description as to what sort of things you would run on a contrary/ss+stored power set, and say why they are not as effective as the main sets.

Checks and Counters:
Looks pretty good, but add a mention of non-imposter chansey. also, imposter chansey cant really 'switch in freely', as both listed sets can 2hko it.

View attachment 44271
QC 2/3
Aight, implimented, will write up in a day or so

Overview: You should probably just say subpar physical bulk. Its special bulk is pretty good. Also, Soul Dew doesn't necessarily "get past" Imposter, it just makes Imposter-proofing easier.

Set Comments: Mention that Earth Power is good for other Steel-types like Aegislash and Dialga too.

Set Details: Mega Diancie can still "give Latios trouble" even with the speed ties, so I think you should remove that part.

Usage Tips: also mention MMX and Mega Gengar as faster threats.

Team Options: Instead of "checks to Imposters" say "Pokemon capable of checking Imposters" to be less vague. Also, Chansey doesn't have to be non-Imposter to serve as a check.

Other Set

Set Details: "Soul Dew is the item of choice as it acts as a free Choice Specs and boosts Mega Latios's already good base 160 special attack to much greater levels" isn't quite right. Say something like "Soul Dew provides a Choice Specs boost without locking Mega Latios into a move and also increases Special Defense."

Usage Tips: "But be weary of knock off from the likes of Mega Mewtwo X or defensive pokemon like Giratina" seems odd. You're not switching in to MMX, and Giratina isn't that notable of a Knock Off user. Maybe just say something like be wary of switching into Pokemon that may carry Knock Off, even defensive ones like Giratina.

Other Options: "Another possible set that Mega Latios can run is a Shell Smash + Stored Power set, which normally uses Shell Smash / Stored Power / Spacial Rend, but it's not as useful since Mega Latios struggles to find opportunities to setup." This set is also pretty imposter-weak, so you should mention that.

Checks and Counters: This section is a little weird right now. No Imposters besides Chansey are relevant, and non-Imposter Chansey also walls this set, so change that bullet point to just Chansey. As for the -ates, note that Mega Rayquaza can also be a threat to sets that don't carry King's Shield. Add a bullet point about Assault Vest + Regenerator users, and name a few specific ones, as their special bulk is high enough that they can wall Protean sets (not all can wall Tinted sets, however, because of Psystrike). As for Prankster users, Mega Slowbro can't switch in, so eliminate mentions of it. The ways that Prankster users can check this are Parting Shot and sleep in particular, so mention that. They don't really check it by virtue of being Prankster.

QC 3/3

One more thing: it doesn't seem like you've entirely implemented some specifics of the past QC feedback. I'd advise you to read through one more time and make sure you've thoroughly incorporated the suggestions. If you have any objections let me know.

Overview: You should probably just say subpar physical bulk. Its special bulk is pretty good. Also, Soul Dew doesn't necessarily "get past" Imposter, it just makes Imposter-proofing easier.

Set Comments: Mention that Earth Power is good for other Steel-types like Aegislash and Dialga too.

Set Details: Mega Diancie can still "give Latios trouble" even with the speed ties, so I think you should remove that part.

Usage Tips: also mention MMX and Mega Gengar as faster threats.

Team Options: Instead of "checks to Imposters" say "Pokemon capable of checking Imposters" to be less vague. Also, Chansey doesn't have to be non-Imposter to serve as a check.

Other Set

Set Details: "Soul Dew is the item of choice as it acts as a free Choice Specs and boosts Mega Latios's already good base 160 special attack to much greater levels" isn't quite right. Say something like "Soul Dew provides a Choice Specs boost without locking Mega Latios into a move and also increases Special Defense."

Usage Tips: "But be weary of knock off from the likes of Mega Mewtwo X or defensive pokemon like Giratina" seems odd. You're not switching in to MMX, and Giratina isn't that notable of a Knock Off user. Maybe just say something like be wary of switching into Pokemon that may carry Knock Off, even defensive ones like Giratina.

Other Options: "Another possible set that Mega Latios can run is a Shell Smash + Stored Power set, which normally uses Shell Smash / Stored Power / Spacial Rend, but it's not as useful since Mega Latios struggles to find opportunities to setup." This set is also pretty imposter-weak, so you should mention that.

Checks and Counters: This section is a little weird right now. No Imposters besides Chansey are relevant, and non-Imposter Chansey also walls this set, so change that bullet point to just Chansey. As for the -ates, note that Mega Rayquaza can also be a threat to sets that don't carry King's Shield. Add a bullet point about Assault Vest + Regenerator users, and name a few specific ones, as their special bulk is high enough that they can wall Protean sets (not all can wall Tinted sets, however, because of Psystrike). As for Prankster users, Mega Slowbro can't switch in, so eliminate mentions of it. The ways that Prankster users can check this are Parting Shot and sleep in particular, so mention that. They don't really check it by virtue of being Prankster.

QC 3/3

One more thing: it doesn't seem like you've entirely implemented some specifics of the past QC feedback. I'd advise you to read through one more time and make sure you've thoroughly incorporated the suggestions. If you have any objections let me know.
Implimented, gave the other suggestions another read through and fixed up some stuff that I missed. I think the analysis should be ready for GP now

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
sup, am check.

Haven't actually finished one of these in a while (I really ought to get faster at these >_<) but anywho hope this'll do

Also there's two general things that I want to mention

1. I'm not exactly well versed in the BH meta, but, given the allowed OM terms, is using Imposter to represent the mon or as a verb really allowed? If so then ignore any according changes I made

2. I dunno how exactly to fix it, but there's a constant contradiction in terms of Latios vs. Imposter users. You say that, due to the Soul Dew, Latios is able to face Imposter users more easily. Yet, at the same time, you note that Imposter users are amongst Latios' biggest threats. It just seems really off to me, maybe a bit of clarification?

