[Beginner] Heroic Characters Mafia: GAME OVER! Playable Characters win

First, it's more common than you think. Secondly, why would you sarcastically disown the idea of wanting to be village, if not because you aren't village at all?
That's news to me. I thought many people usually ask to be mafia/wolf. But you probably have more experience, so what do I know?

The only one who's "deluded" is you, my friend. You'd have to be, or you'd avoid trying for leader with a sketchy claim like that.
No. Just no. I refuse to sit around and do nothing because my role is "sketchy". It has nothing to do with being deluded, it has to do with wanting to win.

In other words, if the guy mislynches the village leader, it's all right as long as he's clean, and he can continue to cause the village to self-destruct. Sure, that makes perfect sense.
Uh this is what I said. Atheno lynched the village leader who had been cleaned. Not sure what point you're trying to make here, but ok.

So basically, I'm saying that Jalmont, while not necessarily out-and-out mafia, is definitely hiding something. Requesting the inspector to see what's up here, tomorrow night if not tonight.
Nope not hiding anything. I've put everything out on the table, but again I would be very happy if the inspector inspected me so I can prove to everyone that I'm village.

I assumed deadline meant that it is day 1. I also have a strange feeling that I am the one being lynched. Further more we will have a guarantee clean village in a bit so hold of claiming. I do see a problem though as how is he inspector going to tell us who he inspected with ou lt revealing himself.

I assumed deadline meant that it is day 1. I also have a strange feeling that I am the one being lynched. Further more we will have a guarantee clean village in a bit so hold of claiming. I do see a problem though as how is he inspector going to tell us who he inspected with ou lt revealing himself.
The inspector will/should contact the person he cleaned. Although if he inspects a mafia then that's a problem.

In other news, I totally fucked up my role name! I know you people have no reason to believe me, but my role is from a game called Ghost n' Goblins. I guess that's what I get for not searching my role/not asking the host about it.

Jalmont said:
No. Just no. I refuse to sit around and do nothing because my role is "sketchy". It has nothing to do with being deluded, it has to do with wanting to win.
lol trying to lead with a sketchy claim just because you don't want to sit around and do nothing is actually bad for the village unity.

and actually, how is Faith from Buffy the vampire slayer a playable character? is there some game about the tv show?

Night results SHOULD all be out. If I missed something, let me know.

ALSO, IF YOUR ACTION SUCCEEDED, YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED OF IT SUCCEEDING!

That is all.

Guess what? It's now Day 1! Feel free to start lynching/claiming like the weird people you may or may not be.

EDIT: Also, should you change your vote, make sure to post a new post to show you changed it. I'm not looking back for edits, don't ask me to.

I'm just going to start off the day by announcing that Jalmont has been silenced.

<jalmont> if someone could post saying tha im silenced it would be very appreciated
I can confirm this was said.
Reagarding jalmonts claim change I do bilieve that it he is fishey. However that fact that he one of the most suspicious players was scilenced mcould mean he is village and the mafia des not want him to argue back. It could still be the other mafia though.

edit JALMONTS role pm
18:45jalmont Dear Jalmont,
18:45jalmont You are Arthur.
18:45jalmont You are the knight whom’s love seems to always be taken away. Through many weapons, armor, and magic, you have hunted more demons, monsters, and goblins then anyone should ever see. At least you do have that really nice beard, and such shiny gold armor, right?
18:45jalmont Unfortunately, as you ran into the field, someone took your weapon. But, you still have your armor, so if someone tries to kill you during the night, your armor will just be destroyed instead.
18:45jalmont You are allied with the Playable Characters. You win if you defeat all resistance.

I resent this abuse of flavor to humiliate me. I'll sue! jk

Anyway, the thing is, the silencing could go a few ways. First, Jal may be village, and the mafia could have silenced him simply to avoid his backlash, like shuckles said. But I don't see this being the case, since I'd think the mafia would be more than willing to let us kill ourselves.

Secondly, a villager could have silenced Jal (also a villager) to keep him from getting himself mislynched. While a somewhat good idea, this doesn't seem plausible.

Third, Jal might be mafia, and one of the other mafs on his team silenced him to avoid suspicion, which I find is the most likely scenario.

I've thrown out the idea that Jal is mafia and was silenced by a villager, because it's likely that either the villager thought Jal was clean (which would fall into option 2), or the villager is also a masquerading mafioso (which would fall into option 3).

Confirming what shuckles posted about jalmont.

Here it is with formatting and such:
Jalmont said:
loudkirbyking said:
Dear Jalmont,
You are Arthur.

You are the knight whom’s love seems to always be taken away. Through many weapons, armor, and magic, you have hunted more demons, monsters, and goblins then anyone should ever see. At least you do have that really nice beard, and such shiny gold armor, right?

Unfortunately, as you ran into the field, someone took your weapon. But, you still have your armor, so if someone tries to kill you during the night, your armor will just be destroyed instead.

