Battle Spot Sample Teams

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Hulavuta
Stole the OP from my PU Sample Teams thread which was taken from some other peeps
Artwork by Ksnake789

MyVMm9q.png

Battle Spot Sample Teams

Teams to get into Battle Spot. Feel free to post your good teams, but keep in mind that I will be strict and will only add the teams that I believe are good enough to be sample teams. Don't forget to add descriptions of your team with at least one paragraph and an importable.

So to help people get into Battle Spot this is going to be like a repository of decent / good Battle Spot teams made by people who actually do play this game on a consistent basis. Some of the teams are better than others, and all of them will probably need some kind of work for it to be the best team it can be, but these teams are available for anyone to use if they are struggling making a team. I know we have the RMT section for this, but honestly most RMTs are just for showing off this is for actually helping people. What I want in this thread is good teams that you have been working on for a while and that you guys want to share with new players. This is not a thread to dump your teams as you build them.

Since Battle Spot is also primarily played on the 3DS, EnGarde has kindly offered to distribute any sample teams that you may be interested in using. Check out her thread [thread=engardes-dream-collection-battle-spot-battle-ready-distribution.3508592/]here[/thread].

ORAS Sample Teams:

Singles Teams

The Mainstream Squad - Angeela

Now the Loppuny set seems semi-odd. After testing it in some battles though, I found it to work the best. Substitute helps me avoid any status incoming like will-o-wisp via those occasional Rotoms or just the dreaded Ferrothorn which happens to occasionally this team no matter what 3 you bring. Nothing can really stop this thing except talonflame if sub is down. Return is the obvious move which I shan't go over due to it being self explanatory . The Evs being to outspeed certain things while keeping enough HP for sub and to take at least some hits.(It was a darn pain to ev train a lopunny w/ these evs) Ah aegislash. He was added to my love for aegi on battlespot and his ability to stop any fighting type/flying type that threatened lopunny. If you see a talonflame, you might wanna bring this or breloom since they're the only ones semi capable of killing it without much damage done. Flash Cannon was a hard one to choose over Sacred Sword but I guess that is up to you. EVs meant to take hits, 16 attack for shadow sneak . Weakness Policy because dam can this thing take hits or at least barely survive some enough to retaliate back with something. Breloom is a life saver but since rock tomb can miss its also a death causer. Spore is enough to hax you to victory; other than the usual breloom set you see everywhere in battlespot, nothing to say other than if the other team can destroy aegislash, and they have a t-flame bring this. This also doesn't have to be your lead 24/7 especially if you can pretty much anticipate what they will lead with. Salamance is more than broken than when it came out. Nearly nothing can stop besides an aegi. This set was aim's set that I honestly can't get enough out of how good it is despite this not being ou. With the ev spread given it can practically wall rotom and other special attackers like mega Manectric because it can take an average of one HP ice enough to kill Mega Man afterwards if it has been weakened or you have a sub set up prior to it coming. Kind of tossed back on because I wanted another mega. Greninja just gets better and better. If you see a fairy you can't deal with and need something fast? Bring this. With its ability to outspeed a mega salamence before mega evolution and being to generally outspeed most non scarfed-non mega pokemon it's just something you add. Fairies like Azumarill get OHKO'd by this with 40 attack evs. Talonflame is life. Need Priority? Need something to late game kill anything because you can out speed it? Bring Talonflame! While talonflame has failed me a couple of times, it is worth bringing it and non the less has saved me a lot of times against Mega-Salamence. I just needed something as a priority user so I put this on here.
Lolita (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Metallica (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 236 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Hulavuta (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Table Jet (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 56 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Roost

Properly Trained (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

Maverick (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Last edited:

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
XY Sample Teams:

Singles Teams

Mega Kanga & Friends - Montsegur
will put one in soon
Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Body Slam

Greninja @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Breloom @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

Offense - Ksnake789
This team is a bulky offensive team and can do its job very well especially against most hard hitting threats such as Talonflame and Mega-Kangaskhan. The main points of this team is to stop physical threats and deal as much damage as possible. Leading with Talonflame, Kangaskhan or Breloom are nice to get your opponent to switch, get one of their pokemon put to sleep or get dealt massive damage. This team isn't 'perfect' but it does do very nice against these big threats.
Zapdos is a complete counter to Talonflame if left at the right amount of HP. Taking Flare Blitzes and Brave Birds from it, also taking rocky helmet damage, you being able to roost the damage off and on top of that being able to discharge defeating it (if not then at least get a para, but rare chances that it will not kill). It carries Heat Wave for steel types that it cannot touch. And finally HP Ice for them pesky Garchomps, without HP Ice Zapdos cannot touch Garchomp. This is a pretty common set. Focus Sash helps it very well as Stealth Rock is not a common thing and so isn't spikes and you're guaranteed a Spore if its Focus Sash is still intact. Bullet Seed is a good move as it gets Technician boost and can hit 2-5 times. Rock Tomb is also a very good move you can Ohko most pokemons with Rock Tomb such as Talonflame (Focus Sash intact), it lowers the speed of a pokemon and it gets Technician boost. Mach Punch is there for priority and can hit stuff with nice damage. Now Talonflame is very strong and common. It pretty much wrecks most pokemon and can be use diversely. I find Choice Banded more useful but you may prefer SD, Will-o etc. Brave Bird is a strong priority (Gale Wings) for Talonflame. Pretty much every single Talonflame has Brave Bird. Aerial Ace is there just for coverage, but it's very good. You may be wondering why i'm not running Acrobatics? Aerial Ace does 10 more power (including STAB) and hits every single time so no more of that silly Minimize. Flare Blitz is also like Brave Bird, very common and hits very hard. U-Turn is more for coverage and it lets you get free damage if they switch and you predict correctly. It can be used to hit Tyranitars for good damage as well. Azumarill is there to take at least one hit and set up Belly Drum, with Sitrus Berry this is possible and can be very possible. Aqua Jet is there for a good priority STAB and can damage a lot of fast threats. Waterfall is there as a good STAB coverage. Play Rough is there as another good STAB. There's not much i can really say with Azumarill, that it sets up and destroys teams. Mega-Kangaskhan is very very good. It has a decent-good move poll and can hit very very hard with its ability. Fake out is there to get chip damage and for priority. Return is for a very hard hitting STAB move. Now, i run Drain Punch over Power-up Punch as Kangaskhan doesn't get good reliable recovery and i don't think it needs much more attack. Sucker Punch is for a good priority move and hits Ghost types very nicely. I like to run 36 Speed EVs because it out speeds max HP and Attack. Max HP and max Speed Kangaskhans don't usually kill this Kangaskhan and you can revenge kill it. Aegislash is a VERY strong, defensive and reliable pokemon to use. It is a good pair with Kangaskhan as their weaknesses cancel out eachother. Weakness Policy is used for when you take a hit in Shield form (which you most likely will) you will get +2 Attack and +2 Sp.Attack and revenge will whatever attacks it. King's Shield is the most common move you will find on Aegislash as you can change from Offense to Defense in a matter of seconds. Shadow Sneak is a good priority move. Sacred Sword hits Normal types that Shadow Sneak doesn't. And Shadow Ball is a strong move to use on Aegislash as it hits defensive walls nicely. I run 0 IVs in speed as it gets hit in Shield Form then hits for pure damage in Blade Form.
Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Knuckles (Breloom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Aerial Ace
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Azumarill (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Aegislash (M) @ Weakness Policy
Relaxed Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball

No M-Kanga lol - Feliburn
Manectric
Manectric has an amazing coverage, it gets intimidate + an amazing boosted speed when mega, hp ice checks a lot of common threats like Garchomp, Lando, Salamence, etc, tbolt is for the powerful STAB attack, Overheat/flamethrower is good for common steel and/or grass types (like ferro rofl), then volt switch for a safe switch thanks to its amazing speed, to sum it all, Manectric is bae.
Talonflame
The must-have team member, hits hard + priority, the fact that this is being used in the singles metagame makes Talon pretty good, nothing to help opponent's pokemon when 1v1 vs a talonflame, banded Brave Bird is sure to OHKO/Deal a huge ammount of damage to most pokemon.
Ferrothorn
My wall, perfect for physical pokemon who might deal a good ammount of damage to manectric (and any other pokemon), able to deal damage without attacking, thanks to the slow speed, gyro ball does a good job versus fast pokemon.
Greninja
My fast special attacker, Protean gives STAB to every move this pokemon uses, running HP Fire due to some ferrothorn giving it trouble, Dark Pulse used for that nice flinch probability, Ice beam for common dragon types, Hydro Pump used as the strongest move for pokemon who don't resist it, works surprisingly good.
Garchomp
The scarfed beast, hits hard enough and has enough bulk to live a banded brave bird for talon, fire blast is in the same situation as HP fire with greninja, ferrothorn.
Lucario
Finally, my second mega pokemon, just in case manectric might have trouble with some teams, with just 1 SD it can OHKO a lot of things, even pokemon that resist it, ice punch just in case some non-scarfed lando appears.
As you can see it's a really offensive team but it works just fine, just need to know how to use it.
Lucario-Mega (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

