BH Balanced Hackmons

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Is Intimidate on mons such as Zygarde viable in the current BH meta?
While it seems to be outclasses by FC, it cannot be ignored by Sunsteel Strike and Geyser, so that dealing with MMX and Steelworker Kartana becomes easier.
It would waste a foe’s white herb, but Contrary is a thing, and I’m concerned that they could just switch in and out to wear it off (you switch it in, they switch out, but then send it in again while your intimadator is still inc and then you would have to switch out. It may causes switches, but also for you too, which could rack up hazard damage on your team).

Also worth noting is stuff like Belly Drum Kartana doesn't care very much. I don't recall if Belly Drum is simply a +6 or always maxes Attack regardless of what its at, but even in the case of the former, there's very, very little that can stomach a +5 anything but not a +6.

Besides, you should be using Intimidate Manectite Manectric to get the meta-breaking double Intimidate off.

Either way, Intimidate would be a lot better if Contrary and Belly Drum weren't around. It has a niche since, as said, ability bypass/suppression can't ignore it, and a double-Intimidate pivot core can be neat, albeit situational, but it's usually outclassed by Fur Coat.

Also worth noting is stuff like Belly Drum Kartana doesn't care very much. I don't recall if Belly Drum is simply a +6 or always maxes Attack regardless of what its at, but even in the case of the former, there's very, very little that can stomach a +5 anything but not a +6.
When Belly Drum rips out HP, it always shoves attack to +6...unless the mon's attack is already at +6. In that case, Belly Drum fails and doesn't rip out HP. (Z-Belly Drum restores HP to full, then checks the user's attack. Thus, Z-Belly Drum is a full heal if the user is already at +6.)

Here is a core I tried lately, focusing on Grassy Terrain (it is not bad actually if you know how to abuse it).
Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick
- V-create

Diancie-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Milk Drink
- U-turn
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Zygarde @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn
- Nuzzle
- Shore Up

Diancie is pixiliate and its "anti-steel" move is Earthquake. Quite standard, except maybe the Life Orb being somewhat uncommon. It's -Spe since I want it to be outspeed by Kartana, and the speed drop doesn't matter since it has priority (and if psy terrain is up it is usually too slow anyway). 216 Def instead of 252 for improofing reasons.
Registeel is running Grassy Surge. Ok, now that you have stopped laughing I can explain myself: Grassy Surge, after giving leftovers recovery to grounded stuff and boosting grass moves, also halves Earthquake damage; this allows Registeel to take Earthquake like this:

252 Atk Diancie-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel in Grassy Terrain: 76-90 (20.8 - 24.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Grassy surge also sightly patches up LO recoil on Diancie but the most important stuff comes later.
Zygarde is the improof of Kartana; you'll see later than you need a lot of bulk to wall it. Nuzzle is to piss off offence, since neither of the attackers of this core are particularly fast. If you want it, it can be an imposter trapping set but Kart can nail it on the switch.

Kartana. Glorious Kartana. Frigging 181 base ATK, and quick enough to outspeed all the walls, has questionable STAB options. Grass is terrible, and Steel, beyond Sunsteel Strike, doesn't offer much to Kartana. But is Grass terrible? Compare it to Psychic typing. Resists are everywhere for both. Usually not SE. Both have a terrain boosting option. But being immune to Grass requires an ability. Psychic only needs typing. And Grass also grants immunity to Spore, which is nice. By virtue of "nobody prepares to grass", Kartana can nuke the opponent with Banded, Tinted Lens, Terrain Boosted Wood Hammer, with terrific results.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Kartana Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel in Grassy Terrain: 370-436 (101.6 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Kartana Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina in Grassy Terrain: 432-510 (85.7 - 101.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete in Grassy Terrain: 393-463 (61.7 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery (also with Poison Heal factored in)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Kartana Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solgaleo in Grassy Terrain: 468-552 (97.9 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

This is what it does to some walls (Sunsteel breaks all the Fairies on their best case scenario with OHKO). It breaks past Yveltal, Regigigas immediately too. Kyogre and Gyarados are blown away even factoring in Fur Coat. There are some pokemon that can take Wood Hammer by virtue of Fur Coat or double resisting Grass (walls have Celesteela, Dialga, Ferrothorn and the imposter, while offensive mons have Rayquaza and Reshiram, but who runs it? And who uses Ray as switchin?), but Sunsteel hits them for the 2HKO (shaky for Giratina, add SR. Give up for Zygarde). If the imposter switches in, it takes comfortably everything, except V-create which is a OHKO. Since I lowered my Diancie speed, when Kartana switches in with Registeel pivoting it, Kartana can kill it with Sunsteel.

252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Eviolite Diancie-Mega: 708-832 (100.5 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This also makes the opponent wonder if Kartana is scarfed, as it should be outspeed by default.

If you don't like Wood Hammer recoil, you can use Power Whip for the same damage, but I don't like the missing chances on nukes.
Unlike MMY, Kartana isn't forced out after using its powerful moves. It will eventually kill itself, but it will bring down something.

So wdyt?

EDIT: misspells.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Is Intimidate on mons such as Zygarde viable in the current BH meta?
While it seems to be outclasses by FC, it cannot be ignored by Sunsteel Strike and Geyser, so that dealing with MMX and Steelworker Kartana becomes easier.
For normal types, consider Stamina, a tanky Audino-Mega set can also abuse Baton Pass. I have seen some Audino-Mega lately which use dry Baton Pass, which I think is a waste considering that they are immune to Spectral Thief, Dragon Tail, Core Enforcer, and Moongeist Beam, which all bypass the boosts or remove the ability.

