Beedrill (Singles) [QC: 3/3] [GP: 2/2]

[OVERVIEW]

Previously ridiculed as a garbage Pokemon, Beedrill's Mega Evolution turns it into a beast! While still relatively uncommon in Battle Spot, Mega Beedrill is an offensive powerhouse. Its strength lies in its obscene Attack and Speed, which allow it to outspeed many common threats, and Adaptability, which doubles the power of its STAB moves. It also has a very strong U-turn, turning it into a powerful scout. Unfortunately, it can't reliably switch into a lot of threats because of its low bulk and bad defensive typing. Entry hazards, particularly Stealth Rock, give it a huge problem, as they limit the number of times it can switch in. The big problem is that Mega Beedrill can't stand up to a lot of its defensive checks without a lot of team support, so keep that in mind when building around it.

[SET]

name: Offensive Pivot
move 1: U-turn
move 2: Poison Jab
move 3: Protect / Swords Dance
move 4: Drill Run / Knock Off
item: Beedrillite
ability: Swarm
nature: Jolly
evs: 228 Atk / 36 Def / 244 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

U-turn is Mega Beedrill's main STAB move. It hits like a truck and allows Mega Beedrill to switch out of almost anything that threatens it. Poison Jab is another powerful STAB move that hits several Fairies for super effective damage. Protect allows Mega Beedrill to Mega Evolve safely so it can boost its Speed and scout for moves that threaten it. However, it can be dropped for Swords Dance to turn Mega Beedrill into an amazing wallbreaker. Drill Run deals with Steel-types that can wall Mega Beedrill, such as Heatran and Klefki. Alternatively, Knock Off hits Ghost types for super effective damage and cripples Pokemon that rely on their item, such as Chansey and Porygon2.

Set Details
========

36 Defense EVs allow Mega Beedrill to take a hit from important priority moves, such as Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Sucker Punch and Choice Band Azumarill's Aqua Jet. 244 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature allow it to outspeed Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Mega Gengar, and the like. The remaining EVs are put into Attack so that it hits as hard as possible.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Beedrill can be used as a scouting lead; Protect can scout the foe's move and allow Beedrill to Mega Evolve safely unless the extra Speed isn't necessary, in which case it should U-turn out or KO the foe. Exercise caution when you know the foe has a priority move; if you know it'll KO Mega Beedrill, hard switch into a teammate that can absorb that hit. Maintaining offensive momentum is imperative, as that's what Mega Beedrill does best. Don't switch Mega Beedrill in on a hit that it doesn't resist; instead, wait for a free switch or Volt Switch or U-turn into it safely.

Team Options
========

Powerful wallbreakers such as Choice Specs Hydreigon and Belly Drum Azumarill can aid Mega Beedrill in its sweep, getting rid of important checks such as Mega Slowbro and Ferrothorn. Any Pokemon that can make use of a Lum Berry is a great teammate because Beedrill has a hard time dealing with paralysis, burn, and sleep. One good user of Lum Berry is Garchomp, which can deal with some of Beedrill's checks, such as Talonflame. Anything with Volt Switch forms a great core with Beedrill. Rotom-W in particular stands out because of how physically bulky it is. They can both switch out of their checks repeatedly. Magnezone is also a good partner because it can trap Steel-types and crush them, as well as stand up to Sheer Cold Suicune, a common threat in the metagame. In return, Mega Beedrill can run Drill Run to deal with Heatran so that it doesn't pose an issue to Magnezone. Both of these Pokemon deal with Talonflame, an important check to Beedrill. Though Beedrill is hyper-offensive in nature, pairing it with a defensive Pokemon that can cover its weaknesses might be beneficial; Suicune is a good example, as it can deal with Fire- and Ice-types. Entry hazard support from the likes of Landorus-T and Hippowdon helps Beedrill wear down some of its checks.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
========

Fell Stinger can give Mega Beedrill an Attack boost, but it's extremely hard to net KOs with it. Protect or Swords Dance could be dropped to create an all-out attacking set, but only do this if you plan to bring Mega Beedrill in exclusively against slower threats or foes that are paralyzed or asleep. Substitute can be used to take advantage of a predicted status move and make it hard to revenge kill Mega Beedrill. X-Scissor hits a bit harder than U-turn, but then Mega Beedrill loses offensive momentum by not being able to switch out while dealing damage. An Adamant nature is sometimes used to gain extra Attack, but Beedrill needs that Speed to deal with some of its checks, such as Mega Gengar, Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T, and +1 Mega Gyarados and Mega Tyranitar.

