Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

I'll officially take the role of challenger for Faylion's match.

3v3 Middle Cup Singles
1 day DQ
2 recover/5 chill
2 substitutions
Switch = KO
No Items
All Abilities

Arena: see above

Need refs for:
Seeking a 2vs2 Babysitter doubles (Bring 1 LC and 1 FE)
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Training Items
All Abilities
2 Day DQ
2 Subs (Per mon)
Arena: Sahara Dessert
For millennia, mankind has lived and parished in the Sahara. Sand Fubes stretch for miles ad infinitum, only broken up by the occasional large boulder, shaped into unusual and bizarre structures by the sand and the wind. This arena is relatively basic; a sandstorm is always blowing, and cannot be removed. However, if a Pokemon activates Drought or uses Sunny Day, sunny weather will occur simultaneously with the sand. Because of the intense heat and the arid environment, Hail and Rain are impossible to use. There is no water, and no grass, however, the boulders are there, so moves requiring rock sources are usable. Additionally, the sand is easy to dig through, decreasing the energy cost of the move to 6.
Summary:
-Permanent Sandstorm
-Sun allowed at the same time
-Rain/Hail cannot be used
-No external grass/water sources
-Digging costs 6 energy rather than 8.
Open Challenge

2v2 NFE Doubles (I will bring a LC and a Basic)
ASB Arena
Training Items
1 day DQ
No chills / recoveries

Accepter can do the rest
Accepting Comp's battle.

Challenging smash to a 3v3 singles Steel mono
Items On
ASB arena
All abilities
2 subs

To SubwayJ and UllarWarlord:

On behalf of the current workers of the project, we would like to thank you for testing what we have so far. However, because the project is very liable to change, we are not going for public testing. The testing will take place in the group The ASB Adventure Battle Setup, where three approvers currently watch. While not an approver, I am the one who is going to be reffing the battle.

Anyway, to make things official:

1 VS 1 Trainer Singles (The trainers fight alongside one of their Poke'mon; counts as a 2 VS 2 match)
DQ: 3 Days (Loose)
Substitutions: 2 (Poke'mon and Trainer)
Chills/Recoveries: 5/2
Abilities: All
Items: Trainer and Poke'mon
Arena: ASB Arena at Night

(Why at night? So that we limit the watching eyes for now.)

Challenging smash to a 3v3 singles Steel mono
Items On
ASB arena
All abilities
2 subs
I'm returning to ASB with my new bout of free time (BREAKS AND NO HW FTW). So, if you want a challenge, this may not be what you want. But if you want a battle? That's what you'll get.

EDIT: Accepting EspyOwner.
Open Challenge

2v2 NFE Doubles (I will bring a LC and a Basic)
ASB Arena
Training Items
1 day DQ
No chills / recoveries

Accepter can do the rest
accepting, two subs, everything else is fine standard if there even is anything else ?_?
Reffing both pm mons

Test Gym Match, I'd like an opponent who can put up a serious fight (COLLOSOIL BANNED)

4v4 Doubles (I bring 6)
2 Day DQ
Orders First=Coin Flip
All Abilities
Items=Training preferably, but you can go real items if you insist
Switch=OK
Arena: Monolith Hall [Flavor not finished, effects are at the bottom]
There is little in the world that dwarves the mighty skyscrapers of Castelia City, and little in the world that outmatches Nimbasa City’s energetic atmosphere, but the titanic Monolith Hall manages to do both. Roughly a cube of solid red rock, it rises high above its mountaintop perch, seeming to pierce heaven itself with its indescribable size.

Even the road to the base of Monolith Hall is a long and arduous hike up the face of the mountain, winding through narrow switchbacks and pebble-strewn pathways. Climbing up the dangerous and heart-wrenching trail, the challenger begins to hear a deep rumbling, steadily growing as they ascend higher and higher.

Standing in front of the gateway to Monolith Hall is a moving experience in itself; the cliff face seems to stretch on for eternity above you and to both sides. The thundering roar has gotten even louder now, and the entire experience makes the already exhausted challenger feel unnervingly small. The stone door, surrounded by intricate carvings of rock-type Pokemon and rock-type instruments, is so smoothly set it is barely discernible from the rest of Monolith Hall. Struggling and failing to find any sort of opening mechanism, the challenger takes seat on a nearby bench to catch their breath.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.

