BH Balanced Hackmons

Three things I noticed nobody pointed out...

1) Geomancy boosts Special Attack, but Power Trip is physical. So, you're using an unboosted BP 260 physical attack (before STAB). That sounds good, but keep in mind such power levels are obtainable more directly and even easily exceed it. For example, STAB Specs Aerilate Boomburst has an equivalent power to a unboosted, non-STAB, neutral-effectiveness BP of ~421* and can be fired instantly from turn 1. You really should use an attack boosting move. Just compare here, one Geomancy versus one Shell Smash using your set...

Geomancy 252- Atk Darkrai Power Trip (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 207-244 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO

Shell Smash +4 252- Atk Darkrai Power Trip (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 619-730 (139.4 - 164.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not to mention, your main STAB is on Darkrai's weaker base 90 attack versus its base 135 attack (and the 135 is just barely passable for attacking in this meta). Which is major problematic since the Dark-type lacks any real high damage moves to begin with outside of a heavily boosted Power Trip.

*I might be off since I kinda rushed the numbers using the calculator instead of manually mathing it out myself. I compared 135 Atk/SpA Flying-type vs Arceus, full EVs and IVs, neutral natures. Used Tackle set to Psychicl to avoid boost from Aerilate.and STABs. Specs kinda fudges the math a bit anyway since it operates on the user's stat rather than the move's base power, so the effective power is gonna go up or down depending on the user's special attack. I'd redo it to compare to Mega-Ray for more meta accuracy, but don't feel like it right now.

2) The set-up only works once, usually. If you get forced out after burning your Power Herb, the odds of setting up again are incredibly slim.

3) If you lose your Power Herb to a faster opponent on the turn you click Geomancy, you're screwed. If you lose it before clicking Geomancy, you're at least less screwed and, as long as you've not been scouted, you'll at least have a little bit better chances of setting up than the scenario in point #2. Not a lot though.

Bonus 4) You really ought to just use Quiver Dance on any sets you're considering Geomancy. Yes, it sets up slower than Power Herb, but it frees up your item slot and it's much, much, much less prone to backfiring or getting screwed over by random Knock Offs or shuffles.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I think your sets are fine individually, my only concern is not having an anti-Imposter for Slaking. Either Normalium-Z and/or Toxic Spikes support would help it if Imposter came in, and would at least discourage it from wanting to come in.

I already posted why it would help, so here is a link for convenience: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3587475/post-8027185

In either case. I think Audino-Mega could go over Zygarde for that particular moveset, here is my post literally using those exact moves on an Unaware Audino-Mega:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3587475/page-69#post-8025385I think it is important to be Imposterproof, afterall, what if Chansey Imposters your Zygarde and then Spectral Thiefs it on the Speed tie, where your Zygarde goes second to Baton Pass, but their Imposter went first and stole the boosts with Spectral Thief. Audino-Mega prevents them from outspeeding you on a Speed tie and stealing your boosts before you Baton Pass.
Sometimes I Predict and use Spectral Thief when the Imposter will Baton Pass, hoping I go second, and when I do, I take their boosts to whomever they Baton pass to that isn’t a Normal Type. It effectively doubles my boosts on their switch-in, and allows me to then Baton Pass all of it to my teammate.

If you decide to add Toxic Spikes, which would help vs Shedinja as well, I could see that Gengar-Mega would be useful to stall Poison Damage with Entrainment, and soften up your foes as you set up with Quiver Dance. It would also deter its own checks and counters by putting counters on their HP.

Due to U-Turn, I would remove all Speed on Aegislash so it can function as a slow pivot. Rapid Spin can replace Defog to avoid Imposter clearing away hazards, as now Imposter cannot clear hazards since it is a Ghost-Type Pokemon. I also feel like that beyond Shedinja, Mold Breaker isn’t being utilized.

Since we discussed Toxic Spikes, why not replace Pursuit with Toxic Spikes? No more Magic Bounce, and even with Imposter- Gengar-Mega can Absorb the Toxic Spikes while continuing to block Rapid Spin, whereas Defog would clear it. Further, Gengar-Mega threatens our Aegislash Imposter with Spooky Plate, while Aegislash cannot even use Pursuit against Gengar and has to settle for a 4x resisted U-Turn to do any damage vs Gengar-Mega.

Another great thing is if the foe has Toxic Spikes of their own, Aegislash is immune and can switch in to Rapid Spin or use other moves, (in the event Gengar-Mega is KOed).

I feel like Garchomp-Mega would be a good fit for your team because it would break Prankster Registeel, Zygarde, and Giratina, so you could sweep with your Belly Drummers.
I would opt for Technician and use an Adamant Nature:

Garchomp-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Dual Chop
- Ice Shard
- Bolt Strike

Ice Shard is for Specs Boomburst Rayquaza, Sceptile-Mega, opposing Garchomp-Mega, and for hitting Prankster Zygarde-Mega before it can use Shore Up. Ice Shard also threatens Beedrill-Mega and Aerodactyl-Mega when Stealth Rocks is on the field.

From here, Volt Absorb Celesteela is a strong Imposterproof.

Celesteela @ Leftovers / Safety Goggles
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Roost
- Beak Blast
- Core Enforcer
- Volt Switch

Beak Blast works on any U-Turners, Core Enforcer breaks Normal Poison Healers like Regigigas, and Volt Switch hits things like Kyogre and Yveltal on the switch.

Overall here is how the team would look:
shield (Aegislash) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Rapid Spin

sunday (Slaking) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief

gengod (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Boomburst
- Entrainment
- Quiver Dance

Garchomp-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Dual Chop
- Ice Shard
- Bolt Strike

Celesteela @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Beak Blast
- Core Enforcer
- Volt Switch

Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Baton Pass
This team works as follows: set up Toxic Spikes early on, and pivot to Gengar-Mega, blocking Rapid Spin and stalling with Normalize to rack up Damage, then Quiver Dance, letting you better survive surprise Triage Oblivion Wings from Priority Rayquaza-Mega that think they can outspeed you to bypass Entrainment repeatedly before switching out.

Entrainment on Defensive Pokémon also break Poison Heal, and basically is blocked by Comastose (which also blocks Toxic Spikes), but can still be hit hard by Judgment Spooky Plate, especially after a few Quiver Dance boosts.

From here, they will likely have a Steel Type or Flying type, such as RegenVest Dialga or Yveltal which can avoid the Poison Status and possibly threaten with Revelation Dance, to which you would need to send in a wall breaker threat, right off the bat.

This is where Garchomp-Mega shines, Bolt Striking Yveltal, Bonemeranging Dialga; and Ice Sharding any faster sweepers that don’t realize what just happened: You are almost able to hit any Pokémon in the game for at least 1-2HKO neutral damage... except for your own Celesteela.

Due to Dragon hitting Dragon, even Imposter has a difficult time switching in. When it does, know that you didn’t give Garchomp any setup moves, and the strongest move it can use against Celesteela is a resisted Dual Chop, or an unSTABbed Ice Shard, without a Life Orb, and which is further deterred by Beak Blast...

As they inevitably switch, you use Volt Switch, and send in Slaking, knowing that their best Slaking counters: Unaware and Prankster are afflicted with Poison from Toxic Spikes, unless they are Unaware Yveltal, or Prankster Registeel. Either case, Garchomp-Mega can threaten both out again, causing them to rack up more damage.

This team is able to go from hazard set up (Aegislash), to offensive pressure Stall (Gengar), to Wall Breaker (Garchomp), to anti-Imposter and Defensive pressure (Celesteela). By the time Slaking comes out to sweep, their team should be worn down.

If the foe has a Heavy offensive team, Audino-Mega can take Spores for the team, steal boosts from non-Normals and pass to either Garhomp-Mega or Slaking, and back down opposing Imposter Slaking if yours is fainted, (say it was Leech Seeded), blocking Imposter’s Spectral and negating their Belly Drum due to Unaware. Now if they have to Struggle or Extreme Speed, you are not scared. A supportive, defensive pressure of its own due to Baton Pass+Spectral Thief.

