BDSP Battle Tower Discussion & Records

Are the 60 SpAtk EVs for any specific OHKOs at +6, or did you pull the EV spread from the Sw/Sh Calm Mind set? I wonder the latter because it lists 60 Speed EVs there instead of 60 SpAtk EVs but otherwise looks the same. Over there, the Speed EVs were for outspeeding Corviknight, but that's not a concern with only the original 493 available in BD/SP, but I figure I'd ask in order to get a head start on any specific EV'ing for the Tower.

I was considering messing with an Unaware Calm Mind Clefable somewhere; has Magic Guard been very useful for you on your CM set?
60 SpA (well technically 44 SpA so maybe that's better) basically guarantees a 2HKO on DD-Multiscale Dragonite at +0, which is probably the most important MU here (DD mons in general are a problem for my team). Less relevant but still useful are OHKO-ing all Breloom variants at +0, Offensive Lucario at +2, 3HKO-ing +4 Bold CM/Rest Suicune (so that it can't rest stall you forever), and a few more things. I'm not sure 60 is the perfect number necessarily, but it also let me be lazy w/ EV training since I could use 26 HP Ups, 6 Calciums and then rest Irons. In hindsight, I'd probably drop something for at least 4 speed EVs just to creep other base 60s (Sheer Cold Lapras and some Abomasnow w/ Blizzard Freezes being the most relevant here)

Unaware vs Magic Guard is interesting - DD mons are somewhat a problem for the team so Unaware helps a lot there though I think Clef has a favorable MU vs all the DD-ers except Gyarados after I had to drop TBolt, but MG has been useful vs various Toxics, Leech Seeds and especially Scald burns (a lot of bulky waters are setup fodder) as well as stalling out weather (Hail for Snow Cloaks, Sand for Sand Veil Chomp), and given how many free recovery turns you get with Wish/Protect it can be pretty meaningful.

Last edited:
Has anyone built a team with speed boost blaziken in mind? It should be possible with the ability patch, it should preform much better than infernape with that ability I'd think

105 win streak so far with this team. Almost got battle tower'd against Palmer 2 when I switched Heatran into Regigigas' Ice Punch and stayed frozen for 5 turns until he got knocked out. Garchomp ran it back with +2 Outrage on his last 7 HP though.

Garchomp Jolly @ Lum Berry
31/31/31/x/31/31
252atk, 252spd, 4hp

Outrage
Bulldoze (couldn't afford earthquake lol)
Swords Dance
Iron Head

Heatran Modest @ Choice Scarf

252 sp atk, 252 spd, 4 HP
31/x/very good/31/very good/31

Flamethrower
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse
Earth Power

Wash Rotom Modest @ Choice Specs
31/x/31/31/31/31
252 sp atk, 252 spd, 4 sp def

Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Hydro Pump
Trick

Having a ton of fun playing this game! This is the first time I've built a competitive team since the original games were out and I love how accessible good stats are now. Good luck to everyone playing the tower :)

Last edited:
I got master rank 10 in doubles with this team, I had one loss around rank 7 to Myron and Jane's sun team, I got owned by chlorophyll sleep powder Venusaur and then near the very end the -3 attack Rhyperior crit and ohkoed salamence. Otherwise pretty smooth climb, I did a lot of it with some very bad ivs and nature (Stantler was 4/29/4/30/14/11, Milotic was Hasty, Salamence was Relaxed) but near the very end everything was maxed out to what they were intended to be.

Stantler @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Lunge
- Trick Room
- Entrainment
- Protect

The whole idea behind this team was me trying to make competitive forcefully trigger, I thought bulldoze would do it and I was really disappointed it didn't work that way, but then I was like wait, what if I force them to intimidate me? Stantler is the only pokemon with intimidate and skill swap/entrainment so I need to use him, but actually his movepool grants him lunge and trick room also, which are incredibly useful moves and gives him a lot of options to choose from. I can choose to entrainment the enemy and trigger competitive to sweep with Milotic or I can switch out Milotic into Regigigas and entrainment him, which gets rid of slow start and re-triggers intimidate again leaving them at -2 attack. I can also just rotate intimidates by swapping between Stantler and Salamence. I originally wanted to run Chople Berry but Sitrus might be better tbh and I couldn't find it ingame lol.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 11 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Light Screen
- Recover

The only good pokemon this gen with Competitive, I also wanted to try Wigglytuff but I knew Milotic was better so I made this first. It has just enough power to barely OHKO most things at +2 and it's just incredibly bulky. I tried a bunch of different movesets with Protect and Light Clay but I'm confident this is best.

Regigigas @ Lum Berry
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Crush Grip
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Protect

I couldn't really know this before I theory crafted this team, but I'm actually pretty confident now that Slaking is better than Regigigas unfortunately. In this version of tower I don't really see protect that often, and all you really need to do is prioritize whatever enemy trainer side is weakest to turn it into a 2v1 as quickly as possible. If you can turn it into a 2v1 then it doesn't really matter if you're slacking off. There are times when trick room is up and Stantler and Regigigas are on the field and I have to throw out some weak attack with slow start Regigigas before I can entrainment it away and that would never be a problem with Slaking. Also crush grip is a pretty wack move, if something is around half I have to start hammer arming instead lol. It is very satisfying to Crush Grip and OHKO Raikou/Zapdos/Latios but I think I'm gonna end replacing this guy for Slaking.

Salamence @ Draco Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Outrage
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower

This was originally filler because it was one of the first things I happened to ev train, but it actually has very good synergy with the rest of the team. One thing you may not have noticed about this team is that everyone's speed is pretty mediocre and very close together 105/101/120/108, so theyre all on one side of the fence vs slow or fast pokemon, which makes trick room actually even more powerful. Salamence just has big stats and a great ability and doesn't really do anything that special but I actually couldn't think of anything better tbh. His moveset and item feel very wrong, in particular Fly but I don't think anything else is that great.

