BH Balanced Hackmons

Tired of your Shedinja dieing to hazards?
Well now the new gimmick is here!

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endeavor
- Soak
- Extreme Speed
- Recycle

Just a normal Shedinja set but with a gimmicker ability.Most times when people see Shedinja they will get hazards up and make it useless.But this time it wont do anything X).This set can also throw opponents off guard,because everyone knows not to naturally hit shedinja without moldy/Sunsteel Strike,Moongeist Beam.Recycle is for pp stalling Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam,and getting sashes back!
Bye XDView attachment 93015
You do realize this has been a bad set for years now, right?
Please don't tell me you think you're some kind of hilarious memelord for shitposting like this.

Although mega Gengar in this tier is known for it's annoying normalize entrainment, but I made this just-as-annoying set that's based upon the triage-tail glow Rayquaza-Mega.

(Btw, this is typically buffed a good x1.5-x3.5 speed from a baton-passed speed boost Deoxys-D, outspeeding pretty much anything.)

Gengar-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Dragon Tail
- Moongeist Beam

pretty self explanatory, spore them, tail glow 1-2 times, then Moongeist beam into oblivion. Dragon Tail for normal types.
Dragon Tail is not a good coverage move since Mega Audino is immune to both.

I would recommend

Gengar-Mega @ Life Orb / Safety Goggles
Ability: Adaptability / Dazzling (you can use Sturdy if you have to but I would not recommend it)
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Secret Sword
- Moongeist Beam

Other things you can try could be: Quiver Dance or Shell Smash over Tail Glow, Taunt or Lovely Kiss over Spore, Magic Bounce as an ability, Spooky Plate or Fightinium Z as an item and if you do use Sturdy pinch berries such as Salac could be an interesting option (but they can be easily Hazed). If Spooky Plate is used it could be paired with Judgment to imposterproof at the expense of hitting Shedinja and Unawares, although that can be fixed with Mold Breaker.

Ghost/Fighting is perfect neutral coverage as well as allowing you to hit non-Mega Audino Normal-types and non-Yveltal Dark-types supereffectively.

EDIT: don't use Baton Pass, and if you have to run Baton Pass, run Stored Power or Power Trip

EDIT 2: doh

Last edited:
Happy New Year to the Balanced Hackmons community.

Why Sturdy ?
Moongeist Beam ignores it anyway, Use Sturdy on Shedinja or something with Oblivion Wing, Giga Drain, Drain Punch
Magic Guard Sash is usually better.

I have used Sap Sipper P- Kyogre and its pretty nice;
- Spore and Grasswhiste immunity make it very strong vs sleep strategies
- Strengh Sap immune means it beats some pseudo recovery sets
- can check Impostered Kartana
- checks M-Sceptile

Sure its not as good as Unaware or Fur Coat but with a 2nd P-Kyogre you can mindgame your opponent.

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings needs Sash. Those sets with a special move (in your chase Conversion)
and set up move work rarely against human players.

Normal types are good for switching into Spectral Thief and gaining momentum. By the time you have selected Conversion
you could have had an extra +2/+2/+2 SpA/SpD/Spe. Baton Pass is clearly better here.

Comments on this team?
Water (Kyogre-Primal) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption
- Volt Switch
- Moongeist Beam

Time (Dialga) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Revelation Dance

Shadow (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Misty Surge
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Life (Xerneas) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Milk Drink
- Spectral Thief

Darkness (Yveltal) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Sassy Nature
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Recover

Fat Blob (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 127
Relaxed Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Metal Burst
- Whirlwind
- Fake Out

MAMP

MAMP!
Comments on this team?
Water (Kyogre-Primal) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption
- Volt Switch
- Moongeist Beam

Time (Dialga) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Revelation Dance

Shadow (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Misty Surge
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Life (Xerneas) @ Rocky Helmet
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Milk Drink
- Spectral Thief

Darkness (Yveltal) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Sassy Nature
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Recover

Fat Blob (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 127
Relaxed Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Metal Burst
- Whirlwind
- Fake Out
the most obvious issue i see is that this team is hideously weak to shedinja. the literal only way this team can touch it is moongeist beam on ogre, which is just not reliable. it just gets so much momentum vs your team and you dont even have hazards to pressure it. the team is also notably weak to fairy types. most mega diancie sets roll you over because imposter can only switch in so many times and it comes in very easily against giratina and yveltal. ph xern also gives you quite a bit of trouble but you can maybe play around it with misty surge + dialga.