The trick is to come in on a survivable Attack such as U-turn, pick up the free a Defense boost, (so even your turn to switch in isn’t wasted, especially if you are switching out a Regenerator teammate, to gain +1 Defense on any Attack, even if it’s a Special Attack). The next turn you can Baton Pass, stay in and just stall with a recovery move, and even set up. I think it’s more useful than Intimidate, especially if you Baton Pass to another Normal type such as Arceus, which can abuse the added survivability to set up a sweep.

Also, In the odd likelihood the foe uses a multi-hitting move with Skill Link, etc. it gives you a boost per landed hit...

I tested it a little, and thought you may want to try it out. It obviously wouldn’t be useful to specifically counter Steels types on Audino-Mega, (you would want a Steel Resist), but it’s an example explanation of a potentially forgotten ability that could be a substitute for Intimdate without being Vulnerable to Mold Breaker, Photon Geyser, etc. if you have already accumulated some boosts. So you could try to test it on whatever Zygarde set you have for your team needs.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Here is a core I tried lately, focusing on Grassy Terrain (it is not bad actually if you know how to abuse it).
Kartana @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick
- V-create

Diancie-Mega @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Grassy Surge
Sassy Nature
- Milk Drink
- U-turn
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Zygarde @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn
- Nuzzle
- Shore Up

Diancie is pixiliate and its "anti-steel" move is Earthquake. Quite standard, except maybe the Life Orb being somewhat uncommon. It's -Spe since I want it to be outspeed by Kartana, and the speed drop doesn't matter since it has priority (and if psy terrain is up it is usually too slow anyway). 216 Def instead of 252 for improofing reasons.
Registeel is running Grassy Surge. Ok, now that you have stopped laughing I can explain myself: Grassy Surge, after giving leftovers recovery to grounded stuff and boosting grass moves, also halves Earthquake damage; this allows Registeel to take Earthquake like this:

252 Atk Diancie-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel in Grassy Terrain: 76-90 (20.8 - 24.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Grassy surge also sightly patches up LO recoil on Diancie but the most important stuff comes later.
Zygarde is the improof of Kartana; you'll see later than you need a lot of bulk to wall it. Nuzzle is to piss off offence, since neither of the attackers of this core are particularly fast. If you want it, it can be an imposter trapping set but Kart can nail it on the switch.

Kartana. Glorious Kartana. Frigging 181 base ATK, and quick enough to outspeed all the walls, has questionable STAB options. Grass is terrible, and Steel, beyond Sunsteel Strike, doesn't offer much to Kartana. But is Grass terrible? Compare it to Psychic typing. Resists are everywhere for both. Usually not SE. Both have a terrain boosting option. But being immune to Grass requires an ability. Psychic only needs typing. And Grass also grants immunity to Spore, which is nice. By virtue of "nobody prepares to grass", Kartana can nuke the opponent with Banded, Tinted Lens, Terrain Boosted Wood Hammer, with terrific results.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Kartana Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel in Grassy Terrain: 370-436 (101.6 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Kartana Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina in Grassy Terrain: 432-510 (85.7 - 101.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete in Grassy Terrain: 393-463 (61.7 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery (also with Poison Heal factored in)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Kartana Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solgaleo in Grassy Terrain: 468-552 (97.9 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

This is what it does to some walls (Sunsteel breaks all the Fairies on their best case scenario with OHKO). It breaks past Yveltal, Regigigas immediately too. Kyogre and Gyarados are blown away even factoring in Fur Coat. There are some pokemon that can take Wood Hammer by virtue of Fur Coat or double resisting Grass (walls have Celesteela, Dialga, Ferrothorn and the imposter, while offensive mons have Rayquaza and Reshiram, but who runs it? And who uses Ray as switchin?), but Sunsteel hits them for the 2HKO (shaky for Giratina, add SR. Give up for Zygarde). If the imposter switches in, it takes comfortably everything, except V-create which is a OHKO. Since I lowered my Diancie speed, when Kartana switches in with Registeel pivoting it, Kartana can kill it with Sunsteel.

252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Eviolite Diancie-Mega: 708-832 (100.5 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This also makes the opponent wonder if Kartana is scarfed, as it should be outspeed by default.

If you don't like Wood Hammer recoil, you can use Power Whip for the same damage, but I don't like the missing chances on nukes.
Unlike MMY, Kartana isn't forced out after using its powerful moves. It will eventually kill itself, but it will bring down something.

So wdyt?

EDIT: misspells.
why run this over steelworker is my main "question". sure, tinted lens+ grassy terrain provides a powerful stab thats hard to switch into...but steelworker provides that with one ability and one move. and you can still run grassy terrain to give both stabs more power if you REALLY wanted. but kartana REALLLLLLLY wants to spam its "you cant stop me" move, and other then slowbro and aggron, nothing is safely switching into sunsteel. less team support required, almost the same power earned without having to predict fur coaters/psyterrainers/sheddy

also dont run earthquake under grassy terrain. thats just a terrible idea. just run lands wrath if your that desperate for 100% accurate non-tarrows. even IF its so regi can counter, might as well not run eq in that case and use a better suited move.

Hello! I've made some things that actually i think they could work pretty well. Hope you guys like it =)

Pinky (Lopunny-Mega) @ Pixie Plate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return / Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire / Another fire move
- High Jump Kick /

I don't know how competitive could be this, but i swear it's very fun. They never expect the Pixilate Lopunny boosted with Pixie Plate. I recommend the fire move so you'll not suffer beating Celesteela or another heavy steel tank.

