Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Lost at around 67 Wins in Super Singles. I might be missing something but I am sure Gengar cannot beat a Choice Scarf Durant Speed wise right? Gengar did not have a Speed Boosting item and it outspeeded my Durant and KO'd it. The Durant as perfect IV's etc I must be missing something or calculating this wrong somewhere?
Did the Gengar possibly have Choice Scarf? Or Quick Claw? Or is there any way its speed could have been boosted?

Gengar's speed assuming a positive nature is 350. Durant's speed assuming 31 IVs/252 EVs and a Choice Scarf would be 472 with a neutral nature and 519 with a positive nature. I smell shenanigans.
Did the Gengar possibly have Choice Scarf? Or Quick Claw? Or is there any way its speed could have been boosted?
No boosting moves as it was it's first attack and the starting Pokemon. When it outspeeded my Durant I assumed it was Choice Scarf as there was no Quick Claw so I switched in thinking it cannot change Move and it it did change move (so no Scarf) and then KOd my second Pokemon.

Lost at around 67 Wins in Super Singles. I might be missing something but I am sure Gengar cannot beat a Choice Scarf Durant Speed wise right? Gengar did not have a Speed Boosting item and it outspeeded my Durant and KO'd it. The Durant as perfect IV's etc I must be missing something or calculating this wrong somewhere?
It shouldn't, max Speed Gengar reaches 178 at lvl 50, while max Speed Durant reaches 177 at lvl 50 but with Scarf it's like 250ish. You sure it wasn't with a Scarf too?

It shouldn't, max Speed Gengar reaches 178 at lvl 50, while max Speed Durant reaches 177 at lvl 50 but with Scarf it's like 250ish. You sure it wasn't with a Scarf too?
100% sure.

Gengar uses Shadow Ball, Durant gets KO'd.
Switch to Gogoat as I thought it was locked with Shadow Ball.
Gengar uses Sludge Bomb.

I am mega confused about this and I currently feel cheated by the game xDD.

Been using the following to varying degrees of success:

Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant/Intimidate (252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Mild/Levitate (4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/x/31
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Draco Meteor
-Roost

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Sassy/Sand Stream (252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/x
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Payback
-Fire Blast

I'm thinking of swapping out hydreigon for Salamence (for the double intimidate), and TTar doesn't really seem to be helping a ton, though it would help tank the special attacks meant for MawMence. Fire Blast isn't really hitting much that EQ and Payback don't hit. Any suggestions/comments on what I have now?

Planning on running a Salamence that's essentially a clone of Hydreigon, by the way:

Salamence @ Life Orb (Specs?)
Timid/Intimidate (4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe)
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Hydro Pump
-??? (Earthquake?)

I'm thinking of swapping out hydreigon for Salamence (for the double intimidate), and TTar doesn't really seem to be helping a ton, though it would help tank the special attacks meant for MawMence. Fire Blast isn't really hitting much that EQ and Payback don't hit. Any suggestions/comments on what I have now?
Swapping hydreigon for salamence is not a bad idea. Salamence also covers mawile's ground/fire weakness and adds an extra intimidate. Salamence is also a slightly stronger attacker with higher speed. I would suggest going with draco meteor, outrage, earthquake, and fire blast. Getting locked into outrage isn't too bad when the ai doesn't switch and you only need to down 3 pokemon. You have mawile that resists everything you are weak to anyway. Life orb is probably your best option on that set.

If you want to ditch T-Tar, I would suggest getting a fast special attacker, because you are quite weak in that department. Maybe a protean greninja, volcarona (big buzz ignores annoying subs), alakazam, gengar, etc...

Beat the champion for Super Doubles.

Decided to play some Final Fantasy RPG by running Slowbro + Mega Mawile leads.

Slowbro Oblivious 252HP 252Sdef 4Def Leftovers
Scald
Trick Room
Slack Off
Heal Pulse

Mega Mawile 252Atk 252HP 4Def Mawilite
Iron Head
Play Rough
Sucker Punch
Sword Dance

Slowbro starts Trick Room into spamming Heals while Mawile sets up and kills everything. Switch into Azumarril or Talonflame if either of my leads are gonna be OHKO by Fire/Grass/Fighting/Ground.

Just letting you know, your listed team has a huge weakness to Fighting types. Salamence is good too for Fighting coverage, but also watch for later matches against legendaries and Lati@s. I'd recommend having your last member something that can deal with them if MMawile doesn't get them first, as a failsafe.

