Ladder Balanced Hackmons

And we cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, you have to start somewhere, and this back in forth 'oh, don't ban Leppa! Oh ban Leppa!' gets us nowhere, while the format slowly decays because no one wants to click a button for 200 turns.

And we cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, you have to start somewhere, and this back in forth 'oh, don't ban Leppa! Oh ban Leppa!' gets us nowhere, while the format slowly decays because no one wants to click a button for 200 turns.
What exactly do you propose we do with the format "dying off" meanwhile the meta is as strong as ever

What exactly do you propose we do with the format "dying off" meanwhile the meta is as strong as ever

I didn't say it was going to happen immediately, but trolls who Leppa stall will drive new players away from the format, and maybe I'm alone, but I don't actually want to play with it still legal.

OT: Is it possible to turn avatars off? These stupid .gif avatars make me motion sick.

I didn't say it was going to happen immediately, but trolls who Leppa stall will drive new players away from the format, and maybe I'm alone, but I don't actually want to play with it still legal.

OT: Is it possible to turn avatars off? These stupid .gif avatars make me motion sick.
I know it's annoying with Leppa berries and those infinite stall tactics but the best way around it is to scout first and not get caught. You can use moves such as U-turn/Volt Switch, to prevent the permanent trapping, in addition to the untrapped Ghost type Pokemon. Also, if you Knock the Leppa off, it can't be replenished.

I don't know how to turn them off but what I do is make the screen less than full size, then shift if over to the left so that all the avatars are hidden. : )

Like I said before: ban Heal Pulse and ban duplicate moves on the same Pokemon (aka Tackle/Tackle/Tackle/Recover) and you kill a number of infinite-stall strategies without touching any legitimate strategy.

And no, bouncing Healing Pulses off of an opposing Magic Bouncer to heal yourself does not count as legit. That's just silly.

This doesn't stop the people who are already using it from continuing to use it, and we're back to this being a problem that could be easily solved that isn't. Good talk.
Chances are a ban will eventually come for infinite battles if you have a problem with the current meta that's ok but let's move on to another topic, we don't want to be showing people that these still exist in bh

Is there somewhere we can find the complete banlist?

Nevermind, it's on the front page.

I don't understand why people are so afraid of trapping abilities. In BH, it gives an interesting counter to both Poison Healers and the Voldemort strategy. Might as well just ban Block, Spider Web, and Mean Look while you're at it.

Last edited:
Is there somewhere we can find the complete banlist?

Nevermind, it's on the front page.

I don't understand why people are so afraid of trapping abilities. In BH, it gives an interesting counter to both Poison Healers and the Voldemort strategy. Might as well just ban Block, Spider Web, and Mean Look while you're at it.

What exactly is the "Voldemort strategy"?

New topic: What do people think about the overall lack of hazards in this Gen of Balanced Hackmons?

With the mechanics of Defog, plus the abilities Pix, Aerl and Refridge, and even Scrappy, it's easier than ever to remove hazards. But are they any less valuable? With Shedinja so common, I've found that real momentum can be gained with the ability to put up Stealth Rocks time and time again (Mold Breaker), until their defogger/spinner is gone.

Two of the mons I've seen the most of lately are shedinja and deoxys s, shedinja I've seen in nearly every match so I definitely feel that hazards are important aspects of the meta unless your willing to a.) run a ghost or b.) sacrifice a pokemon to shedinja before going into a counter

New topic: What do people think about the overall lack of hazards in this Gen of Balanced Hackmons?

With the mechanics of Defog, plus the abilities Pix, Aerl and Refridge, and even Scrappy, it's easier than ever to remove hazards. But are they any less valuable? With Shedinja so common, I've found that real momentum can be gained with the ability to put up Stealth Rocks time and time again (Mold Breaker), until their defogger/spinner is gone.

Hazards are indeed easier to remove, because of that, I find that Mold Breaker + hazard laying is quite ineffective this generation, especially with Defog Poison Heal Giratina running around. Hazards should now be used with extreme caution, just like last gen, they can be magic bounced back except that even if you set the hazards, they can be removed very easily. What makes hazards still amazing this gen imo is using rocks solely for offensive purposes just to murder Shedinja.

I've seen a decent amount of sticky web (not really sure if its counted as a hazard) but it has shown up a decent amount of times and sure it's easily removed but if you don't carry a spinner then they can just send in a slowish mon (even though everything runs max speed) and attempt to sweep you

I've seen a decent amount of sticky web (not really sure if its counted as a hazard) but it has shown up a decent amount of times and sure it's easily removed but if you don't carry a spinner then they can just send in a slowish mon (even though everything runs max speed) and attempt to sweep you

Not everything runs max speed, in fact, I've been using negative speed on some sets such as my Magic Bounce Mega Aggron.

Here's a new Paranoid Stall core I just made that works extremely well:

venusaur-mega.gif

Venusaur-Mega @ Black Sludge
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Switcheroo
- Heal Order
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

volcanion.png

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: null Spd
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Nuzzle

giratina.gif

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

This brand-new core is perfect for offensive teams, with it you're able to counter the most common offensive threats (Pixilate, Refrigerate, PH Gigas, Mega Gengar and of course, the 2 offensive Pokemon that I am obsessed about, Reshiram and Palkia.)

EDIT:
No poison heal yveltal I'm impressed this seems like an amazing core I'll be sure to try it.

No PH Yvel is actually why this core is good for offense teams, it is not necessary because Megasaur can Trick the sets that are dependant on their Spooky Plate and Volcanion can take the sets that try not to depend on Judgment plates, it can take a +3 Shadow Ball and Dragon Tail it out.

Last edited:
Not everything runs max speed, in fact, I've been using negative speed on some sets such as my Magic Bounce Mega Aggron.

Here's a new Paranoid Stall core I just made that works extremely well:

venusaur-mega.gif

Venusaur-Mega @ Black Sludge
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Switcheroo
- Heal Order
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

volcanion.png

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: null Spd
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Nuzzle

giratina.gif

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

This brand-new core is perfect for offensive teams, with it you're able to counter the most common offensive threats (Pixilate, Refrigerate, PH Gigas, Mega Gengar and of course, the 2 offensive Pokemon that I am obsessed about, Reshiram and Palkia.)
No poison heal yveltal I'm impressed this seems like an amazing core I'll be sure to try it.

No as it's coded in the game so that you can have a sure mega evolution.
Not exactly...
Knock Off will only not affect mega-stones if the holder of the mega-stone is that stone's corresponding Pokemon (Mega-Aggron with Aggronite, for instance)

Not exactly...
Knock Off will only not affect mega-stones if the holder of the mega-stone is that stone's corresponding Pokemon (Mega-Aggron with Aggronite, for instance)
Really? I was pretty sure that it was coded so that you couldn't knock off mega stones period.

Back