The Thief - ethan06
Landorus is an all-purpose bulky pivot and attacker that I use to beat Pokémon like Aegislash, Heatran, Blaziken and Zapdos with it's two main attacks whilst also removing Leftovers and softening up irritating Eviolite abusers like Porygon2, Chansey and Doublade with Knock Off. You'll find yourself bringing this to most games. Superpower can be used in one of the last two slots to surprise Kangaskhan and Porygon2. Rotom-H is this team's dedicated stop to Talonflame. It also gets value against other Flying-types (chiefly Mega Pinsir), Mega Manectric, Mega Mawile and Porygon2 by virtue of it's unique typing and ability. Will-o-Wisp is an incredibly useful move for getting around physical attackers like Garchomp and opposing Landorus in a pinch. You can beat some Water-types with this Pokémon but you need to know your speed tiers and be wary of surprise Scarf users. Hidden Power [Ice] is worth noting as Rotom-H is capable of going toe-to-toe with Pokémon such as Salamence, Zapdos and Hydreigon if it needs to. The team's mega is Alakazam. This Pokémon is a common lead and does well against many widely used Pokémon such as Blaziken, Gengar, non-Sucker Punch Kangaskhan, non-Scarfed Garchomp and Landorus and Heatran thanks to it's ability and it's fantastic speed tier. Taunt enables it to beat Prankster mons after Tracing their ability and Focus Blast beats Steel-types not named Aegislash if it hits. Other coverage options include Energy Ball for Rotom-W and Shadow Ball for picking off weakened Aegislash and Cresselia, but Alakazam's fourth moveslot is very tightly contested so these moves aren't recommended. Play Alakazam carefully; while it can and will surprise you by taking some hits but it's certainly not a tank so keep a damage calculator handy. Roserade's job is to act as a Spore and Leech Seed sponge and counter dangerous threats to the team such as Azumarill, Breloom, Rotom-W, Suicune and Whimsicott while also sleeping random things and surprising Ferrothorn and Scizor with HP [Fire]. With a Life Orb it can hit impressively hard on frailer attackers and I can use it to wear down random sponges thanks to Giga Drain's recovery and Sludge Bomb's nifty poison chance. It's very scared of Talonflame though so it doesn't see use all the time. Kangaskhan answer and secondary Fairy check is Ageislash. Finds plenty of setup opportunities with it's Air Balloon and proceeds to punch holes. Can be difficult to play with thanks to the fragility of the Air Balloon; however, Kangaskhan and choiced Earthquake spammers are not difficult to come across in the Battle Spot so it justifies it's spot nicely. I don't bring it often though.Azumarill covers everything that I haven't already covered. Switches in on things, takes hits, laughs at status, smacks things back, and makes a nice little FWG core with Rotom and Roserade. It also holds the only priority on this team, so I bring it often to help with picking off Focus Sashes (looking at you, Cloyster) and fast, frail Pokémon like Thundurus. Azumarill also acts as somewhat of a panic button for Blaziken if Alakazam can't do the job for some reason.​
Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Azumarill @ Lum Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Doubles Teams

Shark7 - Kortex
Modifications to party members, items, move sets, and EV spreads have been made to accommodate newer players and to withhold personal anti-metagame builds from the general public.
SHARK 7

S
ylveon
Heatran
Amoonguss
Rotom-W
Kangaskhan
7andorus

Sylveon is great in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame because it packs an incredibly powerful spread move in Hyper Voice. Sylveon's ability Pixilate multiplies the power of Hyper Voice by 1.3 and changes the type of the move from Normal to Fairy. Factor in a boost from Life Orb and you have one immensely strong spread move with fantastic coverage. Psyshock enables Sylveon to OHKO most Mega Gengar and do significant damage to Amoonguss. Hidden Power Ground was chosen as the last move in order to OHKO Heatran and 2HKO Mega Mawile. Heatran's unique typing and ability allow it to act as a counter to many commonly used Pokemon while maintaining a strong offensive presence. Flash Fire lets Heatran completely wall almost all of the popular Fire-type Pokemon and improves my team's match-up against Sun teams utilizing Mega Charizard Y. Heat Wave provides powerful STAB spread damage. Earth Power provides the coverage necessary to hit opposing Heatran, Mega Gengar, Mega Manectric, Tyranitar, Chandelure, and Entei. Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Out and Amoonguss's Rage Powder often allow Heatran to set up a Substitute to protect it from status and buy free turns. Once Heatran is behind a Substitute and its counters have been eliminated, Heatran can act as a win condition by constantly wearing the opponent down while recovering HP with Leftovers. Amoonguss is important to my team for several reasons. First, its high defensive bulk combined with Rocky Helmet punish the physical attackers that dominate the Battle Spot Doubles metagame. I will often predict a Fake Out from opposing Mega Kangaskhan and switch in Amoonguss to inflict important chip damage on it. Amoonguss also greatly improves my team's match-up against Trick Room teams. Its slow speed under Trick Room allows it to abuse Spore and put the opponent's entire team to sleep. Amoonguss functions well outside of Trick Room as well. Rage Powder redirects single-target attacks to itself to keep its partners safe. It also supports the team by putting dangerous threats to sleep with Spore while Amoonguss's partner safely uses Protect. In addition, the ability Regenerator allows Amoonguss to switch out and regain 1/3 of its total max HP upon switching in again to support the team for even longer. Rotom-W has fantastic defensive typing and counters many popular threats like Landorus-T, Heatran, Talonflame, Politoed, and Mamoswine. Along with Amoonguss, it aids my team in dealing with opposing Rain teams and Water-type Pokemon in general. Additionally, Rotom can neuter physical attackers by burning them with Will-O-Wisp. Rotom's incredible bulk, in combination with a Sitrus Berry, allows it to remain on the battlefield for an extensive period time. Kangaskhan is the most powerful Pokemon in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame and the most important member of my team. With Parental Bond and wide coverage, it is able to easily OHKO or 2HKO most of the metagame. Before Mega-Evolving, Scrappy enables Kangaskhan to Fake Out Ghost-type Pokemon and prevent them from using Trick Room on the first turn. While most others use Power-Up-Punch and Sucker Punch, this Kangaskhan is equipped with the moves Low Kick and Ice Punch. Low Kick provides immediate power to OHKO opposing Mega Kangaskhan, Heatran, Tyranitar, Bisharp, Hydregion, Excadrill, Mamoswine, and Abomasnow. Ice Punch allows Kangaskhan to immediately OHKO dangerous threats like Landorus-T, Thundurus, Garchomp, Zapdos, Breloom, Latios and Salamence. Landorus's Intimidate allows it to hinder physical attackers such as Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Mawile, Talonflame, and opposing Landorus-T. With its massive Base Attack and a Choice Scarf, Landorus-T is able to dish out quick damage with its powerful spread moves. Earthquake and Rock Slide check common Pokemon like Mega Mawile, Heatran, Aegislash, Tyranitar, Terrakion, Mega Charizard Y, Thundurus, Talonflame, and Togekiss. U-turn is great for scouting and maintaining momentum. Superpower allows Landorus-T to OHKO threats like Mega Kangaskhan, Hyreigon, Mamoswine, and Greninja.
Super Bass (Sylveon) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Hot (BAN ME PLEASE) (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 148 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

1-Up (Amoonguss) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 148 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Rotom-Rekt (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 60 SpA / 132 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Buy1Get1 50%Off (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Low Kick
- Ice Punc

Such Doge Wow (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Bulk OP - Feliburn
Tyranitar
This thing is a damn tank, being able to resist huge special attacks thanks to sandstorm, used Chople Berry due to the big ammount of fighting type attacks used in the meta, also being able to hit hard.
Salamence
Scarfed Salamence is able to get a good attack drop for everyone in the opponent's party thanks to intimidate, fire blast for scizor/ferro, hydro pump for rock/ground type pokemon and two powerful STAB attacks.
Talonflame
Talonflame is a must-be in every team I have, priority band + nice speed is damn awesome, STAB Flare Blits for common steel types, Giga Impact is just a filler move that may help you in some weird cases.
Rotom-Wash
Our little WoW user, able to tank attacks and setting Will-o-Wisp or Light Screen, a pretty good pokemon and hits prety good with two STAB attacks.
Cresselia
Cress is a nightmare for most teams, both defenses and HP are damn good, helping hand works amazingly with Kanga/TTar/Mence/TFlame if you want to defeat certain pokemon, TWave is to slow down fast threats, Ice Beam is for the common Dragon Types and Psychic is just a good STAB attack.
Kangaskhan
Another must-have pokemon, able to Flinch set up pokemon/break shashes on the first turn and then hitting hard with Return, sucker punch is for fast pokemon that are sure to attack, drain punch is a nice recovery move, not much to say about this beast.
Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Protect
- Ice Punch

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Giga Impact

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpA / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Light Screen

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 100 Def / 28 SpA / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Helping Hand
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

Triples Teams

Sylveon + Charizard Offense - NOVED
This is a really offensive triples team. It's really simple and easy to use so even if you're new to triples you can figure out how to use it well fairly quickly. The basic strategy is just hit hard as much as possible and use hitmontop for feint & wide guard support.

