BH Balanced Hackmons

Sometimes, when you are looking for inspiration, it can feel like you are climbing a mountain. Today, that mountain has been climbed!

Defiantly Competitive:

Today I am covering some very powerful, but often forgotten about abilities:

Competitive — +2 Special Attack per stat level lowered | Defiant — +2 Attack per stat level lowered

*Each ability boosts Atk, or SpA, per each stat drop, allowing you to take advantage of common moves like Strength Sap, Defog, Thunderous Kick, King’s Shield, Fire Lash, Obstruct, and especially Parting Shot (which boosts +2 Atk per drop — which makes it +4 - 1 = +3 Atk / Spa).

Replays:
Highest Ladder:
Competitive Match: Won 4-0 vs Quantum Terrasect
If I had kept the item, I would have won sooner for the KO vs Giratina

Lower Ladder:
Defiant Match (Regigigas): Won 5-0 vs NamiSwaaaann & Won 4-0 vs Poki-Oh
Defiant Match (Zamazenta-C): Won 4-0 vs TheUltraKing
The best way to utilize this is via Magic Bouncing Sticky Web, which can be done via Entraining your foe with Magic Bounce, then using Sticky Web, which allows you to get the boost when your teammate switches in. Of course, you would Sticky Web the opponent first, so you would both be at the same -1 drop. Afterwards, you could trap, so the foe is unable to keep resetting your Entrainment via switching, and then use Sticky Web so you can trigger upon switch-in.

Now the strategy is to partner with a fast self-Improof like Zamazenta-C, effectively making it a mutual drop but only your Pokémon gets +2 Atk or SpA, while you basically get to sweep / wall-break.

As a supplement I use Cramorant so I keep the opponent slower in case they use Rapid Spin. If they try and use Defog, switch in your Defiant / Competitive Pokémon so you can get the boost off of their -1 Evasion nerf on you.
The 3 best options are

Defiant
1. Zamazenta-C with Multi-Attack Fighting Memory to trap and hit Imposter hard, and sweep foes. Spirit Shackle is for Ghosts like Giratina, and can also serve as a trap that handles Darmanitan-Zen Mode. Anchor Shot works vs Xerneas, and hits Calyrex-Ice, Kyurem-B / W.

https://pokepast.es/7c4a10e5926ed0b6

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Fighting Memory
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Spirit Shackle / Anchor Shot
- Strength Sap
- Shift Gear
2. Regigigas, so you can use Extreme Speed and Multi-Attack Ice Memory to Improof with Giratina, or just use Cramorant with Knock Off earlier in the match to cause Paralysis and remove its Eviolite, so Imposter is now slower and easier to KO. See this replay as an example: Won 5-0 vs NamiSwaaaann

https://pokepast.es/4133bc46dc8c7cb5

Regigigas @ Ice Memory / Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief
- Multi-Attack / Glacial Lance
- Shift Gear / V-Create

Competitive
3. Use Technoblast Chill Drive for Dragons / Flying-types like Giratina, Landerous-T, Yveltal, and Zygarde-C, alongside Secret Sword for Steels like Registeel, Zamazenta-C, etc.

https://pokepast.es/3ead88ffebb87550

Spectrier @ Chill Drive
Ability: Competitive
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Techno Blast
- Secret Sword
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance

I typically focus on using Magic Guard Life Orb Ho-Oh to check Xerneas, and bc as a Flying-Type it can stay immune to Sticky Webs, allowing me to outspeed for a V-Create. If the foe is naturally slower than Ho-Oh, Sticky Webs serves a purpose in letting me V-Create a second time if I used it once prior, as it can still outspeed.

Throughout my team I implement Debuffs like Parting Shot on Cramorant so that Imposter can also trigger the ability when they try to pivot while I predict their move (or if they use Knock Off while I use Knock Off, and get Paralyzed so I can Parting Shot first to my Defiant / Competitive ally to trigger it as they switch).

I use Strength Sap on Spectrier and Zamazenta-C bc the Imposter thinks they can heal, only to boost my offense levels higher, letting me sweep. This works great against Prankster Strength Sap, letting my opponent boost without spending a turn of my own to do so.

The best part about Regigigas and Zamazenta-C is the fact they can use Shift Gear for +2 Speed, so they still have +1 Speed by the end of the turn, more than negating the Sticky Web -1 Speed.

The rule is: Court Changing a Sticky Web doesn’t count as a trigger bc it is your own move. Defiant recognizes that you have to be impacted by a foe, not your own. So it will trigger off of a foe using Sticky Web, or a foe using Magic Bounce bc they set it.

Use the goal of not needing the Sticky Web — it’s just an added bonus. Cramorant, Ho-Oh, and a Prankster user don’t mind the Sticky Web, your lead should be your fast setter with Magic Bounce like Regieleki or Zamazenta-C, Entrainment, Trap, and Recover, you will also need a your Defiant / Competitive sweeper / wall breaker, and your 6th can be a second Sticky Webs setter or something that doesn’t mind Webs. Overall, your team needs to weaken and Paralyze, treating Defiant / Competitive a bit like Gulp Missle — it works as a deterrent so your foe is less likely to use Strength Sap, Defog, etc.
Personally, I am still working out the kinks of the teams, but the goal is to have a surprise boost, even if you don't opt for Sticky Webs, when your foe uses common debuff moves, and ends up buffing you up.

Necessary support is paralysis, and standard walls like Prankster Haze, as well as an Xerneas check like Ho-Oh. Overall, come up with your own, and remember, stay Defiantly Competitive!

Edit: Added Pokepaste team links!

Adding Marshadow as a new Sweeper:
No need for a limited coverage move when your STABs are already self-Improof

4.Marshadow @ White Herb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Poltergeist
- Strength Sap
- Extreme Speed / Shift Gear

Perfect coverage, White Herb to outspeeds your foe and to trigger White Herb + Poltergeist immediately to Improof.

I like it better than Zamazenta-C

Won 4-Forfeiture vs ExtremelyUnsure2

Won 5-0 vs Felipe789

Won 4-Forfeiture vs ItzYaBoiMax

Won 2-0 vs Nirvada
I have a suggestion for Marshadow set, Ghost Memory > White Herb.
It is easier to improof if your Sticky Web was cleared. Also Multi Attack is stronger, more accurate, more pp than Poltergeist. Defiant Marshadow is cool tbh, it is better than Defiant Zamazenta-Crowned and Regigigas imo.

