[Balanced Hackmons] Mega Latias

Status
Not open for further replies.
latios-mega.gif

Mega Latias is viable in BH in her own right thanks to her combination of bulk and power. In some situations, her brother Latios outclasses her, but that by no means says that she isn't viable still thanks to her bulk.

Contrary Abuse

Latias-Mega @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- V-create
- Leaf Storm / Oblivion Wing / Giga Drain / Infestation / King's Shield / Spiky Shield

Set Details:
A very straight-forward, standard set that takes advantage of Contrary to boost your stats. 252 Spe and SpA EVs let Latias be as fast as possible and hit as hard as possible. Having a Life Orb will let you deal more damage to your foes but at the cost of health.

Usage Tips:
Spam the right move and hope your opponent can't KO you or that they don't send out a Sturdy Shedinja.

Moves:
Draco Meteor is the primary move of the set, hitting hard off of her base 140 SpA stat and then boosting it 2 stages.
Overheat is here for coverage while also boosting your stats.
V-Create is here to further enhance Latias's bulk and speed. After a single boost, you can easily outspeed the entire unboosted metagame.
Leaf Storm takes the last slot to OHKO Mega Diancie, who would other wise wall Latias. Alternately, you can put Oblivion Wing or Giga Drain if the Life Orb's recoil damage is a concern for you.

Counters:

- Sturdy Shedinja.

- Anything bulky enough with Unaware.

Bulky Late-Game Sweeper: (OMG THAT BULK!)
Latias-Mega (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heal Order
- Dragon Pulse / Shadow Ball / Night Daze
- Flamethrower / Aura Sphere / Infestation / Leech Seed / Cotton Guard / Magic Coat / Volt Switch

Set Details:
If you thought Lugia was bulky, you haven't seen ANYTHING yet until you've witnessed this Latias variant in action The EVs in HP and Def ensure that her defenses go through the roof when paired with Fur Coat. The 88 Spe EVs lets Latias outspeed Mega Mewtwo Y after just one Quiver Dance. The Soul Dew and Fur Coat combo on Latias makes so bulky that it's nearly impossible to take her down in one hit. Here's some proof:
  • +2 252+ Atk Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 200 HP / 220+ Def Fur Coat Mega Latias: 296-350 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Giga Impact vs. 200 HP / 220+ Def Fur Coat Mega Latias: 219-258 (62.3 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Soul Dew Mega Latias: 195-231 (55.5 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Pixilate Mega Diancie Fake Out + Extreme Speed vs. 200 HP / 220+ Def Fur Coat Mega Latias: 194-230 (55.2 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
If these calcs don't prove that Latias can take a hit on the physical side, then I don't know what will. To put this bulk in perspective, Latias takes less damage than Imposter Blissey would from Aerilate MegaRay's attacks. That's just plain scary.

Usage Tips:
Keep Latias away from any Imposter Pokémon at ALL costs. If Latias has 714 HP, this happens:
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Explosion vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Fur Coat (Imposter Blissey copying Mega Latias): 363-427 (50.8 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Exactly. So don't let the pink blobs ruin your day. Also, keep in mind that this Latias was designed to be a tank, not a true wall.

Team Options:
Shedinja makes a great teammate as the pair requires much the same support, and if your opponent throws an Imposter blob at you, you still have options. Anything that properly support Shedinja as well as get rid of it are good Pokémon to have.

Moves:
Quiver Dance is the main move of the set, boosting her SpA, SpD and Spe with each use. After just one, Latias will be extremely difficult to take down. And as a bonus, she gets faster and hits harder too.

Heal Order
or Recover takes the second slot with a recovery option that makes her even harder and more annoying to take down. (As if she wasn't bulky enough already!)

Dragon Pulse
takes the third slot here for STAB and the ability to take down the overwhelming number of Dragon-Types in the meta. The reason why we are choosing Dragon Pulse over Spacial Rend is a PP argument. Alternately, you may run Shadow Ball here to pair it with Aura Sphere for unresisted coverage with the limited slots we have. You MUST have Night Daze or Dark Pulse here if you plan on having anything other than Aura Sphere and Flamethrower as your last move.

Flamethrower
takes the third slot for its near-perfect coverage with Dragon Pulse. Again, the argument for Flamethrower is PP. This slot has a lot of options which make this Latias variant extremely versatile. If you have anything other than Flamethrower or Aura Sphere here, I strongly suggest you run Night Daze or Dark Pulse because the Dark-Type is only resisted by Fairy and itself and nothing is immune to it.

Counters:

Sturdy Shedinja is probably the hardest counter to Latias there is. Just be careful about moves meant to take it down.

Refrigerate Kyurem can KO before Latias gets the chance to get going, especially scarfed Kyurem-W.

Pixilate Mega Diancie can deal serious damage to Latias, but only if she has Boomburst.

Special Wall:
TBD

9destra,

This is not the correct C&C format. Please refer to this thread for the proper format. Also, you must wait until myself or Eevee General approve your analysis before posting. Since I see you are new, I would refer to this thread and this thread to help you get more adjusted to C&C.

I'm very happy that you're eager to contribute to OM C&C, and I'm glad that you put a lot of effort into this, but I'm going to have to lock this for now. I'm terribly sorry, but it was not approved and it does not conform to C&C standards. Please PM me with an updated version and I'll unlock this thread. Also, please swing by the Other Metas room on Pokemon Showdown! for more discussion if you'd like, and feel free to PM me on there if you need further advice and instructions (my username is unfixable over there as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back