So I finally had my Super Singles streak end at 65 wins thanks to... a Barbaracle. Yeah.

Mawile came out, got it to -1. I Mega Evolved and SD'd it gets a crit Razor Shell, bringing me to the red. Next turn, +2 Sucker Punch fails to OHKO (it was at like 1% health) and it Razor Shells for the kill. Out comes Gyarados, it's at -2 Atk now. I feel safe to DD, and it Stone Edges... critical. Gyarados down. Sylveon mops it up, but then I die to a Leech Seed/Hydro Pump Ludicolo.

I'm kinda salty right now.

Swapping hydreigon for salamence is not a bad idea. Salamence also covers mawile's ground/fire weakness and adds an extra intimidate. Salamence is also a slightly stronger attacker with higher speed. I would suggest going with draco meteor, outrage, earthquake, and fire blast. Getting locked into outrage isn't too bad when the ai doesn't switch and you only need to down 3 pokemon. You have mawile that resists everything you are weak to anyway. Life orb is probably your best option on that set.

If you want to ditch T-Tar, I would suggest getting a fast special attacker, because you are quite weak in that department. Maybe a protean greninja, volcarona (big buzz ignores annoying subs), alakazam, gengar, etc...
Only problem is Salamence only gets Outrage from tutors, which we don't have this gen yet, which is why I'm not sure what to put in that slot.

Just letting you know, your listed team has a huge weakness to Fighting types. Salamence is good too for Fighting coverage, but also watch for later matches against legendaries and Lati@s. I'd recommend having your last member something that can deal with them if MMawile doesn't get them first, as a failsafe.
Yeah, that's part of the reason I'm iffy about TTar and swapping Hydreigon--the fighting (and even bug) weaknesses have been a bit of a liability.

So if I want a fast special attacker that can deal with Lati@s (and other legends), Volcarona is sounding like my best bet? I'll probably swap for Mence and see how I do before I swap TTar first, though.

Right now I'm putting together an EV'd team for the battle maison. I'm plainning to use Mega Kangaskhan (Parental bond hitting through sturdy + sash is really nice), Magician Delphox with Fire Gem to get rid of Quick claw/brightpowder/king's rock/focus band BS (I got a magician Braixen that was modest purely by chance; yay!) and something else that's not Aegislash because it's so cliche. Any thoughts on who the third member should be?

EDIT: I tend to get REALLY lucky with natures. I got an Adamant kangaskhan and a modest magican Braixen on my first try, plus a jolly Gible in Platinum on my first try. Which is probably why the RNG makes up for my luck in battle with confusion BS.

Right now I'm putting together an EV'd team for the battle maison. I'm plainning to use Mega Kangaskhan (Parental bond hitting through sturdy + sash is really nice), Magician Delphox with Fire Gem to get rid of Quick claw/brightpowder/king's rock/focus band BS (I got a magician Braixen that was modest purely by chance; yay!) and something else that's not Aegislash because it's so cliche. Any thoughts on who the third member should be?

EDIT: I tend to get REALLY lucky with natures. I got an Adamant kangaskhan and a modest magican Braixen on my first try, plus a jolly Gible in Platinum on my first try. Which is probably why the RNG makes up for my luck in battle with confusion BS.
Well, that'll depend on the sets of each 'mon. What've you got on them?

I'm about ready to replace my Delphox; having two Ground-weak Pokemon seems to me to be a recipe for failure before I even get to Round 50. Losing to Bastiodon of all things is just insulting. I'm thinking of putting a Togekiss on my team as a bulky special attacker, but I'm not sure how it will fare against the Kami trio at Wave 50. I'm just getting luck-screwed right when I'm about to get there; I'm really getting sick of it.

Well, that'll depend on the sets of each 'mon. What've you got on them?
Right now:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant nature
Ability: Scrappy (Before MEvo), Parental Bond (After MEvo)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Return
Fake Out (Thinking of replacing)
Earthquake
Power-up Punch

Basically, the strategy is to abuse Parental Bond to set up +2 attack with Power-up punch, then do as much damage as possible before fainting with Return and Earthquake.

I haven't started training up Delphox yet, but here's my expected set:

Delphox @ Fire gem (If I can find one)
Modest nature
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Flamethrower/Fire blast
Psychic/Psyshock
Grass Knot
Filler move?