I had a lot of fun with this tower, I'm gonna try and play a bit more and begin my singles climb soon.

Welp... I was just in the second Palmer battle in Singles Normal. I beat his Heatran, I beat his Regigigas and then... Cresselia. I never saw this Pokemon getting the better of me. What a feeling to take the time to win 48 battles just to lose to the very last Pokemon. Do I have to do this shit again now? I'm so frustrated I don't know if I want to do this again.

Here's what I've been using in doubles with great success, current streak of 63:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Focal point of the team. Classic Belly Drum set up next to togekiss, aqua jet anything that doesn't resist it, rinse and repeat. Focus down one side at a time to get to a 2v1 as quick as possible. Play rough helps with dragons. Superpower for Blissey and things that don't get one shot by aqua jet like Torterra.

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Yawn
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam

Support for Togekiss. Usually survives 2 hits on turn one with Follow Me, but even if it doesn't, fake out/focus sash raichu is able to keep Azu alive for multiple turns. Yawning the off-target is great in certain scenarios when there's no threat of Azu getting KO'd. Rarely use damaging moves but they've been useful in some situations. When building this team initially, the only times I would lose are on random freezes/paralysis/sleeps on Togekiss so I threw on a lum berry and haven't looked back.

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Always the first switch in when Togekiss goes down. I decided on a physical set because the majority of the time I'm using fake out/nuzzle for support to keep Azul alive. Thunderbolt still does solid damage to water types when needed. Ideally this raichu would be Lightening Rod to deal with electric moves but I don't have the HA yet and honestly it hasn't been an issue. Grass knot is great for rhyperior/golem etc.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw

For clean up if Azu goes down. Can set up a swords dance even when facing an Ice beam thanks to Yache berry, and can out-speed almost anything the next turn while next to Raichu with nuzzle. Poison jab has been invaluable against fairies, Ludicolo, etc.

image_6483441.JPG

I've been struggling in this Battle Tower. Past 2 days I've been pretty much hardstuck on Ranks 7-10.

I used most of Jinrou's team. I used Dragonite for a while but got destroyed too much by OHKO's from Articuno, Lapras and Ninetails, and figured the best solution was Garchomp with sub.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Rough Skin
Jolly
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Suicune @ Leftovers
Inner Focus
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
Bold
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Scizor @ Silver Powder
Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Most recent demote happened against Volkner Team #2. I have no idea what to do against Zapdos-11 with this team.

Any advice would be appreciated, but I think I should just take a break - been grinding this Tower like crazy the past few days.

I'm not quite at the point where I'm ready to actually start the Battle Tower yet, but I've been watching some streams and keeping up with this thread while theorycrafting on the back burner. I will say that I have not looked at the spreadsheets for mons at all yet, either.

The team comps seem to focus on having 2-3 setup mons with recovery w/ Scizor and Suicune seeing significant success.

That being said, I'm seeing a lot of people talking about how OHKO moves & Evasion are plaguing runs. Seems like plenty of folks are looking into Magnezone already, but I'm interested in Skarmory.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Drill Peck
- Payback
- Curse
- Roost

Haven't run Calcs or anything yet, burn or para can be a problem. I feel like it has significant staying power and can likely setup on a lot of mons.

Running Skarmory > Scizor does open up a significant electric weakness if the other setup mon is Suicune. Because of this, I was looking at other potential setup partners. I started with other rest users and came up with:

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Rest

or

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
- Facade
- Crunch
- Curse
- Rest

Again, haven't done calcs or anything yet but I'm curious what people have for opinions on whether either of these mons are looking into for Rest users. Snorlax has more bulk, of course, but Machamp contributes No Guard to the team.

Now, of course, both are physical attackers as well as Skarmory, so I'm hesitant to use Garchomp as my attacker/lead and make the whole team physical. Luckily, Lati@s exist and are great CM users.

Latios (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic/Stored Power
- Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover

I feel like Lati is somewhat more susceptible to status, especially Para, than Chomp but I like that it's a special attacker. Ultimately, I feel like it pairs better with Magnezone than Skarm though, so you can Volt into Champ/Lax to aid their setup.

I know a lot of this is pretty jumbled and lacking in calcs/experience, but any constructive or critical input is welcome.

TL;DR:
Thinking about two different comps;
Garchomp / Skarmory / Suicune
Magnezone / Latios / Machamp OR Snorlax

Last edited:
So I got a 100 win streak in masters singles.

Current team:

Magnezone @ Custap Berry
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
Modest, Sturdy
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Metal Sound

Summary: from TheReflexWonder’s team (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bdsp-battle-tower-discussion-records.3693739/post-9040109), except Thunder Wave is replaced by Metal Sound. The fourth moveslot on Magnezone feels like a free slot, and there are some unusual scenarios where clicking Metal Sound makes sense (e.g. to avoid getting Sucker Punched twice). Also, Sturdy is nice to avoid getting hit by an OHKO and frees a move slot that would have gone into Substitute (not to mention avoiding OHKO accuracy hacks).