Sylveon and Zard-Y are the two heavy hitters of the teams. Sylveon's Hyper Voice hits a lot of things hard and Zard-Y's Sun boosted Heat Wave hits a lot of the steels that Sylveon can't hurt. So the two work really well together and they also have teammates(Lando & Hydreigon) that deal with things that give them both trouble like Heatran and some fire types. Hitmontop holds the team together with it's support, Wide Guard and feint are really necessary and you need to use those moves wisely to win. Hydreigon is a nuke button with Draco, and has really useful coverage that can deal with a lot of annoying pokemon like Heatran, Kan, Aegi, and most Trick Room setters. Lando-T is usually a really great win condition and can pressure a lot of teams, intimidate helps deal with some big threats as well like Talonflame, Kan and any other physical attackers. Aegislash has a great typing for switching in safely, as it resists a lot of the team's weaknesses. It also hits really hard and is another back up wide guard user which is really useful.

This team has a lot of mons that hit hard with spread moves. This is really good for taking out teams quickly but you need to play around Wide Guard well. You want to play as smart as possible with Hitmontop, make sure you're always using feint when you need to.
Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 208 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Quick Attack
- Light Screen
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 76 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 68 HP / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Eject Button
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 80 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Feint

Aegislash @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 156 SpA / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Insert Name Here - Feliburn
Talonflame
Same as always, priority plus band equals power, u-turn is for momenum when Scarfed Rock/Ground type pokemon appear, also a huge threat for Wide Guard users.
Thundurus
Our little thundy here is able to paralyze pokemon with priority thanks to prankster, able to taunt wide/quick guard users, sometimes forcing switches, swagger is an OP move for both special and physical attackers, tbolt is just a STAB attack.
Cresselia
The same ragequit nightmare as always, amazing defenses, dang OP HP, this time we are using Psyshock because hitmontop is more common due to Intimidate + Wide Guard.
Landorus-Therian
The MVP of the team, being able to use spread moves like EQ and Rock Slide, plus the fact that it has Intimidate, probably the best ability in Doubles/Triples, scarfed u-turn is to escape dangerous moments.
Aegislash
Aegislash is also a good pokemon, it's able to live any EQ (even landorus therian's) and activate Weakness Policy to hit hard, priority to sure kill some pokemon and 2 STAB special moves.
Kangaskhan
I swear Kanga is good in any meta lol, this time we run Power-Up Punch just to get some good attack rises and the start spamming Sucker Punch/Return and destroy teams, Fake Out is to break sashes AND possible Wide Guard users who try to avoid Lando's EQ.
Kangaskhan (Kangaskhan-Mega) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 196 SpA / 20 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 212 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Swagger
- Taunt

Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Last edited:

Ares

Reserved cause wordcount, you may post now. You can post teams for any of the listed tiers, if one is empty and you have a good team please post.

Kortex

Banned deucer.
SHARK 7

Battle Spot Doubles
Showdown Peak: #1
Global Link Peak: USA #1

Sylveon
Heatran
Amoonguss
Rotom-W
Kangaskhan
7andorus

Showdown Peak: #1
Global Link Peak: USA #1

Modifications to party members, items, move sets, and EV spreads have been made to accommodate newer players and to withhold personal anti-metagame builds from the general public.

SHARK 7

Sylveon
Heatran
Amoonguss
Rotom-W
Kangaskhan
7andorus

Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Sylveon is great in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame because it packs an incredibly powerful spread move in Hyper Voice. Sylveon's ability Pixilate multiplies the power of Hyper Voice by 1.3 and changes the type of the move from Normal to Fairy. Factor in a boost from Life Orb and you have one immensely strong spread move with fantastic coverage. Psyshock enables Sylveon to OHKO most Mega Gengar and do significant damage to Amoonguss. Hidden Power Ground was chosen as the last move in order to OHKO Heatran and 2HKO Mega Mawile.

Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Heatran's unique typing and ability allow it to act as a counter to many commonly used Pokemon while maintaining a strong offensive presence. Flash Fire lets Heatran completely wall almost all of the popular Fire-type Pokemon and improves my team's match-up against Sun teams utilizing Mega Charizard Y. Heat Wave provides powerful STAB spread damage. Earth Power provides the coverage necessary to hit opposing Heatran, Mega Gengar, Mega Manectric, Tyranitar, Chandelure, and Entei. Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Out and Amoonguss's Rage Powder often allow Heatran to set up a Substitute to protect it from status and buy free turns. Once Heatran is behind a Substitute and its counters have been eliminated, Heatran can act as a win condition by constantly wearing the opponent down while recovering HP with Leftovers.

Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Amoonguss is important to my team for several reasons. First, its high defensive bulk combined with Rocky Helmet punish the physical attackers that dominate the Battle Spot Doubles metagame. I will often predict a Fake Out from opposing Mega Kangaskhan and switch in Amoonguss to inflict important chip damage on it. Amoonguss also greatly improves my team's match-up against Trick Room teams. Its slow speed under Trick Room allows it to abuse Spore and put the opponent's entire team to sleep. Amoonguss functions well outside of Trick Room as well. Rage Powder redirects single-target attacks to itself to keep its partners safe. It also supports the team by putting dangerous threats to sleep with Spore while Amoonguss's partner safely uses Protect. In addition, the ability Regenerator allows Amoonguss to switch out and regain 1/3 of its total max HP upon switching in again to support the team for even longer.

Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Rotom-W has fantastic defensive typing and counters many popular threats like Landorus-T, Heatran, Talonflame, Politoed, and Mamoswine. Along with Amoonguss, it aids my team in dealing with opposing Rain teams and Water-type Pokemon in general. Additionally, Rotom can neuter physical attackers by burning them with Will-O-Wisp. Rotom's incredible bulk, in combination with a Sitrus Berry, allows it to remain on the battlefield for an extensive period time.

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Kangaskhan is the most powerful Pokemon in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame and the most important member of my team. With Parental Bond and wide coverage, it is able to easily OHKO or 2HKO most of the metagame. Before Mega-Evolving, Scrappy enables Kangaskhan to Fake Out Ghost-type Pokemon and prevent them from using Trick Room on the first turn. While most others use Power-Up-Punch and Sucker Punch, this Kangaskhan is equipped with the moves Low Kick and Ice Punch. Low Kick provides immediate power to OHKO opposing Mega Kangaskhan, Heatran, Tyranitar, Bisharp, Hydregion, Excadrill, Mamoswine, and Abomasnow. Ice Punch allows Kangaskhan to immediately OHKO dangerous threats like Landorus-T, Thundurus, Garchomp, Zapdos, Breloom, Latios and Salamence.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Landorus's Intimidate allows it to hinder physical attackers such as Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Mawile, Talonflame, and opposing Landorus-T. With its massive Base Attack and a Choice Scarf, Landorus-T is able to dish out quick damage with its powerful spread moves. Earthquake and Rock Slide check common Pokemon like Mega Mawile, Heatran, Aegislash, Tyranitar, Terrakion, Mega Charizard Y, Thundurus, Talonflame, and Togekiss. U-turn is great for scouting and maintaining momentum. Superpower allows Landorus-T to OHKO threats like Mega Kangaskhan, Hyreigon, Mamoswine, and Greninja.

The team's perfect synergy is displayed here, as there is at least one resistance for every one weakness.

Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Last edited:

Kie

big
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Much Bulk, Such Offense.
Battle Spot Singles

This team is a bulky offensive team and can do its job very well especially against most hard hitting threats such as Talonflame and Mega-Kangaskhan. The main points of this team is to stop physical threats and deal as much damage as possible. Leading with Talonflame, Kangaskhan or Breloom are nice to get your opponent to switch, get one of their pokemon put to sleep or get dealt massive damage. This team isn't 'perfect' but it does do very nice against these big threats.
THE TEAM:

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Zapdos is a complete counter to Talonflame if left at the right amount of HP. Taking Flare Blitzes and Brave Birds from it, also taking rocky helmet damage, you being able to roost the damage off and on top of that being able to discharge defeating it (if not then at least get a para, but rare chances that it will not kill). It carries Heat Wave for steel types that it cannot touch. And finally HP Ice for them pesky Garchomps, without HP Ice Zapdos cannot touch Garchomp.

Breloom (Breloom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
This is a pretty common set. Focus Sash helps it very well as Stealth Rock is not a common thing and so isn't spikes and you're guaranteed a Spore if its Focus Sash is still intact. Bullet Seed is a good move as it gets Technician boost and can hit 2-5 times. Rock Tomb is also a very good move you can Ohko most pokemons with Rock Tomb such as Talonflame (Focus Sash intact), it lowers the speed of a pokemon and it gets Technician boost. Mach Punch is there for priority and can hit stuff with nice damage.

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Aerial Ace
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
Now Talonflame is very strong and common. It pretty much wrecks most pokemon and can be use diversely. I find Choice Banded more useful but you may prefer SD, Will-o etc. Brave Bird is a strong priority (Gale Wings) for Talonflame. Pretty much every single Talonflame has Brave Bird. Aerial Ace is there just for coverage, but it's very good. You may be wondering why i'm not running Acrobatics? Aerial Ace does 10 more power (including STAB) and hits every single time so no more of that silly Minimize. Flare Blitz is also like Brave Bird, very common and hits very hard. U-Turn is more for coverage and it lets you get free damage if they switch and you predict correctly. It can be used to hit Tyranitars for good damage as well.

Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
Azumarill is there to take at least one hit and set up Belly Drum, with Sitrus Berry this is possible and can be very possible. Aqua Jet is there for a good priority STAB and can damage a lot of fast threats. Waterfall is there as a good STAB coverage. Play Rough is there as another good STAB. There's not much i can really say with Azumarill, that it sets up and destroys teams.

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
Mega-Kangaskhan is very very good. It has a decent-good move poll and can hit very very hard with its ability. Fake out is there to get chip damage and for priority. Return is for a very hard hitting STAB move. Now, i run Drain Punch over Power-up Punch as Kangaskhan doesn't get good reliable recovery and i don't think it needs much more attack. Sucker Punch is for a good priority move and hits Ghost types very nicely. I like to run 36 Speed EVs because it out speeds max HP and Attack. Max HP and max Speed Kangaskhans don't usually kill this Kangaskhan and you can revenge kill it.

Relaxed Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball
Aegislash is a VERY strong, defensive and reliable pokemon to use. It is a good pair with Kangaskhan as their weaknesses cancel out eachother. Weakness Policy is used for when you take a hit in Shield form (which you most likely will) you will get +2 Attack and +2 Sp.Attack and revenge will whatever attacks it. King's Shield is the most common move you will find on Aegislash as you can change from Offense to Defense in a matter of seconds. Shadow Sneak is a good priority move. Sacred Sword hits Normal types that Shadow Sneak doesn't. And Shadow Ball is a strong move to use on Aegislash as it hits defensive walls nicely. I run 0 IVs in speed as it gets hit in Shield Form then hits for pure damage in Blade Form.

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Knuckles (Breloom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Aerial Ace
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Relaxed Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball

0 SpA Zapdos Discharge vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 284-336 (95.6 - 113.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 93-111 (24.2 - 28.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Kangaskhan: 258-306 (62.3 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 234-276 (66.6 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 234-276 (56.5 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 216-254 (52.1 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar: 130-154 (38.1 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame U-turn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 124-148 (30.7 - 36.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 79-94 (22.5 - 26.7%) -- 29.9% chance to 4HKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 316-373 (90 - 106.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 139-163 (46.8 - 54.8%) -- 63.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 261-309 (74.3 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Aegislash-Shield Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 216-256 (52.1 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

cant say edit: re-formatted as everything was indented, making it impossible to view on my phone

Last edited by a moderator:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, awesome job guys! I've stickied this thread. I will do a write up for the Triples CCAT as time allows so we have a sample triples team.

Ares

I updated the OP with Chaotic's team, Kortex I will put your team in as soon as you edit in a description. Thanks for stickying this :D

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Big post incoming!
Ok first let's go with a simple doubles team:

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Protect
- Ice Punch

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Giga Impact

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpA / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Light Screen

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

EVs: 180 HP / 100 Def / 28 SpA / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Helping Hand
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

Tyranitar
This thing is a damn tank, being able to resist huge special attacks thanks to sandstorm, used Chople Berry due to the big ammount of fighting type attacks used in the meta, also being able to hit hard.

Salamence
Scarfed Salamence is able to get a good attack drop for everyone in the opponent's party thanks to intimidate, fire blast for scizor/ferro, hydro pump for rock/ground type pokemon and two powerful STAB attacks.

Talonflame
Talonflame is a must-be in every team I have, priority band + nice speed is damn awesome, STAB Flare Blits for common steel types, Giga Impact is just a filler move that may help you in some weird cases.

Rotom-Wash
Our little WoW user, able to tank attacks and setting Will-o-Wisp or Light Screen, a pretty good pokemon and hits prety good with two STAB attacks.

Cresselia
Cress is a nightmare for most teams, both defenses and HP are damn good, helping hand works amazingly with Kanga/TTar/Mence/TFlame if you want to defeat certain pokemon, TWave is to slow down fast threats, Ice Beam is for the common Dragon Types and Psychic is just a good STAB attack.

Kangaskhan
Another must-have pokemon, able to Flinch set up pokemon/break shashes on the first turn and then hitting hard with Return, sucker punch is for fast pokemon that are sure to attack, drain punch is a nice recovery move, not much to say about this beast.

Now a Singles team:
No kanga rofl

Lucario-Mega (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Manectric
Manectric has an amazing coverage, it gets intimidate + an amazing boosted speed when mega, hp ice checks a lot of common threats like Garchomp, Lando, Salamence, etc, tbolt is for the powerful STAB attack, Overheat/flamethrower is good for common steel and/or grass types (like ferro rofl), then volt switch for a safe switch thanks to its amazing speed, to sum it all, Manectric is bae.

Talonflame
The must-have team member, hits hard + priority, the fact that this is being used in the singles metagame makes Talon pretty good, nothing to help opponent's pokemon when 1v1 vs a talonflame, banded Brave Bird is sure to OHKO/Deal a huge ammount of damage to most pokemon.

Ferrothorn
My wall, perfect for physical pokemon who might deal a good ammount of damage to manectric (and any other pokemon), able to deal damage without attacking, thanks to the slow speed, gyro ball does a good job versus fast pokemon.

Greninja
My fast special attacker, Protean gives STAB to every move this pokemon uses, running HP Fire due to some ferrothorn giving it trouble, Dark Pulse used for that nice flinch probability, Ice beam for common dragon types, Hydro Pump used as the strongest move for pokemon who don't resist it, works surprisingly good.

Garchomp
The scarfed beast, hits hard enough and has enough bulk to live a banded brave bird for talon, fire blast is in the same situation as HP fire with greninja, ferrothorn.

Lucario
Finally, my second mega pokemon, just in case manectric might have trouble with some teams, with just 1 SD it can OHKO a lot of things, even pokemon that resist it, ice punch just in case some non-scarfed lando appears.

As you can see it's a really offensive team but it works just fine, just need to know how to use it.

Time for the triples team:

Kangaskhan (Kangaskhan-Mega) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 196 SpA / 20 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Swagger
- Taunt

Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Talonflame
Same as always, priority plus band equals power, u-turn is for momenum when Scarfed Rock/Ground type pokemon appear, also a huge threat for Wide Guard users.

Thundurus
Our little thundy here is able to paralyze pokemon with priority thanks to prankster, able to taunt wide/quick guard users, sometimes forcing switches, swagger is an OP move for both special and physical attackers, tbolt is just a STAB attack.

Cresselia
The same ragequit nightmare as always, amazing defenses, dang OP HP, this time we are using Psyshock because hitmontop is more common due to Intimidate + Wide Guard.

Landorus-Therian
The MVP of the team, being able to use spread moves like EQ and Rock Slide, plus the fact that it has Intimidate, probably the best ability in Doubles/Triples, scarfed u-turn is to escape dangerous moments.

Aegislash
Aegislash is also a good pokemon, it's able to live any EQ (even landorus therian's) and activate Weakness Policy to hit hard, priority to sure kill some pokemon and 2 STAB special moves.

Kangaskhan
I swear Kanga is good in any meta lol, this time we run Power-Up Punch just to get some good attack rises and the start spamming Sucker Punch/Return and destroy teams, Fake Out is to break sashes AND possible Wide Guard users who try to avoid Lando's EQ.

Hope this help new users who are trying to get involved in the Battle Spot meta and don't know what to use on their teams. :pimp:

Last edited:
Felt like throwing my team out there. This is for singles since I'm complete garb at doubs/trips.

Ajani Vengeant (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Dragonite is probably my most universally good team member. While other pokes may be stronger individually, Dragonite is almost always a solid choice when picking your 3. Unlike Talomflame, not every team packs an answer to Dragonite, allowing it to do some serious damage. Lum Berry + Multiscale basically allow a free DD turn 1. Scarf Garchomp and Azumarill are the biggest threats to this

Kiora (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Strong Water STAB is really strong right now and the secondary Fairy typing + priority make Azumarill very strong. This set gets changed on a weekly basis between bulky Band, Banded with speed investment, or an in-between set. The main reason I use Azumarill is to make up for my Dragonite being weak to Garchomp.

Vraska (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect

Not much needs to be said about Ferrothorn to be quite honest.

Nissa (Breloom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Sash + Spore makes for a solid lead. Rock Tomb on the switch in. Mach Punch to kill. Pretty simple right? Bad against stealth rocks or sand. Pretty darn good otherwise.

Ashiok (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast // Will-o-Wisp

This set is courtesy of Montsegur and it's absolutely AMAZING. Gengar itself forces switches a lot as people expect to be trapped by the mega, giving you a free sub. Disable works wonders against choiced pokes or limited move pool pokes. Shadow Ball is great STAB in conjunction with Focus Blast. Will-o-Wisp can also be used in the last slot if you'd like. A sadly large amount of people will use Ground moves against this set if they don't know it because they expect Mega-Gengar. I keep a tally of which of my team I choose each time I battle, I bring this Gengar as one of my 3 over 65% of the time.