Diancie-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Play Rough / Light of Ruin

This Diancie is just for fairy moves spam. I think Scarf is the best item for this set because you should be faster than anything, but i you wanna do some massive damage you can change it for Choice Specs/ Choice Band or something like that.

Also I am pretty new in this Metagame, so if you have any recommendation for me I'll appreciate it so much!! :blobthumbsup:

Hello! I've made some things that actually i think they could work pretty well. Hope you guys like it =)

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return / Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick /

I don't know how competitive could be this, but i swear it's very fun. They never expect the Pixilate Lopunny boosted with Pixie Plate. I recommend the fire move so you'll not suffer beating Celesteela or another heavy steel tank.

Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

This Diancie is just for fairy moves spam. I think Scarf is the best item for this set because you should be faster than anything, but i you wanna do some massive damage you can change it for Choice Specs/ Choice Band or something like that.

Also I am pretty new in this Metagame, so if you have any recommendation for me I'll appreciate it so much!! :blobthumbsup:
First off, welcome to the meta!

Secondly, is there any reason at all you aren't using Pixilate with Diancie instead of with Lopunny? Diancie has stab from fairy, higher offensive stats at the sacrifice of speed, and can also use Boomburst, a 140 bp move on its own. I honestly like the idea of using lopunny, since its a fighting type immune to spectral thief and has unresisted coverage when running scrappy, although I wouldn't recommend using it, since it has sub-par attack for the BH meta. Wrecking steel types can currently be done pretty well by mmx and/or Red Orb Groudon, maybe try those.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return / Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick /

Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

both of these sets are ironically outclassed hard by pixilate diancie. pixie boomburst is significantly stronger then fairy aura moonblast, and fairy aura works for your opponents as well, a small but noticeable detail. i wont tell you to switch lop, since its clearly meant to lure mons, but sadly, lop's attack isnt high enough to beat the common switchin-FC tina, so its not likely going to do a good job.

If using Lopunny as a lure, also consider Refrigerate. You lose out on Mega-Sableye and Mewtwo-X, among a few others, but you get better match-ups vs Mega-Rayquaza and Zygarde-C and also hit some stray flying-types like Lugia, Mega-Pidgeot, and Mega-Aerodactyl. It's a trade-off though, so neither is strictly better.

On Fairy Aura, as said, Pixelate is better and it can assist the opponent. Unmentioned, it also reveals the ability, allowing opponents to react accordingly from the moment the Fairy Aura user switches in. If you want a different ability, such as to bypass Soundproof, consider Magic Guard + Light of Ruin.

I've been thinking about some sets that are lowkey broken recently, not because of their raw power, but because of their niches. 

Sceptile-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Leaf Storm
- Spore/Taunt

Contrary Sceptile is probably the best, but Sheer Force is also a great choice. Draco Meteor hits Giratina and Zygarde, Overheat hits non-flash fire steels, leaf storm hits Kyogre, and Spore is useful against vest users and can scout Magic Bounce users without anxiety due to Sceptile's natural immunity. 

Reasons why this is lowkey broken:
- Its coverage hits Registeel, Solgaleo, Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Mega Gyarados, Primal Kyogre, Giratina, and Complete Zygarde super effectively, which means it can pressure Prankster Haze with whatever move is super effective
- Its speed tier lets it force out Mega Mewtwo Y, arguably the best tool for offense in the meta
- Spore lets it rack up damage on Assault Vest users who would otherwise wall it
- Alternatively, Taunt prevents Haze users from spamming it or recovering, which stops the main check to Contrary.

I think few people use this because it requires team support, but truth be told it outspeeds almost everything and can hit adequately hard, both of which are very valuable against Balance teams. The two things that have strong U-turn and outspeed it, Mega Beedrill and Pheromosa, have several drawbacks, and priority is both discouraged and heavily prepared for. Dazzling wouldn't be a bad idea to have as an ability though.

Dialga @ Steelium Z
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Doom Desire
- Tail Glow
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up 

Pretty much the same as generation six except it has Core Enforcer now. Steelworker is interchangeable with Magic Bounce and Tinted Lens. If the team has a weakness to Fur Coat Chansey or Vest Primal Kyogre (both of which don't like Mega Mewtwo X) then adjust accordingly.

Truth be told, this set doesn't really have any switch-ins outside of Substitute Mega Audino, Sturdy Shedinja, or the above two sets. Preparing for Magic Bounce Audino and Sturdy Shedinja as usual makes this set something of a monster. Since very few people use Mega Mewtwo X or Primal Groudon, the typings that hit this set super effectively are scarce. It is weak to Mega Diancie and almost all Contrary sets, though, but again, those sets are very common and easy to prepare for (unless it's an anti-meta Diancie, in which case...good luck).

Dialga @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Core Enforcer
- Rapid Spin
- Revelation Dance

I like this set a lot because, as mentioned previously, no one uses Dialga's weaknesses. Ever since full-power Primal Groudon, everyone wants to use Giratina, which discourages using Red Orb Groudon and Mega Mewtwo X. This set is uniquely bulky in a similar way to Vest Primal Kyogre in that, against certain teams, it has no type weaknesses. Not only is it a great switch-in to Psychic Surge Mega Mewtwo Y, but it also has the ability to check Normalize Mega Gengar and simultaneously beat Giratina, its main spinblocker, and clear hazards. The only problem is that its resistances are compromised by its dual-typing and oftentimes another Steel-Type is needed to check strong Fairy or Fire (with Flash Fire) moves.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Fake Out
- Spiky Shield

When I first saw this set, I thought the guy using it was a bozo. Every -ate user is supposed to be vulnerable to its own imposter, and you can always just switch Fur Coat Chansey or Registeel into -ate. That’s just how Balanced Hackmons works.
Ironically, this set is jarringly anti-meta. Close Combat beats steels, including Flash Fire, while Fakespeed has the coverage to beat both non-APS sweepers and common walls to MMX. The things that come to mind as walls to Refrigerate and walls to Fighting-Types fall to the other set or its own lack of bulk. Walls like Celesteela and Alolan Muk have to rely on resistances to wall sets, but this still hits them neutrally.
This set is imposterproofed by Mega Scizor and can wear down its own imposter with Spiky Shield. Of course, no one should run Mega Scizor specifically for this set, which is why it works so well.