Overall, this team has offensive, and even defensive pressure while racking up Poison Damage. Gengar says no to Poison Heal, Magic Guard (Diancie-Mega), and slower Contrarians like Rayquaza-Mega. Also, Entrainment makes -ates Normal, so Specs Rayquaza with Boomburst is checked by Gengar-Mega.

This team goes from loss to absolute boss. #Slay-King.

Last edited:
I think your sets are fine individually, my only concern is not having an anti-Imposter for Slaking. Either Normalium-Z and/or Toxic Spikes support would help it if Imposter came in, and would at least discourage it from wanting to come in.

I already posted why it would help, so here is a link for convenience: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3587475/post-8027185

In either case. I think Audino-Mega could go over Zygarde for that particular moveset, here is my post literally using those exact moves on an Unaware Audino-Mega:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3587475/page-69#post-8025385I think it is important to be Imposterproof, afterall, what if Chansey Imposters your Zygarde and then Spectral Thiefs it on the Speed tie, where your Zygarde goes second to Baton Pass, but their Imposter went first and stole the boosts with Spectral Thief. Audino-Mega prevents them from outspeeding you on a Speed tie and stealing your boosts before you Baton Pass.
Sometimes I Predict and use Spectral Thief when the Imposter will Baton Pass, hoping I go second, and when I do, I take their boosts to whomever they Baton pass to that isn’t a Normal Type. It effectively doubles my boosts on their switch-in, and allows me to then Baton Pass all of it to my teammate.

If you decide to add Toxic Spikes, which would help vs Shedinja as well, I could see that Gengar-Mega would be useful to stall Poison Damage with Entrainment, and soften up your foes as you set up with Quiver Dance. It would also deter its own checks and counters by putting counters on their HP.

Due to U-Turn, I would remove all Speed on Aegislash so it can function as a slow pivot. Rapid Spin can replace Defog to avoid Imposter clearing away hazards, as now Imposter cannot clear hazards since it is a Ghost-Type Pokemon. I also feel like that beyond Shedinja, Mold Breaker isn’t being utilized.

Since we discussed Toxic Spikes, why not replace Pursuit with Toxic Spikes? No more Magic Bounce, and even with Imposter- Gengar-Mega can Absorb the Toxic Spikes while continuing to block Rapid Spin, whereas Defog would clear it. Further, Gengar-Mega threatens our Aegislash Imposter with Spooky Plate, while Aegislash cannot even use Pursuit against Gengar and has to settle for a 4x resisted U-Turn to do any damage vs Gengar-Mega.

Another great thing is if the foe has Toxic Spikes of their own, Aegislash is immune and can switch in to Rapid Spin or use other moves, (in the event Gengar-Mega is KOed).

I feel like Garchomp-Mega would be a good fit for your team because it would break Prankster Registeel, Zygarde, and Giratina, so you could sweep with your Belly Drummers.
I would opt for Technician and use an Adamant Nature:

Garchomp-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Dual Chop
- Ice Shard
- Bolt Strike

Ice Shard is for Specs Boomburst Rayquaza, Sceptile-Mega, opposing Garchomp-Mega, and for hitting Prankster Zygarde-Mega before it can use Shore Up. Ice Shard also threatens Beedrill-Mega and Aerodactyl-Mega when Stealth Rocks is on the field.

From here, Volt Absorb Celesteela is a strong Imposterproof.

Celesteela @ Leftovers / Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Beak Blast
- Core Enforcer
- Volt Switch

Beak Blast works on any U-Turners, Core Enforcer breaks Normal Poison Healers like Regigigas, and Volt Switch hits things like Kyogre and Yveltal on the switch.

Overall here is how the team would look:
shield (Aegislash) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Rapid Spin

sunday (Slaking) @ Normalium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief

gengod (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Boomburst
- Entrainment
- Quiver Dance

Garchomp-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Dual Chop
- Ice Shard
- Bolt Strike

Celesteela @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Beak Blast
- Core Enforcer
- Volt Switch

Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Baton Pass
This team works as follows: set up Toxic Spikes early on, and pivot to Gengar-Mega, blocking Rapid Spin and stalling with Normalize to rack up Damage, then Quiver Dance, letting you better survive surprise Triage Oblivion Wings from Priority Rayquaza-Mega that think they can outspeed you to bypass Entrainment repeatedly before switching out.

Entrainment on Defensive Pokémon also break Poison Heal, and basically is blocked by Comastose (which also blocks Toxic Spikes), but can still be hit hard by Judgment Spooky Plate, especially after a few Quiver Dance boosts.

From here, they will likely have a Steel Type or Flying type, such as RegenVest Dialga or Yveltal which can avoid the Poison Status and possibly threaten with Revelation Dance, to which you would need to send in a wall breaker threat, right off the bat.

This is where Garchomp-Mega shines, Bolt Striking Yveltal, Bonemeranging Dialga; and Ice Sharding any faster sweepers that don’t realize what just happened: You are almost able to hit any Pokémon in the game for at least 1-2HKO neutral damage... except for your own Celesteela.

Due to Dragon hitting Dragon, even Imposter has a difficult time switching in. When it does, know that you didn’t give Garchomp any setup moves, and the strongest move it can use against Celesteela is a resisted Dual Chop, or an unSTABbed Ice Shard, without a Life Orb, and which is further deterred by Beak Blast...

As they inevitably switch, you use Volt Switch, and send in Slaking, knowing that their best Slaking counters: Unaware and Prankster are afflicted with Poison from Toxic Spikes, unless they are Unaware Yveltal, or Prankster Registeel. Either case, Garchomp-Mega can threaten both out again, causing them to rack up more damage.

This team is able to go from hazard set up (Aegislash), to offensive pressure Stall (Gengar), to Wall Breaker (Garchomp), to anti-Imposter and Defensive pressure (Celesteela). By the time Slaking comes out to sweep, their team should be worn down.

If the foe has a Heavy offensive team, Audino-Mega can take Spores for the team, steal boosts from non-Normals and pass to either Garhomp-Mega or Slaking, and back down opposing Imposter Slaking if yours is fainted, (say it was Leech Seeded), blocking Imposter’s Spectral and negating their Belly Drum due to Unaware. Now if they have to Struggle or Extreme Speed, you are not scared. A supportive, defensive pressure of its own due to Baton Pass+Spectral Thief.

Overall, this team has offensive, and even defensive pressure while racking up Poison Damage. Gengar says no to Poison Heal, Magic Guard (Diancie-Mega), and slower Contrarians like Rayquaza-Mega. Also, Entrainment makes -ates Normal, so Specs Rayquaza with Boomburst is checked by Gengar-Mega.

This team goes from loss to absolute boss. #Slay-King.
ok
wow
i didnt expect this much but thank you, the team works great.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
i don't know that team honestly has several problems

first off, opposing normalize gar shuts down everything outside of your unstabbed ice shards. they can call out chomp/slaking switchins with entrainment or attacks on the switch, wearing them down and making them unstable answers in the long run.

secondly, ate users are a big threat. v create or just boomburst pressure deals with celesteela. specs literally clicks boomburst and takes someone out every time it comes in. espeed means gar forces them out only a couple times. boomburst is doing a million to slaking so you're forced to use zmove immediately (meaning if you get forced out you can't drum again).

shed completely walls slaking and chomp, leaving only normalize gar as your way around it. normalize gar is not a good way around shed. mold breaker tspikes are ok but not reliable in the slightest especially on such a passive mon.

imposter recovers for free on both celesteela and audino, and forces slaking out after it drums and burns zmove. your only way around it is trading tspikes if gar is alive (if gar is dead, slaking gets poisoned and dies too).

you have no reliable hazard removal. aegi gets spinblocked by all ghosts bar shed.

your sleep protection is 2 passive goggles users. ph regi wins if celesteela is even slightly weakened and both goggles are knocked. ph xern can just 1v1 audino with magma and kiss then proceed to set up on aegi and sweep. disruptor ph mons (spore mmx, phero, and even the legendary ph zeraora) are incredibly problematic and steal momentum so you can lose even if they don't just sweep by themselves.

drummers set up on aegi and maybe celesteela and sweep. sunsteel is always run and kills audino. even kartana is unfazed by ice shard. sacred fire and arrows bypass celesteela.

i'd recommend trying out more consistent stuff, because although these one-time sweepers can win some ladder games, they can be easily shut down if the opponent is prepared.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
first off, opposing normalize gar shuts down everything outside of your unstabbed ice shards. they can call out chomp/slaking switchins with entrainment or attacks on the switch, wearing them down and making them unstable answers in the long run.
I can agree that an opposing Gengar with Normalize can impact members of the team. It also depends when it is sent in. Typically I can just use Audino-Mega, which can Spectral Thief Gengar-Mega on Dazzling / / Adaptability / Mold Breaker variants that assume I will switch out (fearing a Sludge Wave) so they can set up Shell Smash. If Normalize, no problem, I can simple let it use Entrainment as I slow Baton Pass to Gachomp-Mega. Entrainment doesn’t get Baton Passed, and if they try to Entrainment me again, I can switch back to Audino-Mega, and use slow Baton Pass for more Ice Shards. Easy in, easy out, as Gengar cannot hurt Audino with STAB on Normalize sets. ;) Boomburst can also only do so much.