the biggest problem with this team that i can see is that kyogre is your only real offensive presence. the main problem with this is that it loses to imposter 1v1 and imposter can heal up completely freely on 4 of your mons. a well-played imposter is almost impossible for this team to beat over the course of a long game. if you can, try to give some of your other mons a way to stop imposter from coming in and freely healing up, like knock off or poison fang or anchor shot or something. you are also really going to struggle against any team that has a wall for kyogre, like red orb don, because you can't really get through defensive cores otherwise. i think the team would really appreciate at the very least stealth rock if not spikes/tspikes, just to help get through defensive cores.

another issue is that the team is overall very slow and thus struggles against some wallbreakers. typically your team is relying on defensively answering offensive threats, but the defensive core isnt really good enough to rely on that. for instance, a lot of mega rayquaza sets just kinda smack you because they just 2hko or ohko the whole squad and you dont have anything to outspeed them and force them out.

Any chance there will be a doubles balanced hackmons created?

The singles tier gets a stack of play. Doubles would be wild!
This has been asked before, and as it would be fun, creating a ladder for it on PS wouldn’t have a very big community. Or at least not to merit one on PS. Try rom.psim.us for the tier, or ask a mod there to implement it.

Edit: I was cringe as hell back then and I'm deleting posts now

Last edited:
This has been asked before, and as it would be fun, creating a ladder for it on PS wouldn’t have a very big community. Or at least not to merit one on PS. Try rom.psim.us for the tier, or ask a mod there to implement it.
Thanks for the site link.

It's like Pokemon Showdown on steroids with all those variants! Wowzer!

I might have to start a recruiting tear. I'm confident it will grow in interest. First person I spoke to about (doubles ubers superstar) red24246 is super excited to create a team.

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Recently I've been playing a lot of hyper offense - it seems REALLY good. Ive been running band xtwo - sashsmash xtwo - sheerforce ytwo - scarf gengar - prankster kart - prankster zygod

It's been really dominant so far, with no teams being able to wall everything on the team. My only loss has been another hyper offense in which i lost every single speed tie and missed every lovely kiss. What are everyone's thoughts on hyper offense in the meta? Can my team be improved?
(Sorry for formatting. On mobile)

Any chance there will be a doubles balanced hackmons created?

The singles tier gets a stack of play. Doubles would be wild!
Doubles bh has previously been on showdown itself, both as an lcotm ladder back in gen 6 and as a challenge only option early in gen 7 I believe. Neither one was very popular from what I remember though, which would mean the odds of it getting a ladder is low.

Recently I've been playing a lot of hyper offense - it seems REALLY good. Ive been running band xtwo - sashsmash xtwo - sheerforce ytwo - scarf gengar - prankster kart - prankster zygod

It's been really dominant so far, with no teams being able to wall everything on the team. My only loss has been another hyper offense in which i lost every single speed tie and missed every lovely kiss. What are everyone's thoughts on hyper offense in the meta? Can my team be improved?
(Sorry for formatting. On mobile)
Hey pileosand, if you want feedback on your team, I would advise you to post sets as well.

Secondly about hyper offense being meta.
Hyper offense is really fun to play. And around the place you are in ladder (1480-1500ish), it can absolutely dominate. But then you reach 1600 ish and you face a proper stall team. Most times then not, your team will get walled hard. In bh, Stall is the king of play styles with balance coming in second. The banlist also tends to aid stall teams more then hyper offense. So while hyper offense is fun, unless you make a stellar team that can break good stall teams, you will be overshadowed time and time again by stall.

Hey I’m a decent Bh player. This meta does sound heat.

However, the fact of the matter is that arguably if DBH gets a ladder then everything could get a ladder just because it gets a large player base.

But if DBH does get a ladder I call council...
If you or anyone else notices me online feel free to challenge to a Doubles Hackmons game.

Have introduced a few other users to the idea and the games I've played so far have been wild. I'm craving more games.

Happy to play either no rules doubles hackmons or stick to balanced hackmons rules. Just let me know in advance, as I've been playing some no rules doubles hackmons which have been insane.