Still tho, cool read o:

Additions
Removals
Comments

[OVERVIEW]

With a unique item in Soul Dew boosting its Special attack Attack and Special Defense to sky high levels and giving it the ability to get past imposter Imposter, Mega Latios is a powerhouse in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. Its good Dragon / Psychic typing gives it handy resistances to common offensive types like such as Fire, Water, (AC) and Fighting. But However, (AC) due to its sub par physical bulk, Mega Latios has trouble getting past pixilate Pixilate and refrigerate Refrigerate users, both of which it is weak to, and is very prone to knock off Knock Off due to the its reliance on Soul Dew. (add period)

[SET]

move 1: King’s Shield

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

King's Shield is a very useful move that allows Mega Latios to scout for moves and punish physical attackers with a drop to their an attack Attack drop. It also changes Mega Latios's type to Steel, which helps it deal with the -ates better since , (AC) as it resists all three of them. Moonblast and Earth Power have great coverage together, hitting and hit many common pokemon Pokemon like such as Registeel, Rayquaza, (AC) and Giratina very hard. Magma Storm, being a partial trapping move, helps Mega Latios deal with Sturdy Shedinja; (remove semicolon) , (AC) but the move has shaky accuracy and isn't very reliable. Seed Flare is another option that can be used to hit Primal Kyogre super effectively. (add period)
Set Details
==========

Maximum special attack Special Attack investment is used to heightens Mega Latios's firepower when combined with the soul dew Soul Dew. Max speed Maximum Speed investment and with a timid Timid nature is important to speed tie with other threats with base 110s 110 Speed like such as Mega Diancie. Protean is a great ability because it gives Mega Latios STAB on all of it's (remove apostrophe) moves. Protean also allows Mega Latios to switch types to resist certain moves, most notably King's Shield for the -ates. (add period)
Usage Tips
===========

Faster threats like such as Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Gengar, (AC) and Mega Rayquaza should be removed before Mega Latios enters the field, since as they pose a huge threat to it. Also be Be weary of Knock Off from defensive or offensive pokemon (It's a bit awkward how it's written. If needed, make it a bit more clear that Mega Latios fears Knock Off even if it is a defensive Pokemon), since as it removes Mega Latios's Soul Dew which and leaves it very underpowered. Also be sure that all imposter Imposter pokemon are gone before bringing Mega Latios in, as they can win a speed tie and KO even when weakened. (add period)

Team Options
============

As Seeing as one of the major threats to Mega Latios are the -ate users, it's good to have a steel type Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash to check them. Pokemon capable of checking imposters Imposter users such as Illusion lures, -ates, Mega Gengar, (AC) and Hoopa-Unbound are appreciated since it's risky for Mega Latios to take them on an imposter. In the circumstance that case Mega Latios has been is impostered and KO'd KOed by an Imposter user, it's important to have a check for Protean Mega Latios. Pokemon such as non-imposter non-Imposter chansey Chansey are very helpful for such a scenario. (add period)

[SET]

name: tinted lens Tinted Lens
evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is the main move of the set, and its a powerful STAB attack that hits a huge majority of the tier for massive amounts of damage. Psystrike is a secondary STAB attack that helps with getting around specially bulky pokemon Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Ho-Oh, (AC) and non-imposterImposter chansey Chansey by hitting them on their weaker defense Defense. Volt Switch is essential for keeping momentum on your side and hits decently hard even after a special attack Special Attack drop from Draco Meteor. King's Shield is useful for scouting moves, while Magma Storm can be used to get past Shedinja. (add period)

Set Details
===========

Maximum Special attack Attack and Max speed Speed investment with a Timid nature ensure that Mega Latios can hit as hard as possible while speed tying with other Pokemon with base 110s Speed like such as Mega Diancie. Tinted Lens is the ability of choice, (AC) as it gives Mega Latios unresisted coverage on between its two STABs moves. Soul Dew provides the equivalent of a Choice Specs boost without locking Mega Latios into a move and it while also increases increasing its Special Defense. (add period) (I mean you could also say that it's equivalent to having a free Calm Mind boost...)
Usage Tips
========

Most of the times Draco Meteor is the move of choice, since, (AC) with Tinted Lens, (AC) it is nearly impossible to switch into without something getting KO'd KOed or losing a major part of their health severely crippled. Be weary of pokemon Pokemon that carry Knock Off, even defensive ones like such as Giratina, since as losing Soul Dew's buffs is something Mega Latios does not appreciate. More often than not, (AC) switching Mega Latios in is risky, so creating free switches ins by using moves like such as U-turn or Volt Switch is optimal so that Mega Latios does not take unnecessary takes minimal damage. (add period)

Team Options
=============

Imposter Chansey and steel types Steel-types like such as Registeel or and Aegislash are very helpful, (AC) as they can check one of Mega Latios's main biggest threats, the -ates. Hazard setters are also pair well with Mega Latios since they help it wallbreak by whittling down walls and punishing switch-ins (add hyphen) with unnecessary residual damage or status. Pokemon that can give Mega Latios free switches ins are also good partners for Mega Latios, such as u-turn U-turn registeel Registeel or baton pass Baton Pass shedinja Shedinja. And finally Lastly, be sure to have a check for Mega Latios in case it gets impostered of opposing Imposter users, (RC) . (add period) pokemon Pokemon such as the -ates or faster attackers like Mega Mewtwo X are good for this purpose. (add period)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
==============