If they opt for Shell Smash on their Normalize sets, then Ice Shard does 2HKOs from Life Orb Chomp.
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Garchomp-Mega Ice Shard vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Gengar-Mega: 157-186 (48.4 - 57.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

Sometime Audino will force a switch when they realize what I am doing.

If my Slaking Belly Drums on their switch in, they risk a +6 Ice Shard (I.e. if they think I will use PHeal Slaking, and don’t realize what just happened).
Ice Shard Tech Life Orb Mega Chomp is a 3HKO to Gengar.
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Garchomp-Mega Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gengar-Mega: 104-123 (32 - 37.9%) -- 95.4% chance to 3HKO

secondly, ate users are a big threat. v create or just boomburst pressure deals with celesteela. specs literally clicks boomburst and takes someone out every time it comes in. espeed means gar forces them out only a couple times. boomburst is doing a million to slaking so you're forced to use zmove immediately (meaning if you get forced out you can't drum again).
Let’s address this.
If Slaking uses Z-Belly Drum, it goes after Boomburst, heals and boosts, leaving it at 50% + 1, so it can then sweep without fear of Extreme Speed, due to Dazzling, but it can also come back in and Belly Drum down to 1 HP on a safe switch (say you switch Slaking into Moongeist, Tail Glow, Oblivion Wing, Giga Drain/Substitute/Drain Punch Triage Rayquaza, who cannot touch Slaking). Okay?

Setpedia:
Refrigerate
Kyurem-Black @ Icicle Plate / Safety Goggles / Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Happiness: 0
Naughty / Jolly Nature
- Fake Out / King’s Shield / U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst / Frustration
- Precipice Blades / Bolt Strike / V-create

For coverage, according to the Setpedia, V-Create is the least recommended (final option slashed in) coverage move. Aegislash can easily wall it’s STAB, and isn’t scared of Bolt Strike.

If it has Precipice Blades, or Bolt Strike, Celesteela can also switch into that, survive the Boomburst and use Core Enforcer to remove its -ate ability, heal up, and Volt Switch to a Ghost to avoid the formerly -ate Ice moves, Gengar won’t fear Extreme Speed and can Entrain and set up from there. Volt Absorb, and typing handles Bolt Strike, Precipice Blades anyways. Also Life Orb, due to a Stealth Rock weakness, is the least recommended item (final option slashed in), similar to Rayquaza-Mega. Beak Blast can also be used if the foe has Frustration over Boomburst, and tbh I rarely see Boomburst.

Audino-Mega can also Core Enforcer to remove STAB, and then wall it’s hits. I don’t want to assume it has V-Create and Precipices on the same set if the suggested set lists one or the other.
——————————
As for Rayquaza, it has better mixed stats, but worse coverage, plus a Tech Chomp Ice Shard does a minimum of 87,5%, so any minor chip means it is a 1HKO, so unless it is using priority Extreme Speed on a weakened Chomp, it’s done.

Setpedia
Mixed Aerilate
Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate / Safety Goggles / Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
Naive Nature
- Fake Out / King’s Shield
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- V-Create / Precipice Blades / Thousand Arrows / U-turn

Choice Specs Aerilate
Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Timid / Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Secret Sword / Magma Storm / Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch / Extreme Speed

For Specs, Audino-Mega walls Draco, Celesteela walls Volt Switch and forces them to lose their pivot, Ghosts wall Secret Sword and Gengar outspeeds for Entrainment games. As for the Steels survivability:

252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 239-282 (60 - 70.8%) -- not a KO

252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 180-214 (55.5 - 66%) -- not a KO

252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 206-243 (51.7 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

After Core Enforcer

252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 114-135 (28.6 - 33.9%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO

So not a 2HKO, as Celesteela can just heal after Core Enforcer.

252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 156-183 (48.1 - 56.4%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO

Now, I could just switch to a Sassy nature:

252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 141-167 (43.5 - 51.5%) -- 8.6% chance to 2HKO

And stall with Shore Up if needed.

If facing Aegislash, I would simple U-Turn to Gengar on Specs Rayquaza, forcing a switch as I use Entrainment. Or send in Garchomp-Mega for the Ice Shard. Since most people don’t expect a Scarf or Ice Shard on Garchomp-Mega, they tend to stay in thinking I will be 1HKOed by their Specs move.

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Garchomp-Mega Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 364-432 (87.9 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

I don’t want to have to run thru all of Diancie-Megas Pixelate set calcs, but it’s basicslly a weaker Rayquaza, and if Rayquaza can barely 2HKO, then we know Diancie-Mega cannot on Aegislash, especially if I simply switch to Sassy, as even Celesteela, whom is less bulky can make it a near sure 3HKO:
252 SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 171-201 (42.9 - 50.5%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO

Yep. A nature change changes a lot.
shed completely walls slaking and chomp, leaving only normalize gar as your way around it. normalize gar is not a good way around shed. mold breaker tspikes are ok but not reliable in the slightest especially on such a passive mon.
Um, Aegislash has Mold Breaker so it’s U-Turn bypasses Sturdy for the 1HKO, while Immune to Endeavor and Extreme Speed. Toxic Spikes is only half of what it can do to stop Shedinja. Gengar removes its ability letting anything else KO it, (say Gengar was hit by Knock Off, it can just use Entrainment and switch to something else if it must). It can also just stay in and stall Endeavors, and force switches since Shedinja can’t even use U-Turn.
Celesteela can use Beak Blast and Burn Shedinja, and if the Shedinja isn’t lowest Speed, which occasionally happens, Core Enforcer on Audino-Mega can be used, letting me take Endeavor, Core Enforcer, and then switch to Slaking for the Dazzling blocking priority attacks, and KO.

Stop ignoring what my team can do, at least acknowledge Aegislash Mold Breaker, and consider Beak Blast. Endeavor and Extreme Speed are contact moves afterall, and while Protective Pads may be an item, I do see Focus Sash for handling Mold Breaker moves like Sunsteel Strike. Not all sets are the same.
imposter recovers for free on both celesteela and audino, and forces slaking out after it drums and burns zmove. your only way around it is trading tspikes if gar is alive (if gar is dead, slaking gets poisoned and dies too).
Aegislash can stall out Imposter and Rapid Spin on their Switch. Slaking can stall out Imposter until it will need to use Struggle, and then switch to Audino-Mega, who has Unaware. Imposter has to switch and you can Baton Pass to Gengar or Garchomp so the next time it comes in your Gengar can wall Imposter Gengsr, or your Celesteela can wall Garchomp, and they cannot heal.

I have also intentionally sent in Slaking again, as sometimes the Imposters will Belly Drum, and when they do, o switch to Audino, wall them, and when they switch out, they are at less than 50%. Keep in mind, I can also Core Enforcer Imposter with Audino, letting me slow Baton Pass to my Slaking or Garchomp and finish them off if they are weakened, or slow pivot to Gengar to hit them with Boomburst before they land Struggle.

