Baton Pass Chaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized something when going through the Battle Factory in Platinum, I've seen a noticable drop in baton pass chains on shoddy battle, sure maybe the occasional Ninjask, but nothing outside of that. This realization came to me after I realized what my team had become, BP on Jolteon and Gliscor with Agility and Swords Dance respectively, ending with, because nintendo doesn't care about our rules, Garchomp. A long baton pass chain may be difficult to pull off in OU, and will certainly need some rapid spin support, but I think that chains where you have 5 levels of stat boost and assorted other junk + a finisher at the end will be something the metagame in its current state will not expect, Spanish Inquisition Style!

Well there's always countersash. And ice shard and a steel type surviving to explode and all sorts of weird things that can screw garchomp since he is easily screwed in the bf.

Scizor used bullet punch!
Skarmory used whirlwind!
Salamence used Outrage/Draco Meteor!
<pokemon> used explosion!

As you can see, the reason baton pass teams aren't used anymore is because the metagame has evolved aroung them and much of the current metagame prevents this from working.
This doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The advent of Trick as a widely accessible move went a long way towards killing the BP team. Obviously a well designed BP team will go out of it's way to make sure they always have a Substitute up so it's not all doom and gloom but Trick was yet another nail in the coffin.

I'd be quite interested to see a discussion about the viability of BP teams in Platinum but there's so little effort in this OP that I don't think this thread can go a great deal further so...

Rules said:
Do not post arguments without backing, or you will feel the wrath of the moderators. We hate that. If you wish to contribute to discussions, you should read How to argue and start discussions by Tangerine first to prevent logical fallacies from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)