Protean Mega Latios has many more other viable moves that it can run, (RC) (I personally prefer having commas here but it's not consistent with the rest of the article :/) such as Boomburst, Volt Switch and Steam Eruption, but they are generally not as useful, (AC) as they do not cover have as much coverage. Mega Latios can also run a bulky Quiver Dance set that helps get past imposter Imposter since the Soul Dew boost is not copied. Another possible set that Mega Latios can run is a Shell Smash + Stored Power set, which normally uses Shell Smash / Stored Power / Spacial Rend, but it's not as useful since Mega Latios struggles to find opportunities to setup, (RC) it and is also very imposter Imposter-weak. Finally, Mega Latios can run a Contrary set, using high power moves like Draco Meteor / (remove slash) , (AC) Psycho Boost, (AC) and Overheat to constantly increase it's (remove apostrophe) special attack, but this set is very prone to imposters Imposter users even with the soul dew boost, so it isn't used as much. (add period)
Checks and Counters
====================

**Chansey**: Imposter Chansey is a problem for Mega Latios since it gets KO'd KOed if Chansey wins the speed tie. Non imposter Non-Imposter variants also are a problem to deal with due to their stellar bulk after eviolite boosts. (add period)

**The –ates**: Pokemon that abuse the abilities Refrigerate and Pixilate also threaten Mega Latios with a boosted fake outs/Extreme Speeds Fake Out and Extreme Speed which can KO when considering M-Latios’s Mega Latios due to its subpar physical bulk. Mega Rayquaza in particular is a major threat to non-King's Shield variants of Mega Latios. (add period)

**Prankster users**: Pokemon that use prankster Prankster ( , (AC) such as Registeel) , (AC) can come in on a resisted hit and cripple mega latios Mega Latios through by either putting it to sleep or decreasing it's (remove apostrophe) offenses by using with Parting Shot. (add period)

**Regenerator + Assault Vest users**: Pokemon like such as Regirock or Registeel that can use Regenerator + Assault Vest can give Mega Latios problems, (AC) as they are able to take a hit on the special side and heal it off by switching out. (add period)

1. I'm not exactly well versed in the BH meta, but, given the allowed OM terms, is using Imposter to represent the mon or as a verb really allowed? If so then ignore any according changes I made
It's very common to refer to Imposter as a verb because of how common it is in the meta. I'm not sure if it's officially allowed in C&C, tagging unfixable to clarify
2. I dunno how exactly to fix it, but there's a constant contradiction in terms of Latios vs. Imposter users. You say that, due to the Soul Dew, Latios is able to face Imposter users more easily. Yet, at the same time, you note that Imposter users are amongst Latios' biggest threats. It just seems really off to me, maybe a bit of clarification?
I should have mentioned this in my QC. Make it say that Soul Dew makes Imposters slightly weaker against one's own team but should not be the only precaution against them.

Edited because I wrote the original post on my phone and it had terrible formatting and grammar

Last edited:

Malley

Dominachu
Stamping Mr. Uncompetitive's amcheck for GP 1/2. Good check, just be careful with the small things like capitalisation, as vs. since, etc.

Mr. Uncompetitive / Malley
Additions /Additions
Removals / Removals/Changes
Comments / Comments

[OVERVIEW]

With a its unique item in Soul Dew boosting its Special attack Attack and Special Defense to sky-high (AH) levels and giving it the ability to get past imposter Imposter, Mega Latios is a powerhouse in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. Its good Dragon / Psychic typing gives it handy resistances to common offensive types like such as Fire, Water, (AC) and Fighting. But However, (AC)due to its subpar (Removed space) physical bulk, Mega Latios has trouble getting past pixilate Pixilate and refrigerate Refrigerate users, both of which it is weak to, and is very prone to knock off Knock Off due to the its reliance on Soul Dew. (add period)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

King's Shield is a very useful move that allows Mega Latios to scout for moves and punish physical attackers with a drop to their an attack Attack drop. It also changes Mega Latios's type to Steel, which helps it deal with the -ates better since , (AC) as it Steel resists all three of them. Moonblast and Earth Power have great coverage together, hitting and hit (I think 'hitting' is fine, since it is an explanation of the moves' great coverage) many common pokemon Pokemon like such as Registeel, Rayquaza, (AC) and Giratina very hard. Magma Storm, being a partial trapping move, helps Mega Latios deal with Sturdy Shedinja; (remove semicolon) , (AC) but the move has shaky accuracy and isn't very reliable. Seed Flare is another option, (AC) which that (This is an awkward one, but I'm pretty sure 'which' is correct here. Hitting Primal Kyogre super effectively is a facet of Seed Flare, not of it being another option, and Seed Flare is another option regardless of it hitting Primal Kyogre super effectively. If it were 'that', the sentence would mean 'Seed Flare is one of more than one options, together with something that has previously been mentioned, that can hit Primal Kyogre super effectively'. It might be best to change this to 'Seed Flare is another option, to hit Primal Kyogre super effectively'. Willing to discuss this.) can be used to hit Primal Kyogre super effectively. (add period)
Set Details
==========

Maximum special attack Special Attack investment is used to considerably (It heightens Mega Latios's firepower a certain amount anyway) heightens Mega Latios's firepower when combined with the soul dew Soul Dew. Max speed Maximum Speed investment and with a timid Timid nature is important to speed Speed tie with other threats with base 110s 110 Speed like such as Mega Diancie. Protean is a great ability because it gives Mega Latios STAB on all of it's (remove apostrophe) moves. Protean also allows Mega Latios to switch types to resist certain moves, most notably with King's Shield for the -ates. (add period)
Usage Tips
===========