Since Struggle doesn’t get a STAB boost, as of gen 2 onwards, could also use Celesteela for Beak Blast, to cause a Burn, and stall it.

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Slaking Struggle vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 256-302 (64.3 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Then Burn, and switch to Audino for even less damage... not my favorite solution, but it could work to permanently impact Chansey for passive damage. Don’t forget the Struggle recoil of 25%+6.25% Burn accumulated quickly.
you have no reliable hazard removal. aegi gets spinblocked by all ghosts bar shed.
Gengar deters Ghosts, as Aegislash slow U-Turns. Garchomp discourages Giratina, Aegislash, and Gengar from simply switching into a STAB move. Aegislash can pivot to Gengar to absorb Imposter Toxic Spikes.
Other than that, I agree. I guess having Steel types helps vs Toxic Spikes, as is having Celesteela unaffected by Spikes, and having priority moves allow me to worry less about Sticky Webs. Gengar, can also come in on a slower threat, force a switch with Entrainment, and Quiver Dance to negate the Sticky Webs -Speed effect. Aegislash still can surprise people and come in though for the Rapid Spin.
your sleep protection is 2 passive goggles users. ph regi wins if celesteela is even slightly weakened and both goggles are knocked. ph xern can just 1v1 audino with magma and kiss then proceed to set up on aegi and sweep. disruptor ph mons (spore mmx, phero, and even the legendary ph zeraora) are incredibly problematic and steal momentum so you can lose even if they don't just sweep by themselves.
Okay, so I understand where you are coming from. I also know that if they use Knock Off on Audino-Mega, during that turn I can use Core Enforcer or Baton Pass on Regi, and send in Entrainment Gar, Celesteela can also Core Enforcer or Volt Switch.
As for Xerneas I can use Spectral Thief on Audino-Mega, which helps with Unaware, and since Xerneas doesn’t use Knock Off, I won’t fear Spore.
Since the other PH dont typically carry Sunsteel or Photon (see below), according to the Setpedia, Audino should do alright. Celesteela also walls Zoroara thanks to Volt Absorb, and threatens with Core Enforcer.
Poison Heal

Setpedia
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash / Knock Off
- Spore
- Leech Seed

No Photon, if Icicle Crash - as it’s the first and preferred move, it will be walled by Aegislash, who can Rapid Spin Leech Seed, and slow pivot to Audino or Celesteela for Core Enforcer. Not a problem.
If Knock Off, it’s power won’t be that strong due to the reduction to 65 base power, and Aegislash’s Low Kick immunity.

Pheromosa carries Knock Off, but with a possible Sleep Clause becoming a rule, I also think Sleep will be a reduced concern.

No Setpedia for Zeroara... ;(
drummers set up on aegi and maybe celesteela and sweep. sunsteel is always run and kills audino. even kartana is unfazed by ice shard. sacred fire and arrows bypass celesteela.
So, Which drummers besides Kartana? Celesteela can Core Enforcer Unburden users, or Beak Blast to Burn foes on contact moves. Thousand Arrows is neutral on the first hit when it removes the Flying immunity. Be more specific when you include more than Kartana. If at 1/2 HP due to Belly Drum, if it takes damage the turn it uses Belly Drum it can be a risky option. Plus, if Toxic Spikes is up, other Belly Drummers can be worn down.
i'd recommend trying out more consistent stuff, because although these one-time sweepers can win some ladder games, they can be easily shut down if the opponent is prepared.
Garchomp-Mega is a variant of Adaptability and for its primarily STAB, has about the same base power, trading out Draco Meteor for priority, on top of that I think my Setpedia Norm Gengar-Mega is pretty standard as it’s matches the -

Setpedia:
Normalize
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance / Shell Smash
- Taunt / Moongeist Beam / Psystrike / Boomburst.

As for Slaking, it might not fit on every team, but it can function well with a Toxic Spikes supporter, can Belly Drum up to 4 times, and like many other Pokemon that sweep, might not be 100% Self-Improof, but can under Z-move Breakneck Blitz, and with teammate such like Unaware Audino-Mega is not a concern. Pokemon like Sheer Force MMY and Contrary Sweepers also risk being Impostered by Eviolite and/or Scarf users. Unlike them, however, a Slaking at least forces a Struggle, and can do well against priority users that’s typically threaten sweepers.

I also want to note, I wanted to keep some remnants of his team intact, hence keeping 3/6 Pokemon he originally chose, keeping the same set he had on Zygarde-Complete and just making it Audino-Mega, and then switch out Kartana and Ferrothorn for synergistic Tech Chomp and Celesteela, so as not to multiply a Fighting weakness.

Therefore I didn’t want to make a brand new team, and kept core concepts like Mold Breaker Aegislash, and Slaking in with 1-2 tweaks at most.
I don’t plan to post further replies to this topic as my computer is down.

Readers can excuse any pointless posts that follow, regarding this topic, as I won’t have read it.

#Done.

P.S. Fair points Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request), I hide them so as not to make the long post take up too much space, as I addressed each point.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
I can agree that an opposing Gengar with Normalize can impact members of the team. It also depends when it is sent in. Typically I can just use Audino-Mega, which can Spectral Thief Gengar-Mega on Dazzling / / Adaptability / Mold Breaker variants that assume I will switch out (fearing a Sludge Wave) so they can set up Shell Smash. If Normalize, no problem, I can simple let it use Entrainment as I slow Baton Pass to Gachomp-Mega. Entrainment doesn’t get Baton Passed, and if they try to Entrainment me again, I can switch back to Audino-Mega, and use slow Baton Pass for more Ice Shards. Easy in, easy out, as Gengar cannot hurt Audino with STAB on Normalize sets. ;) Boomburst can also only do so much.
Ok so if you mispredict with your Audino against their MGar your Audino is basically dead.
252 SpA Adaptability Gengar-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 292-348 (71.2 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Gengar-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 440-520 (107.3 - 126.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Against NormGar if they entrain you on the switch while they are at +2 you are pretty screwed lol.
+2 252 SpA Gengar-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 228-269 (55.6 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
If they opt for Shell Smash on their Normalize sets, then Ice Shard does 2HKOs from Life Orb Chomp.
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Garchomp-Mega Ice Shard vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Gengar-Mega: 157-186 (48.4 - 57.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
And they can predict this every single time and your Garchomp only has 11 times to attack thanks to the amazing LO and after your Chomp is dead you can't touch Gar.
If my Slaking Belly Drums on their switch in, they risk a +6 Ice Shard (I.e. if they think I will use PHeal Slaking, and don’t realize what just happened).
Ice Shard Tech Life Orb Mega Chomp is a 3HKO to Gengar.
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Garchomp-Mega Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gengar-Mega: 104-123 (32 - 37.9%) -- 95.4% chance to 3HKO
No one will think you are using PH slaking if there is no Toxic Orb activation.
Let’s address this.
If Slaking uses Z-Belly Drum, it goes after Boomburst, heals and boosts, leaving it at 50% + 1, so it can then sweep without fear of Extreme Speed, due to Dazzling, but it can also come back in and Belly Drum down to 1 HP on a safe switch (say you switch Slaking into Moongeist, Tail Glow, Oblivion Wing, Giga Drain/Substitute/Drain Punch Triage Rayquaza, who cannot touch Slaking). Okay?
252 SpA Sky Plate Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Slaking: 435-513 (86.3 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Slaking: 541-637 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Slaking: 397-468 (78.7 - 92.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
252 SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Slaking: 495-583 (98.2 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
All of these, are, of course, assuming your slaking got a free switch into the -ate user, which isn't going to happen with against a competant player. If you hard switch slaking, its dead lol. Triage Ray runs EP, Spore, or Sword regularly unless you are trying to improof.
Setpedia:
Refrigerate
Kyurem-Black @ Icicle Plate / Safety Goggles / Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Happiness: 0
Naughty / Jolly Nature
- Fake Out / King’s Shield / U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst / Frustration
- Precipice Blades / Bolt Strike / V-create

For coverage, according to the Setpedia, V-Create is the least recommended (final option slashed in) coverage move. Aegislash can easily wall it’s STAB, and isn’t scared of Bolt Strike.