Btw Won 2-0 vs Nirvada isn't a replay.

Sometimes, when you are looking for inspiration, it can feel like you are climbing a mountain. Today, that mountain has been climbed!

Defiantly Competitive:

Competitive — +2 Special Attack per stat level lowered | Defiant — +2 Attack per stat level lowered

*Each ability boosts Atk, or SpA, per each stat drop, allowing you to take advantage of common moves like Strength Sap, Defog, Thunderous Kick, King’s Shield, Fire Lash, Obstruct, and especially Parting Shot (which boosts +2 Atk per drop — which makes it +4 - 1 = +3 Atk / Spa).

Replays:
Highest Ladder:

Lower Ladder:
The best way to utilize this is via Magic Bouncing Sticky Web, which can be done via Entraining your foe with Magic Bounce, then using Sticky Web, which allows you to get the boost when your teammate switches in. Of course, you would Sticky Web the opponent first, so you would both be at the same -1 drop. Afterwards, you could trap, so the foe is unable to keep resetting your Entrainment via switching, and then use Sticky Web so you can trigger upon switch-in.

Now the strategy is to partner with a fast self-Improof like Zamazenta-C, effectively making it a mutual drop but only your Pokémon gets +2 Atk or SpA, while you basically get to sweep / wall-break.

As a supplement I use Cramorant so I keep the opponent slower in case they use Rapid Spin. If they try and use Defog, switch in your Defiant / Competitive Pokémon so you can get the boost off of their -1 Evasion nerf on you.
The 3 best options are

Defiant
1. Zamazenta-C with Multi-Attack Fighting Memory to trap and hit Imposter hard, and sweep foes. Spirit Shackle is for Ghosts like Giratina, and can also serve as a trap that handles Darmanitan-Zen Mode. Anchor Shot works vs Xerneas, and hits Calyrex-Ice, Kyurem-B / W.

Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Strength Sap
- Shift Gear
2. Regigigas, so you can use Extreme Speed and Multi-Attack Ice Memory to Improof with Giratina, or just use Cramorant with Knock Off earlier in the match to cause Paralysis and remove its Eviolite, so Imposter is now slower and easier to KO. See this replay as an example: Won 5-0 vs NamiSwaaaann

Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief
- Shift Gear / V-Create

Competitive
3. Use Technoblast Chill Drive for Dragons / Flying-types like Giratina, Landerous-T, Yveltal, and Zygarde-C, alongside Secret Sword for Steels like Registeel, Zamazenta-C, etc.

Spectrier @ Chill Drive
Jolly Nature
- Techno Blast
- Secret Sword
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance

I typically focus on using Magic Guard Life Orb Ho-Oh to check Xerneas, and bc as a Flying-Type it can stay immune to Sticky Webs, allowing me to outspeed for a V-Create. If the foe is naturally slower than Ho-Oh, Sticky Webs serves a purpose in letting me V-Create a second time if I used it once prior, as it can still outspeed.

Throughout my team I implement Debuffs like Parting Shot on Cramorant so that Imposter can also trigger the ability when they try to pivot while I predict their move (or if they use Knock Off while I use Knock Off, and get Paralyzed so I can Parting Shot first to my Defiant / Competitive ally to trigger it as they switch).

I use Strength Sap on Spectrier and Zamazenta-C bc the Imposter thinks they can heal, only to boost my offense levels higher, letting me sweep. This works great against Prankster Strength Sap, letting my opponent boost without spending a turn of my own to do so.

The best part about Regigigas and Zamazenta-C is the fact they can use Shift Gear for +2 Speed, so they still have +1 Speed by the end of the turn, more than negating the Sticky Web -1 Speed.

The rule is: Court Changing a Sticky Web doesn’t count as a trigger bc it is your own move. Defiant recognizes that you have to be impacted by a foe, not your own. So it will trigger off of a foe using Sticky Web, or a foe using Magic Bounce bc they set it.

Use the goal of not needing the Sticky Web — it’s just an added bonus. Cramorant, Ho-Oh, and a Prankster user don’t mind the Sticky Web, your lead should be your fast setter with Magic Bounce like Regieleki or Zamazenta-C, Entrainment, Trap, and Recover, you will also need a your Defiant / Competitive sweeper / wall breaker, and your 6th can be a second Sticky Webs setter or something that doesn’t mind Webs. Overall, your team needs to weaken and Paralyze, treating Defiant / Competitive a bit like Gulp Missle — it works as a deterrent so your foe is less likely to use Strength Sap, Defog, etc.
Personally, I am still working out the kinks of the teams, but the goal is to have a surprise boost, even if you don't opt for Sticky Webs, when your foe uses common debuff moves, and ends up buffing you up.

Necessary support is paralysis, and standard walls like Prankster Haze, as well as an Xerneas check like Ho-Oh. Overall, come up with your own, and remember, stay Defiantly Competitive!

4.Marshadow @ White Herb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Poltergeist
- Strength Sap

Perfect coverage, White Herb to outspeeds your foe and to trigger White Herb + Poltergeist immediately to Improof.

Won 5-0 vs Felipe789

Won 2-0 vs Nirvada
Hey ChampLeon, its me, mouzeabuze from discord!
Cool strategy my friend!
However, I don't really like this Marshadow set, it's a bit weird to me.
How do you like this one?

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory
Ability: Normalize
Jolly Nature
- Entrainment
- Shift Gear
- Multi-Attack
- Close Combat

You can trap and setup on all non-ghost and non-bounce mons. I tested this set some games and especially in low ladder, many people just get swept by this since they don't know how to counter it.

Have a good one buddy! :)

Last edited:

Defiantly Competitive:

Replays:
Highest Ladder:

Lower Ladder:

The 3 best options are

Defiant

Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Strength Sap
- Shift Gear

Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief
- Shift Gear / V-Create

Competitive

Spectrier @ Chill Drive
Jolly Nature
- Techno Blast
- Secret Sword
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance

4.Marshadow @ White Herb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Poltergeist
- Strength Sap

Won 5-0 vs Felipe789

Won 2-0 vs Nirvada
Also, this is my take at your ideas.

