Battle of the Week: UU Edition! (Resumes after SPL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably better off picking someone else, because I'm currently dealing with rl shit and I'll end up half-assing this. Unless you want to postpone it,,,

sry

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Beat Sam 2-0, GGs!

Game 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-303907515

I brought a Trick Room HO team that I think is a ton of fun, with offensive Mega-Lix, four attacks LO Crawdaunt and Spexploud as its main sweepers. Sam brought an interesting bulky offense team with Specs Gardevoir, Mega-Sceptile and Dugtrio. I ended up underestimating how hard his Specs Gardevoir would hit and had to pivot around a bit before getting Trick Room up, and had to shift to the defensive early on, but once his Snorlax was out of the way I was able to set up a sweep with Cress -> Exploud. I was a bit worried about his Mandibuzz, which could tank a Boomburst depending on spread, but luckily it wasn't an issue. Came down to basically the last 'mon, but Exploud carried it home in the end. (I still had Mega-Lix, but after rocks it would be in range of an Earthquake barring no low roll.)

Game 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-303911087

I brought a semi-stall team with a backbone of Chesnaught/Sableye/Tentacruel, and CM Florges/NP Houndoom on the offensive side of things. Sam had another bulky offense with some really cool threats like Specs Zapdos and Custap Snorlax with Curse/Selfdestruct. Once he Volt Switched on my Sableye first turn and revealed he was Specs I saw how weak his team was to T-Spikes, so my goal became to get T-Spikes down, scout out his Snorlax set and wear his team down with hazards. I got a little scared early on when I missed Willo on his Swords Dance Crawdaunt, but I decided to go for it and just bring in Tentacruel to get T-Spikes down and break any potential Focus Sash, since I had Chesnaught in the back as insurance. Of course with no Tentacruel I had no easy Florges switch-in, and had to sack my Cobalion to get some damage off on it. (It didn't look like it was going to do that much work with a Swampert, Metagross and Zapdos on his side of the field.) Anyhow, we went back and forth a bit with NP Doom finishing Florges and Snorlax chasing me back out. Since he had revealed EQ (and still no item) on his lax I decided to stay in with Florges and wear it down or force it to rest, figuring it was something like CB or Curse + ChestoRest. He got me with a Custap Explosion, but with an evolved Houndoom + Chesnaught, I was able to take out his last three 'mons.

(EDIT: Oh, and I forgot the EVs on my Tentacruel :( No wonder that Crabhammer managed to KO.)

Very fun series, with both games pretty much coming down to the wire!

Last edited:
Congrats to Hogg for winning week 6 of BOTW!
Week 7 has begun! Nominate 3 users you want to see battle the most. Refer to the OP to see who not to vote for.

My noms: Pak / xMarth / FLCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)