Chandra (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 182 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance // Will-o-Wisp
- Roost

I didn't really know what the last poke of my team should be so I kind of just threw Talonflame in here since he can just win games on his own if your opponent doesn't have an answer for it. Swords Dance or Will-o comes down to preference imo. In such a fast paced format, there aren't many opportunities to SD but if you do, Talonflame just runs through even those pokes meant to take at least one hit from him.

Ajani Vengeant (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Kiora (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Vraska (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect

Nissa (Breloom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Ashiok (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Chandra (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 182 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
Format: Singles
Name: Double Ghost Anti-Meta

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate / Shadow Tag
EVs: 84 HP / 172 Satk / 252 Spe + (Timid Nature)
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Wave / Disable
-Focus Blast / Disable

Gengar is a very important part of the team. Its main roles are to get through strong Pokemon with the combination of Substitute and either Disable or an attack. If you want to not run disable, gengar does pack the option of running the 84 hp, making Mega Kangaskhan's Sucker Punch only do 40% or less if you're behind a Sub. Focus Blast is a 2HKO on M-Kanga, so you may want to run Disable over Sludge Wave. You could also run Disable over Shadow Ball, but then you can't hit Aegislash and it can really come in and out as it pleases. Another thing to note is that Gengar survives Sharp Beak / Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird, and KOs back with either of its STAB attacks

Talonflame @ Choice Band
EVs: 4hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe + (Jolly Nature)
-Brave Bird
-U-Turn
-Flare Blitz
-Sleep Talk

Max Speed Talonflame with Choice Band is actually really effective. No matter what, you're atleast running a speed tie with every Talonflame in existence, and on top of that, you have a chance to OHKO every variant of opposing Talonflame barring max hp / max defense. In addition to this, you can hit pretty much everything first except Espeed Dragonite, but this team has better options for that. Talaonflame's role is mainly a powerful, fast revenge killer eliminating threats in its path.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 4 Satk / 252 Atk / 252 Spe + (naive)
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw
Garchomp's main role is serving as a check to physical damage dealers like Mega Kangaskhans and Aegislash, the ladder of which the team has kinds of trouble beating depending on your roster. Fire Blast over anything else to hit Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Breloom. Dragon Claw over Outrage so that you won't make a choice you'll regret by locking yourself into a dragon move and let Mawile or Azumarill come in for free. Earthquake because you have no other physical ground STAB that is better. Stone Edge hits the remaining Pokemon such as Charizard and Talonflame.

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 hp / 252 Satk / 252 Spe + (Timid)
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Dark Pulse
-Grass Knot

Greninja has the threat of 121 base speed and STAB on every single attack. Ice Beam hits Lati0s, Lati@s, Dragonite, Garchomp, Some flying type, etc. Hydro Pymp is your strongest water STAB and hits lots of things for neutral and super-effective damage. Dark Pulse hits Gengar, Aegislash, Alakazam, and other Ghost / Psychic types. Grass Knot is your odd coverage move, really only hitting Tyranitar and Rotom-W.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 252 Satk + (Quiet)
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon
-King's Shield

Aegislash is the powerful mixed attacker an offensive team like this enjoys. Before I go into an overview on the moveset, I'd like to note that the Quiet nature is so in an Aegislash 1v1 war, the opposing Aegislash moves first, activating your Weakness Policy and turning them into blade form, leaving you able to KO the foe and walk away with +2 +2 and priority. That said priority is Shadow Sneak. Shadow Ball and Flash Cannon are your special STAB attacks.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk/ 252 Spe + (Jolly Nature)
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Seed
-Spore
-Rock Tomb

Breloom is the finishing touch to this offensive natured team. Spore gives you a chance to take out something you usually didn't think you could take out. Rock Tomb has a niche in the form of knocking out Talonflame, and lowering Garchomp's speed to the point where you outspeed it. Bullet Seed is stronger than Seed Bomb with Technician and 3 hits, as well as the ability to break sashes. Mach Punch is priority, as well as boosted by technician and STAB.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot

EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Click this for the full RMT!

Okay, so I thought I'd post my team here as I consider it to be reasonably straightforward to use: This team is designed to provide answers to all of the most dangerous threats in Battle Spot Singles in interesting and innovative ways, allowing a competent battler to win most matches with little prediction required.

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Superpower
- U-turn / Superpower

Landorus is an all-purpose bulky pivot and attacker that I use to beat Pokémon like Aegislash, Heatran, Blaziken and Zapdos with it's two main attacks whilst also removing Leftovers and softening up irritating Eviolite abusers like Porygon2, Chansey and Doublade with Knock Off. You'll find yourself bringing this to most games. Superpower can be used in one of the last two slots to surprise Kangaskhan and Porygon2.

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Rotom-H is this team's dedicated stop to Talonflame. It also gets value against other Flying-types (chiefly Mega Pinsir), Mega Manectric, Mega Mawile and Porygon2 by virtue of it's unique typing and ability. Will-o-Wisp is an incredibly useful move for getting around physical attackers like Garchomp and opposing Landorus in a pinch. You can beat some Water-types with this Pokémon but you need to know your speed tiers and be wary of surprise Scarf users. Hidden Power [Ice] is worth noting as Rotom-H is capable of going toe-to-toe with Pokémon such as Salamence, Zapdos and Hydreigon if it needs to.

The Lukewarm (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard -> Trace
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast / Taunt / other coverage option

The team's mega. This Pokémon is a common lead and does well against many widely used Pokémon such as Blaziken, Gengar, non-Sucker Punch Kangaskhan, non-Scarfed Garchomp and Landorus and Heatran thanks to it's ability and it's fantastic speed tier. Taunt enables it to beat Prankster mons after Tracing their ability and Focus Blast beats Steel-types not named Aegislash if it hits. Other coverage options include Energy Ball for Rotom-W and Shadow Ball for picking off weakened Aegislash and Cresselia, but Alakazam's fourth moveslot is very tightly contested so these moves aren't recommended. Play Alakazam carefully; while it can and will surprise you by taking some hits but it's certainly not a tank so keep a damage calculator handy.

As Dead As Leaves (Roserade) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Roserade's job is to act as a Spore and Leech Seed sponge and counter dangerous threats to the team such as Azumarill, Breloom, Rotom-W, Suicune and Whimsicott while also sleeping random things and surprising Ferrothorn and Scizor with HP [Fire]. With a Life Orb it can hit impressively hard on frailer attackers and I can use it to wear down random sponges thanks to Giga Drain's recovery and Sludge Bomb's nifty poison chance. It's very scared of Talonflame though so it doesn't see use all the time.

The Boney King (Aegislash) @ Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Kangaskhan answer and secondary Fairy check. Finds plenty of setup opportunities with it's Air Balloon and proceeds to punch holes. Can be difficult to play with thanks to the fragility of the Air Balloon; however, Kangaskhan and choiced Earthquake spammers are not difficult to come across in the Battle Spot so it justifies it's spot nicely. I don't bring it often though.

Honeymoon Is Over (Azumarill) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Azumarill covers everything that I haven't already covered. Switches in on things, takes hits, laughs at status, smacks things back, and makes a nice little FWG core with Rotom and Roserade. It also holds the only priority on this team, so I bring it often to help with picking off Focus Sashes (looking at you, Cloyster) and fast, frail Pokémon like Thundurus. Azumarill also acts as somewhat of a panic button for Blaziken if Alakazam can't do the job for some reason.

Importable:
No No No No No No (Rotom-Heat) @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Snakes & Ladders (Landorus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

The Lukewarm (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

As Dead As Leaves (Roserade) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

The Boney King (Aegislash) @ Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Honeymoon Is Over (Azumarill) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Full RMT, including replays and threatlist can be found by following the link at the top of my post ^_^

Reactions: Kie

Ares

I'm going to restrict anyone from posting an ORAS sample team for the next 2 weeks as the meta is unknown and I want to wait for it to settle before teams go up. I moved the XY sample teams down a post, if you still wish to post an XY sample team then you can but make sure you specify.

Ares

Drain Punch breloom.... wow...
amazing, insightful, all around a fan-fucking-tastic post. Thx for contributing to the thread fren.

Also I forgot to post saying you can post ORAS teams, if you are making them on PS! make sure that they do not have any illegal moves in ORAS as there is a small issue atm with allowed moves on the ladder.

Format: ORAS Singles
The Mainstream Squad

Now, lets get to the team. (I've made it in game but I don't really think its /that/ good.)

