-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
What is Balanced Hackmons?
From a technical standpoint, Balanced Hackmons (BH) is an Other Meta that allows you to use nearly anything possible that you can battle with in a local battle between players, in the most current cartridge.
Conceptually, BH is defined as a sandbox tier where one can use Pokemon to their fullest potential with normal restrictions being removed.
What makes it Balanced?
The removal of abilities, moves or Pokemon that focus the meta only around their use.
Highlights of BH Mechanics:
Here is but a sample of the cool things you can do in BH and nowhere else!
Note: The following is subject to the current banlist. Some mechanics may not be finalized on PS
- Mix and match mons in any of their usable forms in the game directly!
- Use (nearly) any Pokemon, Ability, move or item of your choice! If it's coded in the game, you can use it!
- Make use of as many of the same mon on your team!
- Make use of Pokemon with maxed out EV's!
The banlist keeps the"Balanced" in Balanced Hackmons. Here's our interim banlist for the beta BH8 Ladder (this will eventually move to a BH8 Suspects and Bans Thread):
<Nothing to see here>
- OHKO Moves
- Wonder Guard
- Pure / Huge Power
- Parental Bond
- Protean / Libero
- Shadow Tag/Arena Trap
- Water Bubble
- Innards Out
- Magnet Pull
- Psychic Surge
- Neutralizing Gas (Initial Banlist)
- Gorilla Tactics
|Nov 18, 2019||[Gen 8] Balanced Hackmons goes live on PokemonShowdown! Initial Banlist Decision Breakdown here|
|Nov 24, 2019||Creation of the Balanced Hackmons Council here|
|Nov 30, 2019||Gorilla Tactics QuickBanned here|
- ComaTalk Clause: Sleep Talk can't be run on a Pokemon with the Comatose ability
- Endless Battle Clause: Forcing an endless battle is banned, similar to the rest of PS
- Evasion Moves Clause: No moves that can increase Evasion are allowed. This does not include abilities or items that may modify Evasion passively such as Sand Veil or Brightpowder
- Sleep Clause: Only one Pokemon on the opponent's team can be put to sleep at a time. This excludes self-inflicted sleep or Comatose
<Nothing to see here>
Note: Anything that is included in Gen 7's banlist that wasn't carried over into Gen 8 will be treated as "dormant banned" unless otherwise stated i.e. if these are to return, they will be automatically banned before going forward with new discussion.
- [Gen 7] Balanced Hackmons Ladder Thread
- [Gen 7] Balanced Hackmons Suspects and Bans Thread
- [Gen 7] Balanced Hackmons Central Resources Thread
- [Gen 6] Balanced Hackmons Ladder Thread
- [Gen 6] Balanced Hackmons Central
- [Gen 6] Balanced Hackmons Suspects and Bans Thread
- [Gen 5] Comprehensive Guide to Balanced Hackmons
- Balanced Hackmons: History (by verbatim)
E4 Flint (TL)