Garchomp-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Illusion
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- U-turn
- Dragon Hammer
- Trick

I think Mega Garchomp sets are very dependent on what the team needs, and Mega Mewtwo X can use Illusion with less team support. I chose illusion for this set because Sand Rush seemed too gimmicky.
The point is, remember how I said that Dialga has no type weaknesses? This set takes that concept and throws it out the window. Ground is arguably the strongest attacking type in BH, or even the game, because it has no strong resistances. Anything with high stats is neutral to it, and anything that resists it is either weak to another type or low in stats. Fur Coat Golisopod does handle this set and a few others, but the thought of using Fur Coat Golisopod should be a turn-off to most people.
For its role—beating steels and having few Switch-ins—it accomplishes this very well. MMX has better offenses and speed, but its main stab is walled by Ghost-Types; on the other hand, Garchomp’s secondary STAB is supper effective against the main switch-in to physical attackers.
That said, Garchomp has a hard time coming in. Pivots are obvious, but this set really needs to come in on something slow. Scarf mitigates this but makes it too weak to wallbreak. I wouldn’t underestimate it, though.

I have heard about Mega Beedrill having a niche but I would advise against it for now due to its stealth rock weakness and no good secondary STAB. I guess one could follow the logic of Mega Mewtwo X and use Refrigerate but the Stealth Rock weakness and lack of bulk whatsoever hold it back greatly (The Mega Mewtwos, for instance, can take several hits before being KOed and switch into Stealth Rock multiple times.

I also have to admit that these sets require team support to use effectively, such as something to handle Flash Fire steels and Unaware Primal Kyogre. They are definitely not standalone, but have powerful anti-meta implications when used alongside properly built teams.

Last edited:
Some cool sets, but one nitpick.

Just FYI, MMX is S rank. Granted, the Dialga set is still pretty effective, just not able to stay in as often as you initially thought.
MMX is A rank. High rank admittedly, but often overshadowed by some of the other picks in the tier, especially in high ladder. Viability does not denote usage, which is why Kangaskhan, one of the best wallbreakers, is also A- rank, but extremely rare.

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
MMX is A rank. High rank admittedly, but often overshadowed by some of the other picks in the tier, especially in high ladder. Viability does not denote usage, which is why Kangaskhan, one of the best wallbreakers, is also A- rank, but extremely rare.
It's supposed to be updated to become S Rank. Also...
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-12/gen7balancedhackmons-1760.txt
| 4 | Mewtwo-Mega-X | 35.11463% | 15214 | 18.009% | 8519 | 17.077% |
What do you mean very few people use it?

Also what mons overshadow MMX like I get other mons could be used but nothing exactly outclasses it, it's S Rank for a reason ,_,

It's supposed to be updated to become S Rank. Also...
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-12/gen7balancedhackmons-1760.txt
| 4 | Mewtwo-Mega-X | 35.11463% | 15214 | 18.009% | 8519 | 17.077% |
What do you mean very few people use it?

Also what mons overshadow MMX like I get other mons could be used but nothing exactly outclasses it, it's S Rank for a reason ,_,
I'm surprised that the viability ranking hasn't been updated to reflect this usage yet. This information could be handled in a more timely fashion.

The reason why using MMX has been frowned upon is due to the presence of Giratina in the meta, as stated in my first post. In general, Giratina can switch in to Mega Mewtwo X, restore its health while taking Photon Geysers, and threaten it out with Spectral Thief. The Shell Smash set is as dangerous as any other Shell Smash set, but it is vulnerable to anti-meta prankster users, Dark-Type unaware users, and scarf imposter.
I presume the set is no longer underrated since so many players have decided to use it.

Ren

I'm surprised that the viability ranking hasn't been updated to reflect this usage yet. This information could be handled in a more timely fashion.

The reason why using MMX has been frowned upon is due to the presence of Giratina in the meta, as stated in my first post. In general, Giratina can switch in to Mega Mewtwo X, restore its health while taking Photon Geysers, and threaten it out with Spectral Thief. The Shell Smash set is as dangerous as any other Shell Smash set, but it is vulnerable to anti-meta prankster users, Dark-Type unaware users, and scarf imposter.
I presume the set is no longer underrated since so many players have decided to use it.
Giratina can't switch in unless it's Prankster, as Photon Geyser does over 50 guaranteed assuming you're Choice Band and either Adaptability or Psychic Surge, both of which are top tier abilities for it. In addition, Shell Smash threatens Unaware Dark-types because it generally carries Fighting STAB. And it's not really underrated, it's recognized as a top tier threat.

e: 252 Atk Choice Band Mewtwo-Mega-X Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Psychic Terrain: 313-369 (62.1 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Mewtwo-Mega-X Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 278-328 (55.1 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also assuming you're not adaptability you're probably running a way to beat Giratina anyways but I don't see why you'd use MMX considering how switching into MMX is nigh impossible already, unless you wanna lure Mega Sableye which would mean you're running Pixilate or a Fairy move

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Set Name: Clairvoyance

REPLAY

Deoxys-Attack @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 0 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Spore/Lovely Kiss
- Future Sight/Doom Desire
- Mind Blown
- Light of Ruin/Destiny Bond

I predict a KO!

