Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to seek a beginner match. 2v2, singles. the DQ time should be one day. Standard recovery restrictions (Two uses of Recover/Rest type moves and 5 chills).

Arena:

A grassland in the middle of the night. There's a small, refreshing summer breeze. Clouds cover the sky, but use of Sunny Day will reveal a full moon and stars, though it will have no other effect. There are a few scattered rocks, some only pebbles, some big enough for a small Pokemon to hide behind, all of them breakable. Since it's night, the air is naturally cool. No sandstorm, no hail, due to the grassy setting. There's a small body of water in the general area that can be used for swimming and stuff, but if someone uses it to use surf twice, it's gone.
Summary:
No hail, no sand, sunny day only provides extra vision which is usually bleak, (-1 accuracy for Pokemon that cannot see well in the dark) water is available but you only get two surfs out of it, there are some rocks, otherwise, straightforward arena
I'll go up against Spenstar

All abilities, no items
How bout this beginner ref does this beginner battle.
PM me your teams.

Oh, and Steampowered, you need to choose switching method (OK or KO)

Let's try this out!

3v3 triples (hey, this is just training)
3 days DQ, 5 days ref DQ
2 recovers per mon, 5 chills per mon
Only 1 fully evolved Pokemon may be used at the start of the round. You may evolve one to its final stage during the battle.
Arena:

Reconstructed Ko-Koro (ignore the fact the one hut covers the guideline and the massive creative liberties taken to the Bionicle location. I don't have any of the Bionicle games set in Mata Nui, and BionicleSector01 was not very helpful in terms of pictures. The site I would normally go to in order to ask about this is transferring to more efficient forum software and isn't available right now. Credit to the Lego group for the original location.)

A gigantic hollow enclave of ice, used as a village by an unknown tribe of small icy mechanoids. The arena is massive; the ordinary huts alone are 8-10 feet in diameter, and the arena overall is about 150 feet in diameter and about 120 feet in height. The triangular pillars are about 40 feet from their tips to the wall, are about 60 feet high, and extend on the wall for an arc of 40 feet. Pokemon that can climb using sharp hooks (or Rock Climb) can climb up the pillars, but they are otherwise too slippery to climb. The stairs leading to the pinnacle are 60 feet high and 110 feet long, reinforced with wood and metal chips; they were used for guards climbing to scout for dangerous monsters and have 60/4/5 defenses. The bridges are ten feet wide, about 15 feet from the wall, 4 feet high, and are reinforced with wood and metal chips; they have 45 HP and 3/4 defenses. The bridges and stairs alike are designed to provide more traction than usual. The lookout platform is 10 feet in diameter and coated in freeze-resistant, traction-granting resin. Falling from the pinnacle out of the arena is considered to be a Ring Out (treated as a KO.) Spiral staircases, about 8 feet in radius (not drawn to scale!) located within two of the spires allow players to climb to higher up the arena-if they can fit in it, of course. Fall damage from any significant height can be calculated as the ref desires.

A key is shown here: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ToaNeya/kits/CAP-9/OtherMons/CAP-ASB/arenakey.png

The cold environment and natural snow reserves make it easy for Hail to be whipped up. Snow Warning and Hail cost 2 less energy to execute. Ice-type attacks in general cost less to execute here thanks to both extreme cold and resident elemental energy, requiring 1 less energy than usual. On the contrary, the lack of natural gravel makes Sandstorms that much harder to summon, making Sandstorm and Sand Stream cost 2 extra energy. The trees can be used as plant matter for attacks. Stones are set beneath the deep snow; Rock Slide can be used from the bottom of the arena. Rain/Drizzle cost 1 extra energy to prevent the cold from freezing it over, and the Sun is so far in the sky that it only boosts Fire attacks by 1 point. (Solarbeam still doesn't require a charge-up in sunlight, although its base damage is reduced to 9 in sunlight.) Fire attacks require a little more power to summon; outside of Sunny Day conditions Fire attacks require 1 more energy than usual.

The huts might contain items; including rocks for attacking with (70%) and disks (50% chance, the probability is independent), which can be thrown as a Normal-typed ranged physical attack that deals 6 base damage and has 90% accuracy. The 20 foot radius giant hut, once used for their leader, contains a large stockpile of such disks.

Finally...yes, the snow can be used as a water source. It costs 2 more energy for types other than Fire (by heating up the ice) and Ice (by virtue of control), but it can be used as a water source nonetheless.
Ill join yours tortferng8tr

your first one
...Can we please get a ref for this one?