You are allied with the Playable Characters. You win if you defeat all resistance.
please post this in the thread

ugh let's not break our heads over his silence, ok? he could be mafia and had one of his teammates silence him so he could look clean, but the mafia could have done it expecting us to think that, while he actually is clean, or the other mafia could have done it simply not knowing whether he is mafia or village. it's a simple case of wifom, so i suggest we don't dwell too long on it.

loudkirbyking said:
Dear red_kryal,
You are Luigi.

You are the lesser known of the Mario Brothers, and also a bit more cowardly. Though taller and skinnier, you’re also dressed in green compared to the clash of your brother’s red. Starring in fewer games, you did have your time to shine in Luigi’s Mansion, which showed your coward skills, yet also your amazing power.

You have no powers, since you lost your Poltergust 4000 before you entered, but since your bro, Mario, led you here, you know he is <a cool dude>.

You are allied with the Playable Characters. You win if you defeat all resistance.
I have also been checked by the alliance checker, so you should claim to me. I have been forwarded the flavour, and it is as follows.

loudkirbyking said:
After calling in, they filled you all in about red_kryal, including some things that you wouldn't have wanted to know. You did learn he is indeed a Playable Character, however.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
^First off, calling shenanigans. I for one am not going to believe him until at the very least no one turns up to refute this, and I saw Terrador on IRC and I know he agrees: you can ask him. It wouldn't be hard to fake that claim. And an inspect would be much more worthwhile, because we know that there is one and that he would probably step up to disagree if it means catching two mafiosos.

However, this means that as yet we have no village leader, and I'm not going to claim unless I find the inspector found that I was clean, because I don't think the mafia need any more roles than they already have. I'm waiting for the inspectee to step forth. This means that I suspect that until we tangle through the mess of leaders, we're probably going to have to fall back on some good old NOC techniques. I'm going to start the ball rolling and suggest that we Lynch shucklesmyhero. He has been acting weirdly the whole game, and to begin with I'd like him to explain this quote:

Also if the mafia could kill Jalmont on night1 it would be very helpful.
This looks hugely scummy, and I can't see why a villager wants to lynch a potential BPV. He also opted to No Lynch today, which was a terrible move considering we can't be stealthed for a while. I think that he has a lot of explaining to do, although I stress that I can't speak from any position of real authority yet: I only have the information in the thread.

EDIT: Okay, he was joking. But he has still been playing weirdly or trolling the whole game. He has a lot to explain.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jesus fuck you are fucking redic

shuckles was clearly joking. If we are going to start lynching people for saying something dumb, I think we should start off with you.

Alright, I did some background research, and here's my best claim.

Multiple people have given some clue about their role, and two of them are questionable as a real, viable candidate for being a playable character. I am incredibly suspicious of both Athenodoros and jalmont. As jalmont's role does not mention how a character who would already by questionable as a playable character fits that description, I would be inclined to believe that he is hiding something. However, as he is allied with a user that I trust, I will withhold judgment on him for now.

As for Athenodoros, I have a similar problem magnified significantly. I did research on Faith, and discovered that she is very much a somewhat heroic villain at the core of her character (or at least for most of her apprarances). Furthermore, while she has appeared as a supporting character in a single obscure video game, I would find it strange that such a character would be in this game, and have a powerful role as Athenodoros has implied.

As such a random role would be no one's first choice in faking, and he apparently had to do research on it, I am inclined to believe this is his actual role. This would almost certainly make him a somewhat heroic villain, and the fact that he's opposing an inspection claim and trying to keep the village without a leader increases my suspicions of him.

Therefore,

Lynch Athenodoros

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
As ridiculous as this sounds, I have spoken to lkk and apparently there was a communication error, and apparently Faith was supposed to mean someone from a game called Mirror's Edge. Although I realise that that doesn't clean me, and I agree that it was a stupid thing to happen. All I can say is that I'm sure that I would have come up with a decent fake claim if I were mafia, and checked it with lkk. Anyone who has played with me as mafia knows that I always get a fake claim up and running as quickly as possible, and check it with whoever I can. I'm sure I could have come up with better than such an obviously terrible claim, even if the hosts didn't give me one.

As for opposing an inspection claim and trying to keep the village without a leader, I'm just saying that I don't trust red_kryal. Many people have said they were suspicious of him, and the fact that he can post an alliance check doesn't change much. I am merely waiting to see if, say when an inspector gets up, they can get in touch with someone and that person can lead, because we know there is an inspector (virtually) and we also know (virtually) that there is only one, so I don't think it would be worth faking that claim.

EDIT: Also, as I explained to Macle on IRC, I wasn't actually trying to lynch shuckle. I was trying to get him to explain himself and thus to generate discussion, although obviously that failed.

I also think that kryal is definitely acting kind of odd. For starters, I'd like to know who exactly checked kryal last night. Once we get that confirmed, it makes the rest much easier.

Holding off on voting for now, but I'm leaning toward kryal.

Ah, that changes everything. Sorry, but you can probably see my concern from knowing about Faith from Buffy the Vampire slayer. Nvm then, although no one has come forwards to oppose the inspection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)