Faster threats like such as Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Gengar, (AC) and Mega Rayquaza should be removed before Mega Latios enters the field, since as they pose a huge threat to it. Also be Be weary of Knock Off from defensive or offensive pokemon (It's a bit awkward how it's written. If needed, make it a bit more clear that Mega Latios fears Knock Off even if it is a defensive Pokemon), since as it removes Mega Latios's Soul Dew which and leaves it very underpowered. Also be sure that all imposter Imposter pokemon Pokemon are gone before bringing Mega Latios in, as they can win a speed Speed tie and KO even when weakened. (add period)

Team Options
============

As Seeing as one some of the major threats to Mega Latios are the -ate users, it's good to have a steel type Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash to check them. Pokemon capable of checking imposters Imposter users such as Illusion lures, -ates, Mega Gengar, (AC) and Hoopa-Unbound are appreciated since it's risky for Mega Latios to take them on an imposter. In the circumstance that case Mega Latios has been is impostered and KO'd KOed by an Imposter user, it's important to have a check for Protean Mega Latios. Pokemon such as non-imposter non-Imposter chansey Chansey are very helpful for such a scenario. (add period)

[SET]

evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def (Wrong order - change them around)

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is the main move of the set, and its a powerful STAB attack that hits a huge majority of the tier for massive amounts of damage. Psystrike is a secondary STAB attack that helps with getting around specially bulky pokemon Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Ho-Oh, (AC) and non-imposterImposter chansey Chansey by hitting them based on their weaker defenseDefense. Volt Switch is essential for keeping momentum on your side and hits decently hard even after a special attack Special Attack drop from Draco Meteor. King's Shield is useful for scouting moves, while Magma Storm can be used to get past Shedinja. (add period)

Set Details
===========

Maximum Special attack Attack and Max speed Speed investment with a Timid nature ensure that Mega Latios can hit as hard as possible while speed Speed tying with other Pokemon with base 110s Speed like such as Mega Diancie. Tinted Lens is the ability of choice, (AC) as it gives Mega Latios unresisted coverage on between its two STABs moves. Soul Dew provides the equivalent of a Choice Specs boost without locking Mega Latios into a move and it while also increases increasing its Special Defense. (add period) (I mean you could also say that it's equivalent to having a free Calm Mind boost...) (Really pernickety, but it's not exactly like either. Soul Dew gives a 1.5x boost, not a +1 boost, meaning that after a Draco Meteor Latios isn't just at -1. I think it's at 75% (50% * 1.5) compared to the 67% of -1. I actually just tested this and it's confirmed, if anyone wants the replay)
Usage Tips
========

Most of the times Draco Meteor is the move of choice, since as, (AC) with Tinted Lens, (AC) it is nearly impossible to switch into without something getting KO'd KOed or losing a major part of their health severely crippled. Be weary of pokemon Pokemon that carry Knock Off, even defensive ones like such as Giratina, since as losing Soul Dew's buffs is something Mega Latios does not appreciate. More often than not, (AC) switching Mega Latios in is risky, so creating free switches ins by using moves like such as U-turn or Volt Switch is optimal so that Mega Latios does not take unnecessary takes minimal damage. (add period)
Team Options
=============

Imposter Chansey and steel types Steel-types like such as Registeel or and Aegislash are very helpful, (AC) as they can check one some of Mega Latios's main biggest threats, the -ates. Hazard setters are also pair well with Mega Latios, (AC) as since they help it wallbreak by whittling down walls and punishing switch-ins (add hyphen) with unnecessary residual damage or status. Pokemon that can give Mega Latios free switches ins are also good partners for Mega Latios, such as u-turn U-turn registeel Registeel and or baton pass Baton Pass shedinja Shedinja. And finally Lastly, be sure to have a check for Mega Latios in case it gets impostered of opposing Imposter users, (RC) . (add period) pokemon Pokemon such as the -ates or faster attackers like such as Mega Mewtwo X are good for this purpose. (add period)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
==============

Protean Mega Latios has many more other viable moves that it can run, (RC) (I personally prefer having commas here but it's not consistent with the rest of the article :/) (I think it would be better to bracket off the 'such as' clause in commas because it is subtly different to other ones in the analysis - given that 'other viable moves' is in the main clause, the 'such as' here is entirely for the sake of example; in previous examples, such as 'Steel-types such as Registeel and Aegislash are very helpful', the 'such as Registeel and Aegislash' is necessary because it is clarifying what kinds of Steel-types could be helpful, not simply giving examples of Steel-types, all of which would be helpful. Again, willing to discuss) such as Boomburst, Volt Switch and Steam Eruption, but they are generally not as useful, (AC) as they do not cover have as much coverage. Mega Latios can also run a bulky Quiver Dance set that helps get past imposter Imposter since the Soul Dew boost is not copied. Another possible set that Mega Latios can run is a Shell Smash + Stored Power set, which normally uses Shell Smash / Stored Power / Spacial Rend, but it's not as useful since because Mega Latios struggles to find opportunities to setup, (RC) it and is also very imposter Imposter-weak. Finally, Mega Latios can run a Contrary set, using high-power (AH) moves like Draco Meteor / (remove slash) , (AC) Psycho Boost, (AC) and Overheat to constantly increase it's (remove apostrophe) special attack Special Attack, but this set is very prone to imposters Imposter users even with the soul dew Soul Dew boost, so it isn't used as much. (add period)
Checks and Counters
====================

**Chansey**: Imposter Chansey is a problem for Mega Latios since it Latios gets KO'd KOed if Chansey wins the speed tie. Non imposter Non-Imposter variants also are a problem to deal with due to their stellar bulk after eviolite Eviolite boosts. (add period)

**The –ates**: Pokemon that abuse use (I guess 'abuse' is fine for a bit of flavour, but's it a bit too loaded) the abilities Refrigerate and Pixilate also threaten Mega Latios with a (This 'a' was from the amcheck) boosted fake outs/Extreme Speeds Fake Outs and Extreme Speeds, (AC) which can KO when considering M-Latios’s Mega Latios due to its subpar physical bulk. Mega Rayquaza in particular is a major threat to non-King's Shield variants of Mega Latios. (add period)