The goal of this set is to set up for a Future Offensive Psychic threat. After sleeping the opponent, you Future Sight on the switch. Afterwards, I use Mind Blown, as they typically switch in a Steel Magic Bouncer like Registeel or Solgaleo (as they expect more Status moves after seeing Spore), and therefore not only will Mind Blown hit for 300 Base Power, and be in KO range for Future Sight, but they might even switch out completely.
Light of Ruin is in case they switch in a Dark Type, or other wall ranging from Unaware Gyarados-Mega, or Unaware Zygarde, to Giratina, as Light of Ruin will pack 280 Base Power while Super Effective, and deter them from staying as safely for the Future Sight.

Mind you, Future Sight takes 2 turns to hit at the end of the turn, which means that once Mind Blown or Light of Ruin hits, and causes enough recoil, Emergency Exit will automatically trigger since it will be at 50% or less, which causes Sitrus Berry to trigger, and let’s you switch to another Pokémon. And now, you still have one more turn left to setup or attack.

This next Pokémon would be something with Psychic Surge for the added power- such as MMY, and since Future Sight will be dealing 270 Base Power Damage at the end of the turn thanks to STAB and Terrain, it can set up with Tail Glow, etc. while being immune to Priority, as Future Sight finishes off the opponent so you won’t have to spend the turn attacking. MMY can pack a Coverage move as well in case they try and send in a Dark Type the turn Future Sight would hit (like if you use Moon Blast for Yveltal, Secret Sword for Tyranitar, etc.)

Now, Doom Desire can also be used with a Steelworker Dialga, and while you can definetely feel the difference in stats (MMY has 194 SpA, while Dialga has 150), the Base power is 1/6 higher as Doom Desire has 315 Base power with the ability and STAB compared to Future Sight’s 270 with the Terrain and STAB. Future Sight offers more versality however, as technically you could switch out the Psychic Surge user with Volt Switch or U-Turn and then send in a Pokémon with another ability like Adaptability and boost it further if you don’t have a setup move.

On the Contrary, you could say Steelworker is safer because it doesn’t aid the opponent, as the foe’s moves won’t get a power boost, and they won’t be shielded from Priority, and you could always pack another Terrain for coverage, or use a Prankster user without fear of anti-Priority from your own teammate. Also, Doom Desire has no fear Immunity. In fact, you wouldn’t need to send in your Steelworker until the turn the move would hit- so you could send in a teammate on the turn you use Mind Blown, and then U-turn/Volt Switch/Parting Shot, etc to Dialga.

The HP EVs and IVs are at 0 so Light of Ruin activates Emergency Exit, since unlike Mind Blown which always does 50% (if you have 50% HP plus 1, it will round up and still KO you), Light of Ruin is based on damage dealt, and with how fragile Deoxys-A is, you would rather deal 50% recoil with Light of Ruin to trigger Emergency Exit and Sitrus Berry than not because if you don’t trigger the switch you will likely be KOed by even the foe’s weakest attacks.

Sitrus Berry activates upon recoil after Emergency Exit, but before the switch, guaranteeing that if you do 50% recoil with Mind Blown; you Heal to 75% HP so you will for sure be able to do it a second time. Poison, weather, etc. that’s hurt Deoxys-A at the end of the turn do trigger Emergency Exit, so switching into Toxic Spikes can still prove beneficial (say you switch into Toxic Spikes, after your Sitrus Berry healed you to 75% on the switch out, so you take 12.5% on the turn you are would use Spore, and then another 12.5% on the turn you use Future Sight on their Switch, and bam, you are at 50% again, and Emergency automatically triggers to switch you out st end of turn- actually giving you 2 turns of whatever you like before Future Sight/Doom Desire activates).

I have tested this, it is useful with the right teammate, and I will post replays.

Keep in mind other forms of boosting the power:
Future Sight/Doom Desire can critical hit. This matters more so with Future Sight since you can send in a Psychic Surge user on Mind Blown, and then send in another user with a different ability that boosts Future Sight’s Base Power the turn it hits (whereas Steelworker has to be in play when Doom Desire hits). So if you had Toxic Spikes support, or has already caused Poison with Baneful Bunker, Poison Fang etc. then Merciless could gaurantee the Critical Hit. Adaptability on a Psychic user, Etc.

One thing you could use with Doom Desire is send in a Download user on the turn you use Mind Blown, and then Baton Pass to a Steel Worker so the +1 SpA is granted and boosts Doom Desire.

Simple + Tail Glow, etc. can also make it more powerful, but that would mean not having time to switch to Psychic Surge or Steelworker users.

Of course the biggest benefit of using Future Sight or Doom Desire is to either have time to use a set up move while it will finish off the foe, or have it as a Counter Coverage to your Pokémon. For example, if you send in Rayquaza-Mega with Doom Desire after Mind Blown, the foe won’t be as likely to send in an Ice, Rock or Fairy Type to Counter it, meaning they expect you can stall with Fake-Out, as Doom Desire KOs their Diancie-Mega, Kyurem-B, or Tyranitar-Mega and now their Counter is your free KO.