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory
Jolly Nature
- Entrainment
- Shift Gear
- Multi-Attack
- Close Combat

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Entrainment
- Milk Drink
- Anchor Shot

Spectrier @ Chill Drive
Jolly Nature
- Techno Blast
- Secret Sword
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Thousand Waves
- Nuzzle

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Glacial Lance
- Strength Sap
- Nuzzle

Regigigas @ Ice Memory
Adamant Nature
- Strength Sap
- Spectral Thief
- Multi-Attack
- Shift Gear

Last edited:
Cool strategy my friend!

Marshadow @ White Herb
Jolly Nature
- Entrainment
- Shift Gear
- Poltergeist
- Anchor Shot

You can trap and setup on all non-ghost and non-bounce mons. I tested this set some games and especially in low ladder, many people just get swept by this since they don't know how to counter it.

You can't hit Imposter because of Normalize, Ghost Memory is the only method to let you hit Imposter with Normalize set.

Cool strategy my friend!

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory
Jolly Nature
- Entrainment
- Shift Gear
- Poltergeist
- Anchor Shot

First, you had white herb which is useless because it's not Unburden or something. Now you have Ghost Memory, but no multi attack? Ghost memory will not make poltergeist ghost type. Also maybe you should run close combat over anchor shot so you can sweep normal types and steel types, you don't really need to trap them to set up since you can just entrainment them as you will probably be faster.

First, you had white herb which is useless because it's not Unburden or something. Now you have Ghost Memory, but no multi attack? Ghost memory will not make poltergeist ghost type. Also maybe you should run close combat over anchor shot so you can sweep normal types and steel types, you don't really need to trap them to set up since you can just entrainment them as you will probably be faster.
Man I must be drunk today, you're right.
IDK what's up with me rn.
I will change it again.
Thanks for the heads up!

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The BH Council is looking for some donations in the form of Sample Teams!

We're two weeks into the post Bolt Beak metagame and things seem to be somewhat "stable" as of now, so some new teams to reflect the current metagame would be great to have. Things really haven't changed too much with the ban outside of Electric-types being much less fun to use and things like Cramorant offense, Glacial Lance, and Final Gambit are still very common.

There have already been a few submissions since the ban, but we would love to see more and have some good options to replace the current teams that are becoming outdated. We'll take submissions in all shapes and sizes, whether it be Cramorant HO, full stall, or plain old bulky balance.

Follow the below guidlines when submitting, and please make sure that you have actually tested the team on the ladder before submitting.
  • Your name of the team
  • A generic one-liner description of what the team does, which will be put with your name above the screenshot. If you don't provide a name, I am planning on just using this inside the screenshot too if it fits. If you don't provide either of these, we will make a description for you.
  • Your team on pokepaste (try to include the above two points in pokepaste, but anything else is up to you).
  • How to use your team: try to answer the following - what are the effective combo pieces, what should you open with, what are some popular threats or playstyles your team is able to answer. Don't worry too much about this being a whole RMT though!
  • What sets or playstyles your team is weak to: maybe some quick changes that are suggested with a note about how it changes your matchup, but this is not required.
  • How effective is your team: why should someone use it? here you can add an rmt if you've written one but definitely some ladder/tour experience, possibly with a replay or two.

Hazard a Guess

This team takes advantage of generally poor hazard control to run down the opponent on hazard damage.

https://pokepast.es/e509a333baf5b2a7

You generally want to use chansey as much as possible in the early game, to get an idea of what your opponent is running. You can beat pretty much anything with this, but there are a lot of things (random trappers with stuff like toxic, imprisonform, etc that aren't obvious from team preview) that can be a pain in the ass if you don't know they're ahead of time. Generally, try to play cautiously; this team excells in the long term, so as long as you don't fuck up long lasting games are generally in your favor. You want to try and have at least one hazard layer up whenever you can, but don't worry about stacking it too early!

Some weaknesses of the team:
1. Good Hazard control. If they have Self Improof CC + PixiSpin Xerneas, Spin + Shore Magearna, Dual Defog, etcetera, then the team has a lot more trouble doing its job. None of these are insurmountable, as you have helmet to punish spin, bounce to block sap from Xerneas, and 2 hazards to outlas dual defog, but it can equalize the MU. Magearna is probably the most threatening of these even if it's not objectively as good as xern. Shed Shell Imposter can make this easier and is definitely worth considering, I've run it a few times and it tends to be a bit less reliable vs most teams but a much easier time vs some specificly threatening ones.
2. Mold Breaker physical attackers. Mold Breaker Zekrom or Lando-T were the ones I ran into most, but anything with a good attack stat and a threatening coverage spread can be a pain, like Ho-Oh. You can usually play around it unless it's got very specific coverage but it requires active play.
3. Shed Shell Imposter. In short games, like when they're very weak to hazards (especially ones where their improofing can't do its job after a few spikes / sr), it's not really an issue, but if they have good hazard setters of their own or the longevity to make PP stalling a factor it can be a major threat, especially if their team has enough trappers to neutralize your imposter. Keep an eye on damage rolls and make use of Zama-C / Zygarde / Chansey to remove their items, or at least threaten them out so they can't waste 20 of your PP, and try not to bring in Magearna too much.

Very effective. It's super easy to use, and has a lot of success on ladder. I got 100 above second place using it, and it's had some good tour performance. I made it for GL Volkner to use in finals for OMWC and used it in early rounds of BH Open. I don't have a ton of replays here unfort because I decided against RMTing this one.

Monke Town

https://pokepast.es/baeda7a8e1c0638b

:ss/Darmanitan-zen:
Statue of MONKE (Darmanitan-Zen) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Lava Plume
- Core Enforcer
- Spikes​
The purpose of Darm-Z is to set up hazards, improof Xerneas, the attack of Darm-Z is only 65, so the Imposter can only heal a little with Strength Sap, Core Enforcer can kill many other PH users by suppressing their ability(Darm-Z is slower than most of the pkm).

:ss/ho-oh:
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Anchor Shot
- V-create
- Court Change
- Shore Up​
I set it to min speed and lvl99 to make sure it slower than other 90 base speed Pokemons like Giratina, Dialga, Kyogre, etc, so it won't be suppressed by them with Core Enforcer. Ho-oh Improof Darm-Z, trap Imposter and let them set up spikes, and Court Change.