**Prankster users**: Pokemon that use prankster Prankster ( , (AC) such as Registeel) , (AC) can come in on a resisted hit and cripple mega latios Mega Latios through by either putting it to sleep or decreasing it's (remove apostrophe) offenses by using with Parting Shot. (add period)

**Regenerator + Assault Vest users**: Pokemon like such as Regirock or Registeel that can use Regenerator + Assault Vest, (AC) such as Regirock and Registeel, (AC) can give Mega Latios problems, (AC) as they are able to take a hit on the special side and heal it off by switching out. (add period)

I had some formatting problems, so ignore any random spaces or line breaks that may have appeared. If they're not marked, they're not supposed to be there.

Stamping Mr. Uncompetitive's amcheck for GP 1/2. Good check, just be careful with the small things like capitalisation, as vs. since, etc.

Mr. Uncompetitive / Malley
Additions /Additions
Removals / Removals/Changes
Comments / Comments

[OVERVIEW]

With a its unique item in Soul Dew boosting its Special attack Attack and Special Defense to sky-high (AH) levels and giving it the ability to get past imposter Imposter, Mega Latios is a powerhouse in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. Its good Dragon / Psychic typing gives it handy resistances to common offensive types like such as Fire, Water, (AC) and Fighting. But However, (AC)due to its subpar (Removed space) physical bulk, Mega Latios has trouble getting past pixilate Pixilate and refrigerate Refrigerate users, both of which it is weak to, and is very prone to knock off Knock Off due to the its reliance on Soul Dew. (add period)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

King's Shield is a very useful move that allows Mega Latios to scout for moves and punish physical attackers with a drop to their an attack Attack drop. It also changes Mega Latios's type to Steel, which helps it deal with the -ates better since , (AC) as it Steel resists all three of them. Moonblast and Earth Power have great coverage together, hitting and hit (I think 'hitting' is fine, since it is an explanation of the moves' great coverage) many common pokemon Pokemon like such as Registeel, Rayquaza, (AC) and Giratina very hard. Magma Storm, being a partial trapping move, helps Mega Latios deal with Sturdy Shedinja; (remove semicolon) , (AC) but the move has shaky accuracy and isn't very reliable. Seed Flare is another option, (AC) which that (This is an awkward one, but I'm pretty sure 'which' is correct here. Hitting Primal Kyogre super effectively is a facet of Seed Flare, not of it being another option, and Seed Flare is another option regardless of it hitting Primal Kyogre super effectively. If it were 'that', the sentence would mean 'Seed Flare is one of more than one options, together with something that has previously been mentioned, that can hit Primal Kyogre super effectively'. It might be best to change this to 'Seed Flare is another option, to hit Primal Kyogre super effectively'. Willing to discuss this.) can be used to hit Primal Kyogre super effectively. (add period)
Set Details
==========

Maximum special attack Special Attack investment is used to considerably (It heightens Mega Latios's firepower a certain amount anyway) heightens Mega Latios's firepower when combined with the soul dew Soul Dew. Max speed Maximum Speed investment and with a timid Timid nature is important to speed Speed tie with other threats with base 110s 110 Speed like such as Mega Diancie. Protean is a great ability because it gives Mega Latios STAB on all of it's (remove apostrophe) moves. Protean also allows Mega Latios to switch types to resist certain moves, most notably with King's Shield for the -ates. (add period)
Usage Tips
===========

Faster threats like such as Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Gengar, (AC) and Mega Rayquaza should be removed before Mega Latios enters the field, since as they pose a huge threat to it. Also be Be weary of Knock Off from defensive or offensive pokemon (It's a bit awkward how it's written. If needed, make it a bit more clear that Mega Latios fears Knock Off even if it is a defensive Pokemon), since as it removes Mega Latios's Soul Dew which and leaves it very underpowered. Also be sure that all imposter Imposter pokemon Pokemon are gone before bringing Mega Latios in, as they can win a speed Speed tie and KO even when weakened. (add period)

Team Options
============

As Seeing as one some of the major threats to Mega Latios are the -ate users, it's good to have a steel type Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash to check them. Pokemon capable of checking imposters Imposter users such as Illusion lures, -ates, Mega Gengar, (AC) and Hoopa-Unbound are appreciated since it's risky for Mega Latios to take them on an imposter. In the circumstance that case Mega Latios has been is impostered and KO'd KOed by an Imposter user, it's important to have a check for Protean Mega Latios. Pokemon such as non-imposter non-Imposter chansey Chansey are very helpful for such a scenario. (add period)

[SET]

evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def (Wrong order - change them around)

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is the main move of the set, and its a powerful STAB attack that hits a huge majority of the tier for massive amounts of damage. Psystrike is a secondary STAB attack that helps with getting around specially bulky pokemon Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Ho-Oh, (AC) and non-imposterImposter chansey Chansey by hitting them based on their weaker defenseDefense. Volt Switch is essential for keeping momentum on your side and hits decently hard even after a special attack Special Attack drop from Draco Meteor. King's Shield is useful for scouting moves, while Magma Storm can be used to get past Shedinja. (add period)

