2 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
Items=On
Abilities=All
Arena: Top Secret

This arena is top secret. Also secret.

Effects:
  • All Normal types spend 1 less energy on all non-STAB moves.
  • [Tentative] All Pokemon are treated as though they have 1 less BRT when determining the effects of signature items.
  • If a Pokemon is forced out by a Switch-Forcing Move or a Red Card, that Pokemon's trainer can choose which Pokemon goes in next.
  • Ghost type Pokemon are always vulnerable to Normal and Fighting type attacks. However, said moves lose 2 Base Power unless the Pokemon also has Scrappy.
  • Forecast prevents the opposing Pokemon from changing the weather until the Forecast Pokemon leaves, unless said Pokemon holds a weather stone. In the event that both Pokemon have Forecast, both can use weather moves freely.
  • Ion Deluge and Electrify are banned.
Codifications:
  • Camouflage turns the Pokemon into a Normal Type
  • Secret Power has a 30% chance to Paralyze
  • Nature Power summons Tri Attack

Second, just a standard issue training match.

2v2 LC Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
Switch=N/A
Items=Training
Abilities=All
Arena: ASB Arena

QUEUE:
Mulan15262 vs Mowtom (4v4 NFE Triples)
Maxim vs. ??? (2v2 FE Singles)
Maxim vs. ??? (2v2 LC Doubles)

Accepting Maxim's Doubles match.

Queue:
Maxim vs. ??? (2v2 FE Singles)
Maxim vs. P2X7 (2v2 LC Doubles)

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I'll accept Maxim's singles match. Come at me, Castform!

QUEUE
Maxim vs. Geodude6 (2v2 FE Singles)
Maxim vs. P2X7 (2v2 LC Doubles

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Time for a so-called "serious match". Also putting up a not-so-serious one.

Open Challenge 1!
5v5 FE Doubles
3-day DQ
2 Substitutions
2/5 Recoveries / Chills
Arena = ASB Standard Arena

Open Challenge 2!
6v6 Triples (3 FE 3 NFE)
3-day DQ
2 Substitutions
2/5 Recoveries / Chills
Arena = Engineer Pikachu's Type Changing Arena
Arena: Type Changing Arena
Field Type: All Types
Complexity: Simple
Formats: All Formats

Restrictions: All moves are allowed.

Description:
It's the ASB standard arena, except somebody has implanted a strange device in the middle of the field! For the duration of the first round, this device is off. After the end of each round, though, it beeps and suddenly alters the elemental makeup of the arena, giving certain benefits to certain types and detriments to some other ones. Each time the makeup is altered, a random type is chosen. All attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for super-effective damage have 2 more BAP, while all attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for not very effective or zero damage have 2 less BAP. There is one exception to this rule; all attacking moves whose type matches that of the gem receive +3 BAP, disregarding the weakness bonuses and the resistance nerfs.

Summary: Certain types get buffed every round.

Queue:
Zt vs ??? (5v5 FE Doubles)

Challenging Frosty to a cool 3V3 FE Singles

3V3 FE Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
2/5 Recoveries/Chills

He can pick the arena if he wants one different than ASB Arena

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Challenging Frosty to a cool 3V3 FE Singles

3V3 FE Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
2/5 Recoveries/Chills

He can pick the arena if he wants one different than ASB Arena
Accepting.

Items: All
Megas: 0
Stuff: standard
Arena:

Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Eh, whatever
No Restrictions on anything

Here at the magical type shop, Mr.Heefloot sells many strange and mystical devices. Within these seemingly ordinary devices, a great power is contained, so great that it is even capable of changing the types of Pokemon! For a meager price of less than nothing, Mr.Heefloot is glad to rent these items out to budding trainers for the duration of a battle in his yard. He just loves seeing small creatures crushed by Shieldons! His yard is rather regular, covered in grass and with a small pond nearby, so there are no move restrictions.