Checks and Counters
========

**Priority and Choice Scarf Users**: These Pokemon can easily switch into Mega Beedrill and revenge kill it. Talonflame in particular stands out because Brave Bird rips Mega Beedrill to shreds.

**Physically Defensive Pokemon**: Mega Beedrill can't OHKO everything, so any Pokemon that can survive a hit from it can easily check it, such as Hippowdon or Ferrothorn.

**Blaziken**: Blaziken can collect Speed boosts to become faster than Mega Beedrill and hit it with a powerful Fire-type move.

**Mega Salamence**: Mega Salamence can set up a Dragon Dance and demolish Mega Beedrill with a powerful Double-Edge or Return. Aside from this, it has Intimidate, which is a huge thorn in Mega Beedrill's side.

**Recoil Damage**: All of Mega Beedrill's moves make contact, so recoil can really wear it down, limiting the number of times it can make contact. Common sources of recoil are Garchomp, Rocky Helmet Suicune, and Ferrothorn.

**Entry Hazards**: Entry hazards can limit the number of times Mega Beedrill can switch, putting a huge damper on it because of how often it uses U-turn.

Last edited:
dunno why everything was double-spaced. oops.

anyways, beedrill's super niche, so i'm not sure if this really needs to be done, but Beedrill is a potent offensive threat in the current metagame. please slam me if i missed something and i'll change it.

Not QC.

I'd refrain from overselling Mega Beedrill's offensive typing. It's strong neutral attacks are a strength, but that's more a result of Adaptability. Neither type hits anything in the Top 12 super effectively, for example. Mentioning Beedril's lack of coverage options as a negative seems appropriate as well, since there's really only Drill Run and Knock Off.

Under set details Jolly should probably be slashed before Adamant, and Drill Run should be slashed before Knock Off. Both are the statistically more common choices, at 90% and 75% usage respectively. For formatting's sake: an ability (Swarm) should also be cited, even if it adds no benefit to the set, just so the Export function in the SmogDex provides a proper import into Showdown.

Swords Dance should probably get a mention in Other Options. It gives Mega Beedrill a better chance at sweeping through teams by turning a lot of formerly 2HKOs, like Aegislash, into potential 1HKOs.

Under the Checks and Counters's Priority Users section you might as well mention Mega Kangaskhan, since it has an excellent chance of 1HKOing Mega Beedrill with Sucker Punch even with a Jolly Nature. Drop the "Bulky" from "Physically Defensive Pokemon" too, since they're essentially the same thing, and try to mention specific examples. Hippowdon and Skarmory, for example, both commonly hold a Rocky Helmet to punish's Mega Beedrill''s attacks and commonly carry Stealth Rock to punish switches. Finally, I think it's worth citing the common Shadow Sneak as another reason why Aegislash counters Mega Beedrill.

Remember to fix the spacing in editing.

Last edited:
Not QC.

I'd refrain from overselling Mega Beedrill's offensive typing. It's strong neutral attacks are a strength, but that's more a result of Adaptability. Neither type hits anything in the Top 12 super effectively, for example. Mentioning Beedril's lack of coverage options as a negative seems appropriate as well, since there's really only Drill Run and Knock Off.

Under set details Jolly should probably be slashed before Adamant, and Drill Run should be slashed before Knock Off. Both are the statistically more common choices, at 90% and 75% usage respectively. For formatting's sake: an ability (Swarm) should also be cited, even if it adds no benefit to the set, just so the Export function in the SmogDex provides a proper import into Showdown.

Swords Dance should probably get a mention in Other Options. It gives Mega Beedrill a better chance at sweeping through teams by turning a lot of formerly 2HKOs, like Aegislash, into potential 1HKOs.

