Balanced LC Team

Overview: This is a 4th gen team built around my sweepers. I've got walls to remove their counters, SR support, revenge killer removal, and screens. Now I'll just let my team do the talking.

Lead:

Bronzor @ Light Clay
Levitate
Careful / Calm
220 HP, 4 Atk, 148 Def, 4 SpA, 68 SpD, 68 Spe
Moves:
Reflect
Light Screen
Earthquake / Psychic
Stealth Rock

This is my lead. Light Clay and the screens work together to get me 8 turns of each screen so my sweepers can set up. The nature is to boost a defense and lower the type of attack I won't use. I don't know which attack I want to use because I'm not sure which one provides more coverage I don't already have. Stealth Rock is there to grab my sweepers a few kills. The EVs maximize defenses and add an extra point to an attack. The speed EVs allow me to speed tie with a Wynaut so it might not encore a pathetic move (a purely theoretical situation, but I had to do something with the leftover EVs).

Field Clearers:

Wynaut @ Oran Berry
Shadow Tag
Bold
76 Hp, 132 Def, 212 SpD, 12 Spe
Moves:
Encore
Counter
Mirror Coat
Tickle

My sweeper set-up helper. Oran Berry obviously keeps Wynaut alive to Counter and Mirror Coat repeatedly. Encore helps to force the opponent to keep using a move that I resist or am immune to. Counter and Mirror Coat eat up scarfed pokemon who dare think they can try to end my sweeper's sweep. Tickle can lower Bronzor or other walls' defense so I can switch and punish them with Pursuit. The EVs maximize defenses and allow me to outspeed a - speed natured Bronzor so I can Encore a support move.

Munchlax @ Oran Berry / maybe possibly Leftovers?
Thick Fat
Adamant
236 Atk, 36 Def, 236 SpD
Moves:
Return
Earthquake
Pursuit
Fire Punch

This is a special wall. He takes threatening Ice Beams and HP Ices for my sweepers and other special attacks. Oran Berry / Leftovers is there to keep my wall alive. If I decide to use Leftovers, I'll change my EV spread to something along the lines of
156 HP, 156 Atk, 36 Def, 156 SpD. Anyway, Return is for powerful STAB, EQ to hit Rocks and Steels expecting Return. Pursuit is to hit fleeing Ghosts and a Tickled pokemon. Fire Punch is mainly just to hit Bronzor. The 2 possible EV spreads are to keep him a special wall and still be able to hit hard.

Lickitung @ Oran Berry
Own Tempo
Sassy
236 HP, 36 SpA, 236 SpD
Moves:
Wish
Protect
Body Slam
Ice Beam / Fire Blast

This may seem like a Munchlax twin, but with a few key differences: Wish and Ice Beam. Wish restores my team's health, which my sweepers and Wynaut especially appreciate. Ice Beam hits Gligar, who I don't have much of a counter to otherwise and. Body Slam is used over Return to spread paralysis around. Fire Blast is also an option because it hits Grass types like Ice Beam, but also hits Bronzor who walls this set. It even appreciates the paralysis, increasing Gyro Ball's power.

The Sweepers:

Dratini @ Life Orb
Shed Skin
Adamant
28 HP, 244 Atk, 36 SpD, 196 Spe
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall
Extremespeed

Here it is. One of (if not THE) my most favorite pokemon in LC. Dragon and Water provide superb coverage. If you think a +1 LO Outrage isn't very strong, think how you would like getting beaten up by an angry dragon 2-3 times. Then look at this statistic: the only pokemon not 2HKO'd by Outrage are Aron, Shieldon, Bronzor. Onix. Aron, Shieldon, and Onix are all OHKO'd by Waterfall. Bronzor is hit for a 3HKO which is noteworthy, because most non-STAB moves can't muster that. Dragon Dance is for the obvious set-up. Extremespeed hits weakened Choice Scarfers and slower priority users who try to revenge kill Dratini. With the screens from Bronzor and Encore from Wynaut, Dratini will find many opportunities to set up.

Drifloon @ Oran Berry
Unburden
Modest
116 HP, 8 Def, 200 SpA, 8 SpD, 120 Spe
Moves:
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fighting
Substitute

A rather overlooked LC ghost. Often overshadowed by Gastly's higher SpA and Spe and Duskull's higher defenses, Drifloon needs to set himself apart, and he has. Unburden is the key here as well as Calm Mind. As Wynaut Encores a Return, Earthquake, or the occasional Fighting move, Drifloon switches in. As the opponent switches out, I set up a Sub. From there I stack Calm Minds and deal out perfect coverage moves. Then, once my health gets low enough, Oran Berry activates, my health is restored and my speed doubled. There the sweep can truly begin. The EVs grant me 30 speed after Unburden, outrunning all +1 pokemon in LC except Voltorb, Elekid, and Diglett. They also raise my SpA while maintaining respectable bulk.

That's my team. A lead, some field-clearers, and 2 sweepers. Rate, answer some of my "Which one should I use?" questions, just don't be unfairly critical because I'm new to LC.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm assuming this team is built for gen 5 in this post.

Your team is incredibly weak to a number of common threats. Murkrow and Zuruggu can currently 6-0 this team. Lickitung looks like your least valuable member, and... it's basically a Munchlax clone, so replacing it with a Dokkora allows you to beat Zuruggu. Use the standard bulk up set (Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Payback @ Evolution Stone). You're still very weak to Murkrow though, so replacing Drifloon with a choice scarf chinchou helps out this weakness. You look a bit weak to earthquake though... so use psychic over earthquake on bronzor. It hits harder than EQ anyways.

If this team is for 4th gen:

Drifloon is subpar, it's slow before the boost and it needs to set up before it can do any real damage, and if it can't set up it won't do anything. A Gastly with substitute/hypnosis/shadow ball/sludge bomb would be a great replacement, as it forces switches with substitute and then can pick apart the opponent's team from behind a sub. In 4th gen, lickitung still isn't doing much, so, replacing it with something like a gligar will help, as you are currently very weak to lead houndour (who carries reversal to ko munchlax, along with overheat/fire blast). A scarf set would probably help the most as it can serve as a revenge killer, which your team curretly lacks.

To handle lead houndour, do this: Switch to munchlax on the overheat, switch to gligar on the reversal, uturn back to munchlax on the overheat, switch back to gligar, kill with earthquake.

Whichever generation this team is for, good luck. Also, update the OP with what gen the team is for.

This is for 4th gen, my bad for not putting that up before. About Drifloon, I prefer him over Gastly because Drifloon can set up with Calm Mind, but Gastly does not. About Lickitung, I agree. I only had him there for Wish support, but I could use a Gligar more. I'll try that. Thanks for the rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)