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Power-Up Punch
Now this set seems semi-odd. After testing it in some battles though, I found it to work the best. Substitute helps me avoid any status incoming like will-o-wisp via those occasional Rotoms or just the dreaded Ferrothorn which happens to occasionally this team no matter what 3 you bring. Nothing can really stop this thing except talonflame if sub is down. Return is the obvious move which I shan't go over due to it being self explanatory . The Evs being to outspeed certain things while keeping enough HP for sub and to take at least some hits.(It was a darn pain to ev train a lopunny w/ these evs)

Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword
Ah aegislash. He was added to my love for aegi on battlespot and his ability to stop any fighting type/flying type that threatened lopunny. If you see a talonflame, you might wanna bring this or breloom since they're the only ones semi capable of killing it without much damage done. Flash Cannon was a hard one to choose over Sacred Sword but I guess that is up to you. EVs meant to take hits, 16 attack for shadow sneak . Weakness Policy because dam can this thing take hits or at least barely survive some enough to retaliate back with something. Ex:
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Earthquake vs. 216 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 136-162 (83.9 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 216 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 203-242 (64.4 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 216 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 182-216 (57.7 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
This thing here is a life saver but since rock tomb can miss its also a death causer. Spore is enough to hax you to victory; other than the usual breloom set you see everywhere in battlespot, nothing to say other than if the other team can destroy aegislash, and they have a t-flame bring this. This also doesn't have to be your lead 24/7 especially if you can pretty much anticipate what they will lead with.

Ability: Aerilate/Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Roost
This thing is more than broken as when it came out. Nearly nothing can stop besides an aegi. This set was aim's set that I honestly can't get enough out of how good it is despite this not being ou. With the ev spread given it can practically wall rotom and other special attackers like mega Manectric because it can take an average of one HP ice enough to kill Mega Man afterwards if it has been weakened or you have a sub set up prior to it coming. Kind of tossed back on because I wanted another mega.
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Mega Salamence: 276-328 (70.2 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 155-183 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Naive Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
This thing just gets better and better. If you see a fairy you can't deal with and need something fast? Bring this. With its ability to outspeed a mega salamence before mega evolution and being to generally outspeed most non scarfed-non mega pokemon it's just something you add. Fairies like Azumarill get OHKO'd by this with 40 attack evs
40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 406-478 (101.2 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 346-408 (96.1 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 328-385 (83.2 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind
Talonflame is life. Need Priority? Need something to late game kill anything because you can out speed it? Bring Talonflame! While talonflame has failed me a couple of times, it is worth bringing it and non the less has saved me a lot of times against Mega-Salamence. I just needed something as a priority user so I put this on here.

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Roost

Naive Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Ares

Added in Angeela 's team.

If when making a sample team, can you make the description like the ones in the OP. It just makes my job a lot easier, and makes your description a lot more fluid. Yes it makes your post look a bit better, but the description in the OP doesn't sound as good.

Plasmanta, I like your team.
Garchomp's main role is serving as a check to physical damage dealers like Mega Kangaskhans and Aegislash, the ladder of which the team has kinds of trouble beating depending on your roster.
I just don't think there is many physical Aegislash right now.Although life orb sword dance is becoming popular.

the poke sweeper

Pokémon Master
Format: ORAS Singles
Leeroy Jenkins Hyper Offense

So here is team I've had quite a lot of success with in the XY Battle Spot era. It got me to a decent rating of 1822 in the think fast competition and peaked around 2000 on the official ladder, can't prove it but take my word. The team is simple to use and pretty scary to face, but a bit outdated. If you really want to know about this teams peformance you can ask Angeela , I gave her this team as a way to get into battle spot and she instantly fell in love it (You're welcome fam :D). I'm also going to give substitutions for certain pokemon on this team if you have a desire to use more of the recent megas or tutor moves. I'd like to note that the team is still viable as is.

@ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
I believe that every battle spot team must have a fairy, unless they of course like getting wrecked by dragons. Given my teams offensive nature I choice Azumarill to be my fairy. Out of all the sets you could run on Azumarill I choose to run the belly drum set because of how effective it can be in Battle Spot. Choice Band restricted my options, Assault Vest just wasn't for me, and Sp.def Perish Song did not fit the team. The Belly Drum set allows me to punish my opponent for locking themselves in dragon moves whether it'd be by choice item or baiting them on my part by using teamates that leave them with no other choice and it allowed Azumarill to last a while longer thanks to the sitrus berry recovery turning some 2HKO's into 3HKO's. Belly Drum is used for late game sweeping/punishing, you don't always have to use it. Actually now that I think about it I almost never used Belly Drum, but when I did it was not only necessary, it also won me the game. Waterfall is used for strong STAB, Play Rough is used for the same reason as Waterfall, and Aqua Jet is for nice priority.

Other Option

Filia (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect/Swords Dance/Pain Split
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head/Fire Fang

With the addition of ORAS, Greninja rose to be the most feared non mega pokemon in Battle Spot. Giving him gunk shot alone pretty much made any fairy counter unplayable. So in response I picked Mega Mawile because it plays very similar to Azumarill and is very threatening on its own. Its extremely threatening if you choose to run SD. Originally I wanted to use Mega Diancie because it fit so well with the team, but for whatever reason you cannot use any event pokemon, even the native ones in battle spot. The ev's are set so that I can have the minimal attack ev's to OHKO Mega Sableye with play rough, be able to take one hit from LO Greninja whether it be HP Fire or Hydro Pump, and survive an unboosted EQ from Mega Mence (they usually get to +1 so intimidate should set it back to neutral). Protect is used for the safe mega evolution, you can also choose to run Swords Dance if you're an aggressive player, Pain Split is another option for slot one. Play Rough is used for the powerful STAB, Sucker Punch for pseudo priority, and the final slot can either be Iron Head or Fire Fang, up to you of course.

@ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
Was there ever a reason not to run Zard X? One of the most feared DD Sweepers (Now Mega Mence) it made perfect sense to put him on a team such as this. Adamant Zard X is the type of pokemon that just comes in, sets up once possibly twice, and makes holes in opposing teams. I can not tell you how many times she has either won me games or made big enough openings for my other pokemon to finish the game. Without Charizard it would be kinda difficult to deal with steel types for this team as you typically want to keep Talonflame healthy for late game. Dragon Dance is self explanitory, Outrage for sweep opportunities, Flare Blitz for Powerful STAB, and Dragon Claw for when I have to play it safe. Over all an excellent mon. Small tip: can usually set up on Rotom-W

Other option

Jet Stream (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Roost

WTF WAS GAME FREAK THINKING?!? My god, Mega Salamence is a god damn monster. I mean, it's no Mega Rayquaza, but fuck is it a close second. There is absolutely no reason not to use Mega Salamence, its strong, its fast, and it transforms your opponent from a tight end to a wide receiver. All that needs to be done is to get rid of all steel types and then you're clear for take off. While I love Charizard X, I really do, but Mega Salamence just outclasses it as a DD sweeper and because of that you might end up using the modernized version of this team over the sexy classic. This build aims to set up a substitute and set up some dragon dances. The evs are standard for this variant as it allows would be problems like rotom wash to not be able to break your sub with volt switch. I feel like the moves are self explanitory but I guess I'll go over why I use Frustration for the newer players. I use Frustration only on Pokemon Showdown because every now and then you'll run into a ditto and by default it's happiness is maxed out. That ditto will not be able to do significant damage to me because of this. However, in game I use Return because walking increases your happiness and so keeping your happiness at 0 is hard to manage after a while.

@ Lum Berry/Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
A terrifying pokemon to face in OU and a Monster in Battle Spot. The thing about Garchomp is it has a lot of offensive presence, from lum berry SD, to sash, rocky helmet, life orb, and choice scarf which i've seen a rise on scarf chomp in battle spot, Garchomp is a pokemon you should never sleep on. I choose to run Lum Berry because my team is based around the idea of breaking down walls for the next pokemon. I like to bring Garchomp in against bulkier teams that rely on status to win because I can set up an SD turn one, ignore status for a turn, and proceed to make dents in my opponents team. I almost always bring garchomp in battle and when I do he's usually paired up with Zard X unless my opponent brings a Stealth Rock user, if thats the case im bringing azu and Tyranitar/ Breloom. Im pretty sure I've painted the picture already but in case you can't see it, Garchomp is a game changer and should be in every team. Swords Dance is for breaking through bulky pokemon or late game sweeps, Outrage for immediate power (watch out for fairies), EQ for coverage, and Stone Edge for coverage. If you plan to use the modernized version of this team then feel free to use sash and play differently with garchomp because mega manectric gives the modern version a run for its money.

@ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
The team couldn't deal with Talonfalme, more specifically Choice Banded Talonflame so I needed a pokemon that could easily deal with it while also maintaining offensive pressure. Tyranitar can also deal with Mega Salamence, it's 2hko'ed at +1 with earthquake so you can retaliate with stone edge, it also sets on the sub dd roost variants. I like to use Tyranitar in combination with Breloom and Garchomp/Azu/Talonflame because they can really pressure the high tier threats if played correctly. Dragon Dance is used for early, mid, and late game sweeping, Crunch for decently strong STAB as well as a coverage option(dark typing is just so good this gen), Rock Slide for coverage and STAB but you can use stone edge instead if you'd like, and EQ for that Edge Quake coverage.

Other Option

@ Leftovers/
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast / Psychic
With pokemon like Greninja and Mega Salamence rising in usage, I think its necessary to run a Prankster Pokemon with Thunderwave. If you're looking for a Pokemon that can do that then look no further because no mon does a better job than Thundurus-I. With Thundurus on the team you'll be to put a stop to other set up sweepers or fast threats such as Greninja, Gyarados, Charizard X, Mega Mence, etc. Thundurus is also very powerful and while I'd like his item to a Life Orb, it has to be Leftover because Greninja already has a Life Orb. Thunder Wave slows down faster pokemon, Thunder Bolt is for STAB, HP Ice for Garchomp and others, Focus Blast nails steel types but I think Psychic might be more of use to you.

@ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind
Just like Garchomp is a necessity for every team, Talonflame is a necessity for any offensive or balanced team. Priority Brave Bird is just really good to have on a team and will more often than not just flat out clean late game. In my opinion CB Talonflame is the best Talonflame in Battle Spot, but the bulky will-o-wisper makes a close second. Given the nature of my team I of course choose the Choice Banded set. Brave Bird is the move you will use the most for obvious reasons, Flare Blitz for Strong STAB, U-turn for momentum (its just so fun to screw with people when I lead with this), and Tailwind as a last ditch effort to secure the win in a bad speed situation where Talonflame cannot help in any other way.

@ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
Breloom is a relatively safe pokemon. I like to use him when my opponent either has a Talonflame, Azumarill, or when im just in doubt of what my opponent is leading with. Breloom is actually a predictable lead, but thats not a bad thing. If you are a ballsy player like me, you will anticipate your opponent to predict the Breloom lead and plan around that. Breloom is also an answer to the Mega Kangaskhan + Rotom-W core. Rock Tomb is mainly used on Talonflame but has other uses of course, Bullet Seed is for the technician boosted STAB, Mach Punch for the Priority STAB, and Spore for utlility.

Other Option

Itachi (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Back in Early XY Battle Spot, Greninja was an amazing pokemon to use in the lower ladder. However, the higher I climbed the more I didn't use him. This led to his replacement by Breloom who was more useful to me. With the release of ORAS, Greninja got some new toys. Its because of these toys that he is definately a high tier threat and should be feared by all. This set in particular fits the best with the modernized version of the team. Ice Beam for coverage, Dark Pulse for Aegislash and Mega Slowbro, Gunk Shot for Fairies, and Hp fire for Ferrothorn and other steels.

Final Thoughts
Over all the team has brought me great joy,I only hope it does the same for you. I would like to note that if you choose to use the modernized version of the team, beware of Mega Manectric because he can a will destroy the modern team if given the chance. But thats the thing about pokemon, there will always be something you're weak, there is no "Perfect Team". Battle Spot is very different from 6v6 and im sure you know that. Their battles are short and are usually determined in a single turn who the victor will be. Don't let this discourage you, let it motivate you. I've been play competitive pokemon since D/P/P back when I was 8 and im just now feeling like i truely understand the game (im 16 now). Pokemon is a game full of luck. Yes theres definitely skill involved but at the end of the day its not skill that determines the winner (well among Pros vs Begginers it is) its luck. Sure you can prediction and anticipate, but those are just educated guesses and will not always be right. This is a game of chance with a lot of 50-50's and once you realize that you can finally bloom and become the trainer you were ment to be. So if you lose or get frustrated because you guessed wrong then don't even worry, it's all in good fun. After all that is why we play pokemon, to have fun. I hope you enjoyed reading thing and hopefully it taught you something, now im off to bed :)

Importable
Bubbles (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Charla (Charizard) (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Samehada (Garchomp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Lilith (Tyranitar) (F) @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Garunix (Talonflame) (F) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Shroomz (Breloom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the poke sweeper Azumarill should be 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe, 248 HP gives the same HP stat so you're wasting an EV point by not maxing attack. Also, as much as it would be fun to use, Diancie isn't allowed in Battle Spot due to it being an Event Legendary so I would take that out of 'Other Option'. The rest of the team seems pretty standard though.

the poke sweeper

Pokémon Master
the poke sweeper Azumarill should be 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe, 248 HP gives the same HP stat so you're wasting an EV point by not maxing attack. Also, as much as it would be fun to use, Diancie isn't allowed in Battle Spot due to it being an Event Legendary so I would take that out of 'Other Option'. The rest of the team seems pretty standard though.
The team has been fixed and updated. Major Brain fart on Mega Diancie, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Let me try this :3 I was focusing on breeding the last 2 month and wasn't able to battle in pokemon showdown! But now I'm back and I actually tried to go up high, and I think it is a ok result.
My peak with this team is 1741 (actually 1745 but didn't screen shot that one) with 86.1 GXE and #1 on battle spot singles in pokemon showdown
You may not like the team I'm using but it actually requires skill and it's not about lucks, so I feel fine with it.

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 3.01.34 PM.png

chansey.gif

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Ace of this team. This good looking girl can beat almost any Special attackers, and also not bad against some physical attackers such as scarf garchomp.
I am sure thunder wave is better than toxic since there is so much p-u-p kangaskhan, and salamence.. Also lets me soft boiled faster after para.
I must have seismic toss for a decent damage against any pokemon except ghosts, and soft-boiled is a must thing as you know.
Stealth Rock is just to keep getting damage when they switch in.
I chose chansey not Shed Shell Blisey because Blisey doesn't have enough SpD, and also it's just too weak against the physicals. The point of using blisey is just for Gengar-mega, so I felt chansey is better.

skarmory.gif

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Toxic

This guy is amazing, and beats lots of physical pokes. But as you guys know, skarmory can't always beat khan, and salamene and other physicals easily. I'm sure you'll find out that p-u-p rock slide, fire blast kills skarmory..
So how I play is, when it is chansey vs khan,salamence. I stay in and go for thunder wave. Most majority people does power up punch, or fire blast. After doing thunder wave, I switch to skarmory and use Iron defence.

tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 4 Def / 204 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Rest

This tyranitar is basically for gengar, talonflame and charizard Y. pursuit kills gengar-mega, although lots of gengar uses focus blast. This guy is not able to live shadow ball + focus blast. Rest is for the 2nd burn, and toxic heatran. There is nothing much to talk about him.

gliscor.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 228 HP / 84 Atk / 6 Def / 132 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Protect

All right, as you can see this gliscor's moveset is little strange. Most gliscor is eq/guilotine/sub/protect. But I found out this can never ever beat Sableye-mega. So I thought about using swords dance. Aerial Ace is a must thing for heracross, and breloom.
This guy's main job is for the burn, and toxic. Once it's poisoned, i can switch to it without being afraid of burns.
It is also for blaziken, and lucario. This guy does a lot for me. It just counters too many things, I don't even know xD
I choose him the most.

kangaskhan-mega.gif

Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide

Here comes the pokemon we all love. I was thinking about Anti- (chesto rest) suicune, and I came up with this idea.
Nothing to talk about him again, I never really choose him.

venusaur-mega.gif

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 8 SpA / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

My hero. Takes spore, and it's mainly for water types such as belly drum azumarill. It's also good against fighting.
I switch to this guy whenever my opponent uses knock off (also gliscor if it's already poisoned).
I don't have giga drain, because I felt I don't need it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-213960077
this is kind of good example how to use this team. My last was venusaur for conkeldurr
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-213962256
And this is a shit example.

cant say edit: there's an edit button in case you forget to mention something. No need to double post

Attachments

Last edited:
Another #1 with different alt, and different team! Forget about the "Airport-showdown" alt. It dropped so much.
*The next day... I woke up and realized something... it's way down D:
Forget about this alt as well.... I'll battle with different team.
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 11.28.07 PM.png

My peak with this team was 1695 points and GXE of 83.2, which is really bad... 48win 11lose
I used sand team this time, just because I love using excadrill..
And I really wanted to test what sand team will be like with Salamence-mega.

Sand team....
sand team is literally sand team. Hippo or Tyranitar gets the sand and just excadrill trying to win the game.
But since so many bad players blamed about the weather team, Game Freak made the weather turns to only 5 turn.
Now, within 5 turn, it's impossible to win with excadrill, so Hippo or Tyranitar must have smooth rock (or eject button).
I'm just gonna post things that can counter excadrill (before using swords dance, but stealth rock is yes)
List of things that can counter sand team (that are seen a lot in battle spot singles):
i_gaburiasu_s.gif
i_randorosu_reijyuu.gif
i_guraion_s.gif
i_boomanda_s.gif
i_bashaamo_mega.gif
i_roobushin.gif
i_garuura_s.gif

i_suikun_s.gif
i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
i_mariruri_s.gif
i_porigontuu_s.gif

A lot. This really is a reason its really hard to build a good sand team.
So I've decided to use air ballon to counter all the grounds, and salamence.
It's getting boring talking about this so let's get to the team

i_kabarudon_mesu.gif

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

The sand man. I chose hippo not ttar because I just like hippo more that ttar. It's just a personal choice.
If he can do stealth rock in the game succesfully, that means he did a job. getting 8 turn + stealth rock is basically his job.
Yawn makes excadrill easy to swords dance after the sleep ( I know most of the time, they switch. But in that case, stealth rock does a lot)
You can stone edge whenever you can predict their switch to talonflame/charizard.
But I want you to remember that the right choice when it's vs blaziken, or perish gengar (when it's with wobbufut) is earth quake, not yawn or stealth rock.
And don't attack the other pokes other than blaziken, or perish wobbufut. Do the stealth rock first.
i_doryuuzu.gif