:ss/Xerneas:
Xerneas @ Metronome
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Strength Sap
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch​
I don't need to explain, it is the messenger of Purple Frog. It can spin of the hazards, deal high damage.

:ss/kyurem-black:
Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Glacial Lance
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn​
It has a good coverage, Physical sweeper, kill Pokemons like Eternatus, Giratina, Zygarde, Zamazenta-C, etc.

:ss/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
Jolly Nature
- Thunderous Kick
- Spectral Thief
- Fishious Rend
- Shore Up​
It has a good Defensive Typing, which can counter Regigigas, Zacian-Crowned, Kyurem-Black, Zamazenta-C, etc. Thunderous Kick can forceswitch sometimes, and Fishious Rend can deal high damage.

:ss/Giratina:
Giratina @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Haze
- Recover
- Destiny Bond​
It works like other Prankster Haze Pokemon, click Destiny Bond when you can't do anything.

Weaknesses:
Better teams, better players.
Dragon Maw/Adap Eternatus, especially non-choice, it is hard to deal with Eternatus, I usually use Destiny Bond to kill it.
As this team doesn't have Ice Scales/ RegenVest, so some really strong Special Breaker can break this team, such as Eternatus, Rayquaza/Yveltal(Aerilate).

Effectiveness:
I don't play much with this team on ladder, i have so far played 19 matches on ladder. It works pretty well too.
1615945470495.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1300584971-ebryz6x6flm0q9z2iyw2c9qs3590h6upw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1299762149
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1302380997
I don't have many replays, (my friend doesn't let me to post his replay).

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Cool strategy my friend!

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory
Jolly Nature
- Entrainment
- Shift Gear
- Multi-Attack
- Close Combat

I like it, you just have to be aware Normalize also impacts Close Combat. My suggestion?

Use
Marshadow @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Triage
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Poltergeist
- Drain Punch
- Close Combat

Bypass Prankster by KOing Prankster Registeel, and threatening Giratina, while outspeeding threats like Zamazenta-C for the easy win via priority Drain Punch.
Also, this is my take at your ideas.

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory
Jolly Nature
- Entrainment
- Shift Gear
- Multi-Attack
- Close Combat

Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Entrainment
- Milk Drink
- Anchor Shot

Spectrier @ Chill Drive
Jolly Nature
- Techno Blast
- Secret Sword
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Thousand Waves
- Nuzzle

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Glacial Lance
- Strength Sap
- Nuzzle

Regigigas @ Ice Memory
Adamant Nature
- Strength Sap
- Spectral Thief
- Multi-Attack
- Shift Gear
My only concern is how you may need a backup Magic Bouncer. Sometimes the foe uses Defog, and you may need a second one to ensure if Zamazenta-C faints, you have an another Entrainment Sticky Web to use as a backup in to reset later in the match, if necessary.
The move of Close Combat won’t help if Normalize impacts all moves, beyond Multi-Attack, he cannot sweep Steel-types if Normalize makes Close Combat normal...
Man I must be drunk today, you're right.
IDK what's up with me rn.
I will change it again.
Thanks for the heads up!
You probably just copy / pasted my set and edited it, I used to do the same, especially on my iPhone. I now just open a separate tab for PS! And copy / paste the set I create from there to here. Much easier and it will be saved in the teambuider if you want to access it later.

I like it, you just have to be aware Normalize also impacts Close Combat. My suggestion?

Use
Marshadow @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Triage
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Poltergeist
- Drain Punch
- Close Combat

Bypass Prankster by KOing Prankster Registeel, and threatening Giratina, while outspeeding threats like Zamazenta-C for the easy win via priority Drain Punch.

My only concern is how you may need a backup Magic Bouncer. Sometimes the foe uses Defog, and you may need a second one to ensure if Zamazenta-C faints, you have an another Entrainment Sticky Web to use as a backup in to reset later in the match, if necessary.

The move of Close Combat won’t help if Normalize impacts all moves, beyond Multi-Attack, he cannot sweep Steel-types if Normalize makes Close Combat normal...

You probably just copy / pasted my set and edited it, I used to do the same, especially on my iPhone. I now just open a separate tab for PS! And copy / paste the set I create from there to here. Much easier and it will be saved in the teambuider if you want to access it later.
Thanks for tips!
Have a good day!

PS: I might post another team later I've been working on secretly but who knows... xD

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Team Name: Adaptable Offense
Description: Bulky Offense with two Adaptability wallbreakers supported by Cramorant's paralysis spreading to take down faster threats.
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c4960e46936e8659
How to Use: Groudon is a decent lead that lets you scout your opponent's switch-in and see who their Fur Coat user is. If they lead Imposter, you can switch to Cramorant and tank a hit to paralyze them which helps out massively in the long run. Heavy-Duty Boots on Cramorant allows it to be a somewhat reliable Court Change user although you can't always count on it since this mon takes a lot of hits. Magic Bounce Tapu Fini helps cover hazards as well and also fully improofs Palkia. Mixed Adapt Palkia is super strong and can mess with Zama-C by sapping and using Glare, but you have to watch out for Magic Bounce in order to not cripple yourself. Fur Coat Zama-C makes sure the team isn't overrun by Regigigas and other physical threats like Zacian-C. Anchor Shot and Taunt is an annoying combination that can shut down walls. Prankster Giratina checks setup threats, removes items with Knock Off, and keeps the team from struggling with Imprison + Transform.
Weaknesses: Xerneas, both Pixilate and Poison Heal can be a pain depending on its moveset but is manageable if you don't let it get too much momentum. Tapu Fini can steal PH Xern's boosts but has to watch out for Thunder Cage. Baneful Bunker also throws off Pixilate Xern's Metronome count in a pinch. Pixilate Xern with Strength Sap can break past Zama-C but has to be careful not to have its Sap bounced back from Tapu Fini. Groudon and Palkia also deal massive damage and outspeed Modest Xerneas, but Palkia needs to watch out for Extreme Speed sets. Offensive Eternatus can be annoying to deal with, especially non-Choiced sets that can pressure Tapu Fini more easily, but they must watch out for paralysis from Cramorant. Other things like burns can really hamper this team but Tapu Fini and Giratina are decent Scald sponges. Opposing Cramorant is also annoying but can be worked around with careful playing or just eliminated with Groudon if you don't mind the paralysis.
Effectiveness: So far I've been surprised by the success this team has had, as it has gone 52-4 on the ladder. A small portion of this run used Zekrom in the last slot, but it hardly saw use on the team and was replaced after the Bolt Beak ban. The team can struggle in certain matchups, especially ones with Xerneas, Eternatus, and Cramorant all on the opposing team but has shown to be pretty consistent nonetheless.

