BH Balanced Hackmons

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hi I guess some of you guys know me. I was building yesterday and came across this cool thing. And now I'm currently 29-0 with it. Enjoy

Rayquaza-Mega @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam
- Spore / Secret Sword / Earth Power / Core Enforcer
- Tail Glow

OK so standard Triage Mega-Ray. Cool. But what makes this stand out is the item. Flyinium Z allows you to break annoying unaware Mega-Audino that would normally wall you after a little chip damage. Modest has a good chance to 2HKO after rocks with O-Wing + Supersonic Skystrike. I personally run Timid because the Z-Move is a surprise factor and they don't bother to heal up when they have 80% and are switching in. I thought of this because I was looking for a better item than Safety Goggles and I generally hate Life Orb on this set because of the recoil. Nobody stays in on Imposter Chansey anyways, so Safety Goggles was looking pretty useless here to be honest. I wanted to think of something that could beat its normal checks and still be imposterproof'ed. Voila.

252 SpA Rayquaza-Mega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 204-241 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Rayquaza-Mega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 225-265 (54.8 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Rayquaza-Mega Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 102-121 (24.8 - 29.5%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

252+ SpA Rayquaza-Mega Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 112-133 (27.3 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam
- Spore
- Tail Glow

Oh also here's a replay that shows how this works. I'll say it wasn't the best opponent but thi is the general idea of how it works.
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-564777796

I personally use Timid but for more wall-breaking power over speed tying with other Triage Mega-Ray or Fake Out -ates like Mega Diancie and Aerilate Ray is a solid argument for Modest. Anyways have fun :]

-PDT

Last edited:

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Timid / Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam
- Spore
- Tail Glow
Feel like additional coverage like secret sword, core or EP would be better instead of spore to further lure the mon you want and not be vulnerable to magic bounce (which is decent on dino) which would be no fun. For instance, the zCrystal Gren that I used to defeat your spectral dino yesterday had intentional coverage to lure unaware dino out. Also just wanted to mention that zCrystals also check the normalize gengar set that seems popular in early to mid ladder

Is Meloetta-Priloutte any good as a shell smasher? It's a normal type so no specteral thief and has decent (as far as bh goes) attack and speed. It also gets stab mach punch and extreme speed so you could run adaptability to get a power boost and not have to worry about priority
Also Mega Lop has the same typing but slightly better offensive stats then meloetta if that's worth anything.

this was my first thought but Lopunny has a HP stat of 65 whereas Meloetta-Pirouette has a HP stat of 100, meaning the difference between Meloetta and Impostor Meloetta is slightly less wide than the difference between Lopunny-Mega and Impostor Lopunny-Mega (also meaning Meloetta has better physical bulk for setting up). I don't know.

idk why ur using mega bee but w/e
First off, idk why ur using magic bounce, like the surprise factor is iffy at best and there are way better mons that abuse this ability. I guess it could be used to block prankster topsy-turvy but there is always dazzling for that and dazzling has the benefit of not losing to -ates (which this mon kinda does) As another option, adaptability could be considered to do considerably more damage. Onto the moveset: shift gear is kinda meh. Like shell smash outclasses it as a booster and since this mon is so frail anyway it doesn't mind the def drops. Fell stinger is kinda meh as it does zilch esp considering your set doesn't even have adaptibility anyway. So I'd consider stronger bug stab like megahorn or leech life. Also I would consider spore over sacred fire since it doesn't even 2hko registeel or aegi and they can just recover it all off. Also spore provides turns to setup anyway (unless magic bounce or goggles, which are fairly common)
252+ Atk Beedrill-Mega Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 146-172 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Beedrill-Mega Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 146-172 (45 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Alternatively you can run v-create specifically to hit these mons, though you would be a little weak to sturdinja without sacred fire so I can understand why it's there, so spore or v-create are just optional. Also jolly could be considered an option for the nature since you outspeed both mega mewtwos with it, which could be handy.