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
EVs: 36 HP/4 Def/252 Atk/4 SpDef/212 Spe
Adamant, Multiscale
-Outrage
-Safeguard
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Summary: from Jinrou’s team (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bdsp-battle-tower-discussion-records.3693739/post-9043972), except Substitute is replaced by Safeguard. Substitute may be better, but only if you can keep it up. Safeguard also stops Flame Body and Static procs.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
Bold, Sap Sipper
-Perish Song
-Protect
-Rest
-Scald

Summary: maximum investment in defense allows Azumarill to survive the plethora of physical attackers in the Battle Tower meta, including Dragonite, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Scizor ... the list goes on. Perish Song puts a timer on any attacker to limit set up potential, and Protect allows you to survive until you switch out. Rest is needed to beat certain stalling mons and to get another life if it is low. It is also RNG resistant, since you can’t be frozen on the turn you wake up and you can immediately click Rest. Scald provides some damage and allows you to burn certain targets to guarantee kills in the long-term, and it thaws out Azu when it does get frozen (it happens a lot). Sap Sipper is extremely important in turning 1-on-1 matchups from losses into wins (Breloom, Leafeon, Abomasnow ...) and taking Grass type moves in general. Very few pokemon run Freeze-Dry, and the ones that do can be beat by the rest of the team.

Tough matchups: Electric types can be a little tough for this team, as well as certain mons with Poison type moves. Mons that have Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower require a lot of management, and you might need to prepare Dragonite with a Dragon Dance to deal with those. Finally, offensive mons with Bright Powder or Lax Incense (Porygon-Z, Raikou, Gengar) can be a lot of trouble, so some matchups are not guaranteed.

Overall, understanding good switch matchups and switch mechanics is a must for this team, and you take advantage of the immunities on this team to pivot into the right matchup. Perish Song is the single most important move for this entire team, so it helps to learn how to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
I have been having some good Master Rank doubles succes, in rank 8 now with 1 loss in rank 1.
So I thought what I'm using now since it's pretty solid now.
EDIT: Beat Master Rank 10 with this.

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Nuzzle
- Fake Out
Raichu assists Cloyster setting up by Faking Out the bigger threat, then paralyzes and attacks as needed. The AI doesn't always seem to understand Lightning Rod, which also helps.
Speed is to outspeed Garchomp by 2 points (as to not speed tie with Latios, can be dropped 8 evs if you're not using Latios)
Thunderbolt isn't ridiculously strong but creates a boltbeam-ish combo with Icicle Spear, Grass Knot is coverage for ground types. Ohkos Golems and 2hkos Regirocks.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 28 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Ice Shard
- Shell Smash
Cloyster does what Cloyster does best; Set up Shell Smash and spam Icicle Spear.
Speed is to outspeed even Ninjask unboosted after Shell Smash, might drop it to Electrode's level.
I wish it got a better accuracy water move than Razor Shell, but this is the only physical water move it gets. Alternatively Poison Jab could be considered, I guess? But that makes you even weaker to steel types.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
Heatran is fairly straightforward, it just clicks strong special attacks while being immune to fire. Again, the AI doesn't always avoid hitting Flash Fire.
Initially I had Heat Wave but since it's not 100% accuracy I dropped it for the more consistent Flamethrower.
Speed is to outspeed base 70s and Honchkrow. Shuca Berry lets you more reliably face ground type mons, as well as 1v1 opposing Heatrans.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 28 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Luster Purge
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
Latios has gone through a lot of iterations. Psychic may be preferred over Luster Purge, I wish it got Psyshock. I'm using Luster Purge to avoid an endgame where I have to fight Blissey with two special mons, since Luster Purge has a 50% chance to drop SpDef.
Speed, again, is to outspeed Garchomp. HP is to get to 159 to minimize % Life Orb damage.
The moveset has also gone through a lot of iterations. This team can struggle a bit against dark types with Sucker Punch, so you may want to use Thunderbolt for Honchkrows. Ice Beam is also solid.
I got to this because grass covers ground and water types and felt like Energy Ball overlapped a lot with Thunderbolt, whereas Shadow Ball covers ghost and opposing psychic Pokémon.
A lot of preference goes into Latios moveset, it's mostly used for lategame cleanup duty. Another option could be to swap out Latios for Gengar with a similar moveset.

I might make some changes to specific EVs and maybe moves later, but I feel like this is a solid, straightforward team without many gimmicks.

Last edited:
Alright, managed to hit 105 with this last night so I wanted to post about it. It's boring, old rain but I've been finding it pretty fun. Anyway, let's begin....

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: HT/xx/HT/HT/HT/HT
Mild Nature (minted to Modest)
- Brine
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect

This Pelipper was kindly donated to me by Eisenherz. It's pretty much just a standard Pelipper, so nothing too special about it. Brine is great for finishing off bulkier targets such as Cresselia, Regigigas, Regice, etc. Hurricane is 100% accurate in Rain, blah, blah, blah. Tailwind can be a bit awkward to use sometimes since Pelipper is slow and will most likely take a bad hit trying to set it but it's almost always worth so. Focus Sash makes it great bait too. I mean, it's Pelipper. There really isn't much else to say except that's it's pretty damn good thanks to Drizzle.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/xx/31/HT/HT/31
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Shadow Ball

First off, Raikou is no Tapu Koko. Raikou still hits pretty damn hard but it can't quite OHKO everything. Thunder is the main bread and butter here as it hits incredibly hard and is of course, 100% accurate in rain. Bright Powder? What's that? Double Team? Yeah, right. Raikou has some problems breaking bulkier foes down sometimes but having Pelipper use Brine is usually more than enough to pick up KOs. One of the biggest buffs to Raikou comes in the form of Scald. Raikou was gifted this wonderful move back in SwSh and it kept it here in BDSP. I was a little doubtful at first but it's proven itself useful for handling annoying Ground-types that Raikou normally wouldn't be able to handle. Shadow Ball is here as it's Raikou's best 4th attack. I was originally gonna replace it with Aura Sphere once Home was updated but that's not going to happen for a while. Besides, I've been quite liking Shadow Ball as it helps deal with the Lati@s and such.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 84 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 164 Spe
IVs: 31/xx/HT/HT/HT/HT
Quirky Nature (minted to Modest)
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This Kingdra was also donated to me by Eisenherz. Kingdra's pretty great, although it does feel a little weak at times even with the Life Orb. It's EV'd to outspeed everything up to Scarf Salamence in Rain, without Tailwind. With Tailwind, however, it does outspeed everything in the Tower. Scald and Dragon Pulse are main STABS and there isn't much to say about them. Ice Beam, however, is ass. I wish Kingdra had access to Hurricane right now.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Atk / 12 Def / 220 SpD / 68 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Substitute
- Protect