wi

Team Name: Adaptable Offense
Description: Bulky Offense with two Adaptability wallbreakers supported by Cramorant's paralysis spreading to take down faster threats.
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c4960e46936e8659
How to Use: Groudon is a decent lead that lets you scout your opponent's switch-in and see who their Fur Coat user is. If they lead Imposter, you can switch to Cramorant and tank a hit to paralyze them which helps out massively in the long run. Heavy-Duty Boots on Cramorant allows it to be a somewhat reliable Court Change user although you can't always count on it since this mon takes a lot of hits. Magic Bounce Tapu Fini helps cover hazards as well and also fully improofs Palkia. Mixed Adapt Palkia is super strong and can mess with Zama-C by sapping and using Glare, but you have to watch out for Magic Bounce in order to not cripple yourself. Fur Coat Zama-C makes sure the team isn't overrun by Regigigas and other physical threats like Zacian-C. Anchor Shot and Taunt is an annoying combination that can shut down walls. Prankster Giratina checks setup threats, removes items with Knock Off, and keeps the team from struggling with Imprison + Transform.
Weaknesses: Xerneas, both Pixilate and Poison Heal can be a pain depending on its moveset but is manageable if you don't let it get too much momentum. Tapu Fini can steal PH Xern's boosts but has to watch out for Thunder Cage. Baneful Bunker also throws off Pixilate Xern's Metronome count in a pinch. Pixilate Xern with Strength Sap can break past Zama-C but has to be careful not to have its Sap bounced back from Tapu Fini. Groudon and Palkia also deal massive damage and outspeed Modest Xerneas, but Palkia needs to watch out for Extreme Speed sets. Offensive Eternatus can be annoying to deal with, especially non-Choiced sets that can pressure Tapu Fini more easily, but they must watch out for paralysis from Cramorant. Other things like burns can really hamper this team but Tapu Fini and Giratina are decent Scald sponges. Opposing Cramorant is also annoying but can be worked around with careful playing or just eliminated with Groudon if you don't mind the paralysis.
Effectiveness: So far I've been surprised by the success this team has had, as it has gone 52-4 on the ladder. A small portion of this run used Zekrom in the last slot, but it hardly saw use on the team and was replaced after the Bolt Beak ban. The team can struggle in certain matchups, especially ones with Xerneas, Eternatus, and Cramorant all on the opposing team but has shown to be pretty consistent nonetheless.
with your loses, how close were they? Like were they insane stompouts or was it close and you could've won if you had just played better. Because so far this team has done great for me. Nice team

DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY

Description: Bulky Offense featuring Mold Breaker Kartana to tear holes in the enemy lines
How to use: Lead Darm-Z to safely activate your first Toxic Orb. After that just try to predict your enemy switches and react accordingly. Kartana is the only wallbreaker of the team, so protect it from unnecessary damage. Although it has SSap, it's fragile. DarmZ is the Kartana improof, resisting all 3 of his attacks. It's purpose is to spread burns and punish other PHealers since it's so slow, it always moves last with Core Enforcer. FC Zama-C is the Regi counter and it also shuts down many teams with Taunt + Trap. Zygarde is the Prankster Haze user to counter any setup. Xerneas is PHeal for longevity. It can setup to clean late game, furthermore it's the only hazard control. Last but not least Scales Aegislash because I needed to improof the Xerneas. And I wanted something to eat up Core Enforcers. Aegislash over Doublade because Corrosive Gas and Knock Off are present and I don't want to use a mon which is completely screwed without an item.
Weaknesses: Hazard stack is a big problem, since I only have 1 removing option which is normal type. My team would lose against Tesseract's team, but BH is a rock-paper-scissors kind of gamemode. Try to keep Xerneas healthy at all costs and don't switch it into unnecessary damage. Try to use the slow pivots the team offers to get some heal off the poison. Furthermore mixed Palkia is literal pain as there are no 100% safe switchins except maybe Water Absorb Zacian or something. Try to scout the set with King's Shield and corrode Palkia's item. If you play safe and smart, every matchup should be winnable with this team as it offers a good lategame and breaking potential.
Effectiveness: It does fairly well in the ladder, giving me 14-1 score so far. I will test it further and post updates here. Only gathered 1 replay so far since I forgot to save some. Will add more replays as I play with the team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1303166383

This is my first real Submission attempt so have mercy if my descriptions and things aren't perfect. English is not my mother language.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Unlike the other listed examples of Defiant / Competitive, I can say that Extreme Speed is a legit threat, that doesn’t rely on the foe to be slower via Paraysis or Sticky Webs.

I think I ought to submit this team, as it has proven its success.
:Zamazenta-crowned: :Zacian::zygarde-complete: :cramorant-gorging: :Regigigas: :Ho-oh:
Team Name: Defy Reality
Description: A potent wall breaker team meant to take advantage of Sticky Webs support to the fullest, while providing plenty of passive damage and status to disrupt an opponent’s overall switching potential, and take full advantage of their standard debuff moves.
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/569dbdf0407229ef
How to use your team: My team functions as a strategic set up for an epic sweep. I lead with Zamazenta-C to immediately place Sticky Web on the foe’s team in the beginning of the match, and use Zacian-C to set up hazards and spread Burns. Later in the match I apply pressure on my foe’s team with Cramorant to scout what moves they have (I.e. Defog), and rack up paralysis. I then pivot and bait a move, such as setting up Spikes with Zacian, so when I predict a debuff move like Defog, I can send in Regigigas.