Under the Checks and Counters's Priority Users section you might as well mention Mega Kangaskhan, since it has an excellent chance of 1HKOing Mega Beedrill with Sucker Punch even with a Jolly Nature. Drop the "Bulky" from "Physically Defensive Pokemon" too, since they're essentially the same thing, and try to mention specific examples. Hippowdon and Skarmory, for example, both commonly hold a Rocky Helmet to punish's Mega Beedrill''s attacks and commonly carry Stealth Rock to punish switches. Finally, I think it's worth citing the common Shadow Sneak as another reason why Aegislash counters Mega Beedrill.

Remember to fix the spacing in editing.
Thanks for the tips. I'll make those changes soon.

EDIT: All of these changes are made.

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yes QC

I agree that you should make much more of Beedrill's ability and Attack stat over its super-effective coverage. Also, I wouldn't try to encourage potential players to always Protect on the first turn, as Protect is incredibly predictable and you can use that to your advantage to snag some free U-Turn damage. It's not always that much of a risk, either: base Beedrill has a fairly decent 75 base speed that outpaces a bunch of common stuff like Sylveon, Breloom, Adamant Gyarados, defensive and/or Specs Rotom-W, Tyranitar, and Azumarill.

A spread of 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe+ allows Beedrill to always survive CB Azu's Aqua Jet and AV Conkeldurr's Ice Punch+Mach Punch, making them easier to check:
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mega Beedrill: 117-138 (83.5 - 98.5%)
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mega Beedrill: 92-109 (65.7 - 77.8%)
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mega Beedrill: 18-22 (12.8 - 15.7%)

Beedrill doesn't particularly care about losing HP as it does the same job at 1% as it does at 100%, so exploiting its resistances and okay special bulk to come in on predicted attacks from the likes of Gengar, Conkeldurr, Serperior and Sylveon can catch the opponent off guard, especially if you were playing safely with Beedrill beforehand.

Magnezone to team options: traps and beats Steel-types so that Beedrill has an easier time spamming U-Turn (looking at you, Ferrothorn and Scizor); Beedrill merks Heatran with Drill Run so that's not an issue for Magnezone. It's also an Electric type so it can come in and absorb T-Waves and Glares for Beedrill. Scarf Magneton deserves a mention because it can check Talonflame.

Yes QC

I agree that you should make much more of Beedrill's ability and Attack stat over its super-effective coverage. Also, I wouldn't try to encourage potential players to always Protect on the first turn, as Protect is incredibly predictable and you can use that to your advantage to snag some free U-Turn damage. It's not always that much of a risk, either: base Beedrill has a fairly decent 75 base speed that outpaces a bunch of common stuff like Sylveon, Breloom, Adamant Gyarados, defensive and/or Specs Rotom-W, Tyranitar, and Azumarill.

A spread of 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe+ allows Beedrill to always survive CB Azu's Aqua Jet and AV Conkeldurr's Ice Punch+Mach Punch, making them easier to check:
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mega Beedrill: 117-138 (83.5 - 98.5%)
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mega Beedrill: 92-109 (65.7 - 77.8%)
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mega Beedrill: 18-22 (12.8 - 15.7%)

Beedrill doesn't particularly care about losing HP as it does the same job at 1% as it does at 100%, so exploiting its resistances and okay special bulk to come in on predicted attacks from the likes of Gengar, Conkeldurr, Serperior and Sylveon can catch the opponent off guard, especially if you were playing safely with Beedrill beforehand.

Magnezone to team options: traps and beats Steel-types so that Beedrill has an easier time spamming U-Turn (looking at you, Ferrothorn and Scizor); Beedrill merks Heatran with Drill Run so that's not an issue for Magnezone. It's also an Electric type so it can come in and absorb T-Waves and Glares for Beedrill. Scarf Magneton deserves a mention because it can check Talonflame.
Yay QC. That's a good spread. Here are some calcs for other important priority hits.

Shadow Sneak from Physical Life Orb Aegislash: 252+ Atk Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mega Beedrill: 196-231 (72.3 - 85.2%)
Bullet Punch from Mega Scizor: 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mega Beedrill: 226-267 (83.3 - 98.5%
Sucker Punch from Mega Kangaskhan: 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mega Beedrill: 262-310 (96.6 - 114.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

So that's a good spread. But what of its lower Attack stat? It might prevent it from netting some important KOs. Instead, I want to give it a spread like 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220+ Spe. That way, we're getting maximized offensive pressure, while still being able to outspeed Mega Gengar. Does this make sense?