Most importantly, Clairvoyant sets are for the multi-tasker, meaning you could even send in a Normalize user and make it a Normal Type, want to make it Electric? Have the Normalize user with Plasma Fists and turn it into an Electric Move, especially if backed by Electric Terrain! With Plasma Fists being Normal, but Doom Desire being Electric, you literally have Cross Coverage.
Bulbapedia states :
If the user has Normalize or was affected by Electrify when Future Sight hits, it hits as a Normal- or Electric-type move respectively (regardless of whether this was the case when the move was used); however, it cannot be redirected by Lightning Rod even if it is an Electric-type move. Future Sight can now land a critical hit.
Alternatively you could just use:
Set Name: Clairvoyant

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature

- Spore/Lovely Kiss
- Shell Smash/Tail Glow
- Baton Pass

REPLAY (I Believe, based on Bulbapedia, where it states that: Future Sight now calculates its damage when it hits rather than when it is selected. Future Sight uses the user's Special Attack and the hit Pokémon's Special Defense at the time damage is dealt.
In my replays Shell Smash boosts are not multiplying the damage. It may be useful to confirm if there is a bug where it doesn't factor in Stat boosts from Baton Pass (it obviously does for the original user, hence Tail Glow Doom Desire Dialga being an official set, but it doesn't show for Baton Pass).

Here you set up a Future Sight/Doom Desire on the opponent’s Switch after sleeping the foe, and then Shell Smash as Focus Sash preserves your survival. Baton Pass on the major boosts to a Psychic Surge or Steel Worker and suddenly you have a powerhouse move that KOs without even having to Attack.

Keep in mind that this also opens the door for Power Trip and Stored Power (Psychic Surge) shenanigans, not to mention surprise type combo hits from Normalize. Fear Simple hurting your defenses with Shell Smash? Have the recipient use White Herb.

Last edited:
Set Name: Clairvoyance

REPLAY

Deoxys-Attack @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 0 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Spore/Lovely Kiss
- Mind Blown
- Light of Ruin/Destiny Bond

I predict a KO!

The goal of this set is to set up for a Future Offensive Psychic threat. After sleeping the opponent, you Future Sight on the switch. Afterwards, I use Mind Blown, as they typically switch in a Steel Magic Bouncer like Registeel or Solgaleo (as they expect more Status moves after seeing Spore), and therefore not only will Mind Blown hit for 300 Base Power, and be in KO range for Future Sight, but they might even switch out completely.
Light of Ruin is in case they switch in a Dark Type, or other wall ranging from Unaware Gyarados-Mega, or Unaware Zygarde, to Giratina, as Light of Ruin will pack 280 Base Power while Super Effective, and deter them from staying as safely for the Future Sight.

Mind you, Future Sight takes 2 turns to hit at the end of the turn, which means that once Mind Blown or Light of Ruin hits, and causes enough recoil, Emergency Exit will automatically trigger since it will be at 50% or less, which causes Sitrus Berry to trigger, and let’s you switch to another Pokémon. And now, you still have one more turn left to setup or attack.

This next Pokémon would be something with Psychic Surge for the added power- such as MMY, and since Future Sight will be dealing 270 Base Power Damage at the end of the turn thanks to STAB and Terrain, it can set up with Tail Glow, etc. while being immune to Priority, as Future Sight finishes off the opponent so you won’t have to spend the turn attacking. MMY can pack a Coverage move as well in case they try and send in a Dark Type the turn Future Sight would hit (like if you use Moon Blast for Yveltal, Secret Sword for Tyranitar, etc.)

Now, Doom Desire can also be used with a Steelworker Dialga, and while you can definetely feel the difference in stats (MMY has 194 SpA, while Dialga has 150), the Base power is 1/6 higher as Doom Desire has 315 Base power with the ability and STAB compared to Future Sight’s 270 with the Terrain and STAB. Future Sight offers more versality however, as technically you could switch out the Psychic Surge user with Volt Switch or U-Turn and then send in a Pokémon with another ability like Adaptability and boost it further if you don’t have a setup move.

On the Contrary, you could say Steelworker is safer because it doesn’t aid the opponent, as the foe’s moves won’t get a power boost, and they won’t be shielded from Priority, and you could always pack another Terrain for coverage, or use a Prankster user without fear of anti-Priority from your own teammate. Also, Doom Desire has no fear Immunity. In fact, you wouldn’t need to send in your Steelworker until the turn the move would hit- so you could send in a teammate on the turn you use Mind Blown, and then U-turn/Volt Switch/Parting Shot, etc to Dialga.

The HP EVs and IVs are at 0 so Light of Ruin activates Emergency Exit, since unlike Mind Blown which always does 50% (if you have 50% HP plus 1, it will round up and still KO you), Light of Ruin is based on damage dealt, and with how fragile Deoxys-A is, you would rather deal 50% recoil with Light of Ruin to trigger Emergency Exit and Sitrus Berry than not because if you don’t trigger the switch you will likely be KOed by even the foe’s weakest attacks.

Sitrus Berry activates upon recoil after Emergency Exit, but before the switch, guaranteeing that if you do 50% recoil with Mind Blown; you Heal to 75% HP so you will for sure be able to do it a second time. Poison, weather, etc. that’s hurt Deoxys-A at the end of the turn do trigger Emergency Exit, so switching into Toxic Spikes can still prove beneficial (say you switch into Toxic Spikes, after your Sitrus Berry healed you to 75% on the switch out, so you take 12.5% on the turn you are would use Spore, and then another 12.5% on the turn you use Future Sight on their Switch, and bam, you are at 50% again, and Emergency automatically triggers to switch you out st end of turn- actually giving you 2 turns of whatever you like before Future Sight/Doom Desire activates).