Finally, we have Gliscor. Bit of an odd choice for a Rain team, but it's been working out pretty well. The spread comes from this Josh C. team over on the Tree Leaderboard. My plan was to update the spread as the streak continues but so far, I haven't really needed to do that. It takes neutral hits with ease and can stall pretty well. It's also a great switch-in for Ground and Electric-type attacks targeted at either of the leads. However, I think the most notable thing here is Fling. As of right now, Gliscor can't learn Toxic in BDSP. So, I had some trouble what I would want over it. Level 51 said Fling could work so I slapped it on there and it kinda does? I mean, I'd much rather have Toxic since I can use that multiple times but Fling is pretty nice for the little damage it does. Since the BDSP Battle Tower teams are all preset and you already know the whole team based on the trainer name and leads, it's pretty easy to figure out when Fling would be best used. Earthquake is pretty good damage as well if needed.

And that's it for now. I've been having a bit of fun with this team so far and I'm hoping it can get far.

Last edited:
IMG-8402.jpg

Since I'm a glutton for punishment I decided my first 'real' streak attempt would be using only things I obtained/bred on my own cartridge. Ironically this led me to a slight variation of the same team I first used playing Battle Arcade on a ROM last year. Gyarados is probably the fastest Pokemon to breed, and Blissey and Drapion don't need flawless IVs to do their job with Intimidate support. It turns out, however, they do need maxed out PP now that we can face opponents who have theirs maxed as well; so far Masters has been easier than Classic once I had enough BP/Pickup farming to get enough PP Ups for my stallers. I just got to rank 10 with the only loss coming the first battle against Rank 9 Cynthia.

Of course she had the team with the Inner Focus Lucario lead. Gyarados DDs turn 1, Lucario Close Combats, then Gyarados Waterfalls for the KO. I originally planned to DD twice, do what it could to Garchomp before getting KOed, have Drapion finish off Garchomp, and then win unless Togekiss flinched Blissey like 9 times in a row, but I chickened out about getting crit by the 2nd Close Combat and then picked off with Bullet Punch.

Garchomp (Sashed with SD-EQ-Outrage-Stone Edge) comes in and Gyarados is at just enough HP for a minimum roll Stone Edge to KO. So I've got a pretty good plan here to switch in Drapion and take the Stone Edge, which will bring it into Earthquake KO range so I can go back to Gyarados, and then at -1 it will be likely to SD or at least Gyarados can survive a non-crit Stone Edge and Roar it out for Scarf Togekiss, which in a previous battle locked into Grass Knot against Gyarados - free Drapion setup.

Instead, leave it to me to get screwed over by an opponent's miss. Drapion is not in Earthquake KO range so Garchomp SDs on the switch back to Gyarados. I go back to Drapion on the Edge that hits this time, back to Gyarados on EQ, and it Stone Edge crits as I try to Roar it out. At this point my best hope is to Minimize with Blissey and try to cheese it with evasion and maybe Outrage confusion, but +0 Garchomp promptly SDs and then crit KOs.

Gyarados @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spe
IVs: 31/'pretty good'/31/x/'very good'/31
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Scary Face
- Roar

It's got Intimidate, resists Fighting, is immune to Ground, and I have Brilliant Diamond so I wasn't using Salamence. The moveset leaves a lot to be desired, but by and large it's just using Roar against troublesome attack-boosting or OHKO leads and switching in and out until Drapion or Blissey can set up. Focus Sash lets it try to do at least one thing against OHKO users (I had a real fun one where Drifblim BPed +2 evasion to Sub/Protect/EQ/Guillotine Gliscor where Blissey stalled Gliscor out of all but 2 Guillotines so I figured I could switch back into Gyarados and maybe try actually getting a sweep, and of course it got hit by both Guillotines). It also helps in situations where Blissey has to KO the lead and there's something like DD Tyranitar that will come out 2nd; if the 3rd Pokemon is something Blissey handles, I can just spam Seismic Toss against the physical threat until Blissey is unsubbed and in KO range, sacrifice Drapion, and then have Gyarados take a hit and finish it off with Waterfall.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Timid
Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 Spe
IVs: 31/x/29/x/30/26
- Substitute
- Minimize
- Soft-boiled
- Seismic Toss

Even without the Eviolite, it still grinds the battle to a halt against so many opponents (a pat on the tail for effort goes to Competitive LO Milotic which can have you spamming Recover and hoping you don't take consecutive Hydro Pump crits). There are enough attack boosters and PP maxed stally stuff lurking that Blissey can't plow through teams as easily, but in this team it's meant to be used more as a crippler than a sweeper anyways. Blissey paves the way for Drapion sweeps against special attacking leads by PP stalling them out of their strongest attack(s); this takes longer than using Trick or Memento on something like Uxie but gives Drapion more time to fully set up and allows Blissey to come back in later at full health if need be. Blissey's moveset is obviously tried and true, but I've actually thought about turning back the clock and going with Double Team for the extra PP over the extra +1 evasion per use - freaking Defense Curl, man!

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Adamant
Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpDef
IVs: 31/bottle cap/28/x/bottle cap/bottle cap
- Substitute
- Acupressure
- Rest
- Knock Off

As you can see, I put a lot of thought into this EV spread. It's still Drapion, but there are things like Unaware CM Clef that can beat it when set up. I'm sure there's a better EV spread, but for now I'm just putting a Drapion team on the board and I'm sure others will improve upon it.