2v2 Doubles
2 day DQ
2 recovers, 5 chills per mon
One Ability
Only first stage pokemons

Arena: "Paris Opera House" The A Dark room in very old building, it's an antique teather with a lot of rooms, there are big spaces and a lot of places like balconys and a big Arena where the pokemons can battle, still, in this antique construction there are some pokes living and they don't like to be disturbed (little rat and poison pokes and some naughty ghosts)

*still because this is a historycal place, the use of earthquake is strictly forvided

chall destiny warrior

1v1 singles
1 day dq, 3 day ref dq
no recov/chill
grassy field
Destiny Warrior took this, but he hasn't specified whether or not they can use items or the number of abilities. DW will confirm this either in person or in the thread; either way, it'll be determined by the time I get the thread up. If you can PM me your mons, that would be great; if not, I can take the minute to C+P the mons DW said you'd be using from your trainer profiles.

Long story short: I'm reffing this.

Open Challenge
2v2 singles
3 day DQ
3 recovers 5 chills
all abilities
no items

Areana Ice floes Feild: An arena, in the far north fighting on the ice floes. Its full of water, and heavy pokemon are at a disadvantage as the ice will drop them into the ocean, with all the water, Should a sunny day occur the ice will start melting and make it harder for non-amphibious pokes to maneuver. Hail will create a solid but thin sheet of ice that can be broken through. Dig and earthquake are impossible as is sandstorm due to the lack of sand and dirt.
Shadowbone66 has responded and we need a ref

I'll accept Pikapwnd vs Shadowbone66; PM me your teams and I'll get the thread up soon.

Also, I've got Gerard vs Leethoof; PM me your teams and w/not.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, open challenge.
1v1
Singles
DQ= 1 day.
You only send one mon to the referee to make it more of a surprise. Also, I will PM the arena to the ref so that is a surprise too!

Open Challenge:
4Vs4 Doubles
All pokemon must be able to evolve still. (cannot evolve in battle)
3 Day DQ
You choose arena (keep it simple), I send out second.
I'll accept this.

Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items

And since you've asked for an arena, how about shamelessly reusing someone else's?

The Coliseum. Yes, the one in Rome. If the match gets too boring, the Emperor (ref) can release pokemon into the Coliseum to mix things up. Sound good?
Ref Please?

Open Challenge

1Vs1 Singles
Arena:
Route 216:

It is Hailing very hard, and it cannot be changed. No Fully evolved Pokemon. It is so cold, Fire attacks cost 5 more energy. No Water Source.
If you don't move for 3 days, you will freeze solid.

Open Challenge

1Vs1 Singles
Arena:
Route 216:

It is Hailing very hard, and it cannot be changed. No Fully evolved Pokemon. It is so cold, Fire attacks cost 5 more energy. No Water Source.
Ill accept
1 ability
No items
Switch = troll

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Hello one and all! Today we bring you all a very special battle, for it involves audience participation! That got your attention? Good, I'll explain in more detail.

6 v 6 doubles to make this interesting. And last a while.
2 Day DQ, 1 Week per ref.
Arena: Ahh, the important thing. A circus tent pitched in a field, capable of withstanding a bit of rain and blocking out the sun. Our audience sits in the rafters, ready and waiting. There is a bucket of water for fish, but it's not huge.

Now then, for the audience, it's an entertaining game. In the seats (And if need be, chasing after the battle with everything in pockets) the audience will enjoy throwing things at the battlers.

The items are thrown before the round begins, and each have drect effects. The items are:

- Bomb (5 HP Damage, knocks target back)
- Sugar Coated Sugar (+2 to all stats for the round, goes down to -1 on all at round end)
- Banana Skin (+1 Speed for next action, 3 HP recoil on physical attacks for next action).
- Cream Pie (-1 Accuracy)
- ACME Poison Darts (50% Poison, 2 HP Damage)
- Invisibility Hat (+3 evasion, -2 Speed, Sp.Def & Def)
- Iron Ball (Confusion 30% , Flinch next action 10%)

The audience may come as many times as they like - No need to sign up in the audience. A round may only be reffed if at least 3 items have been thrown, or 72 hours have passed.

This may go well, it may not. Until then, I need a volunteer ref and a challenger!

Newbies please!

3 Day DQ
2v2 Singles
Arena- A to floor parking lot, Dig can't be used because you'll fall to the bottem floor, earthquake will cause the ground to be destroyed and make the pokemon fall to the bottem floor causing damage

Open Challenge

1Vs1 Singles
Arena:
Route 216:

Ill accept
1 ability
No items
Switch = troll
I'll take Arcanite Vs. Glacier Knight. PM teams.
Sorry, cancelling challenge, didn't realise i had 3 battles on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)