The arena is nothing special, but Mr.Heefloot will gladly give one of his precious seventeen items away to a Pokemon at the start of a battle, adding an additional type to them! For example, if the Fairy Wings are given to a Shieldon, then it would be counted for purposes of STAB, type resistances, etc. as a Rock/Steel/Flying type! Just to clear some stuff up, Mr.Heefloot says a Rock/Steel/Dark type is considered 8x weak to Fighting attacks (for an ASB modifier of 3.0), and a Water/Ice/Fire type is 8x resistant to Ice attacks (for an ASB modifier of .29). In addition, a Pokemon may take an item of a type they already are. For example Conkeldurr can go ahead and grab a Super Karate Black Belt to gain double the STAB bonus on fighting-attacks, but also doubling his weaknesses! Only one of each item can be attached per battle, and they do not take up the regular hold item a Pokemon usually has. Here is the list of items, have fun incorporating them into your flavor refs!

Exceptionally Ordinary Something-or-other: This something-or-other has a habit of somewhat normalizing the Pokemon that somehow manages to wear or use it or something like that. Nobody really knows, its just kind of really ordinary and regular and stuff.
Super Karate Black Belt: This black belt is extremely empowering, and instantly gives any Pokemon that wears it the fighting prowess of Jet Lee, Chuck Norris, Yip-man, and Sawk combined! "Be wary of flying feet and fists," it says on the genuine label.
Fairy Wings: Though these wings may just look like they were ripped off of some five-year old's Halloween costume, they are genuine fairy wings. Easily super-glued on to even the most resistant of Pokemon, it grants them the ability to soar around like the average flying-type.
Hive Mind: A small and insectoid brain in a jar, the trainer applies this item by deftly lobotomizing their Pokemon and replacing their frontal lobes with this. The Pokemon is then conquered by a strange alien hive race, and begins acting far more buggy than usual.
Rotten Flower: With on whiff of this disgusting flower, any Pokemon becomes capable of spewing out toxic, poisonous goop like no other. It really is that disgusting. Trainers are suggested to wear gas masks around this item.
Prickly Rose: To apply the powers of this item, the trainer simply slaps their Pokemon silly with it. Eventually, the thorny flower will cause a puncture wound, and its grassy juices with enter the Pokemon's bloodstream. Often, the Pokemon will have a habit of lying around inactively in the sun shortly after being Roseified. Studies are inconclusive on whether this is due to photosynthesis or blood loss.
Scuba Flippers: Just stick these finely-crafted flippers onto any Pokemon's feet, and they'll be swiftly swimming through any drizzle! Instantly gain access to water sources like never before! Note: not proven to work on Pokemon without feet; Mr.Heefloot suggests jamming the flippers on the Pokemon's head.
Torch: Light up your favorite pal, and voila! Instant fire-type!
Mad Scientist Goggles: Equip these stereotypical goggles to a Pokemon, and watch as their fur/hair/scales/shield-faces becomes instantly frazzled by electricity! Soon, they'll be conducting dangerous experiments with Frankensteins and Tesla coils! They grow up so fast...
Refrigerator: Often used in haikus, fridges apparently have another use! Stick this smaller version on top of a Pokemon's head, and they'll be calling Blizzards down upon the battle. It's a wonder what a little bit of chilled ice can do for someone!
Bastiodon Skeleton: Unfortunately, not all Bastiodon fossils were in a good enough condition to resurrect. So, Mr.Heefloot hoarded them, and will gladly preform a rough full skeleton transplant with any brave Pokemon. The sturdy bones of the tough Bastiodon imbue the the patient with rock-hard skin.
Model Train (1:2 scale): When a Pokemon conducts this half-size train, they barely even need their own powers anymore! Honestly, do they really need to use wimpy Pokemon moves when they can just crush their opponent beneath a steel train?
Shovel: As Diglett and Dugtrio show, all you need to be a ground-type is live halfway underground! The shovel makes this unusually tough change much easier.
Gypsy Tent: A Pokemon walks into this gypsy tent a simple Pokemon, and out comes a mystical psychic mind-reader, fully equipped with spoons, crystal globes, and tarot reading skills.
Rusty Ghostbuster: Even Mr.Heefloot doesn't know he managed to acquire this antique, but he does know how it works. Just give it a little kick, and out comes a wicked ghost, eager to posses the nearest Pokemon!
Ominous Hood: When hiding behind this dark, shrouded hood, a Pokemon seems to become evil and wicked, no matter how nice it usually is. It just seems to bring out the worst in everyone. Extended exposure is not suggested.
Master Ball: Everybody knows that legendary dragons belong in Master Balls! So, Mr.Heefloot will gladly allow your Pokemon to sit in this legendary pokeball for a couple minutes, giving them the power of the dragons that used to call it home! Note: Mr.Heefloot does not guarantee the release of your Pokemon, especially if they are a well-trained strongmon.
Gold Tiara: blah blah blah Fairy Type