I have tested this, it is useful with the right teammate, and I will post replays.

Keep in mind other forms of boosting the power:
Future Sight/Doom Desire can critical hit. This matters more so with Future Sight since you can send in a Psychic Surge user on Mind Blown, and then send in another user with a different ability that boosts Future Sight’s Base Power the turn it hits (whereas Steelworker has to be in play when Doom Desire hits). So if you had Toxic Spikes support, or has already caused Poison with Baneful Bunker, Poison Fang etc. then Merciless could gaurantee the Critical Hit. Adaptability on a Psychic user, Etc.

One thing you could use with Doom Desire is send in a Download user on the turn you use Mind Blown, and then Baton Pass to a Steel Worker so the +1 SpA is granted and boosts Doom Desire.

Simple + Tail Glow, etc. can also make it more powerful, but that would mean not having time to switch to Psychic Surge or Steelworker users.

Of course the biggest benefit of using Future Sight or Doom Desire is to either have time to use a set up move while it will finish off the foe, or have it as a Counter Coverage to your Pokémon. For example, if you send in Rayquaza-Mega with Doom Desire after Mind Blown, the foe won’t be as likely to send in an Ice, Rock or Fairy Type to Counter it, meaning they expect you can stall with Fake-Out, as Doom Desire KOs their Diancie-Mega, Kyurem-B, or Tyranitar-Mega and now their Counter is your free KO.

Most importantly, Clairvoyant sets are for the multi-tasker, meaning you could even send in a Normalize user and make it a Normal Type, want to make it Electric? Have the Normalize user with Plasma Fists and turn it into an Electric Move, especially if backed by Electric Terrain! With Plasma Fists being Normal, but Doom Desire being Electric, you literally have Cross Coverage.
Bulbapedia states :
If the user has Normalize or was affected by Electrify when Future Sight hits, it hits as a Normal- or Electric-type move respectively (regardless of whether this was the case when the move was used); however, it cannot be redirected by Lightning Rod even if it is an Electric-type move. Future Sight can now land a critical hit.
Alternatively you could just use:
Set Name: Clairvoyant

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature

- Spore/Lovely Kiss
- Shell Smash/Tail Glow
- Baton Pass

REPLAY (I Believe, based on Bulbapedia, where it states that: Future Sight now calculates its damage when it hits rather than when it is selected. Future Sight uses the user's Special Attack and the hit Pokémon's Special Defense at the time damage is dealt.
In my replays Shell Smash boosts are not multiplying the damage. It may be useful to confirm if there is a bug where it doesn't factor in Stat boosts from Baton Pass (it obviously does for the original user, hence Tail Glow Doom Desire Dialga being an official set, but it doesn't show for Baton Pass).

Here you set up a Future Sight/Doom Desire on the opponent’s Switch after sleeping the foe, and then Shell Smash as Focus Sash preserves your survival. Baton Pass on the major boosts to a Psychic Surge or Steel Worker and suddenly you have a powerhouse move that KOs without even having to Attack.

Keep in mind that this also opens the door for Power Trip and Stored Power (Psychic Surge) shenanigans, not to mention surprise type combo hits from Normalize. Fear Simple hurting your defenses with Shell Smash? Have the recipient use White Herb.
To clear things up with Doom Deisre and Future Sight, the only stat boosts, abilities, etc that matter are that of the pokemon using the move. The Dialga set abuses this with Draco Meteor and swapping out or setting up before Doom Desire hits. With that said I'd like to give my opinion about these sets.

I'd suggest using MMY over Deoxys-Attack since Deoxys has almost no defense, making most walls with u-turn force it out and gives you more chances if you spore a mon with safety goggles, not to mention that MMY is also stronger.
The Deoxys-Speed set doesn't function so you'd probably be better off using MMY or something similar and passing into a Psychic Terrain sweeper if you intend to pass stats.
Overall the strategy is cool in concept but relies heavily on team support which can be quite challenging if you intend to use it. It also doesn't seem all too rewarding since you can pull out similarly strong moves by using Psychic Terrain and Steel Worker by themselves, with Future Sight being overshadowed by Psycho Boost completely, not having any delay and while the SpAtk drops are there it's not too much different from not being able to use your move again until it hits. As with the original Dialga set, it primarily uses both Draco Meteor and Doom Desire together when running Tinted Lens since that allows Dialga to hit some dragons for super effective damage while still smacking most mons that resist steel

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I actually tested the emergency exit sets a bit yesterday in an offense team since the idea sounded cool. I eventually came to the conclusion that emergency exit, even when you build a team around it, still doesn't manage to pull its weight and more often than not will end up underperforming. Cool idea on paper, but not too effective in practice.

how do you all feel about the idea of a charizard trying to act like diancie? Charizard is weaker physically but still about enought to get the important kills, in addition to having more accurate moves to round off coverage. The difference in speed only matters in theory against things like non-max rayquaza.

252 SpA Life Orb Charizard-Mega-Y Mind Blown vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Solgaleo: 421-499 (88.2 - 104.6%)
252 Atk Life Orb Charizard-Mega-Y Wood Hammer/Volt Tackle vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 226-268 (55.9 - 66.3%)
252 SpA Life Orb Charizard-Mega-Y Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 377-445 (59.2 - 69.9%)
252 SpA Life Orb Charizard-Mega-Y Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar-Mega: 322-380 (79.7 - 94%)

I think Charizard still generally prefers focusing on special attacks so its coverage has more general use than just hitting specific targets. For example...