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been able to get to Rank 10 in Master Doubles using this:

(M) @
, Relaxed, Pressure | **Crowe**
EVs: 252/0/148/0/108/0 | IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/0
Trick Room | Night Shade | Brick Break | Gravity

(F) @
, Bashful, Own Tempo | **Lucky**
Level 1 Stats: 12/5/6/5/6/6
Endeavor | Spiky Shield | Destiny Bond | Fake Out

(F) @
, Serious (minted to Brave), Sand Stream | **Kaiju**
EVs: 252/252/4/0/0/0 | IVs: 31/31/31/HT/31/0
Rock Slide | Crunch | Stomping Tantrum | Protect

(M) @
, Brave, No Guard | **no nickname yet**
EVs: 252/252/0/0/4/0 | IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/0
Dynamic Punch | Knock Off | Stone Edge | Poison Jab

Figuring out this team took a bit of figuring out the optimal set of four Pokemon and the optimal strategy (I tried a lot of Tyranitar sets, including a mixed one, which explains why the Special Attack IV is bottle capped), and a lot of ended streaks to make me learn stuff the hard way, but I eventually landed on this. I think Smeargle is still the optimal Endeavor user over Aron for a few reasons:
  • Own Tempo means it cannot be confused, which helps to minimize hax
  • Fake Out allows Smeargle to immobilize problematic leads, including OHKO move users, Absol-3 and Absol-4, Drapion-3, and Torkoal, a la Togedemaru from USUM Battle Tree; this is very important due to the lack of Eviolite in this game, making it easier to OHKO the Trick Room setter
  • Destiny Bond enables Smeargle to potentially take out an opposing Pokemon while Dusknoir sets up Gravity
  • Spiky Shield breaks Focus Sashes and Sturdy
  • Aron does not have access to Toxic at the moment (though, admittedly, this disadvantage goes away once this game can connect to Pokemon Home)
Gravity is absolutely essential in order to make up for the loss of Foresight; in addition to negating two Double Teams, it also makes sure Rock Slide lands, which is a neat bonus. No Guard on Machamp helps against that as well, though having the opponent's attacks always hit you as well is a huge disadvantage, though Machamp can at least induce some hax of its own due to Dynamic Punch's confusion.

Tyranitar ended up being selected as this team was way too weak against Torkoal otherwise. It went through a lot of changes and a lot of trial and error, but I ended up settling on a pure physical set with Dread Plate in order to 2HKO Cresselia, excluding Palmer's Cresselia due to it having Sitrus Berry. (side note: Black Glasses is still the more rad Dark-boosting item, but Dread Plate is what I had on hand). Testing for Machamp and discussion in the Tree Discord revealed just how much of a discount Conkeldurr it is; without Life Orb, it doesn't have even a chance of OHKOing Walrein with Dynamic Punch and, even with it, it's still only 25% (inflicting confusion helps, though). I landed on these four moves for Machamp based around what I needed it to cover, with Stone Edge covering the Kanto birds and Poison Jab helping to make its Fairy matchup not completely hopeless.

Threats to this team are any lead that can OHKO Dusknoir (as mentioned before, OHKO move users and the crit-happy Dark-type sets) and Torkoal due to how much damage Eruption does to just everything. The solution here if they lead is to use Fake Out on them and then set up Trick Room; in the case of the Pokemon that can OHKO Dusknoir, they're not anywhere near as threatening if Trick Room is up. In the case of Torkoal, the play afterwards is to switch Dusknoir for Tyranitar while going for Destiny Bond with Smeargle (whose Sash has most likely been broken due to using Fake Out on turn one). Ghost leads are also problematic and the play against those is to basically just leave them alone until you get a 2v1 situation, which Tyranitar should be able to take care of easily. Intimidate can also be annoying due to this team having two physical attackers in the back.

Other notes:
  • Frisk is definitely the optimal ability on Dusknoir; Pressure is completely nonessential to the team's strategy and Frisk can help with figuring out what items the enemy has (i.e. Frisk will help you figure out which Pokemon you should avoid targeting)
  • Unnerve could be worth consideration on Tyranitar to avoid breaking Smeargle's own Sash, but not getting the Special Defense boost (and not removing Torkoal's sun) is pretty crappy

I've gotten to 159 wins which has been the best run I've had so far.
Lost to Dewgong3 (Sheer Cold/Horn Drill/Rest/Sleep Talk) which 1HKO'd Dusknoir turn 1 and Torkoal a turn later (which didn't matter tbf).

1638567010230.png

1638566081011.png

Dusknoir (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Night Shade
- Brick Break
- Gravity

1638566184761.png
1638566082718.png

Aron (M) @ Berry Juice
Level: 1
Mild Nature
- Protect
- Endeavor
- Rain Dance
- Iron Head

1638565701480.png
1638566086934.png

Torkoal (F) @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

1638566110502.png

Machamp (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

==

Torkoal over Crawdaunt created a few advantages against certain teams and actually allowed me to beat the trainers that lead with Torkoal2 + Bellossom2. Torkoal has alot of physical bulk which made it handle certain Pokémon better too while creating weather control against any Abomasnow (or rain) team. During this run I've learned to use Gravity better and "caring" less to let Aron faint earlier due to having Torkoal in the back. The team works prety well and plays fairly fast, averaging at 3 runs (21 wins) in an hour but simply can't deal with turn 1HKO's.

Really tried to win that 200 race thing here and could've gotten there around midnight if I didn't lose but that's fine.
Going to focus on a few other things in the game now which I did not do because of unlocking the Battle Tower but will keep checking to see who grabs that 200 straight wins first :).

