Resource Battle Stadium Singles Team Bazaar

Hi! I haven't really played a lot of 3v3 singles since the Johto Classic, but I wanted to try the online a bit and I ended up getting to Max rank with this team a few days ago. That's not very hard to do if you've got some prior knowledge of competitive pokemon stuff, but I wanted to share the team I used still for a few reasons:

1. I's a very proactive team where you care more about your own gameplan then your opponents. I think that's a very good thing for a team to have climbing out of lower ladder ranks to avoid janky surprises. The proactiveness also means it's very easy to pilot and a great beginner's team; the climb was a good way to get familiar with the format.
  2. It's got a few cool Pokemon on it I think deserve to be explored a bit more. It made me go from thinking Toxtricity was some mediocre pokemon with unfortunate stat distribution to loving it.
  3. ...It seemed really fun? The big bad lead of this team seemed to send people into a weird panic mode and slaughtering things under screens felt really satisfying. Hopefully it's not just me!

Rental Team:
View attachment 213013

Showdown Exportable: https://pokepast.es/89bd80b80a87d6c0

Duraludon @ Light Clay
Ability: Light Metal
Level: 50
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steel Beam
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Dance

Toxtricity @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Snarl
- Shift Gear

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Liquidation
- Shell Smash

Using the Team:

It's hyper offensive dual screens. That one in game rental team with a Duraludon got me thinking about trying Duraludon as a dual screen lead vs actual players and it works well. Steel Beam is such an amazing move for getting things in, I love love love it now. Set up Screens and rocks, Steel Beam until you die, then bring out a sweeper and rip things apart. If that doesn't work, use your other sweeper that's hard to kill and let them finish things.

:duraludon:

You lead Duraludon. Out of all my games, he wasn't the lead only once due to time expiring. You get in there, set up one screen to protect yourself, then the other or rocks in whatever order, then Steel Beam into a safe switch in. He's great. People's first reaction to him never seems to be "oh, he's dual screen", so you're usually getting a surprise out of them and that usually means more set up turns. Go try out this pokemon with more cool HO stuff.

:Haxorus: :Toxtricity: :Hawlucha:
Next up is the big bad breaking Pokemon. If you're fighting a slower team with stuff like Corviknight and Toxapex, go Toxtricity. If they've got stuff like Hippowdon and Galar Corsola, go Haxorus (Steel Beam doing ~40% into DD is back breaking for these two).. Both of them do well versus balance, though avoid Toxtricity if they're packing Excadrill. Hawlucha is mostly there for very squishy teams where you don't need a ballista to get through (He's probably the weakest team member since the last two do that anyway. Worth replacing with more anti-excadrill technology).

:Mimikyu: :Cloyster:
Mimikyu and Cloyster do what the others boosting attackers do, but with built in insurance policies thanks to disguise and focus sash respectively. They usually clean up after your other set up monster goes wild. Be sure to tag along one of these just to avoid a dynamaxed Pokemon plowing through you.

Hope the team is fun! Let me know if you use it for a bit, I always love to hear about people trying out something of mine. Feel free to suggest tweaks as you'd like. It's probably not as good higher up since games slow down a bit, but I might take it on a deeper run later on since it was so much fun.
Thank you very much for this team. I have tested it on Showdown, where players seems to be better than most of cartridge players in Super/Ultra Ball tiers, and I'm going to export in on my cartridge tonight as it is really efficient on Showdown

Cloyster makes a very very good counter to Mimikyu and Dragon-type pokemon you often see in the format as Dragapult or Dracovish.

The Pokemon I use the less is Hawlucha by far, as I often prefer to use Haxorus to sweep the enemy team. I choose Toxtricity when I think I will be able to use 1 non-dynamax move to activate the Throat Spray before Dynamaxing.

Excadrill is a major threat for Mimikyu, and your opponent will probably choose him if he has an Excadrill in his team and sees your Mimikyu. That's why when I see one in the enemy team, I always choose Cloyster + Haxorus or Cloyster + Hawlucha.
Cloyster is the best counter to Excadrill in this team in my opinion. In all the cases I recommand to make a Shell Smash which allows you to outspeed him even if he is Choice Scarf, and guarantees an OHKO on his Dynamax form with Liquidation in the next turn.
If the Exca is Focus Sash which is the most common set-up, Cloyster wil die after the Liquidation but you outspeed with Hawlucha or Haxorus and just have to achieve the work.