The new set would look something like this with the new changes:

Beedrill-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling / Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn / Leech Life
- Gunk Shot
- Shell Smash
- Sacred Fire / Spore / V-create
i'm not using it, it's just an idea.
just tested and it's pretty bad.

this was my first thought but Lopunny has a HP stat of 65 whereas Meloetta-Pirouette has a HP stat of 100, meaning the difference between Meloetta and Impostor Meloetta is slightly less wide than the difference between Lopunny-Mega and Impostor Lopunny-Mega (also meaning Meloetta has better physical bulk for setting up). I don't know.
this could work

Lopunny-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick
- Spectral Thief

since no scrappy, a ghost coverage is necessary. This can't touch sturdinja, so it could be good something like a sacred fire
here's some calcs

+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Lopunny-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 696-820 (191.2 - 225.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 240-284 (74 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Adaptability Lopunny-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Audino-Mega: 198-234 (48.2 - 57%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO

don't use poison jab if audino is a problem

252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Audino-Mega: 124-146 (30.2 - 35.6%) -- 29.6% chance to 3HKO

if you guys got any suggestions, tell me

Last edited by a moderator:

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Feel like additional coverage like secret sword, core or EP would be better instead of spore to further lure the mon you want and not be vulnerable to magic bounce (which is decent on dino) which would be no fun. For instance, the zCrystal Gren that I used to defeat your spectral dino yesterday had intentional coverage to lure unaware dino out. Also just wanted to mention that zCrystals also check the normalize gengar set that seems popular in early to mid ladder
I usually don't even spore the Audino even after they reveal Unaware instead of MBounce because it commonly carries Safety Goggles, besides Magic Bounce doesn't check M-Ray anyways. Anyways, those other options you listed are great as well so I'll slash 'em in.

Walled by Zygarde-C and Giratina with Fur Coat. (I know, Fur Coat is highly specialized, but still)
Only if Xtwo wants to be.

252- SpA Mewtwo-Mega-X Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 328-388 (51.5 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252- SpA Mewtwo-Mega-X Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 202-238 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

It has enough special attack to piss off Fur Coat users if it wants. And that's without a life orb or a damage boosting ability. A predicted Stakeout Draco Meteor would cripple if not outright KO them.

Edit: Noticed I had somehow left Giratina's Sp. Def EVs at 8 by mistake. Whoops. Corrected it.

Last edited:
Only if Xtwo wants to be.

252- SpA Mewtwo-Mega-X Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 328-388 (51.5 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252- SpA Mewtwo-Mega-X Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 246-290 (48.9 - 57.6%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO

It has enough special attack to piss off Fur Coat users if it wants. And that's without a life orb or a damage boosting ability. A predicted Stakeout Draco Meteor would cripple if not outright KO them.
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-X Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 156-184 (30.9 - 36.5%) -- 62% chance to 3HKO 4hko with lefties*
edit for the - calc:
252- SpA Mewtwo-Mega-X Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 156-184 (30.9 - 36.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-X Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 156-184 (30.9 - 36.5%) -- 62% chance to 3HKO 4hko with lefties*
Ice Beam if you want to deal with Ziggy specifically or are using Furry Giratina to check your Imposters. Something like Draco Stakeout otherwise. ...or you could run meme Fridge Boomburst Xtwo.

I can't seem to find the BH Viability Rankings, can those be created already? It's been several months, we're overdue for the creation of this.

What do y'all think of this set?

Can't touch this 2 (Banette-Mega) @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- High Jump Kick
- Destiny Bond
- Copycat

Sure it is decimated by priority but if paired with a dazzling mon it can take down quite some mons.

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
It's a nice troll imo but the problem is it has to take a hit first and
Banette is pretty fragile so u might want to consider using a bulkier mon like Ho-Oh with Fly.

It can be shut down pretty easily. Trick (especially scarf trick xD), Koff, Taunt, Entertainment/Skill Swap, status... all can be done on the first turn after it switched in, and then on the later turns, it can be phazed out.

Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- High Jump Kick
- Destiny Bond
- Copycat

Sure it is decimated by priority but if paired with a dazzling mon it can take down quite some mons.
It gets busted by already said tactics, prediction with normal and ghost switch, Dragon Tail, any Prankster, Dazzling normal types, and Beak Blast (Outprioritize Copycat to stop the combo, burns you through Shadow Force). Also Bounce is better than Fly since you can spread paralysis with that.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- High Jump Kick
- Destiny Bond
- Copycat

Use Encore over Destiny Bond for set-up, so you can use the first turn to disarm then attack on their switch, also Encore fails on itself so it cannot affect Bannette if it hits a Magic Bounce foe.

Put Close Combat over High Jump Kick for accuracy.

At this point you may as well use Marshadow which gains STAB, and has Lagging tail which allows it to go last regardless of speed if the foe uses a move in the same priority bracket.