And basically use Flamethrower to activate the gem and swipe the opponent's item.

ALSO GAH I FORGOT TO SAVE AND THEN MY 3DS DECIDED THAT THE GAME CARD WAS REMOVED SO I LOST MY MODEST MAGICIAN BRAIXEN
I'll have to wait until the guy who gave me the friend safari comes on again so I can get magician braixens...

Edit: OK, got another modest magician Braixen (Used a synchronizer this time) and saved. I'm currently super training it. And since apparently elemental gems other than normal are completely unobtainable I may have to use something else as a held item, or use a normal-type move.

Last edited:
Kangaskhan should always run Jolly because it's too slow to outspeed a lot of threats. Also you might want to pair it up with something that can take Fighting type moves without much HP loss, like either a physical tank or a Ghost.

Just beat the Châtelaine in Super Singles for the first time. Here's my team:
- Lum Berry
Timid nature, Compoundeyes
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Sticky Web
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

Sets up Sticky Web and deals a good number to opponents if it lives thereafter. I didn't have Sash at the time, but Lum Berry is a suitable replacement, and I almost lost because of a Luxray who froze Galv with Ice Fang. Energy Ball because its Hidden Power type is meh.

->
- Kangaskhanite
Jolly nature, Scrappy -> Parental Bond
- Return
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Power-up Punch
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

After Sticky Web, this monster outspeeds everything that doesn't fly. For anything that outspeeds it, that's why I have Sucker Punch. Things that Galv fails to finish (and that Kanga outspeeds), Kanga can get a +1 or maybe a +2 for free. I debated what coverage move I should get, but I ultimately went with Rock Slide so that it doesn't get walled by Gengar or any of the other airborne Ghosts. (Yeah, Sucker Punch is there, but what if they don't attack?) It also has a 51% chance (if I calculated it right) to cause flinching, which is quite useful.

- Choice Scarf
Modest nature, Blaze
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Switcheroo
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

Modest nature because it's the event one from Shauna. I use it to either clean up after Kanga or to provide an opening for Kanga to Power-up Punch for the finish and sweep. I don't use Switcheroo all that often; I only have it just in case. Plus, its Hidden Power is meh.

The Châtelaine put up quite the fight, though. She led with Scarf Lando and I stupidly lost Delphox because of that (I should've known because it outsped Galv), but Kanga lived an Earth Power, got up to +2 with Power-up Punch, and swept with Sucker Punch. When Thundurus ate its Sitrus Berry, I was scared, but it actually ended up not surviving.

Will I go on or not? Heck, I don't know. Probably not.

Pretty sure the elemental gems bar normal are unobtainable--at least until Pokebank comes out. It's a shame Delphox can't learn Fling.

Right now:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant nature
Ability: Scrappy (Before MEvo), Parental Bond (After MEvo)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Return
Fake Out (Thinking of replacing)
Earthquake
Power-up Punch

Basically, the strategy is to abuse Parental Bond to set up +2 attack with Power-up punch, then do as much damage as possible before fainting with Return and Earthquake.

I haven't started training up Delphox yet, but here's my expected set:

Delphox @ Fire gem (If I can find one)
Modest nature
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Flamethrower/Fire blast
Psychic/Psyshock
Grass Knot
Filler move?

And basically use Flamethrower to activate the gem and swipe the opponent's item.

ALSO GAH I FORGOT TO SAVE AND THEN MY 3DS DECIDED THAT THE GAME CARD WAS REMOVED SO I LOST MY MODEST MAGICIAN BRAIXEN
I'll have to wait until the guy who gave me the friend safari comes on again so I can get magician braixens...
You can get hidden abilities even if they aren't online. I've gotten them while my WiFi was turned off.