If it has Precipice Blades, or Bolt Strike, Celesteela can also switch into that, survive the Boomburst and use Core Enforcer to remove its -ate ability, heal up, and Volt Switch to a Ghost to avoid the formerly -ate Ice moves, Gengar won’t fear Extreme Speed and can Entrain and set up from there. Volt Absorb, and typing handles Bolt Strike, Precipice Blades anyways. Also Life Orb, due to a Stealth Rock weakness, is the least recommended item (final option slashed in), similar to Rayquaza-Mega. Beak Blast can also be used if the foe has Frustration over Boomburst, and tbh I rarely see Boomburst.

Audino-Mega can also Core Enforcer to remove STAB, and then wall it’s hits. I don’t want to assume it has V-Create and Precipices on the same set if the suggested set lists one or the other.
252 SpA Icicle Plate Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 222-262 (55.7 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 190-224 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Once again, you are assuming Celesteela comes in safely, when Boomburst just 2HKOs, you don't get to Core lol.
252+ Atk Icicle Plate Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gengar-Mega: 229-271 (70.6 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
IDK about you, but IMO thats a lot of damage lol.
Boomburst is literally standard.
As for Rayquaza, it has better mixed stats, but worse coverage, plus a Tech Chomp Ice Shard does a minimum of 87,5%, so any minor chip means it is a 1HKO, so unless it is using priority Extreme Speed on a weakened Chomp, it’s done.
Once again your Garchomp only has 11 attacks and needs a safe switch, LO will slowly pull it down to ESpeed Range as well.
Setpedia
Mixed Aerilate
Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate / Safety Goggles / Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Fake Out / King’s Shield
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- V-Create / Precipice Blades / Thousand Arrows / U-turn

Choice Specs Aerilate
Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Timid / Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Secret Sword / Magma Storm / Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch / Extreme Speed

For Specs, Audino-Mega walls Draco, Celesteela walls Volt Switch and forces them to lose their pivot, Ghosts wall Secret Sword and Gengar outspeeds for Entrainment games.
You don't need to click Draco, Volt Switch, or Secret Sword if Boomburst is 2HKOing your entire team lol.
As for the Steels survivability:

252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 239-282 (60 - 70.8%) -- not a KO

252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 180-214 (55.5 - 66%) -- not a KO

252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 206-243 (51.7 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

After Core Enforcer

252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 114-135 (28.6 - 33.9%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO

So not a 2HKO, as Celesteela can just heal after Core Enforcer.

252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 156-183 (48.1 - 56.4%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO

Now, I could just switch to a Sassy nature:

252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 141-167 (43.5 - 51.5%) -- 8.6% chance to 2HKO

And stall with Shore Up if needed.
Once again there is 0 reason to click Draco Meteor when Boom 2HKOs everything. Your Aegislash is going to be pretty darn difficult to keep at full health so it can drop, especially if a coverage move like EP or Moongeist bops it lol. You also can't Core with Cele if you get 2HKOed by Boomburst.
If facing Aegislash, I would simple U-Turn to Gengar on Specs Rayquaza, forcing a switch as I use Entrainment. Or send in Garchomp-Mega for the Ice Shard. Since most people don’t expect a Scarf or Ice Shard on Garchomp-Mega, they tend to stay in thinking I will be 1HKOed by their Specs move.

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Garchomp-Mega Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 364-432 (87.9 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
I don't understand the first part, you U-turn on an Aegislash and bring in Gengar on Specs Ray? How did Aegislash magically turn into Rayquaza. Also if people see you voluntarily switch in Chomp they will be cautious and switch out, especially since your chomp reveals item right away lol.
I don’t want to have to run thru all of Diancie-Megas Pixilate set calcs, but it’s basicslly a weaker Rayquaza, and if Rayquaza can barely 2HKO, then we know Diancie-Mega cannot on Aegislash, especially if I simply switch to Sassy, as even Celesteela, whom is less bulky can make it a near sure 3HKO:
252 SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 171-201 (42.9 - 50.5%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO

Yep. A nature change changes a lot.
Specs Diancie regularly runs +SpA but even if it isn't it still 2HKOs your steel with either Coverage or Chip. Normal Pixi Diancie also bops your steel with V-Create lol, same with rayquaza.
Um, Aegislash has Mold Breaker so it’s U-Turn bypasses Sturdy for the 1HKO, while Immune to Endeavor and Extreme Speed. Toxic Spikes is only half of what it can do to stop Shedinja. Gengar removes its ability letting anything else KO it, (say Gengar was hit by Knock Off, it can just use Entrainment and switch to something else if it must). It can also just stay in and stall Endeavors, and force switches since Shedinja can’t even use U-Turn.
Celesteela can use Beak Blast and Burn Shedinja, and if the Shedinja isn’t lowest Speed, which occasionally happens, Core Enforcer on Audino-Mega can be used, letting me take Endeavor, Core Enforcer, and then switch to Slaking for the Dazzling blocking priority attacks, and KO.
If your attackers are all walled by Shed it can come in every time and click U-turn and if you pivot to ghost it gains momentum if you stay in it chips you and comes back in. All good sheds run Pads and Min Speed, if it isn't that it is either because of counter team with either Goggles or Lum or is a bad player using non min speed shed.
Stop ignoring what my team can do, at least acknowledge Aegislash Mold Breaker, and consider Beak Blast. Endeavor and Extreme Speed are contact moves afterall, and while Protective Pads may be an item, I do see Focus Sash for handling Mold Breaker moves like Sunsteel Strike. Not all sets are the same.
IDT he was ignoring what your team can do, as much as Aegislash can do they can just switch out after they force your wallbreaker out after they take LO recoil or Drum Damage. No good shed uses sash lol unless its either a ct or a bad set.
Aegislash can stall out Imposter and Rapid Spin on their Switch. Slaking can stall out Imposter until it will need to use Struggle, and then switch to Audino-Mega, who has Unaware. Imposter has to switch and you can Baton Pass to Gengar or Garchomp so the next time it comes in your Gengar can wall Imposter Gengar, or your Celesteela can wall Garchomp, and they cannot heal.

I have also intentionally sent in Slaking again, as sometimes the Imposters will Belly Drum, and when they do, o switch to Audino, wall them, and when they switch out, they are at less than 50%. Keep in mind, I can also Core Enforcer Imposter with Audino, letting me slow Baton Pass to my Slaking or Garchomp and finish them off if they are weakened, or slow pivot to Gengar to hit them with Boomburst before they land Struggle.

Since Struggle doesn’t get a STAB boost, as of gen 2 onwards, could also use Celesteela for Beak Blast, to cause a Burn, and stall it.

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Slaking Struggle vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 256-302 (64.3 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Then Burn, and switch to Audino for even less damage... not my favourite solution, but it could work to permanently impact Chansey for passive damage. Don’t forget the Struggle recoil of 25%+6.25% Burn accumulated quickly.
What he is saying is you have no effective way of punishing Imposter and in the end game, it can just pp stall your mons. Also, the fact you are relying on pp stalling imposter on slaking is silly, as it will eventually stalling all your pps out, especially as it can just recover for free on all your defensive mons lol.
Gengar deters Ghosts, as Aegislash slow U-Turns. Garchomp discourages Giratina, Aegislash, and Gengar from simply switching into a STAB move. Aegislash can pivot to Gengar to absorb Imposter Toxic Spikes.
Other than that, I agree. I guess having Steel types helps vs Toxic Spikes, as is having Celesteela unaffected by Spikes, and having priority moves allow me to worry less about Sticky Webs. Gengar, can also come in on a slower threat, force a switch with Entrainment, and Quiver Dance to negate the Sticky Webs -Speed effect. Aegislash still can surprise people and come in though for the Rapid Spin.
Once you pull the first spin off (or none if they scouted for imposter) you are never getting a second spin off. Doesn't matter how much your teammates pressure the ghosts if your spinner cannot pressure them you are in trouble. Considering how your offensive mons gets worn down pretty quick SR and Spikes are a pretty big problem lol.
Okay, so I understand where you are coming from. I also know that if they use Knock Off on Audino-Mega, during that turn I can use Core Enforcer or Baton Pass on Regi, and send in Entrainment Gar, Celesteela can also Core Enforcer or Volt Switch.
You core, do around like 10-20, they take like 12, and the next time they come in after they knocked you they just heal up for free, and anyone who uses PH mons knows how easy it is to heal back up. Entrainment Gar isn't doing anything once any PH mon set up. Celesteela gets slept and gets chipped by Gigas or gets abused by a teammater.
As for Xerneas I can use Spectral Thief on Audino-Mega, which helps with Unaware, and since Xerneas doesn’t use Knock Off, I won’t fear Spore.
They Magma you, Sleep you, and you die, since even RegenVest Ogre dies to Magma + 3 Turn Sleep + Moonblasts. Xerneas doesn't use Spore it uses Lovely Kiss lol. If it is using Spore it has a Knock Off core.
Since the other PH dont typically carry Sunsteel or Photon (see below), according to the Setpedia, Audino should do alright. Celesteela also walls Zoroara thanks to Volt Absorb, and threatens with Core Enforcer.
Poison Heal