Steelworker Dialga is already a known set - but with Doom Desire you have to wait for two turns until you actually deal damage after using the move. This set solves this problem by using Steel Judgment:
Partner in Time (Dialga) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Steelworker
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Tail Glow
- Core Enforcer / Stealth Rock
- Milk Drink

Because it beats all common bouncers, and 2HKOs steels with Judgment after a Tail Glow, Stealth Rock is a nice option on this set, and also easily improofable thanks to Judgment. I have good success with that set, maybe you like it too?

Steelworker Dialga is already a known set - but with Doom Desire you have to wait for two turns until you actually deal damage after using the move. This set solves this problem by using Steel Judgment:
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Tail Glow
- Milk Drink

Because it beats all common bouncers, and 2HKOs steels with Judgment after a Tail Glow, Stealth Rock is a nice option on this set, and also easily improofable thanks to Judgment. I have good success with that set, maybe you like it too?
Doesn't Knock Off ruin this rather quickly?
A slight variation might be Judgment -> Revelation Dance and Iron Plate -> Adamant Orb (no reason not to boost Core Enforcer). The power drop from STAB steel isn't noticeable (Except on SpDef+ Aud, which is a roll of a OHKO), you still 2HKO steels at +3. Slightly boosted Core Enforcer finally has a 50% of OHKOing M-ray (other dragons are 2HKOed). It cares less about Knock Off, it has a little more powerful dragon STAB but it is harder to improof.
EDIT: possible improofs: At +0 it is sorta easy with AV steels with core enforcer or not imposter chansey. At +3 unaware is needed, but it must not be weak to STAB. Or you might catch it tail glowing (or milk drinking) on the switch, and you can encore it. It's not that hard, even without prankster, it only sits at 279 speed.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Tail Glow
- Milk Drink

Partner in Time (Dialga) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Contrary
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Draco Meteor
- Spore
- Shore Up

Isn’t this set better? You can charge up your power before Doom Desire hits via your other STAB, Spore Imposters, and recover as needed.

Why waste a turn on Tail Glow and an item slot, when you can just use your other STAB, and deal damage in the process?
Magic Bouncers won’t put him to sleep due to Safety Goggles.

Your Stealth Rocks set could get Magic Bounced on their switch in.

*Otherwise do yourself a favor, lower speed Nature, 0 Speed IVs, and 0 Spe EVs so Core Enforcer activates.

Last edited:
Why are there no bans or restrictions on impostor when impostor can easily cause endless battles?
The only way Imposter would be the reason for an endless battle is if both players have two imposter mons and all of them have recovery. Any other scenario is just stall for the most part.

Is Intimidate on mons such as Zygarde viable in the current BH meta?
While it seems to be outclasses by FC, it cannot be ignored by Sunsteel Strike and Geyser, so that dealing with MMX and Steelworker Kartana becomes easier.

think of trick room. unlike in other tiers, here it doesnt save you evs other than speed since everything is already maxed, and boosting options for slowmons arent nearly as good as things like shell smash. Priority users here are also stronger and equipped with better coverage so one cant expect to wall them by some offensive oriented set.
This team is playable but still weak to a fair share of weird things that no other team is expected to, including random protects. It is also rather one dimensional and easily counterteamed, under current offensive team standards where you need over 9000 ways to throw out different surprise moves against the same opponent.

Arceus @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
This arceus typically leads as long as opponent doesnt have a fighting type, and does a one time setup.
Might be kept longer if opponent has random status users.

Stakataka @ Ground Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Multi-Attack
- Swords Dance
- Trick Room
Standard meta one that every tr has to have just to show off that fact. Multi attack is even weaker than expected, used to be vcreate but flash fire is more common than ever

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Ice Hammer
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick Room
Literally the only counter to kyogre, including improofing my own. Standard set that doesnt require setup turns

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Destiny Bond
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick Room
Every offensive team has some sort of prankster.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Surge
Brave Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Sunsteel Strike
- Hyperspace Fury
- Trick Room
Last and only line of defense against ates. Still gets swept by those quite often.

Kyogre-Primal @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption
- Water Shuriken
- Trick
Scout for giratina sets, rarely does anything more in reality.

Is Intimidate on mons such as Zygarde viable in the current BH meta?
While it seems to be outclasses by FC, it cannot be ignored by Sunsteel Strike and Geyser, so that dealing with MMX and Steelworker Kartana becomes easier.
Intimidate I’m general isn’t something I’ve seen, but I don’t think that would work, especially when there are other checks out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)