Set Details
===========

Maximum Special attack Attack and Max speed Speed investment with a Timid nature ensure that Mega Latios can hit as hard as possible while speed Speed tying with other Pokemon with base 110s Speed like such as Mega Diancie. Tinted Lens is the ability of choice, (AC) as it gives Mega Latios unresisted coverage on between its two STABs moves. Soul Dew provides the equivalent of a Choice Specs boost without locking Mega Latios into a move and it while also increases increasing its Special Defense. (add period) (I mean you could also say that it's equivalent to having a free Calm Mind boost...) (Really pernickety, but it's not exactly like either. Soul Dew gives a 1.5x boost, not a +1 boost, meaning that after a Draco Meteor Latios isn't just at -1. I think it's at 75% (50% * 1.5) compared to the 67% of -1. I actually just tested this and it's confirmed, if anyone wants the replay)
Usage Tips
========

Most of the times Draco Meteor is the move of choice, since as, (AC) with Tinted Lens, (AC) it is nearly impossible to switch into without something getting KO'd KOed or losing a major part of their health severely crippled. Be weary of pokemon Pokemon that carry Knock Off, even defensive ones like such as Giratina, since as losing Soul Dew's buffs is something Mega Latios does not appreciate. More often than not, (AC) switching Mega Latios in is risky, so creating free switches ins by using moves like such as U-turn or Volt Switch is optimal so that Mega Latios does not take unnecessary takes minimal damage. (add period)
Team Options
=============

Imposter Chansey and steel types Steel-types like such as Registeel or and Aegislash are very helpful, (AC) as they can check one some of Mega Latios's main biggest threats, the -ates. Hazard setters are also pair well with Mega Latios, (AC) as since they help it wallbreak by whittling down walls and punishing switch-ins (add hyphen) with unnecessary residual damage or status. Pokemon that can give Mega Latios free switches ins are also good partners for Mega Latios, such as u-turn U-turn registeel Registeel and or baton pass Baton Pass shedinja Shedinja. And finally Lastly, be sure to have a check for Mega Latios in case it gets impostered of opposing Imposter users, (RC) . (add period) pokemon Pokemon such as the -ates or faster attackers like such as Mega Mewtwo X are good for this purpose. (add period)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
==============

Protean Mega Latios has many more other viable moves that it can run, (RC) (I personally prefer having commas here but it's not consistent with the rest of the article :/) (I think it would be better to bracket off the 'such as' clause in commas because it is subtly different to other ones in the analysis - given that 'other viable moves' is in the main clause, the 'such as' here is entirely for the sake of example; in previous examples, such as 'Steel-types such as Registeel and Aegislash are very helpful', the 'such as Registeel and Aegislash' is necessary because it is clarifying what kinds of Steel-types could be helpful, not simply giving examples of Steel-types, all of which would be helpful. Again, willing to discuss) such as Boomburst, Volt Switch and Steam Eruption, but they are generally not as useful, (AC) as they do not cover have as much coverage. Mega Latios can also run a bulky Quiver Dance set that helps get past imposter Imposter since the Soul Dew boost is not copied. Another possible set that Mega Latios can run is a Shell Smash + Stored Power set, which normally uses Shell Smash / Stored Power / Spacial Rend, but it's not as useful since because Mega Latios struggles to find opportunities to setup, (RC) it and is also very imposter Imposter-weak. Finally, Mega Latios can run a Contrary set, using high-power (AH) moves like Draco Meteor / (remove slash) , (AC) Psycho Boost, (AC) and Overheat to constantly increase it's (remove apostrophe) special attack Special Attack, but this set is very prone to imposters Imposter users even with the soul dew Soul Dew boost, so it isn't used as much. (add period)
Checks and Counters
====================

**Chansey**: Imposter Chansey is a problem for Mega Latios since it Latios gets KO'd KOed if Chansey wins the speed tie. Non imposter Non-Imposter variants also are a problem to deal with due to their stellar bulk after eviolite Eviolite boosts. (add period)

**The –ates**: Pokemon that abuse use (I guess 'abuse' is fine for a bit of flavour, but's it a bit too loaded) the abilities Refrigerate and Pixilate also threaten Mega Latios with a (This 'a' was from the amcheck) boosted fake outs/Extreme Speeds Fake Outs and Extreme Speeds, (AC) which can KO when considering M-Latios’s Mega Latios due to its subpar physical bulk. Mega Rayquaza in particular is a major threat to non-King's Shield variants of Mega Latios. (add period)

**Regenerator + Assault Vest users**: Pokemon like such as Regirock or Registeel that can use Regenerator + Assault Vest, (AC) such as Regirock and Registeel, (AC) can give Mega Latios problems, (AC) as they are able to take a hit on the special side and heal it off by switching out. (add period)

I had some formatting problems, so ignore any random spaces or line breaks that may have appeared. If they're not marked, they're not supposed to be there.
Implemented ^.^ sorry if it took a bit, had some stuff to do irl. It should be ready for the second GP check now

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hack_Guy

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

[OVERVIEW]

With its unique item in Soul Dew boosting its Special Attack and Special Defense to sky-high levels, Mega Latios is a powerhouse in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. Its good Dragon / Psychic typing gives it handy resistances to common offensive types such as Fire, Water, and Fighting. By holding a Soul Dew, Mega Latios has an easier time getting past Imposters, but it doesn't make Mega Latios completely Imposter-proof. However, due to its subpar physical bulk, Mega Latios has trouble getting past Pixilate and Refrigerate users, both of which it is weak to, and is very prone vulnerable to Knock Off due to its reliance on Soul Dew.

[SET]

move 1: King's straight apostrophe Shield

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

King's Shield is a very useful move that allows Mega Latios to scout for moves and punish physical attackers with an Attack drop. It also changes Mega Latios's type to Steel, which helps it deal with the -ate abilities better, as it resists all three of them. Moonblast and Earth Power have great coverage together, hitting many common Pokemon such as Registeel, Rayquaza, and Giratina very hard. Magma Storm, being a partial trapping move, helps Mega Latios deal with Sturdy Shedinja, (comma) but the move has shaky accuracy. Seed Flare is another option which can be used to hit Primal Kyogre super effectively.