Lastly, I send in Regigigas towards the mid-late game where I sweep off of their debuff which triggers Defiant. If I sense they don’t have any, then I send in Zamazenta-C to Entrain Magic Bounce and set it up on my own side so I can trigger Regigigas’ Defiant myself. The surprise from the foe catches them off guard, and the power from Choice Band Regigigas catches them off guard even further.
Weakness: Court Change impacts which person set Sticky Webs, so it can prevent Sticky Webs from triggering Defiant, and by default I don’t want hazard removal bc it can backfire on helping Regigigas. I tend to face trouble with Zygarde-C or Giratina if my Zacian-C is removed so I need to preserve it, and maintain its power / coverage.
Effectiveness; why should someone use it?
Pretty powerful, and doesn’t rely on debuffs, only benefits from it, allowing you to reward yourself for key predictions, and eventually wear down the foe thru their own standard strategies that normally help them, but now hurt them:

Someone should use it to decimate HO by applying debuffs and pressure throughout the match, and force out their wall breakers and sweepers with strategic status, hazards, and heavy type coverage. Expect to see surprised chat messages when their Fire Lash, Thunderous Kick, and other debuff moves trigger your Defiant Regigigas to Defy expectations.

They should also play this team directly to Balance and Stall teams that tend to rely on bulk, only to see their standard moves in Strength Sap, Defog, and Parting Shot literally backfire in their face. Suddenly they cannot use much of their support system, and their attempts at damage are further punish with Cramorant and Zacian-Base generating status and hazards they don’t want to clear for fear of triggering Gulp Missile via Rapid Spin, or Defog via Defiantx putting the foe between a rock and a hard place.
I have to say I am really impressed with Choice Band Regigigas with Defiant. He literally get a x3 when he comes in: (+ 2 = x 2 Attack x 1.5 = 3).
A Close Combat / Extreme Speed is a 2HKO vs Zygarde-Complete

+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Regigigas Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 316-373 (49.6 - 58.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

So if Prankster Zygarde-C thinks it can stomach an Extreme Speed, by coming in, it can’t stay in the next turn.
  • +2 252+ Atk Choice Band Regigigas Glacial Lance vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Zygarde-Complete: 684-808 (107.5 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • Glacial Lance vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 278-329 (55.2 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252+ Atk Choice Band Regigigas Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zacian-Crowned: 180-212 (46.3 - 54.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Jolly Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Entrainment
- Sticky Web
- Recover

Zacian @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Facade
- Psycho Shift

Giratina @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Core Enforcer
- Parting Shot

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Parting Shot

Cramorant-Gorging @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gulp Missile
Careful Nature
- Fire Lash
- Roost
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off

Regigigas @ Choice Band / Life Orb / Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Close Combat / Roost
- Glacial Lance
4-0 Win Replay

Last edited:
Unlike the other listed examples of Defiant / Competitive, I can say that Extreme Speed is a legit threat, that doesn’t rely on the foe to be slower via Paraysis or Sticky Webs.

:Zamazenta-crowned: :Zamazenta: :zygarde-complete: :cramorant-gorging: :Regigigas: :Ho-oh:
Description: A potent wall breaker team meant to take advantage of Sticky Webs support to the fullest, while providing plenty of passive damage and status to disrupt an opponent’s overall switching potential, and take full advantage of their standard debuff moves.
How to use your team: My team functions as a strategic set up for an epic sweep. I lead with Zamazenta-C to immediately place Sticky Web on the foe’s team in the beginning of the match, and use Zacian-C to set up hazards and spread Burns. Later in the match I apply pressure on my foe’s team with Cramorant to scout what moves they have (I.e. Defog), and rack up paralysis. I then pivot and bait a move, such as setting up Spikes with Zacian, so when I predict a debuff move like Defog, I can send in Regigigas.

Lastly, I send in Regigigas towards the mid-late game where I sweep off of their debuff which triggers Defiant. If I sense they don’t have any, then I send in Zamazenta-C to Entrain Magic Bounce and set it up on my own side so I can trigger Regigigas’ Defiant myself. The surprise from the foe catches them off guard, and the power from Choice Band Regigigas catches them off guard even further.
Weakness: Court Change impacts which person set Sticky Webs, so it can prevent Sticky Webs from triggering Defiant, and by default I don’t want hazard removal bc it can backfire on helping Regigigas. I tend to face trouble with Zygarde-C or Giratina if my Zacian-C is removed so I need to preserve it, and maintain its power / coverage.
Pretty powerful, and doesn’t rely on debuffs, only benefits from it, allowing you to reward yourself for key predictions, and eventually wear down the foe thru their own standard strategies that normally help them, but now hurt them:

Someone should use it to decimate HO by applying debuffs and pressure throughout the match, and force out their wall breakers and sweepers with strategic status, hazards, and heavy type coverage. Expect to see surprised chat messages when their Fire Lash, Thunderous Kick, and other debuff moves trigger your Defiant Regigigas to Defy expectations.

They should also play this team directly to Balance and Stall teams that tend to rely on bulk, only to see their standard moves in Strength Sap, Defog, and Parting Shot literally backfire in their face. Suddenly they cannot use much of their support system, and their attempts at damage are further punish with Cramorant and Zacian-Base generating status and hazards they don’t want to clear for fear of triggering Gulp Missile via Rapid Spin, or Defog via Defiantx putting the foe between a rock and a hard place.
I have to say I am really impressed with Choice Band Regigigas with Defiant. He literally get a x3 when he comes in: (+ 2 = x 2 Attack x 1.5 = 3).

+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Regigigas Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 316-373 (49.6 - 58.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

So if Prankster Zygarde-C thinks it can stomach an Extreme Speed, by coming in, it can’t stay in the next turn.
  • +2 252+ Atk Choice Band Regigigas Glacial Lance vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Zygarde-Complete: 684-808 (107.5 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +2 252+ Atk Choice Band Regigigas Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zacian-Crowned: 180-212 (46.3 - 54.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Hey bro, cool team!
I like your ideas, however, I don't like Choice Band Regigigas. I think, locking yourself to one move, especially in BH where ghost types are all over the place, is sometimes quite hindering.
I suggest using Life Orb or Expert Belt combined with Strength Sap to replace Close Combat. You might try it out, maybe you like it!
Have a good day!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Hey bro, cool team!
I like your ideas, however, I don't like Choice Band Regigigas. I think, locking yourself to one move, especially in BH where ghost types are all over the place, is sometimes quite hindering.
I suggest using Life Orb or Expert Belt combined with Strength Sap to replace Close Combat. You might try it out, maybe you like it!
Have a good day!
That’s a good point, V-Create already handles Steels, and all, so I will slash it on there! Each has its benefits:

For example — CB lets it narrowly KO Fur Coat Zygarde-Complete via Glacial Lance, while Extreme Speed just barely 2HKOs Zygarde-C.