Setpedia
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash / Knock Off
- Spore
- Leech Seed

No Photon, if Icicle Crash - as it’s the first and preferred move, it will be walled by Aegislash, who can Rapid Spin Leech Seed, and slow pivot to Audino or Celesteela for Core Enforcer. Not a problem.
If Knock Off, it’s power won’t be that strong due to the reduction to 65 base power, and Aegislash’s Low Kick immunity.

Pheromosa carries Knock Off, but with a possible Sleep Clause becoming a rule, I also think Sleep will be a reduced concern.

No Setpedia for Zeroara... ;(
They annoy the heck out of you by putting everyone to sleep and then opening up opportunities for their breaker, they aren't breaking teams by themselves lol.
So, Which drummers besides Kartana? Celesteela can Core Enforcer Unburden users, or Beak Blast to Burn foes on contact moves. Thousand Arrows is neutral on the first hit when it removes the Flying immunity. Be more specific when you include more than Kartana. If at 1/2 HP due to Belly Drum, if it takes damage the turn it uses Belly Drum it can be a risky option. Plus, if Toxic Spikes is up, other Belly Drummers can be worn down.
Again you are assuming all mons are safely in on the turn they Drum. Any Steel comes in on Audino and Drums, including Kartana and NDM. MMX also comes in on Audino threatening huge damage if its band Adapt and Drums.
Garchomp-Mega is a variant of Adaptability and for its primarily STAB, has about the same base power, trading out Draco Meteor for priority, on top of that I think my Setpedia Norm Gengar-Mega is pretty standard as it’s matches the -

Setpedia:
Normalize
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance / Shell Smash
- Taunt / Moongeist Beam / Psystrike / Boomburst.
Gengar set is fine as its standard, as for Garchomp, Band is much better because it just breakes a million teams and doesn't get worn down lol.
As for Slaking, it might not fit on every team, but it can function well with a Toxic Spikes supporter, can Belly Drum up to 4 times, and like many other Pokemon that sweep, might not be 100% Self-Improof, but can under Z-move Breakneck Blitz, and with teammate such like Unaware Audino-Mega is not a concern. Pokemon like Sheer Force MMY and Contrary Sweepers also risk being Impostered by Eviolite and/or Scarf users. Unlike them, however, a Slaking at least forces a Struggle, and can do well against priority users that’s typically threaten sweepers.
We discussed this before, but I will just say that the examples you listed SF and Contrary MMY at least pressure and chip imposter and can win if imposter isn't healthy. They have strong improofs like FC chansey and shed as well.
I also have technical issues so this took me the entire day to write this but I think it was super beneficial to post this and point out errors. I spent a lot of effort into this post and I too wish to end this discussion. Thanks.

https://pokepast.es/326b76df123e4b80This is my new team, what do you think guys?
So Chansey can give your team some issues, specifically with Rayquaza, Kyurem and Diancie.

With Rayquaza, if you ever need to setup to +6 in a match, your opponent can sack anything and then bring Chansey in for free to Imposter you and proceed to reverse sweep you since you don't OHKO Chansey with +6 Oblivion Wing, while it OHKOs your Rayquaza back.

Kyurem also doesn't fare that well against an Imposter as you'll need to rely on winning multiple speed ties and potential flinches to beat the Chansey. At +2 for example, you would need to win three speed ties and have the first two both land a flinch on the Chansey in order to beat it.

Diancie is a bit different as the issue is more that you can't really punish the Chansey for switching into it unless you click Volt Switch for momentum. Light of Ruin doesn't even 3HKO and you're easily 2HKO'd and nothing else on your team appreciates switching into your coverage move.

Ultimately, I think your team needs more synergy. It seems that you put a bunch of offensive Pokemon together but they don't really have abilities or sets that can play off of one another to prevent Imposters from having their way.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hail stall: no stall edition

so i was just chilling on ps one day thinking of new derogatory analogies for ladder players when i came upon this old team in my builder titled "aurora veil". the team consisted of veil registeel/ph regi/adapt zmove sr mray/contrary mmx/defensive ph aero/prank guzzlord. i used the team on ladder for a bit, it was good but a bit too unstable like most hyper offense teams. then i started thinking like "it's so stupid that i need this ph aero, are opposing ph users even that much of an issue if i have veil?" and started building another veil team, basically the same as the last except with shift gear pdon, dazzling mmy, and prank scizor over mmx/aero/guzzlord. then i was like "dazzling mmy is TRASH and prank scizor is EVEN WORSE why do i need to worry about priority at all" and stacked even more offensive threats. the end result was honestly a pretty good team in my opinion.

and that's the magic of aurora veil. thanks to the fact that i didnt need a suboptimal dazzling user or prankster on every team, even a bad offense builder like me was able to make a team that performed pretty well. because of this, i'd say it's a great way for people unfamiliar with offense to start learning it. now here are some things you need when building a veil team:

to set up aurora veil, you obviously need a veil setter. an ice type would be preferable here because it wouldn't have to deal with hail chip, but in my opinion, all the <=50 speed ice types are unviable for this role because they can get potentially ohkod by stuff like v create diancie which you really don't want. registeel and pex were the ones i used, but i think audino is also fine.

Veil Setter (Registeel/Audino/Toxapex) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Shore Up
- Rapid Spin / Defog
- U-turn

red orb don offers a ton of great things to aurora veil teams. first off, electric surge before reversion can really help against ph users or sleep leads. pdon itself can also be a huge threat if the opponent isn't prepared for him, and under veil he can be insanely difficult to take down. another underrated benefit pdon gets from veil is the ability to bypass all non goggles sheds, which can be super helpful.

Shift Gear Trapper (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Spirit Shackle / Anchor Shot
- Shift Gear / Bolt Strike
- Strength Sap

Shell Smash Sweeper (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Naughty Nature
- V-create
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Ice Beam

shoutouts to my man Storm Eagle for the second set btw, its super slept on and pretty much wins if they dont have prank gira

offensive ph users offer another means of sleep protection, but more importantly than that, they can act as great anti-offense measures. veil patches up the main weakness of regi in the offense matchup, that being that he can get overwhelmed before he gets the chance to set up. i used ogre as a stallbreaker but it was overall too slow-paced for the team and did no work in a lot of matches, so i switched to xern later on.

ph regi (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off / Spectral Thief
- Spore / Lovely Kiss

ph xern (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Magma Storm
- Lovely Kiss / Stealth Rock
- Moonblast

BIG ph ogre (Kyogre-Primal) @ Toxic Orb
Quiet Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Scald

it should be no surprise that the scariest offensive mons in the tier are an absolute menace to face under veil. this is because veil helps them against 2 things in particular: it lessens the damage of priority like oblivion wing and espeed, and it can actually allow them to 1v1 imposter by simply outdamaging it. some of the sets i used were contrary mmx, adapt mray, and sf mmy, and each of them was able to put in insane work in the right conditions. could also see some stuff i dont usually use like triage ray and contrary mmy being INSANE under veil

standard sf (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Bolt Strike

UNBREAKER (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Naive Nature
- Roar of Time
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent
- Stealth Rock

