Base Stats of New Pokemon

Nobody's talking about the OTHER pure dragon?

Yeah... there's another one. 77/120/90/60/90/48

It's solid defensively, and being pure dragon helps actually, as it gives him the three elemental resistances and only two weaknesses.
I could see it working very well with Dragon Tail [which is a TM, so it's practically guaranteed that he gets it]
tbh Base 120 attack isn't all that impressive when you consider he can't use special attacks thanks to his crappy SpA. Oh, and the fact that it is outsped by pretty much everything. Totally outclassed by Onono, but maybe will see some use in UU?

tbh Base 120 attack isn't all that impressive when you consider he can't use special attacks thanks to his crappy SpA. Oh, and the fact that it is outsped by pretty much everything.
I'm not suggesting to make him a sweeper or anything, actually, I'd rather capitalize on his bulk and dragon's tail [60 BP physical roar]

He could be decent. It seems everyone's written him off already.

^I believe it is the statistically weakest dragon now, 5 points lower than Ruby and Sapphire's Altaria. I can see it making a decent Choice Bander with that attack and those defenses.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
well I just realized that the pure Flying legendary will probably be completely outclassed by the Electric/Flying legendary...kinda disappointing for such a cool typing. Are there any advantages of pure-flying over electric/flying? The only one I can think of is that it won't be weak to EQ if it roosts.
I don't it can roost since it loses its flying type when it does...what then? It'll be missingno type?

Also, about the dragon with 120 attack, doesn't Encourage mean it gets to Outrage without fear of confusion? That could be dangerous if it does indeed get Dragon Dance and manages to get to +2 somehow...otherwise maybe with some Twave support? I dunno I wouldn't completely write it off though.

^I believe it is the statistically weakest dragon now, 5 points lower than Ruby and Sapphire's Altaria. I can see it making a decent Choice Bander with that attack and those defenses.
At least it doesn't have a stealth rock weakness, or a x4 weakness to ice though.

I'm not suggesting to make him a sweeper or anything, actually, I'd rather capitalize on his bulk and dragon's tail [60 BP physical roar]

He could be decent. It seems everyone's written him off already.
It's just that Ononokusu has higher attack, better speed, and pretty much the same hit taking ability from the physical side.

Nobody's talking about the OTHER pure dragon?

Yeah... there's another one. 77/120/90/60/90/48

It's solid defensively, and being pure dragon helps actually, as it gives him the three elemental resistances and only two weaknesses.
I could see it working very well with Dragon Tail [which is a TM, so it's practically guaranteed that he gets it]
It will undoubtedly have issues with all the other fast, high powered dragons around, as it won't be able to eat those Outrages/Draco Meteros, even with its nice defenses.

Definitely the best Trick Room Dragon, and if it does make it to UU, oh boy.

I don't it can roost since it loses its flying type when it does...what then? It'll be missingno type?
When a pure flying roosts (at least in gen 4) it becomes the ??? type, which is neutral to everything. They tested this by getting a pure-flying smeargle with one of the conversions and having it use roost.

When a pure flying roosts (at least in gen 4) it becomes the ??? type, which is neutral to everything. They tested this by getting a pure-flying smeargle with one of the conversions and having it use roost.
Does that mean it's basically undefined? no weaknesses/resistances/immunites?

alamaster

hello
That's too sick, those genie bros are gonna be cool as hell :D Especially the Ground one he looks like a boss!

Also, about the dragon with 120 attack, doesn't Encourage mean it gets to Outrage without fear of confusion? That could be dangerous if it does indeed get Dragon Dance and manages to get to +2 somehow...otherwise maybe with some Twave support? I dunno I wouldn't completely write it off though.
Wow, that's true. Encourage+Outrage might be damn amazing.

Wouldn't that even mean that you wouldn't get "locked in" to Outrage?

Maybe Encourage doesn't do that... but if it did that would make Outrage ridiculously broken.

I think Aianto's viability will strongly depend on a good movepool. Special frailty will seriously cripple it if it doesn't have the options to take down certain walls.

I'm not good at calculating viability and all that. How is Aianto?
Can't tell without movepool but it's looking like it's shit. I don't know what niche he could possibly fill that the other three bug/steel [and to a lesser extent the grass/steel] won't fill.

Someone should take the time to do a capsule rundown of each fully evolved Poke from the new Gen ;P

Ainto Has the highest Speed stat of any Bug/Steel type, as well as a usable Attack stat. It'll die from almost any Special attack it doesn't resist, though, so move pool will be the deciding factor, like Chateau said.

Ainto Has the highest Speed stat of any Bug/Steel type, as well as a usable Attack stat. It'll die from almost any Special attack it doesn't resist, though, so move pool will be the deciding factor, like Chateau said.
That's true, but I'd rather take Scizor's boosted priority over whatever his fast ass can dish out. Plus the bug/steel at the end of the dex has only 10 less speed for much better stats [and download!]

alamaster

hello
The legendary Bug/Steel will probably be uber though. 120 in both attacking stats plus Download? Yikes. It's obviously very early to tell, but with that and the added bulk it will be a very big threat.

Ainto could still be viable with the right support, Light Screen, etc. Defense is very nice as well. It will all depend on movepools.

The legendary Bug/Steel will probably be uber though. 120 in both attacking stats plus Download? Yikes. It's obviously very early to tell, but with that and the added bulk it will be a very big threat.

Ainto could still be viable with the right support, Light Screen, etc. Defense is very nice as well. It will all depend on movepools.
As a base 600, I believe that will start in OU, and it'll be a while before we get bans and complaints and whatnot anyway.

alamaster

hello
I agree, I'm just saying that from my perspective it seems like it would be a bit too broken. But who knows, depending on movesets it might be entirely reasonable for it to be OU.

I agree, I'm just saying that from my perspective it seems like it would be a bit too broken. But who knows, depending on movesets it might be entirely reasonable for it to be OU.
Will our SpaceBug (#649, the Downloader) even be usable in standard play? I mean, Arceus was banned for the longest time on account of not being officially obtainable, right? Will the new Event Pokemon be handled similarly, or will they be usable from day 1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)