Yeah, I should mention how predictable Protect is. Thanks for reminding me.

Beedrill doesn't care about losing HP, but it's also important to conserve it as much as possible without losing offensive momentum. I'll put that in.

Magnezone is super rogue, but hot DAMN it's amazing. And it can Volt Switch. Amazing. I never would've considered it.

Thanks for the help. I'll make these changes soon.

EDIT: I've made all these changes. We're in QC now.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would rather drop some attack EVs than speed, because there are some important things you miss out on by dropping down to just outspeed M-Gengar. Here are some potential spreads:
  • 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe
    • ethan's original spread. speed ties with Mega Sceptile / beats Mega Sceptile with Hidden Power Fire.
  • 228 Atk / 36 Def / 244 Spe
    • speed ties with Hidden Power Fire Mega Sceptile (which actually can't OHKO you), outspeeds Adamant Scarf Lando-T so you don't die to a Rock-type move.
  • 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
    • Outspeeds Adamant Scarf Excadrill and anything slower (including Mega Gengar)
I say we either go max speed, or the second one, coz Scarf Lando-T is really common, and even if you're sacking Beedrill to get a Knock Off in, you've taken the Scarf off Lando which can be really useful.

I think Jolly should be the only nature listed on the set. Adamant can go in OO if you really want to keep a mention of it. I'm thinking that Protect can actually have slashes such as Swords Dance and Drill Run/Knock Off. I think the set should look like this:

move 4: Knock Off / Drill Run
evs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe

Explain (like ethan said) that Protecting on turn 1 can be really predictable, and going for the Swords Dance might throw some people off, and also that Beedrill may find itself against a slower opponent before evolving and won't even need to Protect. As for Drill Run vs Knock Off; despite what the stats say I actually think Knock Off is the better call and should be slashed first. Sure, Drill Run gives better super-effective coverage, but running it means that one of the most common Pokemon in the format; Mega Gengar, can come in and trap you. It hits Aegislash harder than Drill Run (when it's holding an item), hits Lando-T harder while it's holding an item than your STABs will, and gives you something to hit Talonflame with on predicted switches (if you aren't U-turning that is). I just think it's a better meta call than going for super effective coverage is all. Of course, if you're gonna drop Protect for something else, you can always replace it with either Drill Run or Knock Off, and have an all-out attacking set! This solves the issue of KO vs DR and should be mentioned under the moves section in set comments.

edit: just use Drill Run. I shouldn't QC at midnight rofl

As for the other stuff...

Overview:

His offensive typing isn't that good so downplay that (you've actually contradicted yourself by saying his coverage isn't so good a few dot points down). Do however explain why it's good / what his STABs hit. Explain why his speed stat is good / what do you outspeed.

Usage tips:

mention that against slower threats that you don't have to Protect such as Breloom etc...

Team Options:

TALONFLAME CHECKS! This is why Rotom-W and Zapdos are his top 2 teammates. They also check Blaziken (who outspeeds Beedrill after Protecting and getting the turn 1 Speed Boost so you have no business keeping Beedrill in) and Azumarill decently so that's good. Rotom-H is also good for T-Flame + Blaziken. I would say something to support Beedrill like Latios (Screens + Memento), Klefki (Prankster Screens) would also be good. You say Beedrill fits best on Hyper-Offense teams but I think he really just needs some solid defensive partners (physically defensive Lando-T, Ferrothorn, Hippowdon etc.) so list a few good ones there.

Checks & Counters really needs a bunch more added, Beedrill isn't used very much in the format for a reason (so many things hurt it) so you need to list EVERYTHING that threatens it. Basically anything that isn't 1-2HKOed by it can just retaliate and kill it in return. Bug / Poison is lacklustre offensively so I'm sure you can come up with a few common resists and list them there. You can't just have **Physically Defensive Pokemon**;, you need to actually list some examples.

Other than that, Beedrill is really one-dimensional so I'm sure you can't mess it up too badly, lol.