Mixed Spore Sweeper (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Contrary
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Spore

having dedicated walls on a veil team might seem weird-- wasn't the original goal to avoid needing them?-- but veil can make some pokemon absolutely insane to deal with. unaware in particular is something i've been experimenting with, because veil does a superb job in shutting down strong attacks that would otherwise just break your unaware mon. stuff like unaware zyg can quite literally act as a catch-all for sweepers.

that being said, walls are not strictly necessary on a veil team, simply because if you have veil up, even your bulkier offensive threats can check strong sweepers:
+4 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Regigigas with an ally's Aurora Veil: 344-405 (81.1 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
+6 252+ Atk Kartana Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal with an ally's Aurora Veil: 311-366 (76.9 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252+ Atk Tyranitar-Mega Sunsteel Strike vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Xerneas with an ally's Aurora Veil: 348-410 (76.4 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

ice beam pdon imposterproofer (Zygarde-Complete) @ Safety Goggles
Careful Nature
- Glare
- Thousand Waves
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up

here are some threats to veil:

imposter can be annoying if they lead it, because you're forced to choose between trading veils or denying veil to both sides by going pdon. situation is even worse if youre running defog which is why i prefer spin sometimes

defog users in general can deny veil before youre able to accomplish anything with it, this isnt too bad though because you have all the offensive pressure in the back so u just force them out. a strategy i thought of was running another veil user (but on an offensive mon without snow warning) so you could still secure the epic victory royale. maybe something like smash dark types?

offensive pressure is really bad news for the veil setter. usually you only need to get up veil once or twice, but if they can ohko your veil setter it can be pretty problematic because a lot of the team is based around having veil up. could run something like imposter to disrupt them and force them out so u can get ur veil setter in safely, imposter under veil is also ridiculous

stall is problematic sometimes because choiced breakers seem to suck under veil (you have a limited amount of times you can bring them in unlike on balance where they're actually good). my team was relatively matchup dependent in this regard but i could see another veil team able to take it on more effectively

here's the team i used
Registeel @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Sassy Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Defog
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Groudon @ Red Orb
Naughty Nature
- V-create
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Ice Beam

Zygarde-Complete @ Safety Goggles
Careful Nature
- Glare
- Thousand Waves
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Bolt Strike

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Magma Storm
- Lovely Kiss
- Moonblast

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore

i tried to get reqs with veil, it didnt work because i kept getting haxed and also because this team is still somewhat suboptimal in my opinion. back to semi stall sigh. i did get some replays though:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-860091745 shows good matchup vs opposing offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-860019827 vs balance
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-860660803 pdon wins on matchup
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-860674599 vs shed kanga semi stall, wouldve won if not for bolt strike miss

thanks for reading. veil is a pretty cool style and i hope to see different people giving it a try

so, i was laddering a lot with this team:

Resonance (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Triage
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam

Im A Dingy (Kyurem-Black) (M) @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Icicle Spear
- Bone Rush
- Sunsteel Strike

Not Normalize (Gengar-Mega) (M) @ Spooky Plate
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Sludge Wave
- Shell Smash

I Want a Hug (Tyranitar-Mega) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Sunsteel Strike
- Imprison
- Shell Smash

009 Sound System (Regigigas) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore

N-Word (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam

anyways, here is the pokepast if you want
https://pokepast.es/2ff974f62dd4d289
things like these happen all the time
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-864513117
i don't actually know how to beat other stup sweepers, if you have any idea, tell me

Last edited:

DarkBeserker

Banned deucer.

Timid Nature
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Icicle Spear
- Bone Rush
- Sunsteel Strike

Why i have a Shell? (Mewtwo-Mega-X) (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Photon Geyser
- Close Combat
- Power Trip

Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Sunsteel Strike
- Imprison
- Shell Smash

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore

Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam

First thing wrong with this team. How do you beat other setup sweepers? and also how do you improof any of your mons

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Timid Nature
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Icicle Spear
- Bone Rush
- Sunsteel Strike

Not Normalize (Gengar-Mega) (M) @ Spooky Plate
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Sludge Wave
- Shell Smash

Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Sunsteel Strike
- Imprison
- Shell Smash

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore

Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam

things like these happen all the time
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-864513117
i don't actually know how to beat other stup sweepers, if you have any idea, tell me
Try an Unaware user that resists Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam, Photon Geyser/Stored Power, and Power Trip such as Gyarados-Mega.

You can replace Deoxys-A, with it.

Further, STAB Knock Off can prevent setup sweepers from being able to use White Herb, Sitrus Berry, etc. if you hit them on the switch, so if they Shell Smash, or Belly Drum you can be sure that their weakened Defenses and HP are not mitigated by items.

Be wary of Kartana with Power Whip, and Sheer Force Bolt Strike Mewtwo. But those are pretty much the only users of those moves beside the fairly uncommon Garchomp-Mega, and Red Orb Groudon with Bolt Strike.

If you fear Secret Sword from Gengar-Mega, you could opt for :

Setpedia-

Defensive Unaware
Kyogre-Primal @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware / Fur Coat
Sassy Nature
- Revelation Dance / Scald
- Topsy-Turvy / Haze / Spectral Thief
- U-turn / Spectral Thief / Core Enforcer / Purify
- Shore Up

Overall, think of Checks and Balances, just like the U.S. Federal Government’s 3 Branches, (its President’s Day afterall, so I just had to ;~) ). You can simply focus on types, then roles, and then fill in any team holes.

Typing is the best way to determine how to counter things, “Am I too weak to this type because >2 Pokémon share the same weaknesses?”
“What resists the most likely combination of threats to this team? Gyarados-Mega, but what threatens Gyarados-Mega? Grass/Electric/Fairy/Fighting/Bug. Can Aegislash resist almost all of them? Let’s add Aegislash then.
What about Offense? Do I threaten enough types or do some threats bypass my checks? I.e. Dazzling MMX would break Regigigas, Kyurem-Black, and outspeed Rayquaza-Mega, if it came in before you set up.
Flash Fire Aegislash can also handle Contrary MMX variants if Rayquaza-Mega was defeated.”

Think like that. Focus on what your opponent would realize in Team Preview “Ah, he has a huge Fairy weakness on Kyurem, Rayquaza, Tyranitar, better keep my Diancie-Mega Safe to sweep once I clear his other teammates)”

If you think like your opponent, you will think of how to counter your opponent.

The best training you can do for yourself is to learn and understand how to counter your own team. If you can counter it, then you know it’s weaknesses to exploit and you can improve it or ultimately change it to what counters it- which might be a better team overall.

Plus if you encounter individual threats from your team (like PHeal Regigigas), you will know you have a counter.

I know your close, just think from a different perspective, and you are already on your way!

P.S. Flash Fire Aegislash can replace Kyurem-Black, so you reduce the number of Fairy weaknesses, and so you don’t have Imposter Kyurem-B using Bone Rush.

Now, focus on maximizing what you already have. So giving something that lures Diancie-Mega, like Rayquaza can carry Giga Drain, so now after a Tail Glow you can KO it before it even uses Fake-Out. You gave it bait by thinking it can force you out as a check, only to be 1HKOed before it can even blink.

Things like that.

Here is a few Setpedia sets:
Defensive
Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware / Fur Coat
Sassy / Relaxed Nature
- Darkest Lariat / Knock Off
- Spectral Thief / Topsy-Turvy
- Shore Up
- U-turn / Anchor Shot

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles / Darkinium Z
Ability: Flash Fire / Magic Bounce
Sassy Nature
- Topsy-Turvy / Spectral Thief
- Milk Drink
- U-turn / Baton Pass / Parting Shot
- Defog / Entrainment

Types, then role, then counterplay to both Imposter and common threats like Diancie-Mega.

EDIT: I am adding the Setpedia for Rayquaza with Triage. I actually think you are better off without Spore, at least for now, due to the recent Sleep Clause. Most things have at least 1 Magic Bounce, PHeal, Comatose, Safety Goggles, etc. Pokémon on their team, and quite frankly, you don’t want them Sporing your team either.