I will probably bring more info and try to bring some improvements to be even more efficient when I have more time to test several changes I have in mind.

marilli

two, but one.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

With the new Timer rules I compiled a full shiny team that tries to timer stall the opponent as a win condition. I was restricted with what I had available on cartridge but the team has a bunch of bulky Pokemon with recovery and timer stalling options. I think I am better off with Yawn on Gastrodon as well - the sleep or the Volt Switch generally gives me a safe switch into all-out attacking Dragapult (that is just a set i had on cartridge, maybe Weakness Policy is a superior item choice). Dragapult is your main offensive tool and if you get a clean double or a safe switch in, you will score a KO - which you can just timer your way to victory. Toxapex and Sylveon has Protect first slot so u can fully run out the timer by not clicking a move. Corviknight and Toxapex are physically defensive, and Sylveon is specially defensive. Draga - Rotom - Corvi - Sylv actually deals decent damage and should be your main offensive mode.

This is very much a team in progress. I would love to hear more efficient sets, or Pokemon swaps (I have Umbreon, Quagsire, Mimikyu as notable Defensive Pokemon). I am willing to (and likely will, if enough people are interested) use most of my 6 rental team slots for different variants of this team depending on who prefers what. Obviously not everyone has access to these shinies so I'd love to share this to anyone who's interested in trying but doesn't have the tools to optimize it.

Have fun! (because your opponent won't)

With the new Timer rules I compiled a full shiny team that tries to timer stall the opponent as a win condition. I was restricted with what I had available on cartridge but the team has a bunch of bulky Pokemon with recovery and timer stalling options. I think I am better off with Yawn on Gastrodon as well - the sleep or the Volt Switch generally gives me a safe switch into all-out attacking Dragapult (that is just a set i had on cartridge, maybe Weakness Policy is a superior item choice). Dragapult is your main offensive tool and if you get a clean double or a safe switch in, you will score a KO - which you can just timer your way to victory. Toxapex and Sylveon has Protect first slot so u can fully run out the timer by not clicking a move. Corviknight and Toxapex are physically defensive, and Sylveon is specially defensive. Draga - Rotom - Corvi - Sylv actually deals decent damage and should be your main offensive mode.

This is very much a team in progress. I would love to hear more efficient sets, or Pokemon swaps (I have Umbreon, Quagsire, Mimikyu as notable Defensive Pokemon). I am willing to (and likely will, if enough people are interested) use most of my 6 rental team slots for different variants of this team depending on who prefers what. Obviously not everyone has access to these shinies so I'd love to share this to anyone who's interested in trying but doesn't have the tools to optimize it.

Have fun! (because your opponent won't)
Cotton Guard stall Whimsicott perhaps? Makes a ton of teams fold if unprepared, particularly physical reliant teams. Other ideas along that line of thinking: grimm/glalie could also work.

View attachment 210879

Togekiss @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Curse

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Rock Tomb

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 44 Def / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

WP Togekiss team made in a joint effort between me, kamikaze, nvakna, and another friend for Galar Beginnings. The basic idea is to use Grimmsnarl to help set up a sweep for Togekiss by setting screens and paralyzing faster threats if possible so that Togekiss can sweep with Max Airstream and Weakness Policy boosts. Super Luck is chosen over Serene Grace since Togekiss usually intends to sweep so the extra crit chance is more impactful than the extra flinch chance from Serene Grace since ideally you won't be in a scenario where flinching with Air Slash is the endgame play after Dynamax ends. Curse Ferrothorn is a common 3rd pick for this team to cover opposing bulky Pokemon to set up on them and break through endgame if Togekiss can't do it.

Focus Sash Excadrill does well against most things that give Togekiss trouble, namely Rotoms and opposing Excadrill and Tyranitar, Sand Rush is viable over Mold Breaker here if you prefer that though it makes Rotoms more annoying. Rotom-W helps with Corviknight who is a big annoyance for this team, Life Orb Dragapult helps similarly while not being locked into any specific coverage and also helps against Rotoms in general. The Defense EVs on Dragapult guarantee that it survives Jolly Scarf Darmanitan Icicle Crash while Dynamaxed in the event of a lead scenario. Obviously Life Orb recoil makes this difficult later in a match but chances are you won't be full health in those scenarios regardless. Speed on Grimmsnarl is just Speed creep in mirrors since Play Rough can OHKO other Grimmsnarl if they aren't invested in Defense, or if they use something other than Reflect turn 1.
Dude, I love you. I have gotten pretty good at battling over the years if I may say so myself, and I searched for some battle teams (haven't even beat the game lol). Your team was exactly what I was looking for. Togekiss (I did play early gen 8 at showdown), Excadrill, and Dragapult. I only use those three in fact. Excadrill lead wins most of the time and if they sleep I just SD and sweep. Otherwise Exca cleans the way for Kiss sweep. And if they manage to hang in there, a life orb draga finishes the remains.

