Battle Spot Pokemon Skeleton Reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gen 7 Battle Spot Analysis Reservations!

Welcome! Here, we reserve analyses that will be worked upon for the Battle Spot metagames. Analyses can be a bit tricky to get into if you're new to them, so before you get too excited, make sure you read these threads!

Welcome to C&C: This thread will give you a good idea on how the C&C process works. It may seem complicated, but its a well oiled machine that gets results!

Spelling and Grammar Standards: If you get used to this, you will make the lives of our hardworking grammar checkers much easier!

Grammar-Prose Queue: Post your analysis here after it's gone through all the needed QC checks!

Simple Questions Thread: This is your place to be if you need some questions answered!

The special rule: Since Battle Spot is cart based and we don't get Pokebank for another month, all skeletons will assume the prebank metagame! However, be sure to mention how the post bank metagame may affect this Pokemon in the overview, since this may determine what people breed and trade for!

Reservation Rules (PLEASE READ THESE OVER)
  • Anyone is able to reserve up to two Pokemon at a time and a third may be reserved as well, but only until the skeletons reserved prior are quality control ready first. Badgeholders and QC members can reserve more if they wish.
  • For high priority Pokemon, you need mod approval before you can reserve them!
  • Pokemon that are in the high priority bracket are to be reserved first before Pokemon in the low priority bracket. Only low priority Pokemon can be reserved if you're not a badgeholder or if you have a high priority Pokemon already in progress. This is to ensure that the most important Pokemon in the metagame have their analyses on site as soon as possible. If you are a badgeholder you do not need approval for reserving Pokemon in the high priority bracket.
  • Once you figure out which Pokemon you want to reserve, post in this thread. Under the circumstances that the index isn't updated, be sure to pay attention to recent posts to see what's taken.
  • This should be common sense, but only reserve a Pokemon if you have a good amount of knowledge about it and experience with the metagame.
Analysis Thread Tags
When you post your thread, be sure to use the appropriate tags for each stage of the analysis:

[WIP] - Work in Progress: The skeleton is incomplete and is not ready for the QC Team to evaluate. Keep in mind that the longer your analysis stays in WIP stage, the greater the chance of it being reassigned. Please avoid making comments in these threads until they are ready unless it's something very important.

[Quality Control] - Quality Control Ready: In the thread title, include [QC 0/3]. The skeleton is complete in bullet point form and now needs to seek approval by the QC Team. Make sure you update the thread title with the number of QC checks you currently have.

[Copyediting] - Grammar-Prose Ready: In the set title, include [GP 0/1]. The three required QC approvals have been met. The Grammar-Prose team now takes over. When you are ready for a GP check, please post in the Grammar-Prose Queue with a link to your analysis.

[Done] - After the skeleton gets one GP stamp, the skeleton is ready for upload.

**Update your thread's tags and stamp number as you move along the process.

Reservation List
After reserving a Pokemon, you must post your skeleton in a timely fashion. Your skeleton thread must be up in 72 hours (3 days) or your reservation will be dropped. If you have any extenuating circumstances that prevent you from getting up your thread within this time frame, notify Theorymon, cant say, or Hulavuta . Pokemon skeletons will be categorized under the following headings:
  • Unreserved: The Pokemon has yet to be claimed by someone.
  • Reserved: The Pokemon is claimed by someone.
  • In Progress: The Pokemon's skeleton has been posted and is going through the process.
  • Completed: The Pokemon's skeleton is complete and is awaiting upload.
Cloyster
Garchomp
Gengar (Mega)
Magnezone
Pheromosa
Porygon2
Scizor (Mega)

Arcanine
Alakazam (Mega)
Azumarill
Hydreigon
Kartana
Kingdra
Mamoswine
PorygonZ
TapuFini

Bewear
Eevee
Incineroar
Kommo-o
Mudsdale

Tapu Lele - Hulavuta
Toxapex - GindarasonPillows
Xurkitree - dogknees
Primarina - Lionyx

Celesteela - NOVED
Tapu Koko - Theorymon
Marowak-A - Theorymon
Nihilego - 6tennis
Pelipper - mhykah
Salazzle - The Squash
Gyarados - Psynergy
Tapu Bulu - dogknees
Buzzwole - NOVED
Metagross (Mega) - dogknees
Salamence (Mega) - Solerme
Ninetales-A - Theorymon

Aegislash - Theorymon
Mimikyu - Theorymon

Last edited:
reservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilegoreservingnihilego

did i get it in time?
reservingnihilego

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well due to one of my finals being moved, I got Mimikyu done sooner than expected. I think I will move onto Tapu Koko next!

EDIT: I'm gonna be here for a while so I might as well take on Aegislash as well!

Last edited:

Theorymon

Now that Aegislash is done and I'm progressing rapidly on Tapu Koko, I'm gonna take on Marowak-A before I have to return to Final Exam Studyland!

Theorymon

Now that I'm free from exams and I have everything but Marowak-A fully written up, I think I will tackle Ninetales-A!

I'd be happy to help out if you need any more Pokemon to write analyses for, but don't want to presume that you need that. Some Pokemon I think would be deserving of an analysis for this gen's battlespot would be Sableye (Mega) and Pheromosa as examples. Let me know what you think, and go ahead and mark those as reserved for me if it's suitable.

Theorymon

Hi.
Theorymon I know it isn't in the list, but since you didn't clarify that Pokémon not listed above are not getting an analysis, can I do one for Pyukumuku?
It's probably best to stay away from mons that aren't listed for now. Pyukmuku in particular is a bit of a weird case: it's been showing up a lot on stall teams, which is a very specific playstyle. This may very well change post Pokebank too (notice how almost all the Pokemon up for reservations are ones that are likely to survive the Pokebank changes).

Last time we talked about Pyumuku, we decided it would be best to wait on it for a bit before we put it up for reservation.

It's probably best to stay away from mons that aren't listed for now. Pyukmuku in particular is a bit of a weird case: it's been showing up a lot on stall teams, which is a very specific playstyle. This may very well change post Pokebank too (notice how almost all the Pokemon up for reservations are ones that are likely to survive the Pokebank changes).

Last time we talked about Pyumuku, we decided it would be best to wait on it for a bit before we put it up for reservation.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad you guys are still considering it for later. Pyukumuku is the bulkiest Unaware Pokémon in the games, I think this is really one of It's best niches despite It's shortcomings.

Lionyx

bridal waltz
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'd like to reserve Primarina if that's possible, it is not listed but it appears as an A-rank in the Viability Rankings so I think its analysis could be made !

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
I would like to reserve Suicune for doubles. I know its not in the priority list, but I have used it to great success in the PS ladder for Battle Spot doubles. And thus believe it is of significant importance. Being able to OHKO Salamence, able to tank Kangaskhan hits, and a decent rain counter with access to Speed control and snarl, suicune finds itself in a niche in this metagame. Requesting permission to write this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)