QC 1/3

Last edited:
I would rather drop some attack EVs than speed, because there are some important things you miss out on by dropping down to just outspeed M-Gengar. Here are some potential spreads:
  • 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe
    • ethan's original spread. speed ties with Mega Sceptile / beats Mega Sceptile with Hidden Power Fire.
  • 228 Atk / 36 Def / 244 Spe
    • speed ties with Hidden Power Fire Mega Sceptile (which actually can't OHKO you), outspeeds Adamant Scarf Lando-T so you don't die to a Rock-type move.
  • 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
    • Outspeeds Adamant Scarf Excadrill and anything slower (including Mega Gengar)
I say we either go max speed, or the second one, coz Scarf Lando-T is really common, and even if you're sacking Beedrill to get a Knock Off in, you've taken the Scarf off Lando which can be really useful.

I think Jolly should be the only nature listed on the set. Adamant can go in OO if you really want to keep a mention of it. I'm thinking that Protect can actually have slashes such as Swords Dance and Drill Run/Knock Off. I think the set should look like this:

move 4: Knock Off / Drill Run
evs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe

Explain (like ethan said) that Protecting on turn 1 can be really predictable, and going for the Swords Dance might throw some people off, and also that Beedrill may find itself against a slower opponent before evolving and won't even need to Protect. As for Drill Run vs Knock Off; despite what the stats say I actually think Knock Off is the better call and should be slashed first. Sure, Drill Run gives better super-effective coverage, but running it means that one of the most common Pokemon in the format; Mega Gengar, can come in and trap you. It hits Aegislash harder than Drill Run (when it's holding an item), hits Lando-T harder while it's holding an item than your STABs will, and gives you something to hit Talonflame with on predicted switches (if you aren't U-turning that is). I just think it's a better meta call than going for super effective coverage is all. Of course, if you're gonna drop Protect for something else, you can always replace it with either Drill Run or Knock Off, and have an all-out attacking set! This solves the issue of KO vs DR and should be mentioned under the moves section in set comments.

As for the other stuff...

Overview:

His offensive typing isn't that good so downplay that (you've actually contradicted yourself by saying his coverage isn't so good a few dot points down). Do however explain why it's good / what his STABs hit. Explain why his speed stat is good / what do you outspeed.

Usage tips:

mention that against slower threats that you don't have to Protect such as Breloom etc...

Team Options:

TALONFLAME CHECKS! This is why Rotom-W and Zapdos are his top 2 teammates. They also check Blaziken (who outspeeds Beedrill after Protecting and getting the turn 1 Speed Boost so you have no business keeping Beedrill in) and Azumarill decently so that's good. Rotom-H is also good for T-Flame + Blaziken. I would say something to support Beedrill like Latios (Screens + Memento), Klefki (Prankster Screens) would also be good. You say Beedrill fits best on Hyper-Offense teams but I think he really just needs some solid defensive partners (physically defensive Lando-T, Ferrothorn, Hippowdon etc.) so list a few good ones there.

Checks & Counters really needs a bunch more added, Beedrill isn't used very much in the format for a reason (so many things hurt it) so you need to list EVERYTHING that threatens it. Basically anything that isn't 1-2HKOed by it can just retaliate and kill it in return. Bug / Poison is lacklustre offensively so I'm sure you can come up with a few common resists and list them there. You can't just have **Physically Defensive Pokemon**;, you need to actually list some examples.

Other than that, Beedrill is really one-dimensional so I'm sure you can't mess it up too badly, lol.

QC 1/3
Alrighty. Most of your changes have been made. I took the spread that outsped Adamant Scarf Lando-T. I personally don't think Swords Dance is that viable on a Mega Beedrill set, I'm going to leave it in OO. Checks and Counters are being updated, as are Team Options.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
As for Drill Run vs Knock Off; despite what the stats say I actually think Knock Off is the better call and should be slashed first. Sure, Drill Run gives better super-effective coverage, but running it means that one of the most common Pokemon in the format; Mega Gengar, can come in and trap you. It hits Aegislash harder than Drill Run (when it's holding an item), hits Lando-T harder while it's holding an item than your STABs will, and gives you something to hit Talonflame with on predicted switches (if you aren't U-turning that is). I just think it's a better meta call than going for super effective coverage is all.
I prefer Drill Run for a couple of reasons, mostly that it gives Beedrill a decent general attack for fighting off Steel-types (like Heatran and special Mega Lucario) that it can't otherwise hit, and also because the reasons you've stated are all wildly incorrect C: Mega Gengar can't trap Beedrill because it's slower and Beedrill can just U-Turn out, and Gengar loses Levitate when it Mega Evolves so Drill Run is a super-effective hit (hits harder than Knock Off too). Drill Run OHKOs Aegislash in Blade Forme, Beedrill shouldn't be staying in on Lando-T anyways and if you want to hit Talon on the switch then you click Poison Jab. Knock Off is a great spammable attack for catching things on the switch but it's not really Beedrill's function; if you're not trying to OHKO it, you're getting out of there especially if it OHKOs you. If you predict a switch, you U-Turn and get the initiative. I'd honestly much prefer an OHKO on Heatran tbh but that's just my preference. Extra input from the other QC members would be good here but ya, my vote goes to Drill Run / Knock Off. sorry cant say n_n