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

As I mentioned before, I have ballon for excadrill. Iron defence + weakness sure is a great thing, but that can't beat cresellia which I didn't like.
Nothing special, outspeeds Anything slower than 135.
i_boomanda_s.gif

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 84 HP / 124 Atk / 4 Def / 68 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hyper Voice
I chose salamence for a mega spot. For blaziken, and other thing above.
Dragon dance sure DOES NOT work more than both attack and special attack mence. Hyper voice works on thing like helmet Hippo, and killing blaziken (without life orb hidden power ice), and whimscott.
Choose him the first when choosing Salamence+Hippo+Excadrill. Sometimes Hippo, but you'll get how it feels.
i_reparudasu.gif

Liepard @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 86 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Assist
Normal liepard. Swagger can win to venusaur and stuff anyway as long as you have the sub. Don't just go for assist when they have grass type in their team. Use sub first, and then use assist if they didn't switch.
Don't be afraid of your opponent having lum berry. Also, don't be afraid to choose liepard that much.
But when they have those...don't choose liepard. It doesn't mean you should always choose liepard when they don't have those, this just just Never choose liepard list.
i_kabarudon_mesu.gif
i_kureseria_s.gif
i_hiidoran.gif
i_ninfia.gif
i_yamirami_s.gif

You'll end up running out of PP of foul play.
For sylveon, as you guys know, hyper voice;~;
The opposing breloom can be solved by my bulky breloom.
Just as an warning, you can't choose this unless you choose both breloom and ditto.
i_kinogassa.gif

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Protect
- Counter
My man. This looks like a shit moveset but it's quite good. This bulk can live khan's double edge. As long as you protect the 1st turn for fake out.
Focus punch 1 shot kills it. And also, 1st spore ruins the opposing poke's lum berry.
So choose Breloom 1st most of the time when you gonna choose liepard. But if they have pokemons that can sub (like, Salamence, klefki, gengar...), choose liepard first
i_metamon_s.gif

Ditto @ Focus Sash
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
Sassy Nature
IVs: 2 Spe
- Transform
Just ditto. Can be sent after swaggering physical attackers.

~patters of choosing~~
i_kabarudon_mesu.gif
i_doryuuzu.gif
i_boomanda_s.gif
The most simple, and the one I chose most. This 3 can battle pretty good on any team.
i_reparudasu.gif
i_kinogassa.gif
i_metamon_s.gif
I sometimes chose those 3 even they had grass. As I said, sub before you assist. Easy prediction
i_kabarudon_mesu.gif
i_doryuuzu.gif
i_metamon_s.gif
Sometimes, sometimes... when they have khan and sylveon, i choose this
i_metamon_s.gif
i_kabarudon_mesu.gif
i_doryuuzu.gif
same with above, just starting with ditto
i_kinogassa.gif
i_kabarudon_mesu.gif
i_doryuuzu.gif
Very Very sometimes.
i_kabarudon_mesu.gif
i_metamon_s.gif
i_boomanda_s.gif
Kinda lot. I like choosing this 3, my opponent can't predict me choosing those 3.

Attachments

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 148 Def / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

Relaxed Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Aura Sphere

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
(for the Singles format)

I felt like I needed to make the jump to the Sample Teams thread with this team after revisiting it and finding that it's better, easier to use and more consistent than anything else I've built in the OR/AS era. My stance to teambuilding for Battle Spot follows a few simple rules: a) counter the top threats, b) use a few uncommon Pokémon to make the team interesting to watch and to play with, and c) combine a) and b) as much as humanly possible. The main thing that catches the eye of most people upon seeing this team is the Choice Specs Clawitzer; while definitely an oddball choice, it certainly pulls its weight with its decent bulk, good defensive typing and a monstrous amount of power that allows it to OHKO threats like Azumarill, Ferrothorn and Slowbro from full health while still doing over 80% to Porygon2 and Cresselia. With many of the bulkier elements of the game taken care of with Clawitzer, the speedier and stronger elements of the team can more easily do mean things to offense with priority moves and multi-hit moves. Salamence is the team's obligatory mega and an absolute monster that's sporting an unusual set; physically defensive DD with Facade. With Mega Salamence, I wanted the immediacy of the offensive Dragon Dance set but the reliability of the Substitute+Roost set; this was my compromise, and it makes a fantastic lure for Rotom-W, Klefki, Gliscor and any Cresselia and Suicune that lack Ice Beam - many opt to leave Salamence with a burn, poison or paralysis as I boost in their face, and then take ridiculous amounts of damage as I hole-punch with +1 140-power Aerilate Facade. The 100+ Speed EVs allow Mega Salamence to outspeed base 80s before Mega Evolution; this allows Salamence to pick off Pokémon like Mamoswine without needing to worry about possibly eating an Icicle Spear. Salamence has it's issues with Pokémon like Zapdos and Aegislash, as well as anything else that resists Flying and is bulky enough to take an unboosted, unSTAB-ed Earthquake; Life Orb Mamoswine is virtually the perfect partner for beating Electric-types not named Rotom, as not a lot of things want to switch in on a Banded Icicle Spear or Earthquake. Mamoswine's bulk may be slightly lacking, but it's ability and typing make up for it's stats by being able to stop almost any Electric-type in it's tracks and respond with a STAB Earthquake. Clawitzer and Mamoswine can have some trouble with Rotom-Wash, and none appreciate Kangaskhan, so I added Breloom next to patch up those issues a little. Breloom is the second of three priority holders on this team, after Mamoswine and before Aegislash, and it can also use Rock Tomb as speed control and immobilise most threats with Spore, while also being a switch-in to powder moves and Leech Seed itself. Bullet Seed is a useful multi-hit move for breaking through Substitute attackers like Suicune and Focus Sash holders like Cloyster before they become too threatening, and it also heavily damages Rotom-Wash, making it an effective check. Thundurus serves as a solid check to Talonflame and Suicune, and as a setup sweeper that can take on the likes of Ferrothorn and Klefki and possibly use them as set-up bait. It can be used in either Incarnate Forme or Therian Forme, as both have their advantages, but I prefer Thundurus-I for its greater speed and its ability, Prankster, which allow me to set up Substitutes on opposing Pranksters like Klefki and Sableye; however, Thundurus-T's more immediate power and immunity to Electric-type attacks may prove more useful for some players. Finally, Aegislash is the resident Kangaskhan check, and holds my trademark physically defensive EV spread, which allows it to survive some impressive super-effective hits to activate it's Weakness Policy and rampage with Shadow Ball, Sacred Sword and Shadow Sneak.

This team is a fun team to use if you want to play offense, but don't like the idea of a cookie-cutter meta team; while this team has some elements of the top 12 in it, it incorporates more than enough lures, traps and quirks to make laddering interesting (also, Clawitzer). This team requires careful playing around a few fast attackers like Greninja and Mega Lopunny but otherwise deals with the majority of the format effectively, so I feel it's a suitable team for newcomers to try out. Thanks for your time, Battle Spot, and go play this team because it's badass n.n

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 148 Def / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake

Rotom-Heat @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
Relaxed Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Aura Sphere
Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Changes made:
Thundurus > Rotom-H (better Suicune check, also checks Ferrothorn)
Scald > Water Pulse on Clawitzer (burn chance)
Sludge Bomb > Sludge Wave on Clawitzer (poison chance)
Life Orb > Choice Band on Mamoswine (more freedom, power drop so far unnoticeable)

(also Montsegur please update the OP ;_;)

Last edited:
Format: ORAS triples
Edit: I forgot to give this a name but whatever

I've used this team a lot on cart and the showdown ladder. I also used this team in a lot of my games for the BS Triple tour and won that. So I'd have some good success with this team and it's been pretty consistent for me. It has a lot of things that I feel are necessary in a triples team. It has both guard moves, speed control, fake out, ways to hit any side of the field, and a powerful spread attacker. This team has two forms of speed control and functions well in both of them. Whichever one you use will change depending on the team you're facing. For fast hyper offensive teams, trick room does well against them. For balance teams, tailwind plays well against them. Having trick room is also a nice way to reverse trick room and maintain speed control. The whole basis behind this team is to keep speed control in your favor and keep hitting as hard as possible. And you have a great win condition in Calm Mind Cresselia. CM cress does well against weakened teams late game and can sometimes take on 2 or even 3 mons by itself.

P.S. Aegi has focus sash, i figure this will throw some people off so i'll explain. With speed control aegi is going to be attacking first a lot so it will be vulnerable in blade form and it's nice to have the sash. With sash, you can also avoid a lot of 50/50s. Your opponent will think it's a 50/50 of whether you'll attack or not but there'll be a lot of times where you can just keep attacking a bunch of turns in a row without using Kings Shield cause sash will save you.

Some speed tiers to note: Aegi outspeeds base 110s under tailwind. Sylveon outspeeds base 115s under tailwind. Kanga outspeeds smeargle after mega and creeps things creeping smeargle.

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 116 HP / 220 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Snatch
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind

Aegislash @ Focus Sash
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Cresselia @ Lum Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)