I actually used Bannette and Alolan/Marowak in similar sets on Assist teams. For one, it allows Bannette to bypass the ability clause (2 Pokémon with the same ability per team), and it can have a Base ability before Mega-Evolving.

(Banette-Mega) @ Bannettite
Ability: Drought
IVS: 0 speed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 0 Spe
+ Atk - Spe Nature
- Assist
- V-Create / Encore
- Shadow Force
- Copycat

V-create is in case you face a Dark type immune to Prankster, otherwise Assist will do the trick and you can use Encore for setting up Shadow Force since it won't be Magic Bounced back like a status move.

Copycat is also great in case your foe uses a move you can take advantage of.

Sometimes I choose not to Mega-Evolve so I can just switch out with Drought active and let Prankster Groudon sweep.

As for Marowak, it carries the same set, using Thick Club over the Mega item, and Prankster. Marowak is the best of both worlds between Groudon and Bannette, as it gets STAB off of both moves, is immune to Sturdy Shedinja's Endeavor and the effect of trap abilities and moves like Infestation.

Last edited:
On top of what's already mentioned, keep in mind that this mon only attacks one turn out of two so it's quite easy to wall it for anything that has bulk. It's also potential setup fodder for dazzling mons.

Here's a physical variant of the imposterproof set that I thought of:

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory
Ability: Adaptability / Dazzling / Queenly Majesty / Sticky Hold
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Multi Attack
- Close Combat / High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

I decided on this over Mega Banette due to its much higher speed. The concept of this set is that if Chansey switches in, Multi Attack will be normal-type because it has Eviolite most of the time. This can also be a pretty good sweeper. Giratina needs Fur Coat to avoid the OHKO after a Smash, but Adamant variants 2HKO even Fur Coat variants at +2. So I ran 2 Fighting moves because perfect coverage with just STAB moves means you don't have to run coverage. Registeel cannot take two hits, so even if it goes for Spectral Thief, you can finish it off. Aegislash gets 2HKO'd with Multi-Attack. Adaptability gives you more power, while Dazzling prevents -ate boosted FakeSpeed from screwing you over, and Sticky Hold removes the threat of Knock Off. It does lose to Spore. (sleep clause please E4 Flint?)

Last edited:
Duckymomo Senior
Just a little suggestion for your troll team ;)
Replace the Ttar with this:

Your Tombstone (Spiritomb) @ Focus Sash / Protective Pads
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Imprison
- Destiny Bond
- Haze
- Power Trip

Thanks to its typing, Spiritomb has Ttar's immunity to prankster while also being immune to normal types, so that it can't get hit by spectral thief the turn it receives the stat boosts from Gengar. Yes, it has much weaker stats than Ttar, but that doesn't really matter when having all stats maxed and destroying the opposing team with max BP power trips - and hey, it is a nice meme ;)

Here's a replay from my last game, in which I did a Spiritomb sweep (low ladder, as I just startes a new alt): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-567895532

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
Why prankster tho? Also what do u think about running infestation over thousand waves to stop them escaping with baton pass?

Last edited:

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
give it life orb to possibly ohko unaware audino. although this leaves u vulnerable to king's shield cause u make contact. Also magic guard>prankster
252+ Atk Life Orb Spiritomb Power Trip (620 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Audino-Mega: 347-409 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Here's a physical variant of the imposterproof set that I thought of:

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory
Ability: Adaptability / Sticky Hold
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Multi Attack
- Close Combat
- Drain Punch

I decided on this over Mega Banette due to its much higher speed. The concept of this set is that if Chansey switches in, Multi Attack will be normal-type because it has Eviolite most of the time. This can also be a pretty good sweeper. Giratina needs Fur Coat to avoid the OHKO after a Smash, but Adamant variants 2HKO even Fur Coat variants at +2. So I ran 2 Fighting moves because perfect coverage with just STAB moves means you don't have to run coverage. Registeel cannot take two hits, so even if it goes for Spectral Thief, you can finish it off. Aegislash gets 2HKO'd with Multi-Attack. Adaptability gives you more power, while Sticky Hold removes the threat of Knock Off. It does lose to Spore. (sleep clause please E4 Flint?)
Replace the ability with Dazzling, prevent Triage and Prankster sets.

Add Icicle Crash coverage over Drain Punch to negate the threat of Rayquaza, Zygarde, and the odd Galvanize Zygarde.
After Shell Smash, it won't really survive much so there is no need for Drain Punch.

Prevention is the best cure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)