Set Details
==========

Maximum Special Attack investment considerably heightens Mega Latios's firepower when combined with the Soul Dew. Maximum Speed investment with a Timid nature is important to Speed tie with other threats with base 110 Speed such as Mega Diancie. Protean is a great ability because it gives Mega Latios a STAB boost on all its moves. Protean also allows Mega Latios to switch types to resist certain moves, most notably with King's Shield for the -ates.

Usage Tips
===========

Faster threats such as Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Gengar, and Mega Rayquaza should be removed before Mega Latios enters the field, as they pose a huge threat to it. Be wary of Knock Off, even from defensive Pokemon, since as it removes Mega Latios's Soul Dew, (AC) which leaves it very underpowered. Also be sure that all Imposter Pokemon are gone before bringing Mega Latios in, as they can win a Speed tie and KO even when weakened

Team Options
============

Seeing as some of the threats to Mega Latios are the -ate users, it's good to have a Steel- type such as Registeel or Aegislash to check them. Pokemon capable of checking Imposter users such as Illusion lures, -ate users, Mega Gengar, and Hoopa Unbound are appreciated since because it's risky for Mega Latios to take them on. In case Mega Latios is KOed by an Imposter user, it's important to have a check for Protean Mega Latios. Pokemon such as non-Imposter Chansey are very helpful for such a scenario.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB attack that hits a huge majority of the tier for massive damage. Psystrike is a secondary STAB attack that helps with getting around specially bulky Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Ho-Oh, (AC) and non-Imposter Chansey by hitting them based on their weaker Defense. Volt Switch is essential for keeping momentum on your side and hits decently hard even after a Special Attack drop from Draco Meteor. King's Shield is useful for scouting moves, while Magma Storm can be used to get past Sturdy Shedinja.

Set Details
===========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment with a Timid nature ensures that Mega Latios can hit as hard as possible while Speed tying with other Pokemon with base 110 Speed such as Mega Diancie. Tinted Lens is the ability of choice, as it gives Mega Latios unresisted coverage between its two STAB moves. Soul Dew provides a Choice Specs boost without locking Mega Latios into a move while also increasing its Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time Draco Meteor is the move of choice, as, with Tinted Lens, it is nearly impossible to switch into without something getting KOed or severely crippled. Be wary of Pokemon that carry Knock Off, even defensive ones such as Giratina, as losing Soul Dew's buffs is something Mega Latios does not appreciate. More often than not switching Mega Latios in is risky, so creating free switch ins switches by using moves like such as U-turn or Volt Switch is optimal so that Mega Latios does not take unnecessary damage

Team Options
=============

Imposter Chansey and Steel-types such as Registeel and Aegislash are very helpful as they can check some of Mega Latios's biggest threats, the -ate users. Entry hazard setters also pair well with Mega Latios since because they help it wallbreak by whittling down walls and punishing switch-ins with residual damage or status. Pokemon that can give Mega Latios free switches are also good partners, such as U-turn Registeel and Baton Pass Shedinja. Lastly, be sure to have a check for Mega Latios in case of opposing Imposter users. Pokemon such as the -ates Pokemon or faster attackers such as Mega Mewtwo X are good for this purpose.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
==============

Protean Mega Latios has many other viable moves that it can run, such as Boomburst, Volt Switch and Steam Eruption, but they are generally not as useful, as they do not have as much coverage. Mega Latios can also run a bulky Quiver Dance set that helps get past Imposter since because the Soul Dew boost is not copied. Another possible set that Mega Latios can run is a Shell Smash + Stored Power set, which normally uses Shell Smash / Stored Power / Spacial Rend, but it's not as useful because Mega Latios struggles to find opportunities to set up and is also very Imposter weak. this isn't being applied as one adjective..."it is well known" is correct, but so is "it is a well-known Pokemon" Finally, Mega Latios can run a Contrary set, using high-power moves like such as Draco Meteor, Psycho Boost, (AC) and Overheat to constantly increase its Special Attack, but this set is very prone to Imposter users even with the Soul Dew boost, so it isn't used as much.

Checks and Counters
====================

**Chansey**: Imposter Chansey is a problem for Mega Latios since because Latios gets KOed if Chansey wins the Speed tie. Non-Imposter variants also are a problem to deal with due to their stellar bulk after Eviolite boosts.

**The –ates**: check the standards to see the final verdict on this Pokemon that use the abilities Refrigerate and Pixilate threaten Mega Latios with boosted Fake Outs and Extreme Speeds which can KO Mega Latios due to its subpar physical bulk. Mega Rayquaza in particular is a major threat to non-King's Shield variants of Mega Latios.

**Prankster Users**: Pokemon that use Prankster, such as Registeel, can come in on a resisted hit and cripple Mega Latios by either putting it to sleep or decreasing its offenses with Parting Shot.

**Regenerator + Assault Vest Users**: Pokemon that use Regenerator + Assault Vest, such as Regirock and Registeel, can give Mega Latios problems as they are able to take a hit on the special attack side and heal it off by switching out.

2/2

Malley and Mr. Uncompetitive just give this a quick glance to get an update on OM spelling grammar standards, as well as anything else!

Hack_Guy

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

[OVERVIEW]

With its unique item in Soul Dew boosting its Special Attack and Special Defense to sky-high levels, Mega Latios is a powerhouse in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. Its good Dragon / Psychic typing gives it handy resistances to common offensive types such as Fire, Water, and Fighting. By holding a Soul Dew, Mega Latios has an easier time getting past Imposters, but it doesn't make Mega Latios completely Imposter-proof. However, due to its subpar physical bulk, Mega Latios has trouble getting past Pixilate and Refrigerate users, both of which it is weak to, and is very prone vulnerable to Knock Off due to its reliance on Soul Dew.