Thank you! I am Great Ball Rank 7 after a couple hours and I will continue enjoying your team to Marnie's theme beat.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Screenshot_29.png

This is my favourite laddering team so far. Torkoal is standard Yawns + Rocks, but can "U-turn" out to sweepers with Eject Pack Overheat. Charizard is insane with sun support, being able to go for Airstreams off the rip makes a massive difference for it. Been considering swapping Dragon Pulse for Work Up since I never click DP and having a Max Guard option would be great.

Haxorus and Toxtricity are alternative sweepers that like yawn+rocks chip, Toxtricity and Rhyperior are anti-Togekiss options and Corsola helps against Excadrill. Might swap Haze on Corsola for rocks or Mirror Coat. I've actually tested Calm Mind + Hex over Haze + Night Shade and really liked it but thought it might have been a little too janky to post on the 'official' team lol.

You pretty much lead Torkoal every game, with a sweeper or two in the back that matches up well. Should be pretty easy for newer players to pick up!

swshbatonpass.jpg

EDIT: Team ID 0000 0006 6CG8 50

Hoo boy, I haven't posted on Smogon in years. I wanted to share this Baton Pass team, which has gotten me into Master Ball rank twice where my other teams failed.

:ninjask:
Ninjask (F) @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

The classic passer. The EVs can survive a +2 Jolly Mimikyu Shadow Claw, although Mimikyu leads are uncommon. 140 Speed EVs outspeeds the next fastest non-scarfer (Accelgor) but I've contemplated just switching to 252 Speed since it beats out Scarf Excadrill and Rotom. This is my preferred lead if I want to bring in Dracovish or Rhyperior.

:rhyperior:
Rhyperior (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch

I recently replaced WP Aegislash with this one because of the team's brutal Fire weakness, which almost every team carries. Most notably, Rhyperior doesn't get completely shut down by Dynamaxed Togekiss. Haven't had the opportunity to use Rhyperior much on cart but it's performed better than Aegi on Showdown. 172 Speed outpaces Mimikyu after +2 pass.

:leafeon:
Leafeon (M) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 68 HP / 188 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

This mostly scares away Water-types in the team select but otherwise has contributed the least for obvious reasons. Regardless, Bullet Seed can break Disguise (as you can see there is a theme of hating :mimikyu: here).

:dubwool:
Dubwool (F) @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Cotton Guard
- Body Press

Now we're getting to the good stuff. Dubwool is a kickass passer for the physical-heavy meta. It can easily handle Tyranitar and Excadrill, which its main partner Centiskorch otherwise struggles with. After an Agility, Dubwool outspeeds scarfed G-Darm and easily survives two Icicle Crashes with a Cotton Guard (provided no flinch).

:centiskorch:
Centiskorch (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

This is the MVP of my team. Dubwool is its partner in crime, as Centiskorch benefits hugely from the +3 Defense and +2 Speed from passing, then stomps almost everything with Dynamax. Additionally, Dubwool's Fluffy attracts Fire-type moves, and I can just switch out for this. Fire Lash's Defense debuff can make Centiskorch scary on its own in a pinch. Again, my baseline Speed target is scarf G-Darm, which requires a Jolly nature and heavy Speed investment. Without the Speed passes, the EVs still come in handy for slower uninvested mons like Milotic. The type coverage is nasty, and I've only really struggled with Rotom-H, who doesn't hit very hard back anyway with the AV.

:dracovish:
Dracovish @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Mr. Fish with any passed boosts? Better say thanks

Last edited:

This is my favourite laddering team so far. Torkoal is standard Yawns + Rocks, but can "U-turn" out to sweepers with Eject Pack Overheat. Charizard is insane with sun support, being able to go for Airstreams off the rip makes a massive difference for it. Been considering swapping Dragon Pulse for Work Up since I never click DP and having a Max Guard option would be great.

Haxorus and Toxtricity are alternative sweepers that like yawn+rocks chip, Toxtricity and Rhyperior are anti-Togekiss options and Corsola helps against Excadrill. Might swap Haze on Corsola for rocks or Mirror Coat. I've actually tested Calm Mind + Hex over Haze + Night Shade and really liked it but thought it might have been a little too janky to post on the 'official' team lol.