Anyways, I'd be happy to give this its second check.

Last edited:
...Anyways, I'd be happy to give this its second check
So...am I QC 2/3 now?

Yeah, our spread outspeeds Mega Gengar to begin with. Drill Run beats the Steel types that resist Bug and Dark and are immune to Poison. That's why it has higher usage.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
Yup! Sorry about that, my keyboard inexplicably stopped working mid-sentence :s I had a second look over the analysis to check you weren't missing anything, and I'm happy for now so here's your stamp:

QC 2/3

Well, I can't actually give a "check" atm cause it needs to be written up in paragraph before the third check, those are just the rules(i'll be sure to give the third check after it's done though). But im gonna give some input :)

First off, you still have Knock Off slashed before Drill Run, change it! D:
When you talk about drill run, mention it hits aegislash but also stress that 50/50s with kings shield kinda suck because drill run does make contact.

You could explain/talk about Adaptability in set details. Just a minor thing for newer players.

-while uncommon, hazards reduce the number of times it can swap
Don't undersell rocks. I see people all the time talking about how rocks are "uncommon" but i don't think that's as true anymore. If anything, just write "somewhat uncommon" but I think it'd be better taking the mention of it being uncommon out. There's 3 pokemon in the top 12 who run rocks fairly commonly, so I would never count them out. Also, when you do talk about hazards, you can probably just say stealth rock(unless another QC member disagrees with this), because spikes actually are very uncommon and rocks are the ones bedrill is extra scared of.

•powerful wallbreakers such as Specs Hydreigon can get rid of defensive Pokemon for Beedrill to sweep
expand on this, what defensive pokemon does hydreigon deal with?

Mention rocks in team options. The chip damage is cool alongside beedrill's power and it hits talon for a solid 50% so that's always great. And with beedrill, you can sometimes abuse u-turn+volt switch shit so having rocks punishes the switches another extra bit while you gain momentum as well, it's a solid combination. Plus most rock setters are actually pretty good against talonflame. Garchomp with skin damage/rock tomb, bulky landorus-t does what it does, rocky helmet mamo w/ toxic while uncommon can annoy talon, helmet hippo(especially with rock tomb) takes on talon too.

Add Mega Salamence to C&C. It can come in and intimidate to take beedrill's attacks and salamence can ohko a whole hive of beedrills, or just set up a DD if it wants.

When you talk about recoil damage. Be more specific. Talk about rocky helmet and some common users, mention all the moves beedrill uses make contact. Rough skin and iron barbs would be good to talk about too, more so rough skin cause garchomp is more common and threatening.

Mention Substitute in other options. It only gets like 2.something usage but it's used more than some other things in OO right now. It can help against predicted twave/will-o. And if you're behind a sub, some mons that normally could revenge kill can't afford to cause you can probably just ko them, most importantly talon when rocks are up.

When you talk about adamant, mention specific things it fails to outspeed that jolly would. Like, mega gengar, +1 mega gyarados, +1 mega ttar, scarf adamant lando.