Strength Sap could function well, I just fear Strength Sap working as a free heal or boost for Imposter. It wouldn’t be safe to throw in Magic Bounce Zamazenta-C to block it due to V-Create and Defiant boosts. I will consider it, and make a slash for sure though! Maybe Roost would be safer.

I hope you have a good day too!

Last edited:

:Zamazenta-crowned: :Zacian::zygarde-complete: :cramorant-gorging: :Regigigas: :Ho-oh:

• Glacial Lance vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 278-329 (55.2 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Jolly Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Entrainment
- Sticky Web
- Recover

Zacian @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Facade
- Psycho Shift

Giratina @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Core Enforcer
- Parting Shot

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Parting Shot

Cramorant-Gorging @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gulp Missile
Careful Nature
- Fire Lash
- Roost
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off

Regigigas @ Choice Band / Life Orb / Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Close Combat / Roost
- Glacial Lance
4-0 Win Replay
Tbh I think you a Hazards Removal, like Defog, so Imposter can boost your Regigigas attack.

DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY

Description: Bulky Offense featuring Mold Breaker Kartana to tear holes in the enemy lines
How to use: Lead Darm-Z to safely activate your first Toxic Orb. After that just try to predict your enemy switches and react accordingly. Kartana is the only wallbreaker of the team, so protect it from unnecessary damage. Although it has SSap, it's fragile. DarmZ is the Kartana improof, resisting all 3 of his attacks. It's purpose is to spread burns and punish other PHealers since it's so slow, it always moves last with Core Enforcer. FC Zama-C is the Regi counter and it also shuts down many teams with Taunt + Trap. Zygarde is the Prankster Haze user to counter any setup. Xerneas is PHeal for longevity. It can setup to clean late game, furthermore it's the only hazard control. Last but not least Scales Aegislash because I needed to improof the Xerneas. And I wanted something to eat up Core Enforcers. Aegislash over Doublade because Corrosive Gas and Knock Off are present and I don't want to use a mon which is completely screwed without an item.
Weaknesses: Hazard stack is a big problem, since I only have 1 removing option which is normal type. My team would lose against Tesseract's team, but BH is a rock-paper-scissors kind of gamemode. Try to keep Xerneas healthy at all costs and don't switch it into unnecessary damage. Try to use the slow pivots the team offers to get some heal off the poison. Furthermore mixed Palkia is literal pain as there are no 100% safe switchins except maybe Water Absorb Zacian or something. Try to scout the set with King's Shield and corrode Palkia's item. If you play safe and smart, every matchup should be winnable with this team as it offers a good lategame and breaking potential.
Effectiveness: It does fairly well in the ladder, giving me 14-1 score so far. I will test it further and post updates here. Only gathered 1 replay so far since I forgot to save some. Will add more replays as I play with the team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1303166383

This is my first real Submission attempt so have mercy if my descriptions and things aren't perfect. English is not my mother language.
Changelog (courtesy of some tips from opfish):
1. Zygarde-Complete: Core Enforcer --> Thousand Waves
Needed to trap Imposters with my Zygarde.

2. Zygarde-Complete: Teleport --> Volt Switch

Wanted to keep my pivot move, but made it self-improof.

3. Xerneas: Volt Switch --> Thunder Cage
Self-improofed my Xerneas by removing its pivot move so it can trap reliably.

4. Aegislash: Core Enforcer --> Poison Fang
This change is a bit experimental, as I got the hint that my Aegislash is a bit too passive.

Still open to more improvements as I want to make this a potential sample.

1616092513149.png
Importable

Before i say anything thanks to sugarhigh for the team base, I edited it from there based on my experience. I wanted a team that was strictly hyper offense, and this did pretty well on ladder.

How to Use: Lead with either Zygarde or Giratina and Final Gambit/Switch based on their lead. I've found that once you final gambit once, your opponent becomes weary and starts switching around when you send in the other - so I prefer to lead with zygarde in order to trick scarf onto defensive checks.

Zygarde-Complete @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn

Usually my lead - as long as they don't lead with chansey, I just final gambit to knock one out. Rapid Spin & Stealth Rock are there for utility; if they do run chansey I stealth rock because they either switch or trade. U-Turn is just for switching, in case you need to pivot.

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Close Combat
- Glacial Lance
- Sunsteel Strike

Self Improofed late game cleaner. Sunsteel prevents any sturdy FEAR shenanigans, and glance is there for coverage. Not much else to explain - but it's only a one time thing, so I don't usually send it in until I'm confident they have no speed control or if I need to kill a Zygarde-C.

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Baneful Bunker
- Facade
- Precipice Blades

A good general mon - cramorant counter, 24% heal if you protect every other turn, along with switchin against spectral thief if you need it. Somewhat Self-Improofed, but Facade doesn't 2HKO at +1 so don't rely on it. Baneful Bunker can be super useful against any physical mon, since this can stall against balance pretty well. Facade is 140BP along with STAB, so it hits really hard after a shift gear. Precipice blades is there for coverage against steels - but the lack of spectral thief makes this viable to anchor shot.

Xerneas @ Metronome
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief/Blue Flare
- Imprison

Counter for AteSpeed. Boomburst hits hard because of metronome, so once any defensive steels or poisons are dead you can kill any non-resists with Boomburst then nuke whatever comes out next. Spectral Thief/Blue Flare each has it's uses, i prefer Blue Flare to suprise prankster registeels, but spectral thief is useful to counter any non-stored power setup mons.

Giratina @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Spectral Thief
- Trick
- U-turn

Final Gambit number two. Spectral Thief is there to get rid of boosts, and trick to wall stall/defensive mons and entrainment dragapult. U-Turn is again just there because I wanted a pivot move.