You pretty much lead Torkoal every game, with a sweeper or two in the back that matches up well. Should be pretty easy for newer players to pick up!
Great team! Can I ask what EV spreads and natures you're running? Timid or modest for Charizard? Do you run any speed investments on Torkoal or Rhyperior? Also why run Horn Drill? For a last ditch attempt at winning? Wouldn't something like crunch be better?

cant say edit: they’re all basic spreads

zard, timid 252 SpA Spe
torkoal, relaxed 252 HP def
haxorus, jolly 252 atk spe
toxtricity, timid, 252 SpA, faster than cloyster iirc. rest in HP. you can figure it out by viewing the rental in game.
rhyperior, adamant 252 Atk SpD
corsola, bold 252 HP def

neither torkoal or rhyperior want speed, they need bulk. horn drill is for stall cores, and max strike lowering speed is pretty clutch. thinking of swapping it for iron head though

Last edited by a moderator:
FB_IMG_1579777524598.jpg

https://pokepast.es/65db9bae6b116b97

Broke the top 1000 with this team which is my main one atm.
Usually you lead with Hydre depending on the opponents composition. If the opponent has a core where a potential Exca will lead you always go for Hydre.
The team struggles or used to struggle with Toge and Sylveon but the addition of Coalossal made things much better. Gyarados or Mimikyu always as the 3rd slot as the sweepers.
Conk sometimes is used also as a lead against sand teams which he does quite well. Bulk up for an additional boost and the ability to max guard in dynamax form. Did way better for me than Ice Punch.

My goal is breaking the top 200 with it which I can see doing considering I have done very well the last 20 matches after Coal was added.

Most common trios :
1. Hydre/Coal/Gyara
2. Dura/Coal/Gyara
3. Dura/Conk/Mimikyu

Attachments

Last edited:
With Season 2 coming to a close, below is a team I made with some input from 1TP. I’ve already shared this with some friends and they’ve enjoyed climbing with it, so here it is:

6B2D56DB-E96B-4D19-B38D-A4D57A41D581.jpeg

Taunt Gyarados has been a boon for me this season, what with Yawn being thrown around everywhere alongside the increase in defensive mons being used. WP Dragapult is of the Japanese variety (https://pokesol.com/unit/dragapult2-swsh) with Fire Blast in place to better deal with things like Ferro and Corviknight. AV Toxtricity checks most things that you’d use AV Rotom for, while also being able to deal with Mimikyu and Dragapult with the Nuzzle + Hex combo. Nuzzle gives great speed control and lets this particular Toxtricity outspeed up to a neutral Shell Smashed Cloyster and below.

1581001743056.png
1581001813758.png
1581001832725.png
1581001843602.png
1581001987656.png
1581002033880.png

PokePaste
This team has been doing very well for me so far in season 3, currently only sitting at ~40,000-50,000 ranking but I expect I'll place higher by the end if I play my cards right.
The team core is Hydreigon/Hatterene/Corviknight because of the lack of prevalent fighting types and fighting moves I've experienced in the meta that could pose a problem for Hyd/Corvi, as well as great type coverage among these team members.
Dragapult is very rarely used as Hydreigon seems to be more effective against the meta overall, but when I can get him to lead either against an opposing dragapult or something that hits it for supereffective damage, it almost always survives and then goes on to sweep most (if not all) of the opposing team
Coalossal is surprisingly versatile despite its typing being fragile against ground attacks etc. Usually Coal is a counter to common attack-based meta threats like Mimikyu, Galar Darmanitan and Dracozolt, but it also does a tremendous job of dealing with most variations of pokemon like Sylveon and Togekiss. Flame body is essential to deal with physical threats, ensuring that if Will-O-Wisp misses there's another chance during the turn to burn and cripple your opponent.
Toxapex rarely gets use either, but it's there as a check to all variations of gyarados (in case the opposing supporting team is too hostile to corviknight who is usually my go-to Gyarados check)
I used to run Mimkyu instead of Toxapex just as a red herring to coax people to lead with Excadrill, but I find that for whatever reason they tend to do that anyway so I removed Kyu.
Also, this is my first post on Smogon! I've been lurking for a very long time (D/P/Ptnm), but my normie friends can no longer tolerate my constant pokemon strategics so I figured this would be a good community to get active in.

Last edited:

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/740c1b8ec8814214

I built this team myself and have spent countless hours in the past week laddering to #1 on the BSS ladder instead of getting rich, having a girlfriend, or seeking a licensed medical professional to help me treat my fellow children's card game players like human beings instead of continuously threatening to post their personal information online. The title of this PokePaste reflects my real-life name and should in no way serve as reference to any users, banned or otherwise, who might also claim this alias as their own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)