[SET]

move 1: King's straight apostrophe Shield

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

King's Shield is a very useful move that allows Mega Latios to scout for moves and punish physical attackers with an Attack drop. It also changes Mega Latios's type to Steel, which helps it deal with the -ate abilities better, as it resists all three of them. Moonblast and Earth Power have great coverage together, hitting many common Pokemon such as Registeel, Rayquaza, and Giratina very hard. Magma Storm, being a partial trapping move, helps Mega Latios deal with Sturdy Shedinja, (comma) but the move has shaky accuracy. Seed Flare is another option which can be used to hit Primal Kyogre super effectively.

Set Details
==========

Maximum Special Attack investment considerably heightens Mega Latios's firepower when combined with the Soul Dew. Maximum Speed investment with a Timid nature is important to Speed tie with other threats with base 110 Speed such as Mega Diancie. Protean is a great ability because it gives Mega Latios a STAB boost on all its moves. Protean also allows Mega Latios to switch types to resist certain moves, most notably with King's Shield for the -ates.

Usage Tips
===========

Faster threats such as Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Gengar, and Mega Rayquaza should be removed before Mega Latios enters the field, as they pose a huge threat to it. Be wary of Knock Off, even from defensive Pokemon, since as it removes Mega Latios's Soul Dew, (AC) which leaves it very underpowered. Also be sure that all Imposter Pokemon are gone before bringing Mega Latios in, as they can win a Speed tie and KO even when weakened

Team Options
============

Seeing as some of the threats to Mega Latios are the -ate users, it's good to have a Steel- type such as Registeel or Aegislash to check them. Pokemon capable of checking Imposter users such as Illusion lures, -ate users, Mega Gengar, and Hoopa Unbound are appreciated since because it's risky for Mega Latios to take them on. In case Mega Latios is KOed by an Imposter user, it's important to have a check for Protean Mega Latios. Pokemon such as non-Imposter Chansey are very helpful for such a scenario.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB attack that hits a huge majority of the tier for massive damage. Psystrike is a secondary STAB attack that helps with getting around specially bulky Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Ho-Oh, (AC) and non-Imposter Chansey by hitting them based on their weaker Defense. Volt Switch is essential for keeping momentum on your side and hits decently hard even after a Special Attack drop from Draco Meteor. King's Shield is useful for scouting moves, while Magma Storm can be used to get past Sturdy Shedinja.

Set Details
===========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment with a Timid nature ensures that Mega Latios can hit as hard as possible while Speed tying with other Pokemon with base 110 Speed such as Mega Diancie. Tinted Lens is the ability of choice, as it gives Mega Latios unresisted coverage between its two STAB moves. Soul Dew provides a Choice Specs boost without locking Mega Latios into a move while also increasing its Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time Draco Meteor is the move of choice, as, with Tinted Lens, it is nearly impossible to switch into without something getting KOed or severely crippled. Be wary of Pokemon that carry Knock Off, even defensive ones such as Giratina, as losing Soul Dew's buffs is something Mega Latios does not appreciate. More often than not switching Mega Latios in is risky, so creating free switch ins switches by using moves like such as U-turn or Volt Switch is optimal so that Mega Latios does not take unnecessary damage

Team Options
=============

Imposter Chansey and Steel-types such as Registeel and Aegislash are very helpful as they can check some of Mega Latios's biggest threats, the -ate users. Entry hazard setters also pair well with Mega Latios since because they help it wallbreak by whittling down walls and punishing switch-ins with residual damage or status. Pokemon that can give Mega Latios free switches are also good partners, such as U-turn Registeel and Baton Pass Shedinja. Lastly, be sure to have a check for Mega Latios in case of opposing Imposter users. Pokemon such as the -ates Pokemon or faster attackers such as Mega Mewtwo X are good for this purpose.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
==============

Protean Mega Latios has many other viable moves that it can run, such as Boomburst, Volt Switch and Steam Eruption, but they are generally not as useful, as they do not have as much coverage. Mega Latios can also run a bulky Quiver Dance set that helps get past Imposter since because the Soul Dew boost is not copied. Another possible set that Mega Latios can run is a Shell Smash + Stored Power set, which normally uses Shell Smash / Stored Power / Spacial Rend, but it's not as useful because Mega Latios struggles to find opportunities to set up and is also very Imposter weak. this isn't being applied as one adjective..."it is well known" is correct, but so is "it is a well-known Pokemon" Finally, Mega Latios can run a Contrary set, using high-power moves like such as Draco Meteor, Psycho Boost, (AC) and Overheat to constantly increase its Special Attack, but this set is very prone to Imposter users even with the Soul Dew boost, so it isn't used as much.

Checks and Counters
====================

**Chansey**: Imposter Chansey is a problem for Mega Latios since because Latios gets KOed if Chansey wins the Speed tie. Non-Imposter variants also are a problem to deal with due to their stellar bulk after Eviolite boosts.

**The –ates**: check the standards to see the final verdict on this Pokemon that use the abilities Refrigerate and Pixilate threaten Mega Latios with boosted Fake Outs and Extreme Speeds which can KO Mega Latios due to its subpar physical bulk. Mega Rayquaza in particular is a major threat to non-King's Shield variants of Mega Latios.

**Regenerator + Assault Vest Users**: Pokemon that use Regenerator + Assault Vest, such as Regirock and Registeel, can give Mega Latios problems as they are able to take a hit on the special attack side and heal it off by switching out.

2/2

Malley and Mr. Uncompetitive just give this a quick glance to get an update on OM spelling grammar standards, as well as anything else!
Implemented! I think this should be done now n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)