Mewtwo @ Shed Shell
Ability: Simple
Mild Nature
- Imprison
- No Retreat
- Spectral Thief
- Stored Power

The main sweeper. This is pretty self-explanatory, start with imprison then set up and kill with stored power. It's main counters are non-imposter chansey and dark types, but it's not one-time setup so you don't have to wait until lategame.

This team is weak to counter HO (specifically stored power and unburden) and really well played prankster haze steel types. I've been caught off guard by both - so I usually don't like to immediately use both Final Gambit mons until I know what I want to KO.

Effectiveness: It's Hyper Offense, and can win games really quickly. On ladder specifically, it has a lot of suprises, so you can catch people off-guard and trick scarf or imprison mewtwo/xerneas and cripple their team. I really like it because it's anti-stall, but if that's not reason enough everything works together so it doesn't only rely on taking people off-guard.

Replays:

Against Im just trash mate

Prankster Sub/Spore chansey was something I wasn't really prepared for, so it took me a while to get rid of it. I saved both Final Gambit users because I wanted to make sure they'd kill chansey if my opponent switched. Once both final gambit users were gone I sent out mewtwo and setup - I knew they had chansey but it really didn't matter since I'd already imprisoned spectral thief.

Against Brimamodels

This was really where final gambit shined - taking out two defensive mons off the bat, leaving just cramorant and chansey to deal with setup. Regigigas got rid of magearna and cramorant, so I was able to end it with mewtwo.

Last edited:
team real.png

The Team

hello friends id like to share a team I've been using to some success

Energizer (Magearna-Original) @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Primordial Sea
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Glare
- Aromatherapy

this is support/status mon. Wish allows it heal my offensive mons making sure they don't need healing moves to exist while making improofing easier(also makes switching into different mons semi-free). primordial sea gives me fire immunity due to its secondary affect and boosts scald damage giving it pseudo-stab with it. Glare is so I can cripple everything that doesn't have magic bounce or is an electric type(it can hit ghost types despite being a normal move) and aromatherapy is to stop imposter from doing the same to my team and to stop status mons with prankster or cram.( quick note: scald can deal 30- 40% damage on mons that aren't defensive and don't resist) Shed Shell can be used if you're having trouble with trapping or want more ways to deal with things like Normalize Dragapult

Inferno Ring (Reshiram) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Dragon Energy
- Quiver Dance
- Synthesis
this is a pretty simple but effective set. desolate land+ eruption+ stab deals big damage and gives water immunity (good for water spout and rend). dragon energy is for there for stab and synthesis heals you 2/3, quiver dance boosts your firepower etc. boots helps deal with hazards by giving immunity to them (really helps with its stealth rock weakness). Its improof is Magearna who hard counters with immunity to both attacks and makes synthesis heal 25%. it can also counter Magearna with eruption as desolate land gets rid of primordial sea bringing back its fire weakness and gives a guaranteed OHKO if your not on low health or gives a free heal. It has a plus speed nature to outspeed most common dragons and like Palkia so that it can OHKO if the opponent doesn't have speed boosts or a +spe nature

LegendOfTheNight (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Bonemerang
- Dragon Darts
- Ice Shard​
I'm pretty sure this is champion Leon's set and is pretty self explainable, late game sweeper/early game wallbreaker. My only changes are life orb for damage and ice shard for priority stab(its also boosted by technician which helps) with life orb if you use Ddarts as imposter switches in you can OHKO with ice shard next turn. Its also more or less improofed by all my tanks who can just burn it or kill with Sunsteel strike

WizardLordPheonix (Ho-Oh) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Haze
- Roost
- Rapid Spin
this is a pretty normal ho-oh set that deals with gimmicky stuff like entrainment and hazards, also gets rid of stat boosts. ( i went with haze over thief to deal with normal types and other things that have immunity to it) Its best counter is Magearna or itself

Avatar of Wrath (Pheromosa) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Mind Blown
- Steel Beam
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn​
I'm pretty sure this is another of Leons sets. its pretty self explanatory and is improofed by ho-oh which resists all of its attacks.

Sauda (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike
- Knock Off
this is a pretty normal Doublade with knock off to annoy anything with items and deal decent damage, sunsteel strike instakills Kyurem and everything else gives some longevity, thief is here as its stabs and most mons weak to it are physical giving some(but not likely) chance to sweep
Lead: you should lead with either steel type depending on if you expect a normal lead(Magearna) or setup sweeper or wall breaking lead(doublade)
you should also lead with ho-oh if you expect a ground lead like Groudon or PH mon like Gigas to try and burn with sacred fire.(Magearna also works with glare for PH mons)

Effectiveness: its proven Fairly Reliable and I've gotten an 18W-2L streak with it. it does pretty well against stall as the attackers can you usually switch in and kill a mon every now and then.

Weaknesses: ground types as half the team has a weakness to them, or dragon which 2 of the offensive mons are weak to. other weaknesses include a Bdrum sweep if doublade is down or stored power. another weird weakness is no guard eleki if you get parahacked. another of its weaknesses is HO if you don't get a status off

\
hope you like my team and I'm open tips or recommendations. Have great day!
Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1304219148
replay 2
replay 3
final replay

here are some alternate mons that work with the team

Bloon Solver (Eternatus) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Desolate Land
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Energy
- Eruption
- Synthesis

If Reshiram isn't getting the ability to setup or you're having speed issues then this mon works as a replacement that can deal with fairies better and is still improofed by mag as has it has immunity to all its moves otherwise it can be used the same as Reshiram albeit with more switch in opportunities.
link

Avatar of Wrath (Yveltal) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Wicked Blow
- Acrobatics
- Belly Drum

This thing can replace phero if it isnt being used and self-improofs as imposter wont be able to get an unburden to activate making it half your speed and absolutely walls imposters with choice scarf. this allows it to be a great lategame sweeper that outspeeds everything including +speed eleki. it also helps the team with stored power immunity
link

Last edited:
For the Sample Team donation event I'd like to submitt this team https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...en-8-monotype-challenge.3680199/#post-8787840 that I used for a BH Laddering Challenge. I was able to go 29-1 on the BH ladder with this team so it's definitely reliable on ladder and an excellent pick for those wanting to get into the game. This team is especially good against Trapping, Rapid Spin, Cramorant and Palkia; all of which which has seen a recent uptick in the Metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)