~ Eppie

Attachments

I'm a semi-serious Pokemon player and I've been trying to conquer the battle facilities for a while now, since back in gen VI but without much success since I don't think I've gone over 60 wins. That's even with copying some of the best teams & Pokemon for each gen & putting in 100s of hours.

Now I'm trying to at least get some decent streaks in the Battle Tower & was hoping a could get some advice if is isn't too much trouble.

I just to a duo of Articuno with Mind Reader & Sheer cold and a Porygon-Z. This my team:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/?/31/31/31/31

-Surf
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

I use Life Orb Starmie to try to rack up wins faster since it has good speed, special attack & coverage. Also because I can't get Greninja.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31/?/31/31/31/31

-Moonlight
-Moonblast
-Calm Mind
-Flamethower

Clefable has good defensive stats, decent recovery, can avoid status conditions & can sweep with enough Calm Minds. Wish might be better than Moonlight & Flamethrower is for coverage.

Garchomp @ Sitrius Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/?/31/31

-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Swords Dance

Garchomp works well when an Electric attack user comes for Starmie, plus all the other reasons that are very well know. I've seen Iron Head on him, but I'm not sure why it's considered a better attack at the moment. I figure that Crunch gives better neutral coverage & takes care of psychihcs or ghosts that may come in. Dragon Claw might be weaker than Outrage, but I believe the Sitrius berrry lets me setup more. Plus I'm exahausted from so much time spent breeding so it will be awhile before I make a Garchomp with Outrage.

I used to use Drapion in the non-Master Class, but in my first attempt in Master Class I couldn't beat Roarak & decided to try Clefable & got to 20.

I think Gliscor might be better than Grachomp, but not without Toxic Heal, which is going to take a while to get the Ability Patch. I'm not sure how to beat Porygon-Z with it's ridiculous special attack.

Any tips or advice someone may be able to give me?

View attachment 389230

Blissey @ Leftovers
Timid
Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 Spe
IVs: 31/x/29/x/30/26
- Substitute
- Minimize
- Soft-boiled
- Seismic Toss
Is there a reason for giving Blissey a Timid nature with Def & Speed IVs? It just seems like it would be a better idea to make her a Sp Def Tank since she isn't going to be taking physical hits well anyways.

I bred from scratch for the battle facilities in gen 6 and 7. I'm tired of it! I got a bunch of my own rnged japanese dittos sitting in my bank and a breeding catalog of every pokemon in a fancy ball with its HA. I biked up and down that path of continuously changing music too much as a 14 year old to spend another hour there! No more!! We;re living in the future BITCH. That means bottle caps and x3 IV legendaries and ev training through narcotics

basically I made a battle tower team out of whatever was easily available, ie my in game party and legendary captures. I was a bad boy and duped bottle caps with menu storage to polish up garchomp and gyarados's atrocious IVs but it should be fine if you like, have the right nature and okay IVs.

This is just me doing a casual playthrough to get to the juicy bp in master rank doubles.

EDIT: It also got to rank 10 but the streak died a few times because flygon outsped my garchomp. That isn't a problem now that I have nature mints so as long as you make the barest effort and have a jolly 31 speed garchomp you will probably suffer a lot less

:Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Docile (I have not yet minted anything)
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
31/31/31/x/31/31 (hyper trained)
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw
-Protect

:Zapdos:
Zapdos @ Magnet
Docile (I am planning to mint the legends bc neutral minted to whatever is technically the best for trick + fat sitrus berries)
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
31/30/PrettyGood/31/Decent/31
-Discharge
-Thunderbolt
-U-turn
-Protect

Party like it's 2009 It's Zapchomp babyyy. Garchomp is Garchomp is Garchomp. I had Life Orb for the first few rounds but the extra consistency with yache is felt often. Felt kinda ass not being able to do singles stuff with suicune so doing doubles things with Zapdos felt like the best alternative. Turns out heavily neutered Zapdos is still enough Zapdos to be good. Discharge is for garchomp and protecting opponents and switching my gyarados into it for the OHKO because you're a moron like me. Thunderbolt is theoretically so you don't hurt your teammates and targetting down one pokemon if there's a ground partner. U-turn gets you into other things and helps play resistance carousel.

Honestly Follow Me Togekiss with sd chomp is probably way better because Togekiss is fat as hell but fuck it I'm not breeding that! I have like three of them and I didn't play through the game with one. Think I'm gonna incinerate my quads biking for one?? fuck you

:Heatran:
Heatran @ Focus Sash
Quirky
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
PrettyGood/x/31/31/VeryGood/31
-Heat Wave
-Flash Cannon
-Earth Power
-Protect

Heatran is a sentient pile of resistances that I am horribly mistreating with a bad EV spread like that but I am lazy and it hasn't been a problem yet. Not only is it great for switching into fairy / ice damage but it is absolutely priceless protecting with heatran, watching the opponent eq their partner, then switching to a flier and watching them do it again to their partner and only their partner.

:gyarados:
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Naive (look it's what the level 2 magikarp outside jubilife had when I started okay)
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
31/31/31/x/31/31 (bottle caps)
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance
-Protect

I miss power whip so much. I miss having an easily accessible earthquake tm. I miss my wife. Gyarados was on my in game team, levitates, and and has intimidate so he was agiven to be on here. A salamence is probably better. Lots of things a probably better. This isn't about better, this is about using the resources I have as lazily as possible to get the ability patch for menu storage duping a pile of them.