**Physically Defensive Pokemon**: Beedrill can’t OHKO everything, so anything that can survive a hit from it can easily check it; such as Cresselia and Rotom-W
These two aren't very good examples imo. Rotom-W is okay but doesn't take Poison Jab that well. Cress actually takes half or more from u-turn so I definitely wouldn't mention it. Instead, i'd list maybe hippowdon, ferrothorn, suicune, gliscor, defensive lando. you don't have to list all those im just giving examples. And maybe this is just my opinion(i'd like to hear what other QC members think) but I think Mega Venu doesn't need its own thing and can go up to the section I just quoted since I feel like the matchup isnt that amazing for venu. It can't hit beedrill well with offensive moves and beedrill can just u-turn out of leech seed. Plus, Poison Jab + U-turn is doing at least 60ish to venu if it's running max def.

Everything else is cool. Just a tip for when you're writing this, don't hide the fact that beedrill struggles a lot. Even though analyses should mainly focus on the positives of a pokemon, you gotta make sure it's decently clear that beedrill isn't really something to write home about.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that I've had a good nights sleep and have re-read my last post (lol ethan06 thanks for the callout), you can pretty much include everything NOVED said in his post to mine. Good point about not being shy when explaining Beedrill's downfalls, just don't make it sound like a shitmon, but he's definitely not stellar which needs to be clear when written up...

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
6tennis this was written very hastily and it shows when reading (several sections such as the end of the Overview and parts in the Set Comments aren't even finished). Even though Beedrill isn't a super important Pokemon I don't want the overall quality of the analysis to be lacking. Feel free to take as long as you need getting this written to the best of your ability, you're not working to any deadline!

cant say that's super weird...a lot of the stuff I wrote isn't showing up. i know i had more than this. i guess i'll retype it all when i have the chance. sorry about that.

Theorymon cant say Hulavuta ethan06 DragonWhale Jibaku Montsegur NOVED

I think I'm going to drop this analysis. Lately, schoolwork seems to have swallowed up all my free time. Between that and other life-related things, I haven't had the opportunity to work on this analysis. Aside from that, Mega Bee isn't even that viable in BSS. It's great, don't get me wrong, but there are better options in 3v3 for hyper-offensive teams. If someone else wants to pick up this analysis, that would be awesome, but again, I don't think it's entirely necessary.

Theorymon cant say Hulavuta ethan06 DragonWhale Jibaku Montsegur NOVED

I think I'm going to drop this analysis. Lately, schoolwork seems to have swallowed up all my free time. Between that and other life-related things, I haven't had the opportunity to work on this analysis. Aside from that, Mega Bee isn't even that viable in BSS. It's great, don't get me wrong, but there are better options in 3v3 for hyper-offensive teams. If someone else wants to pick up this analysis, that would be awesome, but again, I don't think it's entirely necessary.
You sure man? Just letting you know there's really no rush or deadline. You can take your time if you need to, this isn't exactly a high priority pokemon so I don't think anyone on the QC team will really mind if you go at your own pace. Sylveon has been in WIP for months so a beedrill that's already at 2 checks won't be a problem if it takes a while.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Yeah you started this less than a week ago and have already gotten it to the written stage. Feel free to hang onto it and finish it at your leisure if you want. Like NOVED and I have already said, there's no deadline so there's no need to hastily drop something when stuff comes up. If that were the case then we'd be reassigning Theorymon's stuff everyday :p

Not QC, but the slashing on the set doesn't look very good IMO. DR and KO in the third slot should suffice since you usually don't need both coverage moves, while Protect in the fourth slot is near-mandatory to Mega Evolve safely, since regular Beedrill is rather slow, and it really can't afford to take even a single hit.

As for OO, Agility and/or Tailwind could be added to outspeed even Scarfers, and the latter provides team support as well, but as with SD, it really struggles to set up, and still has trouble with priority users. Also, I'd remove Fell Stinger, it's atrocious.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Yeah I agree the slashing is ugly / doesn't work. Have a look at what I posted in my QC check above for what I think (ie: Protect being slashed with SD, DR and KO slashed in the fourth slot). Instead of having a clustered setlist, you should just explain in the moves section that you can forgo Protect for an extra coverage move if you plan to evolve Beedrill exclusively against slower mons / stuff that's paralysed / asleep so that you don't need to Protect. Also remembering what we said earlier that Protecting turn-1 can be super predictable so dropping it for a fourth coverage move can give Beedrill wicked coverage, since only running one of DR or KO leaves you walled by one thing or another...

At the very least: removing Drill Run as an option for Move 3 would tidy the slashes up a little, since every combination of moves is still possible with that change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)