With a boom somewhere between an epic guitar riff and a landslide, the stone door slides down into the floor. Already standing in the doorway is a small crowd of Shieldon, their heads bouncing up and down to the pulsing beat. A Bastiodon in the rear of the group glares at the challenger before sluggishly turning around, gesturing for the trainer to follow the group. With the door open, the dull noise coalesces into a definite tempo and the music steadily grows louder.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.
Unexpectedly, the interior of Monolith Hall is in fact not a concert hall – it is a mazelike catacomb of corridors organized in a seemingly random fashion. As the door slides shut behind the challenger, they quickly realize the complete darkness and become instantly grateful for the marching Shieldon herd, who appear to know the way by heart. The beat grows louder and louder as the group treks through the mess of tunnels; it seems to reverberate through the stone like a massive sounding board.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.

After at least a half hour of meandering through the hallways, a small glimmer of flashing light sneaks its way into the pitch black tunnels. The Shieldon suddenly scurry off into a variety of side paths, returning to their rockbound homes, leaving the challenger to foray forward by themself. Approaching the light, their challenger shakes in their very boots, the music is deafeningly loud, and adjusting from utter darkness to brightly flashing lights is a disorienting experience.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.

Still, climbing out from the door into Monolith Hall, the challenger finds themselves atop the stone pillar. Looking around, they find themselves in the center of a sea of rock-type Pokemon, roaring along with the hammering music into an assault of pure sound. A magnificent Bastiodon statue rises from one end of the flat surface, its jaw holding a stage with a live band and its forehead a wall covered in amps in stage lights. Monolith Hall itself seems to throb with the rumbling bass, and the roar of the crowd is in perfect synch. Upon seeing the challenger, the mob steps back slightly, leaving a ring around the challenger about ten meters in diameter. Still pumping to the beat, the crowd is eager for the fight to start.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.

Lee Straton, son of the legendary Bastiodon herder Don Straton, and rock-type gym leader, also appears to double as lead singer and guitarist. He pauses for a moment in his rocking and strikes an epic pose upon a stone pillar thrusting above the crowd.

Arena Effects:

-Permanent, Unchangeable HARD ROCK(Weather Rocks work).
-HARD ROCK functions similarly to Sandstorm, with a few minor exceptions. Rock-type Pokemon are accustomed to the ROCKIN SOUND, and therefore suffer no negative effects from it, including stuff such as Solarbeam and Morning Sun. Thanks to the existence of metal and grunge, steel- and ground-types still suffer no damage, but their Sand Veils, Sand Forces, and Sand Rushes are not activated (unless they are also a rock-type). In addition, other weathers happen in addition to the HARD ROCK, seeing as how it is not really a type of weather. Regular Sandstorm cannot be summoned.
-No external water
-No external grass
-Rock Slide ignores the damage reduction for multiple targets, and becomes 100% accurate
-All rock-types Pokemon gain Sturdy in addition to their regular abilities. If they already have Sturdy, this is replaced by Solid Rock. If they already have both, they are Carracosta and don’t need it.
Dropping my second match with Wanderer and taking Leet's test gym match.

2 subs
Items = On (I go hardcore)
2 recovers / 5 chills

One question though: does Air Lock/Cloud Nine/etc get rid of HARD ROCK?
Ref please?

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reffing ww and Leet @ above. PM me mons, and I'll ask questions in the thread if I have any (though if Leet allows me to reserve my right of discretion as a reff, I'll exercise it with utmost caution).

Flashie! with mystery opponent

2v2 Babysitter doubles
1 hour DQ
1 Sub
Items:Training
Arena: ASB
Abilities:All
NO recov/Chill
Switch=Darius winds up the guillotine

LF 1 more please!

Posting a challenge for 2 battlers who would like me to ref at arena:

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

Teleportation Corollary: If this arena is picked randomly as a result of arena effect, then the ref is free to generate up to three rules for the combatants to follow until a new arena is chosen.

I will be abusing the laws, so this is only for those who are open to this fact and want a challenge!

I'll officially take the role of challenger for Faylion's match.

3v3 Middle Cup Singles
1 day DQ
2 recover/5 chill
2 substitutions
Switch = KO
No Items
All Abilities

Arena: see above

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Gotta get some training in for 2 of my mons. I'll let you guess which 2.

3v3 LC Triples (positioning OFF)
2 subs
2/5 chills/recovers
Training items
All abilities
Unown Soup

Rufflet (M)
Adamant nature (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)
Type: Normal/Flying
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Keen Eye: (Innate) This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.