252 SpA Life Orb Charizard-Mega-Y Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 224-265 (55.4 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The damage difference is negligible, which is notable since Pogre has much higher Special Defense than normal Defense.

Zard-Y though might still be stronger with Aerilate, however.

252 SpA Life Orb Aerilate Charizard-Mega-Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 234-277 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Aerilate Charizard-Mega-Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 339-399 (53.3 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Aerilate Charizard-Mega-Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Flash Fire Ferrothorn: 296-348 (84 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Which are all pretty sizable neutral hits and it still has Blue Flare to roast Steel-types and two coverage slots open beyond for whatever coverage it needs. Granted, Zard-Y is unranked right now and largely unexplored, so my guessing here is largely theoretical in the current meta. I dunno really, Magic Guard gives Rocks/LO recoil immunity plus a good STAB and coverage move, while Aerilate gives very good double STAB, which leaves more potential move slot freedom (basically just need to hit Rock/FF Steels and the occasional Soundproof Slowbro.)

Well threads dead so Ima do a post thing

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Close Combat/Filler

Zygarde-Complete @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Worry Seed
- Recover

This is a core I've been using for a while that I think is pretty cool. Dusk mane has great bulk for setting up, decent attack to do some damage, and its dual stabs, while resisted by common steels, act as if Mane has Tinted lens and Mold Breaker. Not to mention a 200 BP STAB nuke, which it can fire off at will, and usually bop whatever comes in at +2. Zygarde improofs this set, while also providing a decent psyterrain/adapt mmx check, and beating Regigigas with worry seed.

(If for some reason you encounter another Intimidate Zygarde, you have a decent chance to beat it.)
+1 252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 390-460 (61.3 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 195-231 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- 55.1% chance to 3HKO

(Agaisnt Prankster Registeel)
+2 252+ Atk Tinted Lens Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 246-288 (67.5 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (on switchin)
252+ Atk Tinted Lens Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 246-288 (67.5 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(Zen headbutt is replacing photon cause calc does weird things)
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Mewtwo-Mega-X Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete in Psychic Terrain: 207-244 (32.5 - 38.4%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Mewtwo-Mega-X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 165-195 (25.9 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 Atk Regigigas Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 169-199 (26.6 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

A set GL Volkner recommended was steelworker in place of tinted lens, which gets more KOs and can 2hko zygarde at +1, but fairs worse against steels. (tagging to ask for appropriate calcs)

Thoughts?

Ren

Well threads dead so Ima do a post thing

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Close Combat/Filler

Zygarde-Complete @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Worry Seed
- Recover

This is a core I've been using for a while that I think is pretty cool. Dusk mane has great bulk for setting up, decent attack to do some damage, and its dual stabs, while resisted by common steels, act as if Mane has Tinted lens and Mold Breaker. Not to mention a 200 BP STAB nuke, which it can fire off at will, and usually bop whatever comes in at +2. Zygarde improofs this set, while also providing a decent psyterrain/adapt mmx check, and beating Regigigas with worry seed.

(If for some reason you encounter another Intimidate Zygarde, you have a decent chance to beat it.)
+1 252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 390-460 (61.3 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 195-231 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- 55.1% chance to 3HKO

(Agaisnt Prankster Registeel)
+2 252+ Atk Tinted Lens Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 246-288 (67.5 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (on switchin)
252+ Atk Tinted Lens Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 246-288 (67.5 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(Zen headbutt is replacing photon cause calc does weird things)
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Mewtwo-Mega-X Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete in Psychic Terrain: 207-244 (32.5 - 38.4%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Mewtwo-Mega-X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 165-195 (25.9 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 Atk Regigigas Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 169-199 (26.6 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

A set GL Volkner recommended was steelworker in place of tinted lens, which gets more KOs and can 2hko zygarde at +1, but fairs worse against steels. (tagging to ask for appropriate calcs)

Thoughts?
zzz now i have to reply dont i
+2 252+ Atk Steelworker Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 366-432 (100.5 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
ohkos any ff/unaware/bounce registeel fares worse vs prankster but still gets the ohko and gets the 2hko on unaware though odds are you can't win 1v1 so you'll have to play a little smarter on that end
+2 252+ Atk Steelworker Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 778-918 (122.3 - 144.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
ohkos any zygarde after a smash again except for prank but tinted misses out on the ohko entirely
zyg's physically bulkier than tina so you can prob extrapolate it ohkoing tina as well and if you can't then
idk
252+ Atk Steelworker Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-X: 244-289 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
2hkos mmx which tinted misses out on
252+ Atk Steelworker Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-X: 490-577 (117.7 - 138.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
ohkos mmy w/ z which tinted also misses out on
252+ Atk Steelworker Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 490-577 (118.3 - 139.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
z move ohkos mray and sunsteel 2hkos which tinted doesnt do
cba to write more

The fact 216/121 physical defenses is no longer good enough to wall physical attackers changed the meta alot.
Nobody should know better than ShedMiddleFinga as he reached rank 1+2 on the ladder. Big respect to you. (5 spots of top 10 now).

I lost to him in a tour because his Zygarde-C used Final Gambit against my defensive M-Gyarados, exposing the rest of the team to his Imposter.
This is why Giratina is the prime wall, it blocks so much minor stuff.

The old Giratina + Chansey + MMY + M-Audino + Steeltype + Joker teamcore still works wonders.
Because of that Imposterproofed M-Gengar is far more deadly than its potential suggests.

Is there a an anti time losing tool out by now ?
This battle couple minutes ago looked like it was made with such an assistance.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-702480468

I haven't played BH since The end of Sun and moon, and I don't know what to expect anymore. Whats Good Nowadays?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)