Queue:
The Royal Guard vs Frosty (3vs3 FE Singles at Heefloot's Magical Shop)

What's this? Wanderer's running another plot battle?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYUP.

Is this the long-awaited continuation of the assassination arc?!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOPE. With that accursed flaming reminder that you're single/excuse to mortgage your house and blow it on your girlfriend coming next week, I've decided to continue another arc!

THEY CAME IN DROVES

HELLO. I AM A ROBOT. WE DO NOT WANT YOUR MERCHANDISE.

WE BARELY DEFEATED THEM

Interesting. So their Achilles' Heel is oriental popular music.

BUT JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO ANSWER THE DOOR...

Ugh, who could it be at this hour?

THEY HAVE COME TO HUNT YOU DOWN ONCE MORE

Hi! I'm a representative of Vendeur Brand Purses! With Valentine's Day just around the corner, wouldn't it be great if you could get your wife a-

OH GOD NO THEY'RE BACK!

...AND SELL YOU WOMEN'S ACCESSORIES.

RAAAAAAAAAAGH! *Chucks an I-beam at a horde of salesmen*

BUTCH WALDSTEIN

Impossible! I thought we had felled them yesteryear!

ALPHONSE
WELLINGHAM GEORGINGTON
VON PRETENTIAL III

Hidoi yo! You're all super hidoi yo! ;_;

SUPER KAWAII
YUME NEKO TENSHI
MOE-TAN

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks!

AND
WEENA MERCATOR
AS THE HOPPING WOMAN

IN...

Dameeeeeeeee! >_< They're all around us!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THE
COUSIN TWICE REMOVED
OF
VENDEUR BRAND PURSES:
THE SOLICITING

The price is negotiable!

ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE
THIS VALENTINE'S DAY
6v6 FE doubles
2 subs
1 mega
2 day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills
Items: OK
Switch: OK
Abilities: All
ASB Arena

Jesus Christ this line is middling:
THE COUSIN TWICE REMOVED OF VENDEUR BRAND PURSES: THE SOLICITING (??? vs. ???, 6v6 FE doubles, Reffed by The Wanderer)

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
That looks incredible. And I have a free slot. In.

Qeueu:
THE COUSIN TWICE REMOVED OF VENDEUR BRAND PURSES: THE SOLICITING (Mowtom vs. ???, 6v6 FE doubles, Reffed by The Wanderer)

I'm not dead. Yay.

6v6 Family Singles (2FE 4 NFE/LC)
dual wield (training item + mega stone) [if applicable] (1 mega)
standard recoveries and chills
asb arena
switch = ko
all abilities
3 day dq

queue
THE COUSIN TWICE REMOVED OF VENDEUR BRAND PURSES: THE SOLICITING (Mowtom vs. ???, 6v6 FE doubles, Reffed by The Wanderer)
family 6v6 singles weatherofchoice vs ??? ref:???