Sheer Force: (Can be enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Hustle: (DW) (Can be enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank total: 14

EC: 4/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Peck
Leer
Fury Attack
Wing Attack
Hone Claws
Scary Face
Aerial Ace
Slash
Sky Drop
Brave Bird
Thrash

Superpower
Tailwind
Heat Wave
Roost

Facade
Sky Drop
Shadow Claw

Ralts (M)
Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)
Type: Psychic
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison-types cannot be poisoned and Fire-types cannot be burned in this manner.
Trace: (Can be Activated) When entering into battle, this Pokemon can copy an ability on one of its opponents for 6 EN. The Ability remains on the Pokemon for six (6) actions. Trace can be reused with an action later in battle for 5 EN.Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Telepathy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple battles, which allows it to avoid taking damage from allied attacks that damage each foe or the entire field like Blizzard and Earthquake. They are still affected by an opponents spread damage attacks.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 0-
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 3+
Spe: 40
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 10

EC: 0/9
DW: 0/5

Attacks:
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Calm Mind

Destiny Bond
Disable
Encore

Hidden Power (Ice, 7)
Thunderbolt
Psyshock

Deino (F)
Naive nature (+15% Spe, +7% Acc, -1 SpD)
Type: Dark/Dragon
Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1-
Spe: 44+
Base Rank Total: 13

DC: N/A

Attacks:
Tackle
Dragon Rage
Focus Energy
Bite
Headbutt
Dragonbreath
Roar
Crunch

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang

Frustration
Return
Double Team

Accepting above! 2 recovers/5 chills

Also challenging Canis for his first battle!

3v3 LC Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Switch = KO
Items = Training (Don't worry about this)
ASB Arena
2 Substitutions

I think thats everything

Gotta get some training in for 2 of my mons. I'll let you guess which 2.

3v3 LC Triples (positioning OFF)
2 subs
2/5 chills/recovers
Training items
All abilities
Unown Soup

Rufflet (M)
Adamant nature (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)
Type: Normal/Flying
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Keen Eye: (Innate) This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.

Sheer Force: (Can be enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Hustle: (DW) (Can be enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60
Base Rank total: 14

EC: 4/6
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Peck
Leer
Fury Attack
Wing Attack
Hone Claws
Scary Face
Aerial Ace
Slash
Sky Drop
Brave Bird
Thrash

Superpower
Tailwind
Heat Wave
Roost

Facade
Sky Drop
Shadow Claw

Ralts (M)
Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)
Type: Psychic
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison-types cannot be poisoned and Fire-types cannot be burned in this manner.
Trace: (Can be Activated) When entering into battle, this Pokemon can copy an ability on one of its opponents for 6 EN. The Ability remains on the Pokemon for six (6) actions. Trace can be reused with an action later in battle for 5 EN.Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Telepathy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple battles, which allows it to avoid taking damage from allied attacks that damage each foe or the entire field like Blizzard and Earthquake. They are still affected by an opponents spread damage attacks.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 0-
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 3+
Spe: 40
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 10

DW: 0/5

Attacks:
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Calm Mind

Destiny Bond
Disable
Encore

Hidden Power (Ice, 7)
Thunderbolt
Psyshock

Deino (F)
Naive nature (+15% Spe, +7% Acc, -1 SpD)
Type: Dark/Dragon
Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1-
Spe: 44+
Base Rank Total: 13

DC: N/A

Attacks:
Tackle
Dragon Rage
Focus Energy
Bite
Headbutt
Dragonbreath
Roar
Crunch

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang

Frustration
Return
Double Team
I'll take your challenge, Geodude6. Just let me get my new Pokèmon from the battle I just won. :)

Now we just need a ref. :D

Open Challenge

3v3 Triples FE
2 Day DQ
1 Substitution
2/5 Chills/Recoveries
Arena: Center Stage

Description: This arena is a reasonably popular arena where crowds gather to see a different type of battle. You see, they don't want to see any standard issue stuff like at the ASB Arena, they want battles with flair, creative moves, and intensely close calls. As such, in this arena roleplaying actions are more likely to work. Additionally, the ref can modify the arena as he desires (within reason, no teleporting to another dimension) to either cause pain to the competitors or open up new roleplaying opportunities. For instance, he could have a tent appear over the competitors thus allowing them to use the poles to smack each other or even bring the tent down and muck everything up.

As for the arena itself, it's a fairly simple battlefield. The competitors are on the top of a platform about 50 ft in the air, surrounding a simple moat (though the ref can modify this as he so chooses). This platform is a square measuring about 50 yards on each side. The floor is white, although some grass covers the arena allowing Energy Ball and similar moves to work at full effectiveness. The arena is contained within a cavernous area, but the sun shines through the ceiling giving ample light. All moves are allowed.

Summary:
Roleplaying actions are easier to pull off
Referee can modify the arena within reason
All moves are allowed

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Open Challenge
3vs3 LC Doubles
Preferably monotype (I will be)
2 Day DQ
All abilities
ASB Arena
2 Subs per mon.
2 Chills / 0 Recovers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)