Triage
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb / Safety Goggles
Timid / Naive Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam / Giga Drain / Earth Power
- Tail Glow / Shell Smash
- Giga Drain / Spore / Substitute / Drain Punch / Earth Power

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
hey guys i just wanted to share a team that can be good on ladder and for beginner (i think) that does not use sleep
have fun ;) and if you have some tips about those you can tell me too
https://pokepast.es/ebf46fb4df7ff30e
I know you would lose damage against Necrozma Dusk-Mane, but have you considered switching Precipice Blades to Close Combat?

This would allow Aegislash to check Imposter Aerilate Rayquaza, while being able to hit Dark and Normal Types such as Tyranitar-Mega, and Soundproof Arceus for maximum damage:

252+ Atk Rayquaza-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 436-516 (107.9 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
—————
252+ Atk Rayquaza-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 256-302 (57.6 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+
*You can finish off Arceus with Extreme Speed next turn

252+ Atk Sky Plate Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 184-217 (41.4 - 48.8%)

*The minimum of both combined Attacks is (57.6% + 41.4%)= 99% to Arceus, so it’s almost a guaranteed KO. Since Soundproof Arceus carries Safety Goggles, you won’t worry about Leftovers healing.

The other benefit is how Imposter will be at -1 Defense and -1 Special Defense, so their Eviolite will be negated, and if they have a Choice Scarf it will be much easier to finish them off with a teammate.

Lastly, Close Combat will still be a 3HKO on Celesteela, even after Stealth Rocks.

252+ Atk Rayquaza-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 142-168 (35.6 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

This means that Celesteela can still safely check it.

Plus, Close Combat doesn’t miss like Precipice Blades does.
————
Normally Precipice Blades would be better, letting it hit Solgaleo/Dusk-Mane, and letting Celesteela come in for free, but I figured it would help your Aegislash as a check (I.e. switch in, use Encore on Close Combat, they will Switch out knowing they cannot affect Aegislash as you use U-turn to gain momentum).

Plus, if their Imposter is Scarfed, you won’t even need to use Encore. Just U-Turn on their predicted switch.

Edit- Give Aegislash a Sassy Nature over Careful, so it can pivot even slower and dodge the effects of Core Enforcer (+SpD, -Spe). Remove all of its Speed IVs and EVs.

Last edited:
Thank you OM! for you feedback yes i think close combat would be very good instead of precipice blade i have also changed the nature on aegislash to sassy an recently i have played around weather wich is quite underrated but very good imo ill post the team related on weather when ill be sure the team is viable. Ill also apply the changement on the 3 ray team on my precedent post so that the peopple who want the team have the most recent version

PS : sorry if my english is horrible im french

Hypercam (Gengar-Mega) (M) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Quiver Dance
- Secret Sword
- Judgment

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore

Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam

Resonance (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Blue Flare
- Tail Glow

Setup this (Aegislash) (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Haze
- Milk Drink
- Parting Shot
- Destiny Bond

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Icicle Spear
- Bone Rush
- Sunsteel Strike

https://pokepast.es/0460e6a45afa99c5
r8 pls

Last edited:
Use Psystrike over Secret Sword on Gengar.
If your oppent play Chansey Imposter (scarf or not), you must sacrifie a pokemon for safe-switch on your Prankster Dbond.
Your improof must check the set.
Maybe use Spectral Thief and Avalanche on Regigigas because with the Sleep Cause it is not great.

Gengar-Mega is already Imposterproof due to the Spooky Plate making Judgement a Ghost move, while keeping it Normal for the Imposter.
Psystrike means it would threatened by an Imposter because it would be Super Effective vs Gengar.
It is Normalize, Psystrike was normal too. If you play Secret Sword over Psystrike you lose power.

And for Chansey, i didn't talk about Gengar because it is imposter proof, but about Kyurem, Deoxys-A, MMY...

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
It is Normalize, Psystrike was normal too. If you play Secret Sword over Psystrike you lose power.

And for Chansey, i didn't talk about Gengar because it is imposter proof, but about Kyurem, Deoxys-A, MMY...
I’m sorry, I completely misread that, good points, mixed sweeping off of the higher Base power. Boomburst also can work as well for overall power, but Psystrike can have its merits.

Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Quiver Dance
- Secret Sword
- Judgment

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore

Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam

Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Blue Flare
- Tail Glow

Sassy Nature
- Haze
- Milk Drink
- Parting Shot
- Destiny Bond

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Icicle Spear
- Bone Rush
- Sunsteel Strike

https://pokepast.es/0460e6a45afa99c5
r8 pls
I would remove all HP/Def/SpD EVs and IVs, and replace Close Combat with Reversal.
After you go first with Shell Smash, your Defenses and HP will basically allow you to always survive at 1 HP for 200 Base power, then you can hit harder on Deoxys-A. The base power is 2/3 stronger than Close Combat, and Imposter won’t be able to use it because it will likely be at full HP.

I feel like you could use an Unaware user resistant to Sunsteel Strike, such as Gyarados-Mega, which not only resists all of MMY’s Attacks, but also Kyurem-Black’s STAB, and since Imposter cannot use Reversal like Deoxys-A can, it won’t be able to hit Gyarados for Super Effective Damage.

You may decide to replace Deoxys-Attack with Gyarados-Mega to self-Improof your team.

Safety Goggles allows Gyarados-Mega to handle Imposter Regigigas with Spore.

Defensive
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Anchor Shot

Since it will be facing Imposter often, it should trap it, remove its items, steal boosts, and heal up.

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply

Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Quiver Dance
- Psystrike
- Judgment

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief

Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Reversal
- Moongeist Beam

Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Blue Flare
- Tail Glow

Sassy Nature
- Haze
- Milk Drink
- Parting Shot
- Destiny Bond

Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Icicle Spear
- Bone Rush
- Sunsteel Strike

is it better now?

I’m sorry, I completely misread that, good points, mixed sweeping off of the higher Base power. Boomburst also can work as well for overall power, but Psystrike can have its merits.
I would remove all HP/Def/SpD EVs and IVs, and replace Close Combat with Reversal.
After you go first with Shell Smash, your Defenses and HP will basically allow you to always survive at 1 HP for 200 Base power, then you can hit harder on Deoxys-A. The base power is 2/3 stronger than Close Combat, and Imposter won’t be able to use it because it will likely be at full HP.

I feel like you could use an Unaware user resistant to Sunsteel Strike, such as Gyarados-Mega, which not only resists all of MMY’s Attacks, but also Kyurem-Black’s STAB, and since Imposter cannot use Reversal like Deoxys-A can, it won’t be able to hit Gyarados for Super Effective Damage.

You may decide to replace Deoxys-Attack with Gyarados-Mega to self-Improof your team.

Safety Goggles allows Gyarados-Mega to handle Imposter Regigigas with Spore.

Defensive
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Anchor Shot

Since it will be facing Imposter often, it should trap it, remove its items, steal boosts, and heal up.
nah i don't like that idea but thanks anyways ;)

It is so important to have an improof of your team in BH.
Your team is SO weak to Chansey Imposter Scarf:
-Deoxys, if it take some damage (on the set-up or because hazard), is OHKO by imposter scarf and you did'nt have a check.
-Kyurem Black must set-up to outspeed a lot of pokemon and is OHKO by imposter scarf too.
-MMY can be dangerous if you set-up Tail Glow, and you didn't have a check for that.

-Gengar is self-improof and Regigigas kinda sort of self-improof

Your only way to kill the imposter is your Aegi Dond, but it's previsible and a good player will not sacrifice his Imposter like that.

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dock, posting teams asking for a rate on here is fine, but could you try to condense your posts? Today you posted a wall of text and then a link to the same wall of text. Just posting the pokepaste link would be perfectly fine and take up much less room. If anything you could hide it in a spoiler.

"Paste of the team"

Also, if you want help with the team, maybe try telling us a little bit about it rather than just simply posting the sets and having us guess why you used certain moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)