Just got Quick Claw haxxed for a loss by a Druddigon for the first time. These are the times I wish there was the ability to reach through my 3DS screen and backhand the trainer.

so here's a fun triples team i want to try out.

greninja @ choice scarf
protean
-round
-filler

gardevoir @ mega stone
-round
-filler

aurorus @ choice specs
-round
-filler

the way round works is whoever uses it second and third get priority and each sequential use doubles in power (up to 240). so greninja goes first at 90 power (60 + STAB), will probably out-speed everything in the battle masion, then gardevoir goes second at 240 power (120 + pixliate boost + STAB) and aurorus third at 480 power (240 + refrigerate boost + STAB). The only things that will stop this are priority/things faster than greninja (but that shouldn't be much) or round + refrigerate/pixilate not working like I assume they will

Just fought a Mr Mime with a Babiri Berry. I'm guessing that wasn't what that had last gen. Didn't see what moves it had, lol.
I've been using this, not yet at the Super Chatelaine though, but it's working pretty well:
Barbaracle@ Focus Sash
Tough Claws
6HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
Shell Smash
Rock Slide
Razor Shell
X-Scissor

With a fairly standard Aegislash and Mega-Gardevoir.

Seems to sweep quite well. I misplay often, but all my Pokemon are pretty solid, so I'm doing okay.
Might switch Gardy for a Hydreigon or something so Ground types don't hurt my team so much. I'm still tweaking my team, and would probably be helped a lot if I bothered to make strategies for certain opponents.

EDIT: Lost at 46 to Drifblim because Rock Slide missed. Seems like my team actually has problems with Drifblim... another reason to switch to Hydreigon probably. I hate how all the decent Rock moves have terrible accuracy.

Last edited:
Just got my 50 streak in Super Singles after 3 tries. I was using:

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Adamant
Speed Boost
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Protect
Sword's Dance
Hi Jump Kick
Flare Blitz

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Timid
Protean
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Dark Pulse
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Adamant
Stance Change
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
King's Shield
Sword's Dance
Iron Head
Shadow Sneak

First time I lost at 41 and second time at 47. My team has a hard time dealing with Earthquake and ground moves in general. Blaziken is pretty fragile and when Hi Jump Kick misses or they Protect, he is most definitely going down. I hardly used Sword's Dance on him because it was too much of a liability. Baton Pass is probably a better choice if I use the same team in the future.

Greninja can hardly take a neutral hit too. About the only time I switched him in was on bulky water leads or after Blaziken fainted. He pretty much one-shot anything he could get super-effective hits on. Difficulties were Slowking, Reinculus, and Cresselia. There is a Cresselia with Leftovers running Toxic, Double Team, and Protect (never used a 4th) that I thought Dark Pulse would take care of, but barely did 50%; of course Aegislash walled that thing handily and could setup on it. I ran Surf instead of Hydro Pump for consistency due to it missing at critical points in my first run. I think consistency is better than raw power in the Battle Maison. I ran Grass Knot because this particular Greninja's Hidden Power was Dark, which was pretty useless.

Aegislash was generally pretty great against everything except strong Ground types. I ran Iron Head to deal with Fairies, as Blaziken already had Fighting covered. If I didn't think Blaziken or Greninja could survive against a pokemon, I would just switch to Aegislash, alternating King's Shield and Sword's Dance to setup. Sweeping with Shadow Sneak was pretty effective overall.

I almost lost in against the Battle Chatelaine because I scouted with Protect against Landorus and saw it was using Earth Power. I tried to Flare Blitz as a last stand with Blaziken (as he is pretty terrible against the Chatelaine) but Landorus was still faster after a Speed Boost, which I'm pretty sure meant it had a Choice Scarf. I switched to Greninja thinking I could barely outspeed it (I didn't run any calculations) but it was still faster. Luckily, Greninja survived an Earth Power with 3 HP, and Ice Beam OHKO her entire team.

Another interesting battle was against a lead Moltres with Power Herb running Sky Attack, Fire Blast, Aerial Ace, and Flame Charge. It was the first I had seen it, so I had no idea what it was running, and I switched to Greninja turn one instead of Protect scouting, thinking it would probably use some sort of Flying attack on Blaziken. Well, it used a single turn Sky Attack thanks to Power Herb and OHKO'd Greninja. I knew it had to have had a Fire move, so I wasn't sure what to do. I switched to Aegislash and used King's Shield. Sure enough, it used Fire Blast. At this point my only choice was to switch back and forth between Aegislash and Blaziken; Blaziken absorbed the Fire Blasts then Moltres would start a Sky Attack, and I would then switch back to Aegislash to absorb the Sky Attack. Use King's Shield to waste a PP, then repeat. I did this until Moltres was out of PP on those two moves, then finally I could setup on it with Aegislash by reducing its attack with King's Shield.

I'm thinking for further runs I may switch to Mega Mawile and either Hydreigon or Dragonite, and keeping Greninja for full coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)