Hey Wanderer can I jump in that match ;w;

THE COUSIN TWICE REMOVED OF VENDEUR BRAND PURSES: THE SOLICITING (Mowtom vs. The Royal Guard, 6v6 FE doubles, Reffed by The Wanderer)
family 6v6 singles weatherofchoice vs ??? ref:???

Accepting Weatherofchoice's challenge

Queue:
THE COUSIN TWICE REMOVED OF VENDEUR BRAND PURSES: THE SOLICITING (Mowtom vs. The Royal Guard, 6v6 FE doubles, Reffed by The Wanderer)
weatherofchoice vs Gale Wing Srock ref:??? (family 6v6 singles)
GX Prodigy vs ??? (3v3 LC Beginner Singles, Switch = KO, Items = OFF)

Taking ZTs Doubles

Zt vs The Royal Guard (5v5 FE Doubles)

Putting up a challenge for 7v7 Triples (3 FE, 1 NFE, 3 LC) [Max Ice Types = 2] [Max Moves per mon = 40]
Items = On (Can choose between Training Items, Berries or Battle Items)
Switch = OK
DQ = 4 Days [5 Days for Ref]
4 Recoveries and 7 Chills per team
Abilities = All
Mega = None
7 Substitutions per team (Excluding KO subs)
Arena: Northbrook Island Harbor aka Waterwarrior's Ice Gym Arena
Arena: Northbrook Island Harbour
"Ugh, I've been on this lousy ship for almost five hours now. When are we-"
Your boat comes to a stop. You've finally arrived at your destination. You step out of the slightly dilapidated ship, pay the captain your fare with a half-mumbled thank you, and walk towards the end of the dock. You've heard of a Gym here, and you need to get closer to that Victini, so here you are, wearing 4 layers of clothing and still cold. There's snow all around covering the ground, but there seems to be a path that leads off somewhere into the distance. You look at the captain and confusedly point to it, and the captain slowly nods his head. You shrug and begin down the path.

Approximately a half-mile down the road, you spot a figure, but you swear it has to be an illusion. It looks like a young man walking towards you, but that can't be. Wearing just a sweatshirt over a t-shirt and a pair of jeans in the middle of the Arctic Circle? That's crazy! However, as you approach him, you see that he is in fact real, and it looks like he's actually out for a stroll with a Weavile, obviously his partner.

The strange man looks at you and speaks, in a loud and clear voice, "Hey there! I don't exactly get many people here, and this isn't exactly what you'd call a scenic sight, so I'm guessing you're here for the Gym?" You start to answer, but he cuts you off, saying "No need to answer that. Even my own mother wouldn't pay me a visit out here if she wasn't gonna battle me. Name's waterwarrior by the way. Yes, yes, I know that it's kinda funny that that's my name and I'm the Ice Gym leader, but once you heard how I got that name... nah, you probably don't care in the slightest. Another time maybe. Well, better make this battle worth it then, amiright?"

After walking for about five minutes and chatting with the leader, you come across a small patch of land with a white fence around it. The leader stops and takes a deep breath, but you almost keep going, almost not seeing the arena at all. The gym leader steps over the little fence and walks over to the other side of the field. You look at the field and see the regulation field- two semi-circles in the areas where the trainers stand and a Poké Ball in the middle of the field. Both of you get ready, and waterwarrior raises his hand to the sky and cries out "All right! Let's break the ice!"