This got me through the normal doubles tier and wow, did it remind we why I found battle facilities to be a chore until the Gen 6 shake ups. 7 in a row for some reason? If you die, you have to grind through a pile of pidgeys and grotles to get back to anything actually interesting? Man that sucks. Really wish that the actual good and interesting master class stuff was always accessible because grinding 3 BP every seven matches feels so agonizing for getting anything. This team is incredibly basic and open for glaringly apparent optimization but I would like future lazy people like myself to know you can claw through to the useful stuff without hatching an egg.

fuck you breeding, im not going back in the tauros box. stay away. fuck you. give me your phone right now young man

Last edited:
2021120322082100-7DCC42E2AF4C1BBE54BB71700F7161B6.jpg

Forgot how much BS happens in Battle Facilities, and good ol' Battle Tower never cease to amaze me in the amount of BS that spurs out of it.

This is the current team I am using, got to Master Singles Rank 10 very quickly, though the road to 100 wins is a bit daunting. Still, after facing many predictable matchups, it feels like that 100+ wins isn't too bad if you play the teams correctly.

Cloyster [QC 1/1] [GP 1/1] | Smogon Forums

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Ol' reliable since gen 6 facilities. Surprised there hasn't been much mention of this demon in this thread, but I see why people would be hesitant of a glass cannon that can make you lose a lot of momentum if you don't pull it off correctly. After 1 SS, you pretty much can go crazy and win. Only problems Cloyster has encounter so far are Crocune variants, fat Steel types like Bronzong, and annoying priority users if they take you down to Focus Sash. My recommendation is to use the battle tower trainer info to see whether it is appropriate to set up or not. Keeping the sash intact is very important and knowing when to SS or straight up attack is also important so that you keep the risks as low as possible and odds are you can ironically win the game fast if you are patient. Another tip I would say is use the battle damage calculator; deciding whether +2 spear vs 2+ rock blast with 90% accuracy is really worth the risk (i.e. does the calc prove that I should risk? or just go for damage to the point that choosing moves does not matter). 90% of the matches are won with this mon and +2, but knowing when to utilize SS and moves is the key to success. Also Cloyster is immune to bitch ass Sheer Cold, something that is extremely common so far in my experience.

Hidden Heaven

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

LO + 4 attacks ensures that Latios can hit all the mons that are weak to its movepool has hard as possible. Initially I had surf in this set, but after seeing this team struggle somewhat against common fat water/grounds like unaware quagsire, swampert, and gastrodon, Energy Ball has been very effective for me personally and still hits most of the types weak to water. Latios has ice beam over dragon type moves because fairys do exist and feels like you need to have your movepool intact as much as you can against all types. thunderbolt/ice beam are the classic duo attacks that cover a good chuck of battle tower threats. Max speed to outspeed the majority of all mons outside of the few that I've seen like scarf salamence and weavile.

Top Pokemon Gsc Stickers for Android & iOS | Gfycat

Scizor (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

The "defense is the best offence" backbone of the team. Idk why I choose this EV spread in particular, as I was just using the lower ev berries just go give it enough HP to avoid 2HKOs from mons that no business in being a threat to Scizor. No bug bite, so x-scissor will do. SD + Roost has been an interesting case for me because if scizor has a favorable matchup, it has the ability to stall out weather effects, trick room, and other conditions that can damper your team (i.e. a choiced user staying in using a resisted move because the AI sometimes lacks brainpower and lets Scizor go +6 and BP its way to death). Always Roost when you need to, you never know when that crit is coming and the roll might not be in your favor. Scizor standouts in matchups where opposing mons have no super-effective moves against it. It just simply eats the attacks and either Roost + SD to victory. Lum Berry is there mostly for potential Scald burns against key matchups like Crocune, which is annoying against this team, and Spore/Yawn users.

Overall, the experience is kinda like a game of football, where you have to make the right calls to make the safest yet effective plays. Try not to rush your games and take a small break every round. Have a game plan that can help you win the long game if it gets to it. Try not to go all win unless you viewed the trainer roster and see no really risk.

Also, hall of shame goes to evasion in general. Nothing you can do about it, but if they can't touch your team in general, just attack until a move hits lol

Is there a reason for giving Blissey a Timid nature with Def & Speed IVs? It just seems like it would be a better idea to make her a Sp Def Tank since she isn't going to be taking physical hits well anyways.
The reason is that it doesn’t need any extra investment in special defense to beat special attackers. Trying to repeatedly ‘tank’ hits from boosting special attackers will inevitably lead to Blissey getting crit and/or statused, so the evasion and being able to move first and put up a Substitute in certain matchups are both much more important than a little more special bulk.

With the given EV spread it has the same physical bulk as standard Garchomp, which certainly isn’t bad when you combine it with a 50% recovery move and only one 2x weakness that its teammate with Intimidate resists.

Or you can think of it as a pretty simple process of elimination: if it doesn’t do damage off its Attack or Special attack stats and doesn’t need any additional special bulk to treat almost every special attacker as set-up bait, where else is there to invest? This has been the optimal Blissey/Chansey spread (give or take a few Speed EVs depending on the nearest empty speed tier) in every singles facility - check the Maison and Tree threads for more examples.

Last edited:
Got off my butt and got a 100 win streak in Classic. I forgot Shedinja was in rotation for a bit after battle 98 so my 100th battle featured my Suicune using Struggle against a Shedinja because the back was Piplup and Oddish so once I got rid of Shedinja I was good to go... Dear lord

But now I have my gold trainer card and will never touch that mode again because it's boring haha

Oh, hello friend. It's me, TheMantyke, with another post in the Battle Tower thread.

Now, I know you might have seen me refusing to do any breeding and suffering for it in my previous post. That was quite a time of my life. I was angry, I was tormented. Ah, but now I am far more calm. For you see, with nature mints, golden bottle caps, and ability patches on hand, I have ascended. I know not the plight of breeding pokemon praying to the IV gacha or using suboptimal in game team pokemon any longer. Nope! Those days are over. All thanks to our lord and savior menu storage, I can now duplicate whatever I need. My prior toils to get that last bit of BP I needed has eternally rewarded me. I can give whatever I wish it's hidden ability. I can use a quirky syncronizer and mint a Pokemon for whatever nature it may crave. I can give a pokemon 40 something Rare Candies and save in the middle of the process to king crimson my Pokemon to level 100 with all my candies still.