Suddenly, a flurry of hail descends on the battlefield. You know this battle won't be easy, but there's no backing out now!
  • Natural weather is Hail with permanent duration. If Rain is summoned, the weather becomes Sleet for the duration of Rain. Sleet has both the combined effects of Hail and Rain. If Sun or Sandstorm is summoned without the respective weather stone, the weather becomes clear for 2 rounds before reverting back to Hail. Sun and Sandstorm overwrite Hail and lasts 3 rounds if summoned with the respective weather stone before reverting back to Hail.
  • Obviously waterwarrior has to eat while up here, and he's willing to share his snacks with both you and your Pokemon. Both players may select a berry from a gym-provided list to give to their Pokemon in addition to a normal held item. (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Leppa, Lum, Oran, Persim, Figy, Wiki, Mago, Aguav, Iapapa, Sitrus, Razz, Occa, Chople, Charti, Babiri) One berry may be chosen per Pokemon. No Pokemon can be holding two berries in this way. Knock Off removes both the normal held item and the berry from the target. If a Trick user is holding an Expert Belt/Cheri Berry and the target is holding a Life Orb/Occa Berry, the trick user may exchange both items for both items, the Expert Belt for the Life Orb, or the Cheri Berry for the Occa Berry, but NOT the Expert Belt for the Occa Berry or the Cheri Berry for the Life Orb
  • The extreme cold makes it hard for Pokemon to play pretend with their abilities (even Ice types), so the move Skill Swap has no effect and Role Play only lasts for 3 actions.
  • There is no external grass, but there is a small pool of water and a pile of rocks in the arena, so moves requiring external water/rocks can be used.
  • Nature Power calls Ice Beam, Camouflage grants Ice typing, Secret Power may Freeze.

Queue:
Gale Wing Srock vs ??? | Ref: ???( 7v7 Family Triples; Specific Rules )

Last edited:
Taking WeatherOfChoice vs Gale Wing Srock. Send.

And now that I finally have my own mons to work with again...

Issuing my own challenges
Two 2v2 Beginner Singles battles.
One 2v2 Weakmon Babysitter Singles (move pool < 40, 1FE 1LC).
All of them: Standard rules, Training Items, Switch=OK, DQ=36hours Hard Deadline

Queue:
Gale Wing Srock vs ??? | Ref: TSRD ( 7v7 Family Triples; Specific Rules )
TSRD vs ??? | Ref: ??? (2v2 Beginner Singles)
TSRD vs ??? | Ref: ??? (2v2 Weakmon Babysitter Singles)

Last edited:
lol TSRD is doing beginner matches.

Been a long time since I posted here, but what the heck.

Open Challenge

2v2 FE Singles
Items: Training
ASB Arena
Chills/Recoveries: 5/2
1 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
0 Megas
Anything else I've forgotten is standard

Open Challenge

2v2 Babysitter (1 FE, 1 NFE) Doubles
Items: Training
ASB Arena
Chills/Recoveries 5/2
1 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
0 Megas
Anything else I've forgotten is standard

Also reffing Maxim vs P2X7 ; send in whenever is convenient.

Queue:
GX Prodigy vs Birkal (3v3 LC Beginner Singles, Switch = KO, Items = OFF)
S0L1D G0LD vs ??? (2v2 FE Singles)
S0L1D G0LD vs ??? (2v2 Babysitter [1 FE, 1 NFE] Doubles)

It's not my fault they're called beginner matches, it's just a shorthand for freshly bought mons.

And hey, these are like my 5th-7th normal matchs so I am still a beginner... Kinda.
I always thought beginner applied to the first fight, at most the first three, or even had something to do with the skill of the player, but whatever; I don't want to intrude. Enjoy your fights man.
Queue:
GX Prodigy vs ??? (3v3 LC Beginner Singles, Switch = KO, Items = OFF) (Ref: Birkal)
S0L1D G0LD vs ??? (2v2 FE Singles)
S0L1D G0LD vs ??? (2v2 Babysitter [1 FE, 1 NFE] Doubles)

Last edited:
I always thought beginner applied to the first fight, at most the first three, or even had something to do with the skill of the player, but whatever; I don't want to intrude. Enjoy your fights man.
I'm not mad or anything, just letting you know. The rules for what constitutes a "Beginners Match" are on the first page. It actually is entirely possible for a brand new player to picked mons who can't take part in a "Beginners Match".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)