All three of these Pokemon were caught within the last 24 hours. All three of them took under 20 minutes to take from fresh capture in the grand underground to battle ready pokemon; the hardest part was passing down Rock Blast and passing it back to the original Cloyster. All three of these have now beat palmer and have spiffy battle tower ribbons. Now, of course, this isn't relevant to the actual battling in the battle tower, but I felt this nirvanna of non-existent item scarcity was worth sharing. Those of you blessed enough to have not yet updated your game can perhaps walk in the light of our lord menu storage. If not, you may have to toil and get an HA dratini from someone, but the team is of course perfectly attainable through normal means.

Anyway, here's the team. Yet again, it is probably not an optimal long streak run team, though it does only have one single inaccurate move. It's a nice team for those who want to play more battle stadium styled games instead of more calculated ai abuse teams. It also has a lot of pokemon featured here already, so hey, if it doesn't work out I'm sure you can put those resources somewhere else.

:cloyster:
Hideaway Mae
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Surf
- Shell Smash

Our dearest Cloyster is Hideway Mae. She is a disciple of menu storage, trusting in the divine's advice to hide away any and all internet to the switch. She's as disconnected from society and connected to her savior as the average gun stockpiling infowars listener living alone in the woods.

Cloyster has had this knack since Gen 5 for being absolutely ridiculous in every casual playthrough of a battle facility. BDSP mostly continues this trend. Honestly, I dunno, but it felt a fair bit weaker this time compared to the stomps I remember. I think the preset teams and increasing abundance of priority attacks took a toll on Cloyster, but it's still solid. Also hey! Ice Shard is good, but don't forget that you have Nasty Plot boosted Surfs to sling around too! Really great for denting a Steel-type for your Dragon type to come in.

:dragonite:
Onipointoni
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Dragonite is Onipointoni, the demon of One point one. He has been blessed by the sacred touch of Menu Storage's pile of 52 ability patches and given such tough scales.

Dragonite is just a phenomenally reliable set up Pokemon. I don't think I had a single foe pierce through multiscale the whole way with an attack once doing my playthrough. Went for Extreme Speed over Safeguard or Substitute because Lum was enough bull insurance for me and extra priority is always helpful.

:magnezone:
ZLZR
Magnezone @ Custap Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Endure

Magnezone is ZLZR. Just as other gods have an often unspoken name of YHWH, our divine menu storage has a name of ZLZR. This electric golem bears the sacred one's name on its body, allowing it to live at 1 HP a whole lot.

This is like the third Magnezone posted in this thread at this point. Most of them seem to have the same moveset, but with a variable final move. I personally went with some dynamax meta tech and decided to give mine Endure. Magnezone can occasionally find itself facing some troubles where sturdy is broken and some big bad charizard or whatever comes in. Endure lets you tank that Aerodactyl EQ or whatever and smack it back with priority attacks on the next turn at any health range. It's super helpful to the point where I'd sooner axe Volt Switch for some other option like Thunder Wave or Metal Sound. The tiny bit of speed is to get past slow Scizors and Tyranitars; I'm still lazy and just fed it two carbos.

The only real gripe I had with this team is Abomasnow sucks to fight. Cloyster dies to Giga Drain + Ice Shard, Magnezone gets Earth Powered and chipped, Dragonite falls over if Aboma gets a hit in. Honestly, it's probably worth considering picking Fire Punch over EQ or Extreme Speed just to deal with it. It went through a little bit of a rough patch at around tier 5, but I was being a slacker and didn't bother looking up trainer info for my battles. Once I started doing that, it was smooth sailing from there on out.

Now, I depart. For I know one day I will not be able to bask in the light of Menu Storage. I must shore up a good crop of ability patches before that eventual update must come...

Last edited:
Newbie/beginner here.
I tried to follow this guide but I'm having trouble even in normal rank (losing usually in the 6th or 7th set).

The team is

:cloyster:
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
- Shell Smash

:gyarados:
Gyarados @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Thrash
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall

:tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Cronch
- Rock Slide

Cloyster struggles to finish tankier targets, especially with ability to apply status effects. It's hard to deal with Magnezone, Kangaskhan, Hariyama, Bronzong, etc. Is it the comp or is it a pilot issue?
Thanks for help.

Gyarados, blissy and drapion team is the goat. It requires constant switching and not getting super haxed getting hit while at +6 evasion but I could easily see this team getting to 200 first. There comes a time in every battle where you’re just invincible due to gyara intimidate and crit immunity on drapion battle armor. Any lead with a ground move is a freebee, just takes like 10 minutes to set up on the -6 attack earthquake user since sub takes 2 on drapion. Other teams I’ve used with scizor/dragonite/suicune are dead to one stray starmie thunder bolt critical even when you’re at +6 spdef. Gyarados on this team can even suicide to scary face and make set up easy with the fast blissy or for drapion. With enough smart play and baring some crazy as hell hax I think that this team will get to 200 first. I even had a +6 evasion blissy get haxed to absolute death by poison heal sub gliscgor hitting like 6/8 fissures but because it was slow sub just blocked it. Kudos to the dude who posted that team. It takes patience and you won’t win by hitting a boost move once and seeeping for your lead but smart play makes it almost impossible to beat even with hax. I’m sure I’ll die to some absolute crazy stuff but I’m at around 90 wins right now and have bad luck but still managed to win. My bliss got para’ed 8 times in a row against leech seed strats but still won.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)